What I really don't get is...

I agree with you 99%, GK! I don't suspect JMB any longer (although I did briefly after watching PL2, until I realized that I was doing the same thing to him that the State did to D, J and J). Furthermore, I would love to hear your theory. I posted mine quite some time ago on this forum. I believe it is called "My Theory." If you're interested and can't find it, I'll see if I can provide a link. Please start a new thread and elucidate your theory! It will give us all something new to discuss.

Thanks for the response, CR. I am going to look and see about finding your theory, I'm curious to see what your thought process is. Mine seems to be looney, as I said, but it shows that I am willing to look at any and everyone in various ways. I will consider a thread, but don't be disappointed if I consider it to be rather lunatic fringe once I've got it down and read it for myself first!

I at some point am going to start a thread for my Cousin who was murdered in WM, it was about 10 years before this happened and I have been questioning family, I am more than convinced than ever that they pretty much have a bad case of Barnyfifeism mixed with arrogance, and a touch of underhanded kickbackness :( ....and when I get this started we will see yet another bungled investigation.

Very interesting, sloane7777. I used to work out of the Schneider terminal in West Memphis, and have driven past and through that area many times, and even eaten at the Bojangles there. I used the BB truck wash, stayed at a motel in Marion, and know the area well enough to have developed a lunatic's theory of what went down that awful night. Like I told Compassionate Reader, it's one that makes Pluto seem close to down to earth by comparison! I would like to express my condolences on the loss of your cousin, and would be interested in reading about it.

sloane, do please link your thread here so we can find it easily, when you make it? I would be happy to take a look. Condolences on your family's loss.

GK, I'd love to hear your theory. I too am not sold on any one theory, there's just too many possible suspects that were not investigated properly (including Echols!). I hold the (unpopular, but imo feasible) idea that JMB is still a viable suspect, as is ofc Hobbs, and particularly Martin. I was so happy to see Maria's case solved.. after 50 years! Indeed, there's no such thing as too late, if there's a shred of evidence leading to the real killer left, and police dedicated enough to make the case. Hard to do, with a police dept up to its neck in crime, but time and changing of the guard can help there too.

thanks Guys, Goblin - my hubby Grew up a block from schneider right around the corner north :) cousins name was Fred New Jr. When I get time and Figure out how I will start one and link it !

sloane, do please link your thread here so we can find it easily, when you make it? I would be happy to take a look. Condolences on your family's loss.

GK, I'd love to hear your theory. I too am not sold on any one theory, there's just too many possible suspects that were not investigated properly (including Echols!). I hold the (unpopular, but imo feasible) idea that JMB is still a viable suspect, as is ofc Hobbs, and particularly Martin. I was so happy to see Maria's case solved.. after 50 years! Indeed, there's no such thing as too late, if there's a shred of evidence leading to the real killer left, and police dedicated enough to make the case. Hard to do, with a police dept up to its neck in crime, but time and changing of the guard can help there too.

Ausgirl, thanks for the post. Like you, I believe that there is definitely more than one perpetrator, although the degrees of willingness or unwillingness is debatable. As I mentioned to Compassionate Reader, I have fleshed out the basics of my lunacy, and wonder if I should start a thread to ask for help in fixing it, or if there is some way to send it to you privately so you can let me know where I'm wrong and how to fix it. TIA for your kind words, and for the knowledge that I am not alone in considering there is more than one criminal (and I think some of the police officials were in on it, as well)! And now, back to our originally scheduled programming.

Ausgirl, thanks for the post. Like you, I believe that there is definitely more than one perpetrator, although the degrees of willingness or unwillingness is debatable. As I mentioned to Compassionate Reader, I have fleshed out the basics of my lunacy, and wonder if I should start a thread to ask for help in fixing it, or if there is some way to send it to you privately so you can let me know where I'm wrong and how to fix it. TIA for your kind words, and for the knowledge that I am not alone in considering there is more than one criminal (and I think some of the police officials were in on it, as well)! And now, back to our originally scheduled programming.

Possibly crossed our wires a bit there - I wasn't proposing all potential suspects listed were linked, but I also wouldnt see anything wrong with an argument for multiple perps/police collusion (seeing as how a good many of the cops named in this case were proven corrupt, who were present at the initial investigation, and had personal dealings...etc ). I personally a suspect a tangled web influenced this case in *some* regard, the whole things smells to high heaven.

I think you should just post your theory, GK. I'm sure it isn't as wacky as you think it is, hehe, and I am also sure you'll get some mature responses.

thanks Guys, Goblin - my hubby Grew up a block from schneider right around the corner north :) cousins name was Fred New Jr. When I get time and Figure out how I will start one and link it !

I know that area, sloane7777, used to drive around to see the area when I was in town. I remember reading about the murders when I was on a layover at the 76 truck stop and thinking it might have been a trucker. Some of us knew even then that there were bad truckers, but when you don't have any evidence, you keep your mouth shut and eyes open. Word gets around, and makes it harder, although they get sneakier. I remember when they arrested the three boys, and thought maybe they had found the right ones. However, after the years and some serious study, I began to doubt. Then it got so I could see both sides (Damien seemed to be his own worst enemy at times), and now I'm neither a non-supporter nor a supporter, although I do lean in the direction of supporter due to the nature of the evidence in its totality. I would like to read your thread about your cousin when it's ready! Please do consider it seriously. The number of true sleuths on this site is impressive, and maybe someone might see something that LE didn't.

Possibly crossed our wires a bit there - I wasn't proposing all potential suspects listed were linked, but I also wouldnt see anything wrong with an argument for multiple perps/police collusion (seeing as how a good many of the cops named in this case were proven corrupt, who were present at the initial investigation, and had personal dealings...etc ). I personally a suspect a tangled web influenced this case in *some* regard, the whole things smells to high heaven.

I think you should just post your theory, GK. I'm sure it isn't as wacky as you think it is, hehe, and I am also sure you'll get some mature responses.

Okay, Ausgirl, I have posted that way out theory, and I hope all of you will be able to help me refine it and maybe get something that is usable and perhaps a bit more coherent than what has been put forward by the WMPD. (Sorry, CR, but I still respect LE enough to capitalize...) I am not proposing linking all potential suspects, but do believe there has been interaction, however unwittingly, by some of them. In other words, perhaps a suspect saw them walking about the same Narlene Hollingsworth did, and they were also sighted by a police patrol. That would put them near the crime scene, but never at it. At the same time, perhaps a step parent or two were involved, one willingly and the other not so willingly, but was forced to help or face exposure on some count or another. Like I said, it's crazy, but it's mine... Hope you can read it and help me out Ausgirl!

... how there are still people who cannot see that the original investigation and trials were incredibly flawed, therefore the WM3 did not get a fair trial and, really, had no hope of one.

The question of guilt is another thing -- they very well may be guilty, so I get why there's room for argument there. I really do. No worries there.

But... the corruption, the obvious railroading, the tainted jury...

Injustice happened. Arkansas took a sleazy way out of admitting it, via Alford. Now the WM3 are free. The end. What is the --point-- of abject denial of this, when it actually has little to do with the matter of guilt or innocence?

I believe the Memphis Three are guilty but I agree concerning the trial. A retrial was needed but Arkansas waited until it was too late and then escaped by using that horrible plea. I believe they robbed those three boys of real justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back