What do you think Ron's testimony would be against Tommy and Misty in the drug cases?

I have tried to stay away because this really make me mad! I just couldn't hold it much longer. It makes NO SENSE TO ME WHAT SO EVER WHY LE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER A PLEA UNLESS IT BROUGHT HALEIGH HOME! :furious: NONE! :furious:

I just don't understand. :banghead:

What could Ronald have on Misty or Tommy when it comes to the drug case that LE doesn't already have on video?
If Ron is snitching, that would be minor IMO.
Even if it Could be about Misty's drug/prostitution house she visited or where she got her drugs, IMO Ronald was right there with her.
As for Tommy, the only thing I can think of is maybe Tommy told Ronald where he got his street drugs from and Ronald snitched on those people? Regardless, when it comes to the drug case I just don't understand why they would give Ronald a plea deal, any of them. Unless Ronald knows something about what happen to Haleigh and he told LE about it and they were able to bring her home. But IMO, if that was the case then Ronald must of taken part some how. I feel the same about all the players mixed up in this drug case :twocents:

:truce:

Just a FYI if there is a case that has this many players in it is not unlike LE t give out deals, especially when this would be a first offense that Ron has been convicted of. THe reason Hope got it so bad was she had a drug charge two weeks prior that she was convicted of but out of jail. She also showed no remorse and the judge was not in a good mood that day.
Ron cannot plea on his daughters case as no one has been arrested so it can not be what he is going to testify on. He may know more than what is on the tapes about where the pills came from etc. Just sayin

From what I understood Shoemaker say, RC has two charges that carry a 25-year minimum, and three that carry a 15-year minimum. What they want is to have the two 25-year charges dropped and RC be sentenced on the lesser charges. In return for that, RC would be willing to testify against the others.

I see nothing that shows the prosecution has offered RC any kind of deal. We heard Hope say RC had told her (in the car when they rode back to jail together) that he had been offered 25 years. Now we hear of the proposed 15-year deal in exchange for RC's testimony, but that does not mean a deal has been offered by the prosecution.

I suspect the attorney is proposing this deal, not the prosecution. Time will tell whether the prosecution takes RC up on his offer, but I am not sure how this would play if MC and ToC never go to trial; if they do not go to trial, how could RC testify against them? And if the prosecutor did go for such a deal but RC never gets the opportunity to testify, what would happen to his deal?

I asked these questions on the ask the attorney thread but they have not been answered yet!

This is my first time on this board, so forgive me if I offend anyone. My take on R Cummings plea deal is ....Ron and his lawyer has stated things in a way, that I would believe that Ron was in charge and said "I will do you a favor and testify against Misty." Like the big man with Hope "I will be a moral support witness for you" ( all MOP ) . There is nothing more to it than Ron being his big sef important self. He and his lawyer offered the deal. It has been put on other places (and made , in my opinion only) that the SA just jumped at Ron giving them a deal. They are not (*I.M.O.) taking Ron's bait. It is big man offering what he thinks is big man stuff. He offered a plea deal. The DA. would accept it. How it got turned around to Ron in charge and the DA being the one to take crumbs from him (IMO) I don't know.

Bet RC squeals out all suppliers (his own mother and GGS?), dealers, (MC)buyers (Hank/Lisa/ToC) etc.
I for 1 want to know who his VA guy supplier was in the tape!
WBG is in jail along with Talon now also.
Who's next?
Oh where is Haleigh???

I would think that it would have to be things to do with Misty that he would be testifying about at her trial. I can see him telling on the suppliers and people who were buying from them at his own trial or to get a deal but I don't know how that would be speaking against Misty at her trial. Seems like it would have to be about things that she did that is unknown.

I don't believe for a minute this his mother or his GRAMMA are involved in this drug mess. In fact I think it is disgusting to even name his gramma. Ron might use drugs but it doesn't mean that his mom and gramma do. I've never even read or heard anything about his mom and gramma using drugs except by some people on here. People seem to be getting carried away or letting their imaginations run away with them. :furious:

This is my first time on this board, so forgive me if I offend anyone. My take on R Cummings plea deal is ....Ron and his lawyer has stated things in a way, that I would believe that Ron was in charge and said "I will do you a favor and testify against Misty." Like the big man with Hope "I will be a moral support witness for you" ( all MOP ) . There is nothing more to it than Ron being his big sef important self. He and his lawyer offered the deal. It has been put on other places (and made , in my opinion only) that the SA just jumped at Ron giving them a deal. They are not (*I.M.O.) taking Ron's bait. It is big man offering what he thinks is big man stuff. He offered a plea deal. The DA. would accept it. How it got turned around to Ron in charge and the DA being the one to take crumbs from him (IMO) I don't know.

Welcome to Websleuths!!!! :blowkiss: We're so happy you joined us!!! :woohoo:

I realize Haleigh's case is separate... that's why I'm saying... what could he possibly be able to testify to, since he was in on the drug trafficking too? Unless he is an informant, and was there as a plant. That happens, but I just don't think it's true in this case.

They don't need his testimony to convict Misty.
He can add absolutely nothing.
If I were the prosecutor, I would not put him on the stand. It wouldn't even take a good defense attorney to turn things upside down and Misty could walk.
There's got to be some other reason for this--but it's not like the State is giving up a lot here--15 years is more than plenty of time for RC, unless you believe he is involved somehow with Haleigh--and I don't believe he is. This guy is basically just a drug addict--and it's not that I don't believe in giving drug addicts time, but there are other, cheaper ways to try with a dope fiend than 15 years hard time, not that I have any sympathy for the guy.
But long term lock up is expensive and there's only so much room in these jailhouses even when they're packing them in there like sardines.

Here's a guess as to what he may testify to in Misty's trial. (I have no guesses in Tommy's trial).

It seems clear that Fields is preparing for a trial for Misty given that he is doing depositions this week. Since they have Misty on video, Fields is going to need some sort of trial strategy. My guess is Fields will use "entrapment" saying that LE went after her due to the "HaLeigh case".

Ronald can testify as to how the drug dealing began - how they came into contact with the undercover officer (which is NOT on video). Things like that.

As for Tommy, I really have no guesses. We haven't seen his video that I can recall.
ITA and was preparing to type a similar post when I saw yours. Ron will testify that Misty approached him about doing the deals with the UC. He'll testify that she arranged the times and meeting places, etc. According to the arrest reports that we've seen (Jan 19 and 20 are missing) all of the phone calls were between the UC and Misty. Ron's testimony against Misty does not make him any less guilty of his participation in the crimes, but it does give him bargaining power in getting his charges dropped and/or reduced. If the SA goes for the deal it tells me that they're worried about their case against Misty. Without the testimony of her cohorts, the only witnesses for the state are the UC and other LEO's. I would think that Tommy and Donna will try to cut deals in exchange for their respective testimonies, as well.

I'm really wondering if Ron may testify that Tommy and Misty had a drug business going before she ever met him and maybe another thing going where she'd go stay with drug dealers and then they'd rob them later. Tommy's always hanging around involved and Misty hung around with dope dealers. She even spotted the one they were buying the drugs from and then told Hope to come with her.

I'm really wondering if Ron may testify that Tommy and Misty had a drug business going before she ever met him and maybe another thing going where she'd go stay with drug dealers and then they'd rob them later. Tommy's always hanging around involved and Misty hung around with dope dealers. She even spotted the one they were buying the drugs from and then told Hope to come with her.

You bring up a very valid point here and one that would make some sense as to what RC might be able to use against MC and TC if this is the case. It's going to have to be something beyond the realms of the video tapes of the sting.

Welcome to WS gmapiggy

You bring up a very valid point here and one that would make some sense as to what RC might be able to use against MC and TC if this is the case. It's going to have to be something beyond the realms of the video tapes of the sting.

I believe whatever Ron would testify against Misty and Tommy's drug activities, would have to be able to be proven. This just can't be a he said, she said testimony. Ron can say what he wants, but there better be proof that it's true or it's worthless toward a plea deal for him. jmo

Not wanting to accuse anybody in particular but I know for a fact that some people's grandparents do use drugs. (ahem) Just because somebody becomes a granny doesn't make them sober, necessarily.

Prescription drugs abuse is rather common in the elderly because they often have legitimate complaints that they need painkillers for and it gets so easily out of hand because they're addictive.

However, even if any of Ron's older relatives had anything to do with supplying pills to Misty and Tommy I don't believe that he would testify about anything that implicated them in Misty and Tommy's trials.

Let's get this thread back on track.

What do you think Ron's testimony would be against Tommy and Misty in the drug cases?

Edit your posts accordingly.

I don't think there will be any testimony. I think, in my head that Ron put up a request for a deal thru his lawyer and the media blew it out of purportion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back