What Is the Defense Strategy #2

Why do you say logic has to go out the window? If the defense is trying to get the jury to think that someone other than Casey killed Caylee, then George stating what time they left would be suspect by that logic. In fact, GA had several statements about the morning of the 16th. that didn't all add up. The defense will have the jury thinking that it's possibly that GA killed Caylee, put the body in Casey's car, and then she drove off or he kept Caylee, and Casey left. He later put Caylee in her trunk when she wasn't around. He later removed the body when Casey complained about the car stinking. She'll claim GA told her it was a dead squirrel, which it tells him it's time to move the body from the car.

I don't believe this carp. Just playing devil's advocate here.

It won't add up to anything, but it's a good diversion for the defense to toss out, to make the jury think other than what the SA has to say is gold proof.
It then forces the SA to have to additionally prove that what the DT says is bunk.
But even Casey claimed it was June 9th...so I don't think "time" will be the deciding factor. The As have all told mistruths...picking on George, who had no possible motive to kill his beautiful granddaughter, will clearly be seen for what it is...another lie. Playing DA is okay...it keeps reminding us to look at the facts and not follow the bouncing ball the defense teeam would prefer us to watch.

:loser:
Why do you say logic has to go out the window? If the defense is trying to get the jury to think that someone other than Casey killed Caylee, then George stating what time they left would be suspect by that logic. In fact, GA had several statements about the morning of the 16th. that didn't all add up. The defense will have the jury thinking that it's possibly that GA killed Caylee, put the body in Casey's car, and then she drove off or he kept Caylee, and Casey left. He later put Caylee in her trunk when she wasn't around. He later removed the body when Casey complained about the car stinking. She'll claim GA told her it was a dead squirrel, which it tells him it's time to move the body from the car.

I don't believe this carp. Just playing devil's advocate here.

It won't add up to anything, but it's a good diversion for the defense to toss out, to make the jury think other than what the SA has to say is gold proof.
It then forces the SA to have to additionally prove that what the DT says is bunk.

Because GA went to work and its documented and KC left the house according to the pings. She admitted leaving the home before 1pm so she is stuck with that story. There is also testimony from the computer repair shop who claims KC was leaving Walmart with Caylee and the pings show up close to Walmart. Interestingly too, GA claims to have seen KC and Caylee leave the house on the 9th. That was later corrected but maybe it was on the 9th that he saw them leave. I don't believe most of GA's story either. He heard what KC told police and his story matches KC's. Pretty ironic when you figure they were all wrong on the date. jmo

whatever casey claims= pure bunk

lies over and over.. almost like a script...

-I work at universial
-the babysitter was zfg
-I left caylee at sawgrass
-(going back to earlier CA testimosny)
-the baby is at the beach with the nanny
-(drives to the parking lot with no baby) oh the baby is with the nanny at univerasal

investigative undercoverwork my a$$

Cindy smells the smell in the recovered car and calls it a dead body and later calls it trash (right)

I cannot wait for the jury to smell these cans. I know it will get in... source of appeal perhaps.. but not right away..

focus on the here and now is what is important

I believe he will say that Caylee drowned & was too scared to tell anyone because of the abuse & her PTSD...& that she partied etc wrote those checks & shopped because she was trying to forget...And, I think he will say that the police arrested her to quickly & she was too scared to tell even them

Apparently, Baez is being accused for bad representation from his last client who was also charged with murder of a 2 year old & child abuse.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...hony-called-defective-lawyer-by-former-client

I have a hunch that they are going to claim that KC did give Caylee to someone for safekeeping while the drama played out at her house--only for obvious reasons they can no longer claim it was ZFG. Who they will claim it is I have no idea. That is the only way I see them getting around the 31 days and the partying.

Some of the charges include lying to investigators. If they claim it was an accident, then that charge is true (duh). Or would that just be time served?

Some of the charges include lying to investigators. If they claim it was an accident, then that charge is true (duh). Or would that just be time served?

Probably time served (concurrently).

MOO

As much as the A's all needed money, they would have filed for child support if they knew the dad, or ss benefits if he were a deceased dad. Now that leaves why they did not do this ( as we have seen their greed) they either don't know because of one nighters, or a family member and they never wanted to give dna.

I have a hunch that they are going to claim that KC did give Caylee to someone for safekeeping while the drama played out at her house--only for obvious reasons they can no longer claim it was ZFG. Who they will claim it is I have no idea. That is the only way I see them getting around the 31 days and the partying.

I was thinking about this the other night because I was reading through the jailhouse letters again where ICA states she gave Caylee to the "real" Zenaida. It was as if she was saying okay, not that ZFG the one I told the cops about, but the real one. When I was reading this I was wondering how the defense team were going to say okay she was lying to LE, there was no nanny - because all the State have to do is bring up that letter where she is still saying there is a nanny or a Zenaida.

So your theory makes a lot of sense. There was a criminal defense attorney on tv saying you must be very careful if you are going to put yourself at the scene of a crime because you are asking a jury to believe you were there and it was an accident, but you didn't do anything to cause the death. This attorney said that this scenario is fraught with danger and no way would he advise a client to admit to putting themselves at the scene of the crime at the time of death, because a jury is just as likely to believe that you're lying. At the end of the interview he didn't believe that the defense would go down the road of accident theory.

I don't think they will either - the defense has to explain that jailhouse letter and I believe they will say that ICA gave Caylee to "someone" probably much like the Elizabeth Johnson case.

So defense theories they can't use...

1. Accident - ICA won't admit to that because she would still get serious jail time, can't put client at scene of crime at time of death

2. George did it - No one is going to believe this, there is no proof whatsoever to support this claim, nor can a case be made for reasonable doubt.

3. ZFG (LE statements) ex members of the defense team have already come out and said this is a lie - This Zenaida does not exist

4. Roy Kronk - again no one will believe this as this man was unknown to the family, had no access to Caylee and Caylee was in possession of her mother at last sighting - no discernible proof to back these allegations.

5. JGrund - once again, no access no proof

I think the mitigation experts/investigators poured over ICA's scribblings from jail and are using everything they can in there - and that is where all the mitigation excuses come from and the "REAL" Zenaida.

IF they try and go with the ACCIDENT scenario there is only 3 ways they can introduce it.

1. Use various ways to IMPLY it was an accident as a way to plant the reasonable doubt seed.
2. Use witness testimony. [ But I do not think they can unless the witness was already deposed.]
3. Put her on the stand to tell the story.

If they try and go with number one, just imply it was an accident, I think the jury may be angry. Casey will be essentially lying and covering up the truth still. She will be taking no responsibility and just hoping they give her 12 years instead of LWOP because
they feel sorry for her. It is quite a gamble, imo.

But number 3 is even a bigger gamble. If she tries to tell her accident story she will be interrogated every which way. And it will be a very ugly, unsympathetic story, accident or not. She will have to admit to the duct taping and describe it in detail. She will have to describe finding Caylee unconscious, and have to explain how she tried to revive her, if she even did. And WHY she never called for Emergency Medical help.

The accident story is not a Get Out Of Jail Free Card, imoo.

Fox news is on now with Gerlado talking about the case

Is Geraldo still being wishy-washy? Funny, he wasn't at all in July 2008..Only a few weeks after this all began..I just happen to be watching this a few mins ago & he rakes the A's over the coals along with ICA & Baez..His guests do too & they're all really ANGRY! about all the LYING!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vLhUaYCetk&NR=1[/ame]

eta..This was obviously BEFORE he & Baez became BFFs

I was thinking about this the other night because I was reading through the jailhouse letters again where ICA states she gave Caylee to the "real" Zenaida. It was as if she was saying okay, not that ZFG the one I told the cops about, but the real one. When I was reading this I was wondering how the defense team were going to say okay she was lying to LE, there was no nanny - because all the State have to do is bring up that letter where she is still saying there is a nanny or a Zenaida.

So your theory makes a lot of sense. There was a criminal defense attorney on tv saying you must be very careful if you are going to put yourself at the scene of a crime because you are asking a jury to believe you were there and it was an accident, but you didn't do anything to cause the death. This attorney said that this scenario is fraught with danger and no way would he advise a client to admit to putting themselves at the scene of the crime at the time of death, because a jury is just as likely to believe that you're lying. At the end of the interview he didn't believe that the defense would go down the road of accident theory.

I don't think they will either - the defense has to explain that jailhouse letter and I believe they will say that ICA gave Caylee to "someone" probably much like the Elizabeth Johnson case.

So defense theories they can't use...

1. Accident - ICA won't admit to that because she would still get serious jail time, can't put client at scene of crime at time of death

2. George did it - No one is going to believe this, there is no proof whatsoever to support this claim, nor can a case be made for reasonable doubt.

3. ZFG (LE statements) ex members of the defense team have already come out and said this is a lie - This Zenaida does not exist

4. Roy Kronk - again no one will believe this as this man was unknown to the family, had no access to Caylee and Caylee was in possession of her mother at last sighting - no discernible proof to back these allegations.

5. JGrund - once again, no access no proof

I think the mitigation experts/investigators poured over ICA's scribblings from jail and are using everything they can in there - and that is where all the mitigation excuses come from and the "REAL" Zenaida.

Exactly!! No way would a DT attorney have their client involved in any way with the death--accident or not. Also, the only credible way they can explain the partying and carefree attitude is to claim that KC thought Caylee was safe and sound during this time. Nothing else would make sense.

I agree...Casey on the stand is a temper tantrum just waiting to happen . I don't think it would take much pushing either ...she doesn't react well to even the lightest of confrontations.

Exactly!! No way would a DT attorney have their client involved in any way with the death--accident or not. Also, the only credible way they can explain the partying and carefree attitude is to claim that KC thought Caylee was safe and sound during this time. Nothing else would make sense.

Yep, totally agree with you. This is what ICA says in her letter...

You want to know something, I know
that Caylee‟s nanny, the “real” Zenaida, the girl who was my friend for 4
years, I know in my heart that she‟s not responsible. And I don‟t blame
her for not showing her face. Would you want to be sitting here with me
for something you didn‟t do? Considering the circumstances, you
technically are and it sucks. And I know this goes without saying, but
outside of myself and my legal team, not a soul knows this. I was going
to take Caylee and move away. Unfortunately, my plans got beyond
tangled when Zany wouldn‟t tell me where she and Cays were. I had
asked her to take Cays for a few days so I could put the rest of our stuff
together, money I had saved, new clothes, new everything. That‟s why I
waited to report her missing, because she was and wasn‟t. I would give
anything to go back to that day and to not have let Caylee out of my sight.

Yep, totally agree with you. This is what ICA says in her letter...

You want to know something, I know
that Caylee‟s nanny, the “real” Zenaida, the girl who was my friend for 4
years, I know in my heart that she‟s not responsible. And I don‟t blame
her for not showing her face. Would you want to be sitting here with me
for something you didn‟t do? Considering the circumstances, you
technically are and it sucks. And I know this goes without saying, but
outside of myself and my legal team, not a soul knows this. I was going
to take Caylee and move away. Unfortunately, my plans got beyond
tangled when Zany wouldn‟t tell me where she and Cays were. I had
asked her to take Cays for a few days so I could put the rest of our stuff
together, money I had saved, new clothes, new everything. That‟s why I
waited to report her missing, because she was and wasn‟t. I would give
anything to go back to that day and to not have let Caylee out of my sight.

Where did you get this letter? Who did she send it to? This is my theory-weird.

Where did you get this letter? Who did she send it to? This is my theory-weird.

I believe this letter was sent to her prison 'friend'..She kept them all & the state got them..A bunch were released months ago.

But even Casey claimed it was June 9th...so I don't think "time" will be the deciding factor. The As have all told mistruths...picking on George, who had no possible motive to kill his beautiful granddaughter, will clearly be seen for what it is...another lie. Playing DA is okay...it keeps reminding us to look at the facts and not follow the bouncing ball the defense teeam would prefer us to watch.

I'm not worried about us not following any bouncing ball, but the jurors haven't been glued to this case as a great many of us have.

I've just been sitting here wondering what the defense's opening statements would be, and trying to see what they might come up with that's even halfway plausible.

I cant see ANY reason the defense would 'make sense' in their opening statement- other than flat out allege Caylee was fathered by a family member. In jurors minds, that may explain WHY she never bonded with Caylee....and was so eager to *forget* about her/ thoroughly enjoy her 31 days of freedom+lying. Nothing else makes sense. I can poke so many holes I would confuse myself. What on EARTH could possibly explain her behavior while baby Caylee was missing???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back