What Is the Defense Strategy #2

The defense strategy was clean and believable if kept as an accidental drowning and ICA panicked, it snowballed.

However ICA did not want to take responsibility for even that so GA was brought in to find and dispose ... Complicating credibility.

However ICA wanted to explain her 'ugly coping' so GA was further implicated by sexual abuse ... Graphical making it sensational but harder to digest.

However the Defense wanted to taint the dump crime scene so further implicate RK to mitigate all of the forensics and items from home ... Distancing ICA and the heart sticker but making for a complicated conspiracy theory.

I think JB thought he could derail the trial and stop all of this evidence coming in but ... For every level of abstraction he added it made it harder to believe, harder to support and, more likely to all come crashing down.

The Defense blew it, they got too creative trying to distance ICA from everything and anything.

To the ?.... What is the defense Strategy......

Beats me. So far they got nothing. JMO

Premeditation can occur "in the blink of an eye". Clearly if the duct tape was applied to Caylee's head before death, a reasonable person could anticipate Caylee would not be able to breathe and die. I believe the elaborate defense involving GA and RK is intended to remove Casey from any involvement in Caylee's death - as they state GA found Caylee after she'd drowned in the pool. I don't completely understand how RK eventually is supposed to end up with Caylee's remains before "finding" them in the woods. What I do think, however, is Casey gave her attorneys the drowning story, coupled with allegations of molestation against GA and LA, and the rest the defense concocted to attempt to explain away the forensic evidence. I cannot see the jury buying the story, especially the molestation and GA allegedly covering up his beloved granddaughter's death.

MOO

I agree on your theory about the elaborate defense but I can't wrap my mind around something.. I don't really understand how someone can think straight and premeditate if he's in an insane passionate rage?

I googled and found this: "A decision to kill made rashly, impulsively, or without careful consideration of the choice and its consequences is not deliberate and premeditated. On the other hand, a cold, calculated decision to kill can be reached quickly."

I had to scratch my head at that. :waitasec: I understand that the law is the law, the way Judges interpret it is crucial and that the concept of premeditation was probably discussed at length in jurisprudence, but premeditation in "the blink of an eye" is one of the few things I haven't been really able to understand and go "Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense".

Either way, I agree. I can't see the jury buying it either. I still think they should've gone for the passion-rage-defense and put the burden on the prosecution to prove it was deliberate and/or premeditated. I believe she's a murderer but even the worst of the worst deserve a decent DT.

To the ?.... What is the defense Strategy......

Beats me. So far they got nothing. JMO

I agree, they have nothing and have been grasping for straws. I don't see how Casey and Company went on and on for over 2 yrs about a so called ZFG-Nanny-Zanny taking Caylee, spending the states resources as well as TES. And now all of the sudden they blame George? I pray the state will try and get some of that money back that could of been used for a real missing person. How is it legal to just lie..lie..lie? Makes no sense to me what the defenses new strategy is. It is in very very poor taste IMO.

The media claims Casey is so smart due to all her lies and taking LE on a wild goose chase..IMO she is not..she is :devil:

Casey is not smart, IMO she is a sociopath and a narcissist. That does not make her mentally ill, it makes her evil :devil: IMO :cow:

I about vomited :sick: when Baez went on and on on how Casey went to school after having her fathers (you know what in her mouth):sick:. How sick!

How could anyone say things like that to begin with? If true that George and Lee Molested Casey I would think there would be more to say than what Baez alleged! His opening statement made no sense to me at all.
I pray that George & Lee can sue Baez some how. I do wonder though if Cindy, George, and Lee knew that they were going with this defense and are not taking it personal, but are not going to admit or agree to it either?

:sick: It is just disgusting IMO. It will not set Casey free IMO, if anything the jury will look at her even worse now. She was not a child, she was over 21 yrs of age and kept Caylee in a house where she supposedly got molested by her brother and father? Does that make sense? Heck no! :banghead:

None of it makes sense, but when you listen to the prosecution they make a lot of sense and the only one that had "MOTIVE" to kill Caylee would be Casey IMO.

The defense strategy was clean and believable if kept as an accidental drowning and ICA panicked, it snowballed.

However ICA did not want to take responsibility for even that so GA was brought in to find and dispose ... Complicating credibility.

However ICA wanted to explain her 'ugly coping' so GA was further implicated by sexual abuse ... Graphical making it sensational but harder to digest.

However the Defense wanted to taint the dump crime scene so further implicate RK to mitigate all of the forensics and items from home ... Distancing ICA and the heart sticker but making for a complicated conspiracy theory.

I think JB thought he could derail the trial and stop all of this evidence coming in but ... For every level of abstraction he added it made it harder to believe, harder to support and, more likely to all come crashing down.

The Defense blew it, they got too creative trying to distance ICA from everything and anything.

bbm

Absolutely.

The problem for defense strategy is that Casey and Baez each have different goals...each has a personal wish list to achieve at trial's end...and they appear to be mutually exclusive. T’is a tale of two massive egos running amuck.

As stated well by others above, Casey wants to be COMPLETELY exonerated. If she testifies, she will probably say she was up all night making calls for the Cancer Society and then knitting socks for our troops when she nodded off and Caylee slipped out of the room. Casey’s Ego will take no responsibility just as she took no responsibility for her life in the past. She wants to be admired, impressive. The whole “Nanny” vs. Babysitter thing...the imaginary boyfriends with trust funds...this is all very telling. She won't let Baez taint her in the slightest way.

Caylee was a nice thing she did for her family for awhile. It was fun..till the little Snotnose became the center of everything...and they were spending their money on HER. Plus they inflicted the kid on her when THEY were the ones enjoying her.And then they continued to carry on about Caylee...couldn’t just let her disappear with a nice Nanny who wouldn’t hurt her and get back to spoiling CASEY.

And ya know...the Snotnose was even starting to look like Mom. Where did that leave Casey?

Casey wants payback against the family that cared more about Caylee than about her. In the videos, you can see she gets irritated when there is too much “Caylee talk.” She wants Cindy crying over HER...worrying over HER. She’s going to smear them all. Slamming abuse allegations against her Dad and her brother...and torturing Cindy with the thought that HER negligence caused the Baby’s death.

And how dare Kronk try to get a reward...make money on Caylee while money she makes goes to pay lawyers? She’ll fix him too.

Casey has a Hit List and Baez is stuck with it.

Baez wants to be a legal Super-star. Maybe sitting on the nightly panel when Nancy Grace says “Unleash the lawyers”...the “highly esteemed defense attorney from Orlando”...yeah, all that.

He has two problems...Casey’s Fantastical Story and the fact that everyday that we watch him bumbling around, one wonders if his Mommy works wherever they grade the test for the Florida Bar. He doesn’t seem to know the basics. Some days I wonder if I’m not on the wrong channel and this Soap Opera will conclude when the REAL Attorney Baez bursts into the courtroom...and exposes his Evil Twin ( who has kept him locked in the basement of a Men’s Clothing Store for all these years.)

Baez is like a surgeon who keeps admiring himself in the reflection of his own scalpel while operating. It’s scary. If the patient “lives”...it’s going to be nothing more than incredible luck.

BBM

ITA with all you've posted...

That is the goal for ICA...that she is totally not responsible for Caylee's demise. She will NEVER take responsbility for wrong doing and I'm so surprised that she pleaded guilty to her fraud charges..but, her hand was caught in the cookie jar, so to speak...

In her mind, there is nothing physical or incriminating enough to tie her into Caylee's death. I do believe as JG has stated, if Caylee died by accident she will make up a new reality..he too didn't think ICA would take Caylee's life deliberatley but I still have that argument that turned physical on June 15, 2008, was the catalyst for Caylee's demise in my mind. I do believe all ther anger and rage for her mother, was taken out on Caylee...those jailhouse videos show how jealous she was of Caylee..to the point of ICA pointing out she had started a menu for herself to start working out. Bagels and cream cheese was brought up. CA said how much Caylee loved bagels and ICA said, well, so do I...she's a little me....she wants the focus on herself and how dare CA bring Caylee up when she's speaking about becoming more healthy...just so unbelievable it has to be believed...She was truly jealous of the attention Caylee was getting and it angered the heck out of her...I just hope those jurors put it all together...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Casey Anthony's Lawyer Jose Baez Has Trials of His Own

By JESSICA HOPPER
June 8, 2011
Like many attorneys defending a client facing the death penalty, Casey Anthony's attorney recently moved for a mistrial. While the strategy is common, Jose Baez's reasoning was not. He claimed the evidence disparaged his character.

By stepping into the spotlight of the Florida courtroom, Baez went from being a local lawyer with a past that includes child support battles, bad checks and bikini businesses to the defense attorney in the most high profile case in the country at the moment.

Baez, 42, is defending Casey Anthony from charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, a crime that could warrant her a death sentence.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anth...-jose-baez/story?id=13784113&cid=ESPNheadline

Casey Anthony trial: Legal experts question defense attorney Jose Baez's handling of case

Defense attorney Jose Baez rocked the criminal-defense world — not to mention Orlando's legal community — when he told jurors in Casey Anthony's trial that the death of his client's daughter was not a murder but due to an accidental drowning.

As a result, jurors saw hours of video in which Casey Anthony shows no hostility toward the father she accuses of sexually abusing her. In fact, she describes him as a "great" father and the "best grandfather."

George Anthony, meanwhile, appears to be a genuinely concerned grandfather, desperate to find his granddaughter, Caylee — not someone who had knowledge of her drowning, as Baez claimed in his opening statement.

more
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...605,0,5783283.story?page=2#tugs_story_display

from the link above....
Marcellus McRae, a trial lawyer in Los Angeles and a former federal prosecutor, said that once an attorney creates a specific "exit door" with a detailed opening like the one Baez gave, "What you cannot do is have inconsistent or criss-crossing paths."

"Never, ever, ever over-promise," McRae said. "It's better to have a streamlined, classic opening. By under-promising, whatever you score by way of the evidence is a victory. You over-promise, and the prosecution is sitting there keeping copious records of everything you've done."

If Baez cannot keep the promises he made, prosecutors will remind jurors of that during their closing arguments, McRae and others said.

I'm hoping this is the beginning of the end for Baez and his client. JMHO

Justice for Caylee

The problem for defense strategy is that Casey and Baez each have different goals...each has a personal wish list to achieve at trial's end...and they appear to be mutually exclusive. T’is a tale of two massive egos running amuck.

As stated well by others above, Casey wants to be COMPLETELY exonerated. If she testifies, she will probably say she was up all night making calls for the Cancer Society and then knitting socks for our troops when she nodded off and Caylee slipped out of the room. Casey’s Ego will take no responsibility just as she took no responsibility for her life in the past. She wants to be admired, impressive. The whole “Nanny” vs. Babysitter thing...the imaginary boyfriends with trust funds...this is all very telling. She won't let Baez taint her in the slightest way.

Caylee was a nice thing she did for her family for awhile. It was fun..till the little Snotnose became the center of everything...and they were spending their money on HER. Plus they inflicted the kid on her when THEY were the ones enjoying her.And then they continued to carry on about Caylee...couldn’t just let her disappear with a nice Nanny who wouldn’t hurt her and get back to spoiling CASEY.

And ya know...the Snotnose was even starting to look like Mom. Where did that leave Casey?

Casey wants payback against the family that cared more about Caylee than about her. In the videos, you can see she gets irritated when there is too much “Caylee talk.” She wants Cindy crying over HER...worrying over HER. She’s going to smear them all. Slamming abuse allegations against her Dad and her brother...and torturing Cindy with the thought that HER negligence caused the Baby’s death.

And how dare Kronk try to get a reward...make money on Caylee while money she makes goes to pay lawyers? She’ll fix him too.

Casey has a Hit List and Baez is stuck with it.

Baez wants to be a legal Super-star. Maybe sitting on the nightly panel when Nancy Grace says “Unleash the lawyers”...the “highly esteemed defense attorney from Orlando”...yeah, all that.

He has two problems...Casey’s Fantastical Story and the fact that everyday that we watch him bumbling around, one wonders if his Mommy works wherever they grade the test for the Florida Bar. He doesn’t seem to know the basics. Some days I wonder if I’m not on the wrong channel and this Soap Opera will conclude when the REAL Attorney Baez bursts into the courtroom...and exposes his Evil Twin ( who has kept him locked in the basement of a Men’s Clothing Store for all these years.)

Baez is like a surgeon who keeps admiring himself in the reflection of his own scalpel while operating. It’s scary. If the patient “lives”...it’s going to be nothing more than incredible luck.

Such a great post we should all read again.

Ask The Judge: Defense Team, Lesser Charges

By Judge O.H. Eaton Jr., WESH Legal Analyst
WESH.com WESH.com
updated 6/7/2011 2:46:49 PM ET 2011-06-07T18:46:49
WESH.com

Editor's Note: As ongoing extended coverage of the Casey Anthony trial, WESH 2 News legal analyst Judge O.H. Eaton Jr. is answering questions about the case. Do you have a question you would like Eaton to answer? Click here to send it via email. Please include your name and city.

Why Isn't Mason Doing More?

Dear Judge Eaton: Why has attorney H. Cheney Mason taken such a small part in this trial? He is the one with the most experience, as I understand it. Are they trying to get a mistrial for incompetent legal defense? -- Joan, DeLand, Fla.

I am as surprised as you are. I thought the defense team had divided up the issues and had assigned different areas according to experience and expertise. Hoping for a new trial based upon a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel is a long shot, and the issue cannot be raised until after a conviction and after an appeal. An appeal can take up to two years. I doubt if the defense is purposely providing ineffective assistance. That would be an ethical violation that could result in discipline or disbarment by the Florida Supreme Court. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

more
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43312261

I cannot kick this fear that this whole defense thing is a huge setup and that when the defense is presenting their case they will make it look like they "break" George. He did say he would do anything to protect ICA and yet it wouldn't look believable if he just agreed right of the bat that he was present when the child died, abuse, etc. It would be more believable if the strategy was for them to wait and possibly let CM grill George until he broke and admitted to all. Which would blow the entire case out of the water. Is anyone else concerned that the whole bunch may have this planned to save her or am I just a paranoid/distrustful person?

The ONLY reason Baez is getting away with this defense strategy is because he knows the jury will never see KC's nonchalant reaction to something being found in JBP; he knows the jury will never hear about KC's remark that "they haven't even found her clothes" and her very extreme reaction to the find on Suburban Drive.

If this info were to be known to the jury, the whole premise of sexual molestation at the hands of GA would never find a leg to stand on.

I cannot kick this fear that this whole defense thing is a huge setup and that when the defense is presenting their case they will make it look like they "break" George. He did say he would do anything to protect ICA and yet it wouldn't look believable if he just agreed right of the bat that he was present when the child died, abuse, etc. It would be more believable if the strategy was for them to wait and possibly let CM grill George until he broke and admitted to all. Which would blow the entire case out of the water. Is anyone else concerned that the whole bunch may have this planned to save her or am I just a paranoid/distrustful person?

Going to sleep last nite, I had the same thoughts, or similar. George being kinda on the defensive with Baez could blow up when questioned. Especially since being accused of the abuse of ICA. I was thinking along the lines of CM and Baez coaxing a mistrial from Georges testimony. And maybe George knows this. After it's his daughter he is saving. I am very concerned he could and would do this. He has known about the abuse theory since the letter writing, where he says Why? in his letter to ICA.

Casey Anthony's Lawyer Jose Baez Has Trials of His Own

By JESSICA HOPPER
June 8, 2011
Like many attorneys defending a client facing the death penalty, Casey Anthony's attorney recently moved for a mistrial. While the strategy is common, Jose Baez's reasoning was not. He claimed the evidence disparaged his character.

By stepping into the spotlight of the Florida courtroom, Baez went from being a local lawyer with a past that includes child support battles, bad checks and bikini businesses to the defense attorney in the most high profile case in the country at the moment.

Baez, 42, is defending Casey Anthony from charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, a crime that could warrant her a death sentence.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/US/casey-anthony-trial-defense-attorney-jose-baez/story?id=13784113

"I just, I hope that the compassion that he says that he has is being genuine…I hope he's not building a reputation for himself," George Anthony said.

"He's a guy with a colorful and complicated past and a very confusing present," said Robert Jarvis, a lawyer and professor at Nova Southeastern University Law Center. "His courtroom demeanor leaves you with a sense that this is a guy who is in over his head."

"He's really flying by the seat of his pants. From his very confusing open, from the way he's been cross examining witnesses, at this point, you really have to wonder what his strategy is," said Jarvis.

He appeared with Casey Anthony at a press conference in October 2008 when a grand jury was considering murder charges against her. Both she and Baez continued to claim that Caylee was missing and Casey Anthony wore a "Help Find Caylee" button.

"I can't think of a more repugnant picture to have now that she's now admitting the child was dead from day one," Hornsby said.

My bolded portion of the quote....Baez doesn't like to be disparaged by anyone but he can do that to innocent people. Nothing like karma coming back to bite...this will be the beginning of his end...I believe, he will have to chase ambulances to drum up some business...He done himself wrong...I believe he lost all credibility with that outrageous opening statement..When he puts on his CIC, it will be more lies, misrepresentation of the facts and it might just snowball against his client...

I truly hope ICA demands to take the stand...then all the dirty little secrets of this defense team will be told for everyone to hear...Financial gain, as Baez asked the states witnesses...I want his financial gain to be told...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

This is going to sound off the cuff but I'm really beginning to think that the defense strategy is:

if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull stinky.

Several times I thought I knew they had a strategy...whether it be BS, confuse them or just plain KC was set up...

But as I have watched the trial unfold...I am painfully aware that they really have no strategy...

Accident
Set up
Kidnapping
Framed
Sexual Abuse
Contamination of crime scene
Poor investigative techniques
Witnesses operating out of areas of expertise...biologist, chemist, physicist, or botanist. (biggest problem here was the experts were more expert than JB
Weird non science (divining rods)
etc

I think they put these in a blender and stirred....

Each witness is looked at with a microscope...and they never seem to back out and look at the big picture...which is why JB is often giving the SA a gift.

I was not sure where to post this, mod's move to the right thread plz.

I have been thinking a lot about Casey's allegations of molestation and abuse. I went back and read about who she called on June 16, 2008 and thought to myself, well if she is blaming George for disposing of Caylee :waitasec:why did she call Cindy 7 times ? :waitasec: She only called George 1 time!

:waitasec:Then they are trying to blame George for disposing of the of the body
when he had no access to Casey's car. She was gone for 31 days pretty much only came home to steal gas and get a change of clothe. So how and when would George of been able to get Caylee's decomposing remains out of Casey's trunk?

:waitasec:Then they claim Roy Kronk came and moved the remains..how? Caylee would of been skeletal remains by August and wasn't that around the time he had thought he seen something and did call LE and they did nothing? I could understand why he would go back a second and third time. I would of, lots of people searched for Caylee over and over, that did not mean they had anything to do with her disappearance and murder.

Just thinking out loud here...

Mom Made Repeated Calls On 'Key' Day In Missing Orlando Girl Mystery
Cadaver Dogs Records Requested By Attorney
POSTED: Thursday, August 14, 2008

Casey Anthony's cell phone records from June 16 -- the day investigators believe something may have happened to her daughter Caylee -- show she made nearly a dozen calls in less than five hours, records obtained by Fox News Channel showed.
Anthony called her mother seven times, her dad once, her boyfriend and two other friends, the records showed.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/17189131/detail.html

When Baez said, the state is throwing things against the wall to see what will stick is what the DT is actually doing...Hypocrit at it's finest....:floorlaugh:

I just can't get over how Baez seems to state what others say either on blogs or this community...priceless that the DT hasn't a true defense but act as if they do...and appears as if ICA truly believes she will be acquitted...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back