What have we learned?

Well it's not likely to happen considering my age....but ya never know...Grandma would be a good cover...:p

Yeah.. same here... I'm fresh out of grandmas in law enforcement.

I have learned to appreciate my own family more during this case and the wise choices they have made during their lifetimes. "Pretty is as pretty does.", my grandmother used to say.

Ugh... I'm really sorry for the multiple posts... but this one got me.

I learned to appreciate my family more too. :)

I was in DC during Watergate and the one thing I noticed was the public response to "no information." DC at that time was a rumor factory run wild.
I laughingly said to my sister ,as we waited to get into the White House , "you know there is a tunnel from the Pres office to the treasury" Of course I thougth I made that up. Years later I heard some writer claimed the same thing. True or fiction,, I don't know.Those words whipped through the line like a wildfire. I am sure it was like a game of telephone. Anyway, I think that is what happens now with TV reporters.. they are so hungry for information and beating the next guy out of a good story that they will say anything without confirming it.
I had to laugh when I heard the Judge at this last hearing say " I don't want anything going on with this case the first week of March.. March madness.. it is sweeps week." Now that is one Judge who is on top of things.LOL His daughter is "in the business"

I am afraid the days of the Washington Journal and two reliable confirmations of a story are long gone. The people reporting on these crimes are not journalist.. just talking heads.

Hmmm... I think a large chunk was from a private donation. Another part of the reward comes from... Hmmm.. is it Kidfinders?

I think finding the child alive would be reward enough for me.

edit: Eek.. microchipping the kids seems a bit too Orwellian for me. JMO

the chip thing creeps me out as well. besides, kidnappers would just cut them out, which would only further endanger a child.

The GPS tracker would have to be something like cars have. I think it would be a great idea. No one could get away with taking a child because LE could track them right away. I don't think it would hurt for every person to have one. Look at the adults who come up missing and the teenagers. Place it in a place where it couldn't just be easily taken out.

I don't know. I kind of like my independence. I don't want our Federal Government to get any ideas. It reminds me of the Nazi's and the way they tatooed the Jews. Sorry but I like my freedom and this info could easily get into the wrong hands. No thanks.

What we have learned so far;
1. A five year old girl with Turner's syndrome is missing.
2. She was living in a manufactured home with her father, brother, and a 17 year old babysitter.
3. The babysitter has been caring for these children to the last4-6 months.
4. The babysitter and father are in an intimate relationship.
5. Haleigh went to school that day, like any other day.
6. The last person to see her besides the sitter is the paternal ggm.
7. A repairman was in the home alone at 5 pm the same day as Haleigh goes missing.
8. A cinderblock was placed to keep the back door/or screen door, not sure which, open.
9. If Couey had never been caught, and Jessica never found, the crimes would appear to be the same except for the cinderblock.
10. The cinderblock implies the child was carried out of the house.
11. Track dogs traced Haleigh to the railroad tracks. (Moo is this is being far too overlooked).
12. LE is now using cadaver dogs around house, since they hit on a dumpster within seeing distance of Haleigh's home.
13. Dad was at work, (I think LE has finally verified this?)
14. Unknown whether babysitter was home with children all evening or not, because
15. babysitter makes inconsistent statements to media.
16. Biomom received a contempt of court charge for nonpayment of child support the same day Haleigh disappears.
17. A RSO disappears not far from Haleigh's home 10 days prior to Haleigh's dissapearance, who has ties to the county, and has yet to be found.
18. A homemade chair is found in the woods near Haleigh's home that is recently made.
19. Many members of the families of dad, mom, and babysitter have criminal records, only one for child sexual offense and he is currently still in prison.

I'l like to know how to find out how many trains passed by that night from 7 pm to 3 am, and which direction they were going, and what cities they stopped in for 100 miles. I don't know how to find this info.

It seems we have reached a dead end in this case but that the family is still somewhat under suspicion. I wonder if they have been watching cell phone activity of Ronald, Misty, Crystal etc. it seems if there was a kidnapping the kidnapper would be making contact for ranson somehow??

Any thoughts??

Whoever took Haleigh wouldn't have taken her for money because it is obvious that Ron doesn't have any. She was probably taken for the same reason as most little girls are taken...oh I hate to even think that! It's just so hard to believe that a person of any age can just disappear without a trace. They say the person always leaves something behind at the crime scene. Did this person not leave anything behind?

It is hard to believe that someone could go into a home and take a little child without anyone hearing or seeing anything but look at the children it has happened to. Jessica Lunsford....her grandparents were right there in the next room sleeping and didn't hear a thing. Mark Klaas... his daughter was in the middle of the other girls...all sleeping at a slumber party. Elizabeth Smart was 14 yrs old and the creep came into her bedroom where her sister was also sleeping. I won't list them all but it happens and no one hears a thing.

I would still like to know what LE says about Misty either being in the home that night or not.

What we have learned so far;
1. A five year old girl with Turner's syndrome is missing.
2. She was living in a manufactured home with her father, brother, and a 17 year old babysitter.
3. The babysitter has been caring for these children to the last4-6 months.
4. The babysitter and father are in an intimate relationship.
5. Haleigh went to school that day, like any other day.
6. The last person to see her besides the sitter is the paternal ggm.
7. A repairman was in the home alone at 5 pm the same day as Haleigh goes missing.
8. A cinderblock was placed to keep the back door/or screen door, not sure which, open.
9. If Couey had never been caught, and Jessica never found, the crimes would appear to be the same except for the cinderblock.
10. The cinderblock implies the child was carried out of the house.
11. Track dogs traced Haleigh to the railroad tracks. (Moo is this is being far too overlooked).
12. LE is now using cadaver dogs around house, since they hit on a dumpster within seeing distance of Haleigh's home.
13. Dad was at work, (I think LE has finally verified this?)
14. Unknown whether babysitter was home with children all evening or not, because
15. babysitter makes inconsistent statements to media.
16. Biomom received a contempt of court charge for nonpayment of child support the same day Haleigh disappears.
17. A RSO disappears not far from Haleigh's home 10 days prior to Haleigh's dissapearance, who has ties to the county, and has yet to be found.
18. A homemade chair is found in the woods near Haleigh's home that is recently made.
19. Many members of the families of dad, mom, and babysitter have criminal records, only one for child sexual offense and he is currently still in prison.

I'l like to know how to find out how many trains passed by that night from 7 pm to 3 am, and which direction they were going, and what cities they stopped in for 100 miles. I don't know how to find this info.

Didn't the search dogs go to the river first? A few nights ago it ran threw my mind that the perp used a boat to get away. Just an idea. It would cut off their scent for the dogs.

One thing I have learned after seeing his trailer and car,he didn't have money.Drug dealers make alot of money and they don't work 3:00pm till 3:00am on a job as a crane operator.They usually don't work.There's nothing out in the yard,just a couple of little bikes.

All I've learned is that most of this child's caregivers have only two neurons in their brains and 1 synapse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I have learned is that in a middle class neighborhood where Caylee went missing and this trailer park where Hagleigh disappeared the disappearance of a little girl occurred. It seems that we are scraping the surface when it comes to information; the families involved remind me of the Hatfields and McCoys. The Anthonys seem to be able to handle the media better than Haighleys family but the Anthonys are good at manipulation.
I do hope LE has lots of information that they are keeping close to the vest - God I hope so. I keep hoping that there'll be a break soon.

Bio mom
1. ***********
2. She owes $4000 in back child support. Contempt was filed days before Haleigh went missing. If she can not make this payment, she will go to jail. She has no job.
3. She has a new life, new baby, new fiance. Her previous children were a financial burden. Non custodial parents hate paying child support.
4. She shows no tears, like she knows Haleigh is safe.
5. She was court ordered into Rehab during custody hearings.
6. She conveniently had a doctors appointment when DNA was requested.
7. She has been spreading malicious rumors about the bio father.
8. She is bitter; yet, composed.
9. She knows a lot of Ron's and Misty's habits and schedule, probably by asking her children.
10. Perhaps she hopes Ron will lose custody after all of this.

- don't move to Satsuma...
-there are a lot of huge tents in Satsuma but no good hotels
-don't throw bandaids in the dumpster
-keep my dog so if a stranger comes in my house we'll have a DNA sample...
-don't trust a broke drug dealer...
-watch what you say and do on the web...
-keep a press statement prepared to explain anything i've done in the past...
17 yr olds can smoke they just can't buy them...
don't answer the door if its GR or CR or let them get near my kid with a bag of chips (I'll be toast)...
-beware of the butterfly...

i've also learned to stay on topic and where to go if I need some good "sleuther's"

Bio mom
1.*****************
2. She owes $4000 in back child support. Contempt was filed days before Haleigh went missing. If she can not make this payment, she will go to jail. She has no job.
3. She has a new life, new baby, new fiance. Her previous children were a financial burden. Non custodial parents hate paying child support.
4. She shows no tears, like she knows Haleigh is safe.
5. She was court ordered into Rehab during custody hearings.
6. She conveniently had a doctors appointment when DNA was requested.
7. She has been spreading malicious rumors about the bio father.
8. She is bitter; yet, composed.
9. She knows a lot of Ron's and Misty's habits and schedule, probably by asking her children.
10. Perhaps she hopes Ron will lose custody after all of this.

Good points! Are # 1 and 5 proven? I hadn't heard the rehab thing before! And the insurance... do you know for sure? If the insurance stuff is true, I'm going to change my position about her being involved!

I have learned in case after case after case...each one is different, but the elements remain basically the same. Greed, revenge, jealousy, lust, rage, or indifference appear to be a constant thread to tie them together. Class has no affect on the constant and horrid things can be done by people who others would not suspect. Still...they are all scum when the truth comes out and the light dawns on their deeds.

11. crystal has profitted from GR interviews.
12. Crystal was not upset when LE was searching the dumpster.
13. She has very few pictures of Haleigh and JR on her myspace.
14. She refers to them as "brats" on her myspace.
15. She took 7 hours to drive 90 miles to Satsuma.
16. Her fiancee is her step brother.

11. crystal has profitted from GR interviews.
12. Crystal was not upset when LE was searching the dumpster.
13. She has very few pictures of Haleigh and JR on her myspace.
14. She refers to them as "brats" on her myspace.
15. She took 7 hours to drive 90 miles to Satsuma.
16. Her fiancee is her step brother.

welcome!

Do we have proof that it took CS 7 hours to drive 90 miles!
and her baby was missing???? I can go to my cottage (90 miles)
in 1.5 to 2 hours with traffic...............what's up with that????

1. I have learned that nothing is as it seems.
2. No matter what I think I know, something can come out to dispel it.
3. I can't judge without all the facts, and sometimes they never come to light.
4. LE knows what they are doing, they have been doing it longer than me sleuthing.
5. Parents may want to try to work out better arrangements for the children instead of getting even or child support, because in the end; you may not have a lot of time with your kids, we don't know what is around the corner or in a house that could take them from you.
6. Some times being in the right, doesn't matter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back