What Is the Defense Strategy #2

How? Are you saying that the defense might try to blame Roy Kronk for the murder since he knew where the body was? If this is true, I cannot imagine Kronk putting himself out there for exposure by claiming to find the body. Just for the reward? Its too risky.

I don't think the DT would blame him for the murder, necessarily. They may just use Kronk's (multiple) spotting of the body, w/ LE not confirming, to create suspicion that the body was placed there by someone else, when Casey was in jail.

I've just resigned myself to the fact ICA did in fact cause aggravated child abuse, neglect, etc. towards Caylee, no way around that one no matter how hard one tries to say differently with claims of other abuse. The duct tape information will come out, just have to wait on all of this. In three days the justice starts rolling. Caylee will have a chance to speak loud and clear.

OK, HOW ABOUT THIS. Casey needed money, so she hatched a kidnap plot to get money from GA ad CA. She was taking pictures of Caylee with duct tape and got so involved that she let Caylee die. She panicked and tried to still follow the plot, but this time Caylee would not come home.

And where are the pictures, phone, camera....? Wouldn't they still be there and wouldn't SA have found them by now? jmo

How? Are you saying that the defense might try to blame Roy Kronk for the murder since he knew where the body was? If this is true, I cannot imagine Kronk putting himself out there for exposure by claiming to find the body. Just for the reward? Its too risky.

I believe the reward was for a live child. This is pretty true of most rewards. Once a child is found dead that money becomes meaningless. Unless the reward specifically states reward for information leading to the child or her body I think they pretty much want a live child back for that kind of money. So as far as RK doing it for the reward, I think the chapter is closed on that book. jmo

I believe the reward was for a live child. This is pretty true of most rewards. Once a child is found dead that money becomes meaningless. Unless the reward specifically states reward for information leading to the child or her body I think they pretty much want a live child back for that kind of money. So as far as RK doing it for the reward, I think the chapter is closed on that book. jmo

I got the idea there was a reward for a dead child because I think I read somewhere a friend of Roy's told LE that Roy had said that "he's going to get the money" or something along those lines before the police came. Perhaps this guy was lying, but you never know.

I got the idea there was a reward for a dead child because I think I read somewhere a friend of Roy's told LE that Roy had said that "he's going to get the money" or something along those lines before the police came. Perhaps this guy was lying, but you never know.

I thought I remembered that, too. But the reward was withdrawn I think after 3 months, somewhere around that time. And if RK thought the reward was valid in August you would think he would have gone back on his own and searched even longer to make sure of what he thinks he saw. It is so hard to figure what was actually said and what was reported at the time because DT made him a suspect and the rumors started flying. Either way the policy of the city is an employee cannot accept a reward and he was aware of that along with the others who were working with him at the time. jmo

I thought I remembered that, too. But the reward was withdrawn I think after 3 months, somewhere around that time. And if RK thought the reward was valid in August you would think he would have gone back on his own and searched even longer to make sure of what he thinks he saw. It is so hard to figure what was actually said and what was reported at the time because DT made him a suspect and the rumors started flying. Either way the policy of the city is an employee cannot accept a reward and he was aware of that along with the others who were working with him at the time. jmo

I remember thinking why did RK not go back and look again after he saw the skull in the first place....I mean the next few days in particular. Especially after calling the police. That was the one thing that seemed strange. Did he ever say he went back before he found the skull in December?

I remember thinking why did RK not go back and look again after he saw the skull in the first place....I mean the next few days in particular. Especially after calling the police. That was the one thing that seemed strange. Did he ever say he went back before he found the skull in December?

He said he did not go back and was reassigned somewhere else until December. Maybe he did not want to get into trouble with the police because Ofc Cain would have discouraged me with the way he talked to RK when he was trying to point out the bag in the water. Imagine if Ofc Cain had just done his job this trial would have been over long ago. jmo

I will state again that I do not think the DT even has a real strategy. They will be too busy trying to minimize the onslaught of evidence thrown at them. Additionally, I do not think the DT is prepared for this case.

I hope I can make the following comments on this thread:

The DT has made all of this about ICA (and themselves). I do not think they have done her a service by making her feel she is so important and to not worry.

When the trial starts on Tuesday, ICA will be in for a very rude awakening, IMO. It will finally dawn on her that this trial is really about Little Caylee, her murder, and her mother having alledgedly murdered her. ICA will hear all of the ugly, morbid facts and will not be able to handle it OR 'make them stop'. I really do think we will see a different and afraid ICA on Tuesday.

ICA will be in a very large courtroom as opposed to the small ones she is accustomed to so far. I don't know about CM, but Baez will almost certainly be intimidated. The SA's will be calm, cool, and assured.

I believe that the only thing the DT has done for strategy is plan their opening statement very well. They will promise to prove things we will never see proven, IMO. After that, they will literally be reactionary. The DT will try to impeach each and every prosecution witness and will fail.

I think at this point the DT is just trying to save ICA from the Death Penalty.

I predict LWOP because too many jurors seem to not like the Death Penalty as an option.

MOO

BBM
I agree. Baez will take the podium with a smirk and a large prop of some kind. Maybe his whiteboard or a very large graph. He may even have all of the words spelled correctly this time. And he will talk a lot about Casey Marie Anthony. He will want to paint a picture of innocence, a lamb who lost her way because of the mistreatment by her horrid family--abuse that was so horrible that she learned a strange method of coping. He will remind us that not everyone grieves the same way. Some of us have our own way of coping, and it may not be generally accepted by societal standards, but it is not against the law. Another way of coping is lying and stealing. And although that is wrong, it does not make one a murderer. bla bla bla ....

The bad thing for the DT is that the jury will have just heard a very intense, powerful organized presentation in timeline fashion, of the states case. And they will have used the name Caylee Marie Anthony many times.

He said he did not go back and was reassigned somewhere else until December. Maybe he did not want to get into trouble with the police because Ofc Cain would have discouraged me with the way he talked to RK when he was trying to point out the bag in the water. Imagine if Ofc Cain had just done his job this trial would have been over long ago. jmo

Good point about Officer Cain being discouraging. I was looking for RK's deposition but could not find one. Am I blind or what?

BBM

you know what I was randomly pondering....another poster said rhornsby said he'd looked at past cases where it was CM against JA and LDB and as far as he could see, CM had never won a case against those two (plz take that with all the salt you need as it's clearly hearsay hearsay hearsay as I havent googled to verify) so I was randomly pondering that being aware of this lil gem of a factoid, and knowing she was clearly guilty as he's stated in the past, he took on the case with the knowledge he would NEVER thwart the state....just to see ICA reach her just desserts.

I like the CM in my head better than the CM with an umbrella :D

Hey, I was that poster :) I was listening to some old shows that Hornsby did with Steph Watts and Richard said that he he could not find ONE case where Cheney Mason had won against either LDB or Jeff. It is a gem of a factoid isn't it.

Personally, I think Mason took the case because he saw how incompetent Baez was and he wants to keep ICA off death row, that and it's his last big hurrah, so to speak.

I think Mason is going to go with the accident theory but for the life of me I can't think of a single way he is going to explain the duct tape because if he tries to use the 'I made it look like a kidnapping' story I've got every confidence the state will be able to disprove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

Susan1215.............I agree with your thoughts, completely. I also have wondered if the movie ICA watched the night of June 16th, with the guy being duct taped, propelled her to place the duct tape on Caylee after the fact, like one of the days she backed the car into the garage. Part of me thinks it could not of adhered very well with the decomp process started, but perhaps that is why it was stuck to her hair on both sides of her head? 3 pieces, then the heart sticker, I suppose she would of had time to do that in the confines of the garage. MOO

Yeah..The whole 'I used the duct tape to make it look like ....' well , then she would have told where the body was ..and didn't . What's the point of making Caylees death look like anything if she wasn't going to give up where to find her .
In that case why the searchers and almost letting the search place [ Tim ] go bankrupt.

Here's a new article by Anthony Colarossi at the Orlando Sentinel:

Experts predict prosecution, defense strategies for Anthony trial

"Blame it on the nanny. Blame it on the meter reader. Blame Caylee Marie's disappearance and death on someone, anyone other than her mother. In the nearly three years it took to get here — opening statements in Casey Anthony's trial are scheduled for Tuesday — various defense theories briefly captured our attention and then fizzled. Now that the guilt phase of her trial is at hand, the legal experts who have watched this case carefully and know it best say she has few defense options remaining. The prevailing thought is that her defense team will continue to point the finger in another direction — this time at her family and, particularly, Casey's father, George Anthony."

Here's the whole article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-defense-prosecution-20110521,0,3574348.story

IMO, the meter reader won't fly (JVM thinks the defense will try and pin it on him), anyhoo, how does one explain the rare duct tape matching duct tape used by the A's, the winnie the pooh blanket, the laundry bag all linked to the A home, not to mention the propensity of ICA and her heart stickers? The decomp in the trunk? The cadaver dog hits? IMO, it will not fly.

ICA only started saying Caylee was close to home after she realised she wasn't getting out of jail anytime soon, prior to this she said in her statement to LE that Caylee was NOT in Orlando - I think it was at that point she understood that Caylee had to be found so she could get her "get out of jail free card", because that is what everyone was telling her, her parents, her brother and probably Baez. Only ICA couldn't tell them the location because that would then blow the lid on her "the nanny did it" story. So she gave out those little hints, she's close to home, look local, places that are familiar to us - nothing makes sense about those comments unless you look at it in this context. ICA was changing her story, once again, to achieve what she needed to achieve, and at that time it was to get out of jail as soon as possible. ICA knew there would still be MAJOR problems when they did find Caylee but I think she thought she would cross that hurdle when she came to it. ICA knew that there was duct tape wrapped around Caylee's head so that would still fit in with her story about a kidnapping and I think she has somehow been able to make her defense team believe that she staged it that way due to her mental disorder or whatever.

How or even if the defense team is going to try and explain the duct tape is going to be fascinating, and in my opinion there is no way they can.

I think what they will try first is to confuse the jury on the placement of the tape and when that doesn't work they will try to explain it.

Here's a new article by Anthony Colarossi at the Orlando Sentinel:

Experts predict prosecution, defense strategies for Anthony trial

"Blame it on the nanny. Blame it on the meter reader. Blame Caylee Marie's disappearance and death on someone, anyone other than her mother. In the nearly three years it took to get here — opening statements in Casey Anthony's trial are scheduled for Tuesday — various defense theories briefly captured our attention and then fizzled. Now that the guilt phase of her trial is at hand, the legal experts who have watched this case carefully and know it best say she has few defense options remaining. The prevailing thought is that her defense team will continue to point the finger in another direction — this time at her family and, particularly, Casey's father, George Anthony."

Here's the whole article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-defense-prosecution-20110521,0,3574348.story

Thanks for quoting the article Bullwinkle! It was interesting for a couple of reasons - first although I like to hear from experts, I wish the writer of this article had actually named them.

The other reason is that after three years, I am so frustrated reading news articles written by people who very obviously know so little about the Case. Most of us at WS have read every deposition at least once, in great detail, listened to every hearing, plus discussed and argued the evidence among ourselves until our fingers have turned blue. So :banghead: if someone is going to write a news article that is going to appear in MSM, please do some research and bone up on your facts so you won't look like a complete :loser: to anyone who actually knows what you are talking about.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back