• BL Alive and in hiding.

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • BL Succumbed to the desert elements.

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of strangers.

Votes: 138 45.0%
  • BL Overdose/or alcohol poisoning.

Votes: 14 4.6%
  • BL Dead at the hands of someone he knew.

Votes: 55 17.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 27 8.8%

• Total voters
He could very well be there, but I am more inclined to think whoever harmed him took him away.

I'm hoping I can get a few facts confirmed as well as offering new insight (if not explored yet).

When Brandon says "I'm 10min up the road," Does any one have any idea as to where that might be? North of Bronte? Just south?

Does anyone have any idea where and when Brandon's cell phone last pinged and could it in ANY WAY corroborate being "10 min up the road?" If not it would have to suggest he was taken.

I live in Dallas and have been meaning to drive up and down that stretch of 277. Seems to be the only this can move forward.

Will update soon.

Also, did Kyle tell police Brandon was hiding or that he just THOUGHT Brandon was hiding?

Also, did Kyle tell police Brandon was hiding or that he just THOUGHT Brandon was hiding?

Kyle told officers - he thought Brandon was hiding because Brandon had a warrant out on him and didn't want to deal with police.

I'm hoping I can get a few facts confirmed as well as offering new insight (if not explored yet).

When Brandon says "I'm 10min up the road," Does any one have any idea as to where that might be? North of Bronte? Just south?

Does anyone have any idea where and when Brandon's cell phone last pinged and could it in ANY WAY corroborate being "10 min up the road?" If not it would have to suggest he was taken.

I live in Dallas and have been meaning to drive up and down that stretch of 277. Seems to be the only this can move forward.

Will update soon.

10 minutes up the road to me would be north of Bronte about 10 miles, which doesn't make any sense at all. The spot he ran out of gas is south of Bronte. If he had been 10 minutes up the road from where he ran out of gas, he would have been on the other side of Bronte, close to the Y splitting the way to Abilene and Sweetwater.

Now, if he was thinking Kyle was still coming to Bronte and not quite here yet, he could have stated "I'm 10 minutes up the road", meaning "I'm just 10 minutes from you", thinking he's 10 minutes from Kyle, not 10 minutes from Bronte or his truck.

Also, was this spoken or texted. If texted it could be someone else texting to get them further up the road and out of the area.

I drive this road often. At that time of night he could have seen the lights of Bronte and house lights (there are several homes close by).

Bronte is a very small town....one traffic light.....takes less than a minute to drive through there. I don't think Brandon made it on foot to Bronte.

I think he was telling Kyle (if it was him) to keep coming....I'm just up the road. It only takes about 20 minutes to get from the north side of San Angelo (which is where BL left from his home) to Bronte.

I think that’s one of the main questions that need to be answered. Where is 10 min up? Maybe he was walking towards Bronte? Maybe the other direction? 10 min on foot would be much different than 10 min in a car.
I believe this was talking to Brandon on the phone. I’m not sure why Brandon called 911 but did not tell KL that he was in trouble. KL assumed he was close, hiding because of the police and he had a warrant. He never told KL that he was in trouble other than to say “I’m f’ing bleeding”. The phone service was in and out. Why was he bleeding? KL spent time at the truck with the officer before looking for BL. Did he succumb to an injury during that time? Did he get lost on the land due to confusion from drugs and alcohol? Did someone kill him and move him? There have been no further clues. No word from LE. I don’t know if the are still even investigating..it’s been a long time without any answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascal, you make some valid points here, but unfortunately I don't think the sheriff is looking for Brandon or working his case. If anyone is, it's the Texas Rangers and I doubt it has much priority with them. I don't get the feeling his family is pushing LE for answers. I might be wrong there, but don't think so.

I think if he was walking it was towards Bronte. There was nothing back the other way and it was up hill!

If we listen to the clues on the 911 call, it tells us a few things.
"I'm in the middle of a field"
1. He had to climb through or over a barbed wire fence to get in the field. If he's in a hurry, he got cut. He is a big guy. There isn't room to squeeze through that fence without getting cut. I have climbed through many a barbed wire fence and there is usually someone else holding one wire up and the other wire down for you to get through it without getting scratched. Doing it alone and as big as he was, he got cut.
2. This statement has always bothered me. Here in Texas, a field is usually grassy or plowed. A field is without trees. If he was around trees and brush he would have said I'm in a pasture. But then he says........
"Some guys chased me into the woods"
3. There was more than one person after him. There was an altercation of some kind for him to run into the woods. (But woods to me implies trees!) Was he in a field (without trees) or the woods (with trees)? He was trying to hide. He was running and out of breath.
"I've got one of em"
4. He has one of them when he calls 911. It is very evident to me the other guy says "yes" to an ambulance. I don't think he was hallucinating myself.
There is only 1 field in that area and it is the hay field by the trailer house. It was very close to where he ran out of gas. Everything else is pasture. Mesquite trees (thorns to get cut with and scratched), cactus, brush. Not easy to run in, but could provide cover from someone who's chasing you.

To me, that is proof there was someone else there, they harmed Brandon and took him with them. His body could still be there, but I sort of doubt it. I think he has been dumped somewhere in a remote spot and hopefully someday someone will come across bones and they will be identified as BL. I think he's somewhere off the road between Bronte and San Angelo. There are several areas heading back toward San Angelo that someone could take off the main highway and not be seen. Lots of country roads and not tons of people. There are some pretty large ranches around the San Angelo area also.

I think that’s one of the main questions that need to be answered. Where is 10 min up? Maybe he was walking towards Bronte? Maybe the other direction? 10 min on foot would be much different than 10 min in a car.
I believe this was talking to Brandon on the phone. I’m not sure why Brandon called 911 but did not tell KL that he was in trouble. KL assumed he was close, hiding because of the police and he had a warrant. He never told KL that he was in trouble other than to say “I’m f’ing bleeding”. The phone service was in and out. Why was he bleeding? KL spent time at the truck with the officer before looking for BL. Did he succumb to an injury during that time? Did he get lost on the land due to confusion from drugs and alcohol? Did someone kill him and move him? There have been no further clues. No word from LE. I don’t know if the are still even investigating..it’s been a long time without any answers.

It has always bothered me that he did not tell anyone he was in trouble and called 911. I don't understand that at all. At least no one has admitted in public he told them he was in trouble. Why? Wouldn't that be the first thing you did? Call Kyle or Audrey and say "I f'ing ran into these guys and they are chasing me....hurry, come get me! I'm in trouble.!" No, just I'm bleeding. Why???

I think he was on drugs. I think he died somewhere near his car. Not sure how. Could be the elements, wildlife, land owner shot him, came upon something he shouldn't have, got in creep's car and then jumped out and was chased, etc. If I had to narrow down, I'd say he succumbed to the elements (also my theory on Maura Murray....OCCAMs Razor and all).

I respect your opinion, but the area is not desolate. There was a well traveled road, homes and a town 2 miles up the road. BL would not have gotten lost and died in that area. Too many houses and people. I don't think a landowner would have shot him. It's just not in the nature of farming communities for people to just shoot someone who comes up to your home. They too would call 911 first. I think there is a possibility he was on drugs, but I don't feel he was hallucinating. Also, there are very few wildlife animals who kill a person. They usually run!! Rattlesnake is the exception tho.

What happened after that is a mystery, he did say he was bleeding but not what caused it

** my 2 cents worth, And humble opinion, unless noted **

No one just says "I'm bleeding". There would be SOMETHING else with it. I'm bleeding.. from my stomach. I'm bleeding... because I climbed over some barbed wire. KL and A have not detailed their conversation with Brandon to the public. Static or no static, poor phone quality or not, there is minutes of conversation that they have not released.

I don't think a landowner would have shot him. It's just not in the nature of farming communities for people to just shoot someone who comes up to your home. They too would call 911 first. I think there is a possibility he was on drugs, but I don't feel he was hallucinating.

You're making an assumption here though. There are some landowners who would shoot someone, even if it doesn't seem likely, or normal for a "farming community". Also it has been conveyed that some landowners in the area denied access to their property for a proper search.

Yes I know the area well.i graduated from Lake View High in San Angelo. Yes, some people will shoot you for going onto their property, especially if they are doing something illegal on that property. I wouldn’t rule that out. At this point there isn’t much I would rule out.
I respectfully disagree that anyone else was on that 911 call. I hear Brandon first say yes.. then no, I need the cops. So as positive as you are that someone else is there on the tape, I’m just as positive it’s only Brandon.
I don’t hear gunshots like others say. You also have to remember this call was taken at a nursing home, at the nurses station and there would be other sounds that could be heard.
It seems like he just disappeared into thin air.
One last thought, if you are not familiar with an area, panicked, afraid... you could get disoriented very easily. He could have run hard into a place where he could not see lights from homes. Also he does say field and then woods. Could be panic setting in and not thinking clearly.

I just beginning my research on this, so i might get things wrong. One thing i noticed in the 911 tape.. is that he said he ran into someone, and that it wasn't his first time. i think someone picked him up and took him 10 minutes away, before Brandon got loose somehow and ran into some woods. i think that is when he was placing the 911 call.

I believe Brandon either had been involved with something illegal or saw something illegal & threatened to report it. Or possible was an informant on some active investigation.

I believe he was murdered, not by chance, and his body was picked up & moved elsewhere.

I think it was unexpected that the murderer (s) ran into him that night. I believe Brandon knew the murderer or knew of the murderer (s)

Just my theories.

Hi all I’m a first time poster. So here goes my thoughts:
I don’t think he ran away and started a new life. If that was his plan why call 911 he would’ve just left.

I don’t think that LE was involved, I think that they made assumptions about him in the beginning and never really investigated. And all that followed with the papers was trying to justify the inaction they took.

I find it hard to get behind the theory that he happened on someone’s property and they shot him and hide him. I’m not from small town TX but just feel like why would they hide it

I don’t think his family was involved. I think he relapsed so his fight wasn’t the norm with LL which was the reason he was going to dads. She never answered when he called because she was mad still. She now has to feel horrible because she didn’t. I think KL was trying to cover for him so He kept mum about the calls. I can’t imagine how he now feels knowing 20/20 that he would never speak to him again.

I don’t think he’s alone on the 911 call. Pretty sure the yeah/no switch is him but after the 911 operator says oh u ran into him there’s a couple words and then I thinkBL saying that’s the first guy. Also, pretty sure if he would’ve known who “they” were he would’ve said so.

The thing I’m hanging up on is the bleeding. I feel like that happened after the 911 call because he doesn’t want a ambulance he wants the police. I feel like for him to point it out to KL gf he had to be bleeding significantly not just a scratch. What made him bleed that bad? On a side note I don’t think he was shot, I don’t hear that on the call.

Welcome jzbgirl! I think you are spot on for the most part. Good post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back