Votes: 15 3.6%
  • Posturing for the Benefit of the Cameras

Votes: 254 61.5%
  • Reading Depositions Related to the Case

Votes: 35 8.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 109 26.4%

• Total voters
This is your one warning. We don't bash and I sure am seeing tons of it in this thread that had to be removed.

If you want to discuss what is going on at that table as far as what Casey is doing I'm OK with that. If I have to continue to remove or other moderators have to continue to remove jokes, poking fun or bashing the defendant the thread goes.

We have so much to talk about no moderator should have to step in and warn about this stuff. :(

I missed most of the trial today, but was Casey actually on a laptop ? I don't recall her ever being able to do this before. I don't think I have ever seen a defendant using a computer during court.

OK, I'll bite! I think that KC thinks as long as she pretends to be busy then she doesn't have to face the jurors....or either the DT looked at the go-to-you know where looks she's been giving everybody & figured it would be better for the case.???

Yes could be. She gets very nervous when the jurors enter the courtroom. And she is always the first to slam her butt into the chair.

Sorry grandmaj....I think we all just needed to let off a little steam.

I think ICA just fills the role of whatever lays before her. She's an actress through and through. I've heard it said it's very very hard for most people to pretend to be anything they are not - but very very easy for sociopaths. JMO of course! :innocent:

I think this is all she has ever done in the presence of others. Pretend. Very rare are the moments the real ICA shows through. Unfortunately I believe Caylee saw the most.

I think that she sits there daydreaming about what she's going to do and where she'll live and the husband she'll get, plan their wedding, have new kids.....when the not guilty verdict comes down.

I don't think for one second that KC is not so deluded that she thinks that she will never step outside of a prison for the rest of her life.

Thank goodness that reality bites! She's at the residence she'll be living at for the rest of her life.

One could hope she's writing a long really truly true confession...

I don't know what the hell she is doing, but I am sick of it. Why are they allowing her what appears to be computer access? Someone needs to complain to the OCSO! Pronto!

:gavel:

I think she's happily living out her own soap opera through this trial. No need for fantasy people anymore. There's real people with real names and occupations- detectives, CSI's, chemists and lots of draaaaama....and she is at the centre of it all. It's her moment. She is the leading star and director rolled into one......And she loves it.

JMO

I don't know what the hell she is doing, but I am sick of it. Why are they allowing her what appears to be computer access? Someone needs to complain to the OCSO! Pronto!

:gavel:

Me too, I'm actually surprised that she has as much "freedom" as she does in the courtroom. Maybe someone needs to inquire from the powers that be??

She appears to be giving the officer on stand daggers.

ITA!

I do think for the most part ICA postures for the sake of the jurors. However I do think that she throws questions that she'd like to be asked of witnesses. There are times that it rings a bell when JB is questioning and I know it came from ICA!

I've noticed that she does that to not only LDB but also JA. I have also noticed the undeniable anger, and rage building when their objections are denied, especially where it pertains to evidence related to the "death smell."

I think it finally dawned on someone at the defense table that it looked really bad for Casey to be basically glowering and pouting in the first few days of trial. So they gave her a computer, and some files and a few binders for her to look through--to keep her looking busy. I suppose it could be called posturing.

Surely, there are some constraints on what she can access on that computer? Surely...?

I would like to vote "all of the above" because I believe she is pretending, actually "working" and also reading. It is all an effort to blend in "positively". Remember how she fooled so many people into thinking that she is a good mother? Now she's a good defense team member. Later, when she is in the clink full time, she will find out what is rewarded and she'll do that.

Me too, I'm actually surprised that she has as much "freedom" as she does in the courtroom. Maybe someone needs to inquire from the powers that be??

I don't worry about this, it's her last hurrah, her last significant public outing. I used to think the same when I looked at Scott Peterson sitting in court in his nice suit, acting debonair. And I'm glad she's using a computer, it will remind her of how much she liked them back when she had a real life, before it was 'taken away from her' by herself, and she can see how much technology has improved in 3 years, and then when it's over she can go back to long days in a cell with pen and paper, and no cameras, and parents who have dared to look into the abyss and know who she is.

:waitasec: "PRETENDING"

ICA is "pretending" that she IS "important" while she sits at the DT ...

ICA is "pretending" to be "something" that she is NOT ... she still does NOT believe she is the "defendant" in her own trial ... "WHO ME" ??

Just like she "pretended" to have a "Nanny" for her daughter ...
Just like she "pretended" to go to work as an "Event Coordinator for Universal Studios" ...
Just like she "pretended" ... the list goes on and on and on ...

:cow:
Great post! IMO, she's also getting off on her meds.

ITA!

I do think for the most part ICA postures for the sake of the jurors. However I do think that she throws questions that she'd like to be asked of witnesses. There are times that it rings a bell when JB is questioning and I know it came from ICAH!

I've noticed that she does that to not only LDB but also JA. I have also noticed the undeniable anger, and rage building when their objections are denied, especially where it pertains to evidence related to the "death smell."

BBM... IMO, this was particularly obvious when her old friends were being questioned.

BBM... IMO, this was particularly obvious when her old friends were being questioned.

Yes, like when he asked the one girl if she was 'jealous' of Casey...lol Puh-lease. Only Casey herself would have thought to ask such a silly question.

She is really getting away with a lot. Any other defendant has to get up and leave the minute the judge says recess! And for her to be whispering and clawing through papers while witnesses testify is so disrespectful. As far as the laptop, I don't know for sure if she's using it although I did see her doing something with a cell phone in her lap during jury selection.

I think it finally dawned on someone at the defense table that it looked really bad for Casey to be basically glowering and pouting in the first few days of trial. So they gave her a computer, and some files and a few binders for her to look through--to keep her looking busy. I suppose it could be called posturing.

Surely, there are some constraints on what she can access on that computer? Surely...?

Possibly a "suggestion" went out from the "p.r. coordinator/image consultant" of the DT to "occupy her" and improve her image in front of the jurors and the general public.

Who do you think the p.r. person is?

Whatever his limitations, I seriously doubt Baez goes into court without a cross-examination script prepared; ICA may write a question or two for him (which he may or may not use), but I doubt he is waiting on her to prepare most of his questions.

At the same time, when Baez needed the dog handler's training manual today, it was ICA who handed it to him. So she is following what is going on and helping in some small way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back