What did we learn today 6-30-2011

What did we learn today 6-30-2011 - Multiple Choice Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe GA kept it in the same place as the gas cans she didn't have access to when she and Tony had to break in to get them? (Read: I'll lock everything down to keep my thieving daughter's hands off my stuff).

It kinda ruins the "Roy-Kronk-ducttaped-her-skull-after-decomp" angle. How the heck would he have known what kind of duct tape the Anthonys have? Or did RK bring that roll of duct tape to the Kidfinders tent?

Why are you trying to make sense of the defense strategy? You'll end up in the looney bin if you try to do that.

I have learned that I will miss all the humorous, bright, insightful, professional and kind & caring folks here at Websleuths.There are a lot of great minds and greater hearts, and it feels like we have formed this litle community ( well today there were nearly 1500 people trying to read here, so not so little)This is kind of a bitter sweet time. I really am glad that Caylee will soon be getting the justice we all have come here to seek, but I will miss this commradery. Through all this horror, the twists and turns, and sheer craziness, there is always someone who comes up with an encouraging or funny remark, which breaks the tension, puts a smile on our faces and keeps us going.Thank you! And thanks you to all the wonderful MODS and Attorneys. I think I will be going through WS withdrawal for a while. :0) Words can not express . . .

Stick around. We all support each other here with many different things. There are always cases that can use some alternate thinking to help with, there are fun threads like in the Bizarre and Offbeat News and Random Thoughts thread, there are emus, a prayer thread, a dealing with cancer thread, people have started and you can start threads asking for personal advice and a lot more. At Websleuth's you can laugh, cry and send me large amounts of cash.

Hello everyone!

I'm a lurker turned member here now:woohoo: BUT not a stranger to this case.

I wanted to just say I have learned a few things with the duration of this trial:

I have learned I really shouldn't eat while watching the trial.

I have lost my appetite for pizza for a while.

I have learned how to use magical thinking! :great:

I now will never make pigs in a blanket. Ever again.

I have learned who not to call if I ever need defense.

I have learned that camera's are everywhere in that court room.

I have learned how to randomly scream at my computer screen.

I am a former law student so this was a nice refresher course for me.

I have learned not to upset HHJP. :banghead:

I have learned a lot about people I never knew before. Not sure I actually wanted to know this either.

I have seen a close contrast to the Truman Show. *anyone remember that movie?*

I won't ever see Harry Potter movies quite the same ever again after hearing "magical thinking". :waitasec:

I learned how to properly bury a pet.

I think I could go on and on but I have learned how not to do much while this trial has been going on since Jury Selection. Now I have to learn how to do other things after this trial is over with. :crazy:

:welcome4:

I am so convinced the DT has been reading here, and taking their theories from what they read :floorlaugh:

I recall much discussion here about that particular kind of Henkel duct tape being very rare and sold only in Ohio (where the A's hail from,) and not being manufactured for many years now.

BBM

I respectfully disagree. If they read here they may have been able to put together a coherent defense. JMO

I learned that CA better take her yorkies to the vet and have them checked because I fear they too may very well die soon too because chloroform is a carcinogen and causes cancer in humans and her dogs are soo little!
:sheesh:

Even the cat died in 2009? was it an old cat? I bet not.

Would it be that surprising if the A's animals started living longer after KC is incarcerated for life?

I just learned that books tie one down to a particular room. :book:

thank you! I told him he could go into another room, but since we only have a desk top computer, I had to stay where I was. I think he just likes to complain! :crazy:

PS I also learned today that there is no AHA moment! (I never really thought there was, though, so maybe that one doesn't count)

someone needs to seriously put a disclaimer up on this particular forum that reads "warning...do not munch ice, drink soda or any liquids or eat while reading! You will choke while laughing!"

This Trial has went on much too long.......

when Family members are on and off the stand like a Pop Tart.

when the Judge has to ask the Defense for the 100th time " how much more time do you need to prepare " ....ugh

when Baez starts calling the murder victim......" Casey " ( asking Cindy.... was this when Casey was still alive? ...Priceless )

when Baez starts sitting in his seat smirking and bobbing his head around like a car dash bobbing figure or stroking the front of his jacket as he talks and walks

when it becomes more important to the Defense to prove the Father of the accused may have had an affair.

when Defense witnesses are cut off by the Defense once a few needed words are said......then you hear...... stop there, you weren't asked that, motion to strike.

when the Defense motions to strike himself or says what he wants the Jury to hear him say and then says...... I withdraw my question.

when the accused is standing for the Jury to enter and she is talking and primping and tucking her blouse.

when Baez is now back to using the media to help his case like in the beginning, rather then complaining about them

when lunch breaks are being extended

when the Judge has to ask....do you really want the Jury to open and smell this can Mr. Baez????

when the Judge has to ask Baez will this or how will this hurt your Client

JMO

I've learned today that "flipping the bird" and letting Judge Perry catch you at it is PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I also learned today that (thanks to a link) George Anthony gave Baez the stink eye & death stare when being called to the stand. After testifying, George gave the "hand washing" sign like I AM D.O.N.E. :great:

I learned that when you have a conga line of dead pets and your dogs start acting lethargic, don't think "bamboo shoots" or google chlorophyll. Go right to chloroform and spell it right. And hide the duct tape.

(My idea for a title of the next book written on this case is Sex, Lies, and Duct Tape).

OMG thanks so much Cecybeans, I belly laughed at the "conga line" thing, but wanted to add my book title would be " Inmate Casey Anthony: Gypsy, Tramp and Thief "

OMG thanks so much Cecybeans, I belly laughed at the "conga line" thing, but wanted to add my book title would be " Inmate Casey Anthony: Gypsy, Tramp and Thief "

Why are you insulting Gypsy's like that?

I learned that the defense made their first smart decision by casey not taking the stand. I also learned that caylee has more love from all of us than casey could have ever shown her. And finally, I learned that I am not alone in my desire to see justice win over injustice and good triumph over evil. Bless you all for going the extra mile, and seeing this case through to the end! If their ever is a retrial, I believe we all will be holding the same vigil, united together in the name of justice!

I learned that the defense made their first smart decision by casey not taking the stand. I also learned that caylee has more love from all of us than casey could have ever shown her. And finally, I learned that I am not alone in my desire to see justice win over injustice and good triumph over evil. Bless you all for going the extra mile, and seeing this case through to the end! If their ever is a retrial, I believe we all will be holding the same vigil, united together in the name of justice!

Well said! Evil triumphs when good people do nothing. Let's hear it for all the good people who stepped up in this case. Even the smallest gesture counts, like just being supportive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so convinced the DT has been reading here, and taking their theories from what they read :floorlaugh:

I recall much discussion here about that particular kind of Henkel duct tape being very rare and sold only in Ohio (where the A's hail from,) and not being manufactured for many years now.

ITA - but it also looks like they stopped reading for a couple of years. Most of the stuff they used is so outdated and has been revised or corrected by vigilant WS'ers. Although I think they've been tuning in and reading comments during the trial to course-correct.

This may have nothing to do with it (couldn't watch much today so don't know if this has been covered), but JG was never called to the stand and I didn't hear why. I remember posting the other day about how I was rereading an early LE interview (the one where he calls her lying "diabolical" and the preceding statements were all about how careless and inattentive she was generally as a mom to Caylee - leaving her unattended while she was on the computer or phone, etc. I had not even remembered that part of the transcript. I've noticed several times that, after posters have discussed certain subjects here, or reiterated a general consensus reached recently or in the past, that certain witnesses weren't asked questions I might have otherwise expected. I can't drill it down to specifics, but I have been getting a general feeling that WS and perhaps other forums were being studied throughout the trial as a barometer of what either the jury might be thinking or what evidence in discovery that had been largely ignored by the DT might somehow raise its ugly head were they to venture in that direction (which JB seemed to do on his own at an alarming rate anyway). Just a thought.

I learned that I'm not particularly fond of George's taste in women:innocent:

I also learned that I'm actually relieved the jurors don't have to have the experience of knowing what human decomposition smells like.

I learned today that Baez is very afraid of those cans of death.
I learned that he is also very afraid of Cindy's work records that contain more than he wanted the jury to know.

I learned that it not only was Cindy who got the ball rolling on this case with the last 911 call, but also will be the deciding factor in premeditation after the jury realizes that she was at work on those March days that the searches were done..more than likely sending emails or documenting something on the work computer during the exact time Casey was searching at home on their computer.

I learned that Casey wasn't smart enough to follow the family tradition and bury Caylee in the ground, although I do believe it was her first plan, she was just way too lazy to dig.

I learned that by even bringing up how the Anthony's disposed of their pets, Baez right by himself took away the accusations against Kronk, because certainly the meter reader was not invited to the ceremonies the Anthony's held in their yard while burying a pet:waitasec:

Most important, I learned that this defense truly was nothing but a story wrote out by Casey in attempts to pull the wool over people with obviously much more common sense than she is used to, and it will not work. I strongly feel we will see a first degree conviction very soon.

I also learned that I am sure going to miss you guys when this is over, but I have lost about as much respect for our judicial system as I can comprehend at this point.

Great thoughts you've shared here. On the bold quote above, I wonder if your low regard for the judicial system would be rehabilitated somewhat if the upcoming ICA verdict seems suitable to you.

The OJ Simpson criminal verdict shattered my confidence in the criminal judicial system (although I felt the situation was redeemed a bit by the later, civil judgment against OJ).

:rocker:

I voted An Emu Would Have Known The Prosecution Would Get To Use CA's Work Records. (I always vote Emu).

I also learned that Bird Flipper Guy said he didn't know why he gave Mr. Ashton the courtesy of that gesture of affection. What he should have said was "Your Honor, it was an accident that snowballed out of control!"

:floorlaugh: That was choice!

I also learned today that there is no AHA moment! (I never really thought there was, though, so maybe that one doesn't count)

Oh, but there WAS!! The "pet burial" questioning made me go AHA!!

It basically entirely eliminated, by A near mathematical impossibilty that he would have known EVERY single detail of how the Ants bury their pets, the DT's RK theory. Because RK would NOT have had any idea whatsoever WHERE the Ants bury their pets , HOW the Ants buried their pets, And, WHAT brand of duct tape they used when burying their pets.

It firmly points to at least ONE of the Ants bagging and taping little Caylee!!

Which basically leads us to ONLY 2 possibilities...
1) EVERY other member of the Anthony family is in collusion to frame ICA and made the entire 31 day story up AND somehow made ICA a happy,carefree, partying,stealing,tattooing,spending spree going, boyfriend hopping, movie watching, happy go lucky party girl for those 31 days while in reality she was in a deep depression over the fact that the Ants had murdered her child, and THEN....they called the police after the 31 days and turned her in. :waitasec:
OR,
2) ICA did it

AHA!! JB was RIGHT!!:floorlaugh:

P.S. I don't think the DT gave near enough thought to just how damning that "pet burial" testimony was... to THEIR OWN case!
In their zeal to implicate GA they evidently forgot that ICA had witnessed at least a few of those burials, and knew those exact same details as well.

Hoist with their own petard!!:floorlaugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back