What information would you like to access?

PugLife2000

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new to this particular site, but have been fascinated by the LISK case for a decade. Now that I'm living on Long Island and going to school here, I'm hoping I can get more involved in helping the websleuth/Reddit community, since I know that so much investigation these days is being done by citizens like you (and me!).

I'm studying to be an archivist and am currently doing a fellowship where I am helping to digitize documents for local historical societies on LI. I am also taking a Digital Preservation course where I am going to be designing a project for the Internet Archive that I'm hoping can focus around collecting archived web pages for this investigation.

So, I'm turning to those of you who have been active much longer than I have: tell me what would be most helpful to you?

• What dead websites would you like to see actively archived for research purposes?

• Would there be date ranges of Craigslist/Backpage ads that would be helpful to capture?

• Are there news articles that have been lost that you would like to see found again?

• Are there any discussion threads, Wikipedia entries, etc. that have disappeared that contained valuable information?

• What information is currently not digitally available that you would like to see accessible to those outside of LI?
You can either post your response here, or feel free to DM me.

Thank you!

Pug Life,
Welcome and thank you for the generous offer.

Would it be possible to locate the Craiglist/Backpage ads the deceased women had posted six months prior to the end of their postings.

I feel maybe there was something in their ads that might have attracted the LISK to them. Possibility some commonality, in words or phrasing. Who knows what the trigger was for them to de selected.

Yes, I'm wondering that myself. Can anybody help me with possible date ranges? And I'm assuming the ads would have been in the NYC/Long Island pages.

Yes, I'm wondering that myself. Can anybody help me with possible date ranges? And I'm assuming the ads would have been in the NYC/Long Island pages.

PugLife, thanks for this offer, I'm sure there are many of us who are interested in viewing older digital content related to this case. The ADs specifically as they pre-date the murders, are of particular interest to myself.

As WINDSOR mentioned, seeing the ads may offer insight into what criteria LISK uses when looking for victims. Though there has been rampant speculation that LISK must have built rapport with the Gilgo Beach 4, (specifically Amber Lynn Costello & Megan Waterman to get her to leave her phone at home) I'd be interested in seeing the last post made by each of the victims.

Furthermore, it would be interesting to compile their listings leading up to their disappearance if the aforementioned theory (building rapport/gaining trust) is true. If LISK was initially drawn to a certain attribute or verbiage, did established contact and had their phone numbers, than the more recent listings may not be as relevant as it is well documented within this underworld that sex workers will often change appearance and their pitch for a number of reasons.

In Lost Girls on Page 139, it says Megan Waterman posted as "Lexi" and you'd be looking for the following dates and descriptions on Craigslist:

• May 13th 2009 NEW IN TOWN- MODEL TYPE (posted in Suffolk County)
  • June 16th 2009 SWEET SEXY AND SEDUCTIVE
  • June 23rd 2009 CHERRY BLOSSUM BEAUTY
  • September 2nd 2009 as "Tiffany" I'M A HOTT NEW SUPER CUTE GIRL IN TOWN
  • June 5th 2010 as "Lexi"again - Jump Into A World Like No Other - Please no blocked calls or text messages

It is worth noting she got bagged in a sting on October 19th 2009 in Nassau County which may have gotten her to switch up the game plan (ie: Back to Suffolk as "Lexi", Specifically asking for no blocked numbers) or this could have just been her gaining experience in the industry.

The book Lost Girls has lots of information but given the specificity of the ads Megan posted I figured this is a good starting point for you. For what it's worth they mention Shannan posting as "Angelina" but don't mention what region the ads were in. We also know who the last John to contact her is, so it is not shrouded in mystery, however it would still be interesting to see the AD's.

IMHO the criteria was mostly based on physique and I don't think the verbiage had much to do with victim selection. Not a ground breaking idea by any means. It may have also been a numbers game for LISK, after all he persuaded Amber & Megan to leave phones behind so I feel there was a fair amount of outreach and recon into identifying potential victims based on how much he could influence them.

The or
Hello!

I'm new to this particular site, but have been fascinated by the LISK case for a decade. Now that I'm living on Long Island and going to school here, I'm hoping I can get more involved in helping the websleuth/Reddit community, since I know that so much investigation these days is being done by citizens like you (and me!).

I'm studying to be an archivist and am currently doing a fellowship where I am helping to digitize documents for local historical societies on LI. I am also taking a Digital Preservation course where I am going to be designing a project for the Internet Archive that I'm hoping can focus around collecting archived web pages for this investigation.

So, I'm turning to those of you who have been active much longer than I have: tell me what would be most helpful to you?

• What dead websites would you like to see actively archived for research purposes?

• Would there be date ranges of Craigslist/Backpage ads that would be helpful to capture?

• Are there news articles that have been lost that you would like to see found again?

• Are there any discussion threads, Wikipedia entries, etc. that have disappeared that contained valuable information?

• What information is currently not digitally available that you would like to see accessible to those outside of LI?
You can either post your response here, or feel free to DM me.

Thank you!
igial

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88