what is your thoughts on the jonbenet case?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by 0liviasolves, Jun 26, 2021.

?

who killed her?

1. john

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. patsy

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. burke

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  4. intruder

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

Tower,
    No, just that the parents were likely aware that JonBenet and Burke, were let us say, interacting, and they had been advised on how to deal with it, e.g. therapy, etc.

The Ramsey's would have been concerned that Burke might have been mandated to undergo therapy of some description, or brought under the oversight of some medical scheme, thereby removing him from the parent's orbit?

Many people speculate that he did receive therapy linked to his sister's death.

What drove the coverup was to keep Burke away from the legal system and the parents out of court.

In this they succeeded, John Ramsey continues to this day to appear on documentaries revising events to suit the latest forensic evidence.

Just compare what he originally said about the flashlight with what he told Dr Phil when he interviewed Burke on the Dr. Phil show.

The case is BDI, there is no intruder to be seen anywhere, Patsy staged the wine-cellar crime-scene along with John to save Burke. JonBenet was found wearing size-12 Bloomingdale underwear and Burke Ramsey's longjohns, complete opening at the front!

Neither parent would dress JonBenet like this for a crime-scene as its not really staging, its akin to just putting clothes on, i.e. any?

The person who likely redressed JonBenet was Burke Ramsey. The parents turned up after the event to tweak the crime-scene and remove any damning evidence, oh and write a ransom note.

Rain on my Parade likes this.

2. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

aThousandYearsWide,
    Sure, the case is one of those you could not invent for a novel.

It's only credible when the match is 100% genuine and the conviction is safe, otherwise Expert Witness's just throw statistic about in the court to suggest that it is impossible the dna arrived by any other route than direct contact

So here is dna that links Burke Ramsey directly to the wine-cellar:
    Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 414, Excerpt
    And about the dna in general:
    The Clue that Breaks the Ramsey Case | KGOV.com
    The case is RDI, there was no intruder, all that is left is to work out were both parents and Burke involved in the death of JonBenet, or was her death the result of an unintentional homicide whilst the parents staged the crime-scene, or is the case a First Degree Homicide attributable to one of the parents?

3. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

proust20,
    Really good points above.

Burke may have manually asphyxiated JonBenet by applying an armhold on her neck, but this might have resulted in her going into a coma?

Burke may have whacked her on the head to stage her lack of movement by offering a visible sign of injury?

Similary either parent might have asphyxiated or whacked JonBenet on the head both intended as staging?

Just depends on your current favorite RDI theory.

I reckon Patsy asphyxiated JonBenet, did she know JonBenet was alive, I do not know, but she denied her medical assistance, so does that make it First Degree Murder?

Why would Hunter endanger his job and career to make sure the case went to a GJ where he could control what went in front of the jurors, and if that failed then he could refuse to file the True Bills in an open court, as he did?

Hunter's only legal justification would be Colorado's Child Protection Statutes, i.e. to keep Burke out of the headlines. He could not make this claim about the parents, else he would be party to a homicide conspiracy.

So although an impulsive moment of rage is a good explanation for the head blow, it need not be the only one.

proust20 likes this.
  4. proust20

proust20 Well-Known Member

Knowing the order of the head blow and the strangulation would go far in determining motive. Another question is whether PR intentionally incriminated herself in the staging.

I agree that this case has a fictional quality, one both harsh and baroque. It's sort of a Cubist novel in which different fragments align without producing a recognizable, overall picture. There are many peculiar patterns and symmetries. For instance, there is the TV appearance by the Rs in which they hold up the reward poster. The reward was $100,ooo, which, of course, is the amount demanded by the RN in one hundred dollar bills. They should have been aware of this repetition, and have come up with another number. A $250,ooo reward sounds even more serious, and it would make no practical difference, as they would never have to outlay the money anyway. This would have distanced them from the RN, instead of echoing it.

Something that I never understood in the RN is why the 118k was to be split into bills of two different denominations. Why would the kidnapper(s) care how they received the cash? All that this would accomplish is to increase the bulk of the package.

On paper, JR is the most likely suspect. Paradoxically, the lack of evidence pointing to him could lead to the conclusion of his guilt in a case which has many logical/anti-logical twists and turns. I think that JR contributed much to the RN's contents. "Listen carefully!" could be JR instructing PR as she copied down his dictation?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  5. Rain on my Parade

Rain on my Parade Well-Known Member

proust20,
    Seems an odd thing that we do not know which came first: strangulation or head blow.
    What we do know is that, there was an hour and a half between the head blow and strangulation.
    A long amount of time went by, for such a minimal amount of bleeding retrieved from her head. This was not a small wound and head wounds bleed, profusely.

IMO, JB was first grabbed by the collar E. g. (the red turtle neck sweater). She was then struck on the head and then strangled. The last strangulation took her life. The previous three incidences; did not take her life. E.g. choke, head bash, SA.

Again, IMO, PR was probably so distraught by her actions she failed to think about her fiber evidence. She did throw up in the Sunroom on the morning of the 26th. Obviously, there were witnesses. She knows she is sitting directly on top of JB’s body. It makes me sick thinking about it.

Most definitely the R’s version of events are a fictional story. Part PR, part JR and even BR has his own version. This is why the lies point us to the truth. Balanced and bazaar seems to sort the outline each R played in JB’s murder. Funny you mention the reward poster. Then mention their repetition of dividing money into denominations. The R’s were movie buffs. I saw they because there was a poster of ‘Somewhere in time’in the basement. True romance if there ever was one. I can’t imagine JR sitting through this movie any more then I can see PR watching Star Trek. There were several movie posters in the basement that were taken from their previous homes “movie theatre”. There are 8 movies that I know of whose lines are referenced in the RN. Kidnapping, murder, ransom, intrigue, federation~foreign faction.

Great point! Makes all the sense in the world. Dictation is something he is apparently familiar with.

proust20 likes this.
  6. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Well-Known Member

Why would John tell himself to listen carefully?

proust20 likes this.
  7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Well-Known Member

There's a scene in the movie Ransom where the mother hears a gunshot over the phone and thinks her son has been killed. She is then seen vomiting in the kitchen sink.

8. proust20

proust20 Well-Known Member

icedtea4me,

My point was that perhaps JR was dictating the RN to PR, and instructed her to "Listen carefully!" to what he was saying to her so that she transcribed accurately what he was saying to her.