Votes: 14 3.5%
  • F

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • not sure

Votes: 9 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only gave him a B because he of the way he lets CM go on sometimes trying to get people that clearly ought to be excused.

One other thought...I know there is no way to tell who is telling the truth but I have never seen so many people caring for sick parents. Out of the number of people questioned it seems to be an awful high percent of them using this excuse.

But I do think he is doing a great job just not an A, probably wouldn't give anyone one.

I gave the judge an A+, but I need to explain that now, many people who planned to retire and enjoy their lives instead find themselves becoming caretakers to elderly (80's and up parents) since people do live longer. It's called the "sandwich generation" of people with kids in college and ailing parents to care for. Some can't retire because their income is needed for both ends of the age spectrum.

I have one friend who retired, only to immediately become the one who watched out for 4 elderly women in the family since she "wasn't working". It gave her a nervous breakdown.

I think Judge Perry realizes very clearly the situation and that it isn't unusual.

I gave him an A+ here because he's working hard to find that jury for Casey and for his excellent rulings, care and compassion, and perhaps most of all, patience.

AAA, Top Drawer

And to those that think he has an ego or thinks too highly of himself I'd say it's well placed. He's earned that, imo.

I gave His Honor and A but it really should be an A+++...he is doing everything he can to accomodate a whiny attorney and their client...:great:

JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I gave Judge Perry an "A." There wasn't an option for "A plus" or I would have given it to him.

I think that he is doing an amazing job. I can not think of that many people who would be able to pack up their life and leave it for two months. So many people have so many responsibilities now. Single parents. Grandparents raising their grandchildren. Children taking care of their elderly parents. Jobs that are obviously not willing to work with their employee's who are called to jury duty. I understand the small business owners not being able to fork over that kind of money for an employee that isn't working, but hospitals, Fire Dept.'s, government jobs, etc... have no excuse for not having a better policy in place for their employee's. It's almost like they are condemning their civic duty.

I actually am surprised that we are moving as fast as we are moving. If we wouldn't have had that little blip on day two... and 49 people weren't dismissed... we would be in an even better situation. Other than that, I think it is running as smoothly as it could be and I give all that credit to Judge Perry.

I gave Judge Perry an "A." There wasn't an option for "A plus" or I would have given it to him.

I think that he is doing an amazing job. I can not think of that many people who would be able to pack up their life and leave it for two months. So many people have so many responsibilities now. Single parents. Grandparents raising their grandchildren. Children taking care of their elderly parents. Jobs that are obviously not willing to work with their employee's who are called to jury duty. I understand the small business owners not being able to fork over that kind of money for an employee that isn't working, but hospitals, Fire Dept.'s, government jobs, etc... have no excuse for not having a better policy in place for their employee's. It's almost like they are condemning their civic duty.

I actually am surprised that we are moving as fast as we are moving. If we wouldn't have had that little blip on day two... and 49 people weren't dismissed... we would be in an even better situation. Other than that, I think it is running as smoothly as it could be and I give all that credit to Judge Perry.

What is so funny is that Nancy was crowing that the Judge was being foolish in trying to have the trial start Tuesday. I think Perry know what he is doing despite what Grace says on her show.

I voted B. I CANNOT fathom why Casey is not shackled and in jail garb.
I have his honor an "A", if there had been a higher grade I would have given him that. I don't see how it could have been done any better by anyone. He is an amazing man and my opinion of him has shot way, WAY up since jury selection began.

Hi Horace, it was determined long ago that presenting a defendant to a jury in prison garb and in shackles prejudices the jury toward a guilty verdict. I think it would be grounds for an appeal, and further, in our system of justice, one is innocent until proven guilty. There is no chance of her making an escape, so to shackle her and present her in prison garb would only serve the defense and ensure her another "bite at the apple."
*Not being an attorney this is just my understanding of the law, and it is worth exactly what you paid for it. :great:

I voted B. The reason is in my experience with trials and as being a juror, the general admonishments that the judge makes have been made one time to the entire jury pool and then time is saved from repeating it for each juror. Although we always remained in the courtroom during invidividual questioning as well, so very different from this jury selection method. Not very expedient, but I suppose they have their reasons for doing it this way.

He needs to control the DT time and rambling. Enough already.

I give the Honorable Judge Perry a AAA+!

I haven't followed a case from gavel to gavel in years and really wasnt going to do so in the Anthony case. I will not have the time to watch it all the time day in and day out.. but I will watch as much as my schedule allows me to do.

BUT when I began watching HJP in the courtroom I have been drawn to this case like a moth to a flame.

He is a very large part of why I am going to watch the trial.

I just love Judge Perry!

IMO

I gave a B because he's letting the defense become too long winded with their examination.

But he's been an A until today :)

I gave a B because he's letting the defense become too long winded with their examination.

But he's been an A until today :)

I wonder it is to get out any chance the Defense has to call for a mistrial when the trial does get underway.

I gave him a B when this poll was first posted. Based on overall evaluation to date, a B is quite fair, imo. I want to be able to give him an A when this is over. :)

voted A - he is a awesome Judge. Thinks of everything and has control over his courtroom.

Until today, I was all for a strong B. After today, it's now a C. He needs to pull the reins in on the DT for "coaching" potential jurors on the word "mitigation, mitigating, etc". Just interview them and get off the seed planting of mitigation. IMO, the DT knows they are cooked and are trying to sway during the jury selection process so she doesn't get death. JP needs to pull them back on that.

The homeless shelter jury pool gave me heartburn. He had an A- until that point due to allowing the DT to take up too much time with questions that were coming up too early in the process. I also felt the dismissal of the group of tainted potential jurors was a little over kill. Just a handful heard anything and who knows what they heard and if it really tainted them. The homeless shelter jury consideration gave him a C. There is still time for him to bring his grade back up to an A. I suppose some of the talk of the shelter people was perhaps some sarcasm for Jose, but it gives me an image of the Sheriff hand picking jury members. I hope this made sense. Have had the worst migraine today complete with Aura..These migraines are sort of a recent experience for me and the aura part is completely blinding and overwhelming. I may be like the high school teacher passing out bad grades on a bad day...lol

I voted B.

Move it along please. Four hours for questioning a juror?! Yikes.

I haven't voted yet (too early) but so far, I've given him an A in my mind. Today, he fell to a B. He needs to reighn this this thing in now. No more mister-nice-guy on the jury selection. The trial needs to start!

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member