What do you see in this picture??

It doesn't look anything like a heart to me. It does look like a smiley face, .

Who stated it was a heart anyway? I do recall hearing it was a heart waaaay back, but IMO it clearly isn't.

And as you know...I agree about the smiley face...looks nothing like a heart, even if it was drawn with her left hand, and she was right handed. I believe that it was ink, because the coroner that examined her said it was...and he is the one that called it a heart. I believe he is correct about the ink part...I mean, he could have rubbed some of it off, just to be sure. And being a coroner, I sure would hope that he would know the difference between ink and a rope burn or abrasion. (He would be in the wrong line of work if he didn't). But...I believe he is wrong about it being a heart...that is just one person's opinion. Why would a heart have two marks like this...
l l up above something that looks like U. I just don't see a heart there. Never have...never will.

I see the dark hair. The coroner said the "heart" was red ink- I am sure he could tell what it was in person. It does look like a heart to me, though more like a heart a child would draw.

These photos were taken in the morgue on the autopsy table before she was undressed. Her hands and arms are no longer in the right-angle bent position they were in the previous day in the crime photos taken on the living room carpet in her home. That's because rigor was dissipating ad the coroner sometimes has to break rigor manually.

If it is a heart...the top of it doesn't even connect. How can it be a heart? Just askin'.

I think she's laying on her left side with her body rolled forward a little...like this

079.jpg

jonbenethandheart11.jpg

So the hair is actually on the sleeve of her right arm

Yep...I am 100 percent that you are right!

How many people draw on the children's hands? I never have. I've done a few mustaches in my time, but never drew in my kid's hand. If Patsy didn't do it, just makes me think someone less artistic in the house did. Looks like a child did it, if ya ask me...........

I never drew anything on my (6-7 yr. old) child's palm, but I was always annoyed and upset when I would discover her own "palm inscriptions" (usually in ink). My reaction was, "Why do you do this? You don't write on your palm! Ink has chemicals in it! If you want to write or draw you use a pen and paper! Now, go wash that off and show me your clean hands!" She remembers it and we laugh about it now...

it's not a heart, it is a smiley.

I hate that pic so much, her teeny lil hand :(

Yeah, but isn't this a photo of her left hand?

That was before I was reminded that the photo was of her left hand.
:waitasec: Maybe it's time for a break when I can't tell right from left!

My partner agrees with you,says it's deffo a smiley face.

I edited the picture, and marked where the smiley face is, and then saved it to my computer, but I can't copy it onto the boards here. Tell your partner thank you....I didn't think that I was the only one that saw it. I can't make out a heart no matter how I turn the picture...or squint...it's not a heart. It doesn't even meet at the top...

it's not a heart, it is a smiley.

I hate that pic so much, her teeny lil hand :(

I know!! I hate that pic too!! Poor little JB. The first person to say it was a heart, was the coroner. My guess is, he didn't get a real good look at it...just assumed it was a heart. Looks nothing like a heart though.

That was before I was reminded that the photo was of her left hand.
:waitasec: Maybe it's time for a break when I can't tell right from left!

Well, it was kinda hard to tell...the way that she was laying.

I've never looked at the picture up close.I always assumed it was a heart because that's what the coroner said.
It's definitely a smiley :)

I've never looked at the picture up close.I always assumed it was a heart because that's what the coroner said.
It's definitely a smiley :)

I just asked my 19 year old daughter to look at the picture, and tell me what she saw. She said..."A smiley face, why?" I said, "some people think that it looks like a heart". And she said.."that does not look like a heart".
Yep, its a smiley face...like this....l l and with a ( under it.

I am trying to copy and paste a picture of the Nintendo64 controller. Can anyone do that?

I want to point out that if JonBenet was holding tight to something...than we need to take a close look at the plug of the N64 controller.

Here you go, this is the plug that is attached to the controller.

side view:
n64controller.jpg

front view:
n64controllerfront.jpg

it does look like an imprint of something more than an ink drawing,but I'll go with what the coroner said on that one...he can't be that wrong ,can he?

it does look like an imprint of something more than an ink drawing,but I'll go with what the coroner said on that one...he can't be that wrong ,can he?

I guess not. I would sure think the coroner could tell the difference between an imprint and a drawing.

The coroner did note that "A red ink line drawing in the form of a heart is located on the palm of the left hand" but I don't think it even remotely resembles a heart.

If it WAS misidentified, it sure wouldn't be the first or worst mistake made in this case.

I definatly can't see a heart shape it could look like a smiley but my first thought before people said smiley was a letter c with lines added at the end.

Good gosh I HOPE not. He may have rubbed some of the ink off, just to make sure, maybe that is why it looks so faded. Yes, I believe that a coroner would know the difference between an imprint, and ink. He needs to get another job, if he doesn't.

Thank you TragCo for the picture...I tried an experiment with my 51/2 year old. I placed ink on the plug of the N64 controller and had her pull it as hard as she could. When I looked at her hand...there were some similarities to the "heart-shaped" picture of JonBenet's hand. I wish I knew how to get a picture here.

Did the coroner's report mention the cluster blisters?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back