What has ICA told the DT and what do they believe?

Thanks for posting this question. I'm really interested in what WSers think about it. We know that whatever Casey told Baez, in the beginning, would have to have been lies. She was in full-blown lying-her-azz-off mode. She would certainly not just have simply told the truth to Baez.

I think it is very interesting how quickly Baez slammed the door on the Anthonys, and has kept it closed all this time. I think whatever Casey told him somehow did involve her parents. There is no other reason that I can think of for that impenetrable wall to have been erected.

When she was released to home on bail, he told her not to talk to them about her case and kept her away from them as much as possible. Who ever heard of a client spending all day, every day hanging out at their lawyer's office?

It seemed to me that, from the moment he became her attorney, he inserted himself in between her and her family. They complained about it in the jail videos and voiced the distrust this engendered in all 3 of them.

Whatever she told him, within a few days, her focus became her "case", so quickly that her family seemed to find it hard to grasp the fact, let alone how quickly, it eclipsed the idea of finding Caylee.

Anyway, yeah, what did Casey tell him and what do the DT really think happened? And why did she shift her allegiance, so completely and suddenly, from her family to him? And why would any attorney so completely eschew the support of a client's family?

My personal opinion is that KC told the DT some accident story and how everything after that was her covering it up because she's terrified of her mother.

I have no evidence of that at all, it's just conjecture.

In CA's state deposition on July 29, 2009 CA stated that she had told Yuri that she heard ICA, on July 16, telling Tony that she had $14,000 in the bank. It's at the bottom of page 420.

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html

I'm trying to find where Tony told the LE this as well in one of his interviews.

Tony's interview with Detective White July 28th, 2008

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedfiles/Lazzaro, Anthony0728.pdf

page 19, line 10:

A Which baffled me you know. And the fact that she stole money from her friend too and I just like, bombarded with that information it was just too much. But ah, yeah I so I was asking her
(Inaudible)...her a little bit this morning I was like, if you had fifteen ..you had this fifteen thousand dollars in the bank account. You know in another bank account that you say you have.
Q Uh-huh (affirmative)
A Why would you need to take money from your friend's account? And she goes I needed for some kind of backup plan. I was like, what kind of backup plan you talking about? And she's
like, oh don't... I was like, I don't want to hear about no back plan. I don't want to hear anything that you have to say about stuff like that. And she's like, oh no nothing like that. I'm like, I
don't... just don't say anything about that I don't want to hear it.

What was always curious to me is KC's mention of a "backup plan". Tony didn't want to hear about that from her.

My Dad used to say that ALL of his clients proclaimed their innocence. But he relied upon his investigators to tell him the truth of the matter. And even if they were guilty, my Dad believed in their need for proper representation. He felt it was his duty to do his best to uphold our fair system of justice. As a matter of fact he once told me the most difficult and stressful cases for him were the ones where he knew his clients were truly innocent. That made him very anxious and worried because he felt their lives were in his hands. He felt that burden in those cases, other wise not so much.

That is why, imo, the DT will feel it is a 'win' for them if their client gets Life in prison instead of the DP.

Thanks for posting this question. I'm really interested in what WSers think about it. We know that whatever Casey told Baez, in the beginning, would have to have been lies. She was in full-blown lying-her-azz-off mode. She would certainly not just have simply told the truth to Baez.

I think it is very interesting how quickly Baez slammed the door on the Anthonys, and has kept it closed all this time. I think whatever Casey told him somehow did involve her parents. There is no other reason that I can think of for that impenetrable wall to have been erected.

When she was released to home on bail, he told her not to talk to them about her case and kept her away from them as much as possible. Who ever heard of a client spending all day, every day hanging out at their lawyer's office?

It seemed to me that, from the moment he became her attorney, he inserted himself in between her and her family. They complained about it in the jail videos and voiced the distrust this engendered in all 3 of them.

Whatever she told him, within a few days, her focus became her "case", so quickly that her family seemed to find it hard to grasp the fact, let alone how quickly, it eclipsed the idea of finding Caylee.

Anyway, yeah, what did Casey tell him and what do the DT really think happened? And why did she shift her allegiance, so completely and suddenly, from her family to him? And why would any attorney so completely eschew the support of a client's family?

Casey already had a poor relationship with Cindy and George. Baez would have no trouble separating Casey from her family and switching her allegiance to himself, her 'savior.'

Now Cindy and George need Baez, as he is the only person who can get to Casey. They are dependent on him to carry letters and messages, and dole out tidbits of 'inside' information.

This makes Baez important and necessary, which strokes his ego.

Divide and conquer.

Lambchop,
I brought this post of yours over from a closed thread:
"I thought SP had found out about the missing money in April because KC had used her March birthday money check to get funds out of her grandfather's account. CA wanted KC to work off what she stole from SP and SP said she did not want KC in her home. Smart woman. So I could be wrong but I thought this was found out in April and BOA restored the money to SP in May. This is why CA took Caylee alone on Father's Day because KC was not welcome in the grandmother's home. Too bad BOA did not press charges at that time. We could be looking at a different outcome. jmo"

IIRC, there were TWO incidents of theft. The first one is what you described. The second one is the one that Cindy found out about on Father's Day. Which is one reason she was so angry. Casey had already stolen from her invalid Grandfathers bank account previously. And then she has the nerve to do so AGAIN. I would have wrung her neck myself.

IIRC one of the first things she did was lie to JB about the state of her bank balance. I don't remember the exact sum, but she told him she had something in the region of 14K in the bank. Which coincidentally was how much her grandmother actually had in the bank at the time.

Interesting: do you have a link to discussion to this?

I am curious to how this got released: I very much doubt that JB released the info.

I JUST read this recently. I've been going over old stuff. I was shocked when I read it for the same reason...the bank account. Let me wrack my brains.

ETA: I found it!
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/2447571/George-Anthony-July-24-Interview-released-Nov-6-2008

Page 20. Although she said she had 1400 dollars, not 14000 or whatever SP had.

Casey already had a poor relationship with Cindy and George. Baez would have no trouble separating Casey from her family and switching her allegiance to himself, her 'savior.'

Now Cindy and George need Baez, as he is the only person who can get to Casey. They are dependent on him to carry letters and messages, and dole out tidbits of 'inside' information.

This makes Baez important and necessary, which strokes his ego.

Divide and conquer.

I think it's crazy that Cindy and George let Baez be the filter-- they should have simply written to her through the normal channels. KC wouldn't be able to resist for long, and I don't think it looks good in front of the jury, either. mo

eta: I think KC told Baez that she didn't do it, she was arrested on a whim, that she made up the nanny because she was trying to protect her dad. mo

Lambchop,
I brought this post of yours over from a closed thread:
"I thought SP had found out about the missing money in April because KC had used her March birthday money check to get funds out of her grandfather's account. CA wanted KC to work off what she stole from SP and SP said she did not want KC in her home. Smart woman. So I could be wrong but I thought this was found out in April and BOA restored the money to SP in May. This is why CA took Caylee alone on Father's Day because KC was not welcome in the grandmother's home. Too bad BOA did not press charges at that time. We could be looking at a different outcome. jmo"

IIRC, there were TWO incidents of theft. The first one is what you described. The second one is the one that Cindy found out about on Father's Day. Which is one reason she was so angry. Casey had already stolen from her invalid Grandfathers bank account previously. And then she has the nerve to do so AGAIN. I would have wrung her neck myself.

That is what I remember too. Sheeze, ICA must have done some sweet talking and fast, to JB to splain that doc dump :floorlaugh: She lied about the money she had for his retainer, how the devil did she explain syphoning off CAs bank account. Not once but even after CA closed one down and reopened another ICA tried to make a payment to ATT for her cell phone on the new one.

Me thinks at that point, JB was working on his ego not for DT. And continues to this date. Whether ICA came out and told JB she did it, he doesn't care about her. Only what this case will bring him.

LambChop, I think you are right.
Some defense lawyers do not want to know whether their client is guilty or not, and they tell the client that they are only there to ensure that they get a fair trial. Some will not represent anyone unless they believe they are innocent.
I think JB took this case because he recognized the potential for it to bring him a certain amount of fame. It may not have been as high-profile right then, but the case was already pretty well known, at least in FL, by the time he came on board.
I believe that they will try to say that Caylee's death was a horrible accident, that Casey did not intentionally kill her, but something happened and she found her dead. And I am not sure whether they will have to specify exactly what happened, or just make references to a tragic accident. I would think they need to be specific, but I don't know that much about trial law.
We will see. But for all intents and purposes, I believe Casey's defense team believes she is innocent. I could be wrong. Will Casey ever admit what happened? I doubt it.

Agree with the majority of what you have said so well, however I do think initially JB thought ICA was innocent and was quite taken with her initially in a flirty kind of a way, and because the case got huge very fast.

But I think when the baby's body was found - JB had an epiphany, despite any of ICA's denials. The relationship between those two has changed dramatically over the last two years and he almost never visits her in the jail. He sends everyone but himself.

I also think Ms Lyon(s) knew she was guilty, as clearly does CM. However neither one of those people believes in the death penalty.

I think Casey has told the men on the defense team how charming they are..Casey's "boys".....
And I believe the "Boys" believe her...

Otherwise, there is no telling what she has told them, or what they believe.

I think that ICA lied to JB about what actually happened. By stroke of luck, she managed to find an attorney as venal and soulless as she is, which meant they both look at this case as some kind of fun game.

JB knows what she did, so does the entire team. Instead of being somber and giving respect to the life of Caylee, they smile, smirk and play games with the court.

I do believe that ICA has great charm, which has helped her all her life. The DT is only one example of people she has played. Her luck during those 31 days was incredible, who has 2 friends go out of town and loan you their car? The DT is clearly enraptured with her and views her as a poor, helpless girl. I don't know of anyone who could murder their child and still have their DT team adore them, which they clearly do.

I think that is one reason so many people despise the DT, they do know the truth and would not lose one moment of sleep if ICA did not have to pay for her crime in this lifetime.

I believe ICA was afraid her family would tell JB too much information she wanted to keep hidden, because they were demanding to know where Caylee was and I think JB quickly found out the family did not like him, did not trust him, he saw those very revealing jail family visit videos and wanted to stop ICA from blurting out anything and most of all, he wanted to hang on to what he believed was going to be his cash cow and publicity maker.

And there you have another of my now famous run-on sentences....:blushing:

I just wonder how long it did take for ica to stop lying to Baez, if she finally did stop?

I think ICA has told JB everything. But what the truth of it all is still to be seen. I ask a defense attorney when all this got started if he wants his clients to tell him the truth. He said yes, cause then he can work around that for the defense. Defense attorneys do not like to be blind sided.

I just wonder how long it did take for ica to stop lying to Baez, if she finally did stop?

She will never stop. If she were to get the DP the day they would come for her she would swear they had the wrong person, that her name was Erin O'Brien and how did she get here. jmo

Just a theory - IMHO I think the DT is going to say ICA made up the z-t-n story in an effort to protect George - the one who really killed Caylee Marie Anthony. They may come up with some *advertiser censored*-a-bull story that George accidentally left the pool ladder on, and Caylee Marie was found passed. They then concocted a story for her to say (and him) that they both left that day. She then hides the body and tries to stay away from mummy.

Do you wonder why GA never made that many calls to ICA while she was on the lam?

It seems SO far fetched, but at this point I would put it past the DT.

MOO

Mel

Well, everyone but CM because he has as much said so publicly. lol jmo

Sorry Noob question here:

What did CM say?

I know he said something prior to the trial but don't know what. IIRC it was not particulary favourable to ICA

It would be in one of the first LE interviews with George.

Surely that would mean that JB had told GA really early on? That just doesn't sound right/make sense. IMHO

Sorry Noob question here:

What did CM say?

I know he said something prior to the trial but don't know what. IIRC it was not particulary favourable to ICA

I do not have his exact quote at this late hour but maybe someone has it so I'll wait to search. I did, however, bump up SP's statement to LE which is about 53 pages if you would like to read that. I was not able to find the information regarding reports on the A's and SP's bank accounts unless SP mentions it in her statement. But there is some good stuff in there from Shirley. You gotta love her. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back