What I Had To Do To Get To New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Satch here! New forum is AWESOME! Thank you to all who made this possible! Listen, want to let you know some things about the forum:

1.) When I went to my old bookmark for the forum, I got an error.
2.) I clicked "Home" (First tab in far left corner of orange bar.)
3.) I logged in on the right side
4.) Log in worked!
5.) I updated my bookmark for the site.

Satch

Hey Guys!

Satch here! New forum is AWESOME! Thank you to all who made this possible! Listen, want to let you know some things about the forum:

4.) Log in worked!

Satch

Glad you made it Satch! We’re all over here....

Welcome To Websleuths

Hello new websleuths, just got in to my account and trying to figure out how it works. (This is a test post.)
One thing i noticed was i was not following a hundred members accounts anymore. Must have to start again finding all those? Test123 - TiA !

This sight is great! I am so excited to start exploring

Hey Guys!

4.) Log in worked!

Satch

Hello new websleuths, just got in to my account and trying to figure out how it works. (This is a test post.)
One thing i noticed was i was not following a hundred members accounts anymore. Must have to start again finding all those? Test123 - TiA !

My list showed up today. Maybe there’s a delay. :)

FYI- I accepted the cookie use policy. Forgot to say that in my first thread. I just logged in now on my laptop that runs Windows 8.1 doing what I said above in my first post. A Privacy/Terms of Service Agreement has been added. This is helpful.

Satch

Is anyone else having an issue searching? Every search I do says nothing was found. And I'm having a hard time finding threads I had marked in tapatalk previously. Thanks.

Is anyone else having an issue searching? Every search I do says nothing was found. And I'm having a hard time finding threads I had marked in tapatalk previously. Thanks.

Specifically I can't find the forum that has the posts about the Golden state killer? And searching that term or his name brings up no results. Thanks!!

Specifically I can't find the forum that has the posts about the Golden state killer? And searching that term or his name brings up no results. Thanks!!

Please see this post from WS Admin

I am going to be refreshing the search database. What this means is that when I start it there will be absolutely nothing in search. As it progresses more and more will populate until it is complete.

starting now.

I am pretty bummed out about losing Tapatalk. For those of us that use our phones this is a death sentence. Navigating Websleuths on this new software is cumbersome at best onmy phone I'm sorry and sad to say it. I'm happy for you all who use your desktops and will enjoy this new configuration. For me, Its very difficult to use.

Meeeh, those smiles....! they suck!

The emoticons at the old WS were the absolute best. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of them???

: confused: :gaah:

now click 'more options' then choose 'preview' then 'preview', maybe 'correct' and so on. :runforthehills:

An urgent question about privacy. IMHO the Jury Room is a private forum, members-only and not visible to non-members. Yet it seems that it is now possibly to share those pages on twitter and FB? For all the world to see?

IMHO there should have been a warning that this was about to happen so ppl could delete sensitive posts. :notgood:

Meeeh, those smiles....! they suck!

The emoticons at the old WS were the absolute best. Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of them???

: confused: :gaah:

now click 'more options' then choose 'preview' then 'preview', maybe 'correct' and so on. :runforthehills:

Tricia said they will be looking at getting more smilies, once other things have settled down.

Tricia said they will be looking at getting more smilies, once other things have settled down.

That would be so great. I hope we get our own back. I loved the little figure with his blanket : offtobed: the pilllowfights and the :doorhide:

An urgent question about privacy. IMHO the Jury Room is a private forum, members-only and not visible to non-members. Yet it seems that it is now possibly to share those pages on twitter and FB? For all the world to see?

IMHO there should have been a warning that this was about to happen so ppl could delete sensitive posts. :notgood:

Good Grief if you are right, this is an urgent need to be fixed. @Tricia

Good Grief if you are right, this is an urgent need to be fixed. @Tricia

I CAN tweet it. Cannot test if outside readers have access to the page because I log on automatically. But even if they do not, this is not right.

Another question: I am a member of a different forum that also uses this format. Their email notifications are not simple notifications, they contain the text and the links of the entire posting as well. This is what you sign up for, so I have no problem with that. At WS however, this would be a different matter. And a big change, if so. Are postings on WS and the Jury Room also being exported to third parties by means of notifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member