What I Had To Do To Get To New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye
I am pretty bummed out about losing Tapatalk. For those of us that use our phones this is a death sentence. Navigating Websleuths on this new software is cumbersome at best onmy phone I'm sorry and sad to say it. I'm happy for you all who use your desktops and will enjoy this new configuration. For me, Its very difficult to use.
Yes agreed . Im lost without tapatalk at this stage . Its a major handicap imo and i havent been reading or posting on WS since the changeover. ( Im using a little j3 Samsung 100% )

So...no more taptalk? I used it to keep up with activity in the cases I follow. Is there anyway to do that here?

No Tapatalk.

Yes, the new website will work great no matter what device you are on. It will just resize itself. For your subscribed threads, hit "Watched Threads" along the top.

No Tapatalk.

Yes, the new website will work great no matter what device you are on. It will just resize itself. For your subscribed threads, hit "Watched Threads" along the top.

Hi Ana, are watched threads the replacement for subscribed threads? TIA

Since other folks are mentioning problems here i will too... I want to change my avatar, this one doesn't fit well but I cannot delete it, won't let me remove and to replace it the file I want to use is 8kb but it says it's too big. help...lol

on a minor note it says I have no "likes received" but if you got to my profile there's over a 100 pages of them

lastly the site looks amazing, that took a lot of work to pull off, admins should be proud

An urgent question about privacy. IMHO the Jury Room is a private forum, members-only and not visible to non-members. Yet it seems that it is now possibly to share those pages on twitter and FB? For all the world to see?

IMHO there should have been a warning that this was about to happen so ppl could delete sensitive posts. :notgood:

Can’t we only delete posts up until a certain time after initially posting? Maybe an hour or so? Or has that changed on the new platform? I think it’d be great to be able to delete/edit posts for a far longer time than we have previously been able to on the old platform.

The move to this new forum showed me two old private messages I had not seen before. Two diff people & both former members. Weird.

What does former member mean? I noticed someone who used to be one of the threads I follow is now a former member but they were commenting within the past 6 months or so.

While I totally understand why... one of the downsides to me is that we can’t delete our accounts/delete posts/edit posts after a certain time frame. Sometimes we share our personal experiences in the heat of the moment and wish to edit ourselves at a later time.

What does former member mean? I noticed someone who used to be one of the threads I follow is now a former member but they were commenting within the past 6 months or so.

While I totally understand why... one of the downsides to me is that we can’t delete our accounts/delete posts/edit posts after a certain time frame. Sometimes we share our personal experiences in the heat of the moment and wish to edit ourselves at a later time.

I am of the impression that former members means they have been removed from WS.

Does anyone know how to delete conversations? I can select but Delete is on an opinion. Thanks

Yes. I just did this with a bunch about an hour ago and wondered the same thing, but trial and error prevailed! Select all the ones you want to delete and then click "Leave Conversation". A box will pop up asking if you want to be notified of any new messages in the conversations you are leaving or not. I said yes I would. Clicked confirm or whatever it is to complete it and then the conversations were deleted. But should any new messages be sent there, I will be told again and the conversation will reappear in my conversation list.

I am pretty bummed out about losing Tapatalk. For those of us that use our phones this is a death sentence. Navigating Websleuths on this new software is cumbersome at best onmy phone I'm sorry and sad to say it. I'm happy for you all who use your desktops and will enjoy this new configuration. For me, Its very difficult to use.

I agree... Tapatalk was so easy to use with a phone/tablet. Doing my best to get used to the new format. I know it will be easier as I use it though. I wonder how many members used Tapatalk vs laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven