What it takes to be a Sleuth

mystery_writer8989

Reaction score
Howdy y'all,

I joined today to learn about what it takes to be a sleuth. I am a writer from Ontario, Canada and trying to find out what you believe is a good sleuth. There has been many mysteries in my life, especially surrounding a disappearance and murderess that were set in the same year. I was involved in ways that have changed my life forever. I want to write about those cases without it being true crime. There's a lot of questions I have that I would like some help. Please feel free to give me the inside deal of being a great sleuth :) Cheers

I am no sleuth but one thing I have noticed is how often the media gets info wrong. One example is the D.B. Cooper case. I thought for years the plane's route was much further east over desolate wilderness and have even heard "experts" make this claim. It wasn't until recently that I discovered the plane's route was closer to the coast and over a more populated area.

Another bit of advice is you really need to visit the area to get a good idea of what and why it happened. I like studying the Civil War and when I have visited battlefields I saw a much more clear picture of what happened. When you go to Ball's Bluff you will see why the Union got defeated and see why Col. Stone did what he did. Go to Gettysburg and you will see why Culp's Hill was so important to defend. IMO it was the defense of Culp's Hill not Cemetery Ridge that turned the tide of the war.

Good old fashion common sense. When I served on a grand jury the District Attorney told us a lot of cases aren't decided by fancy technology and legal experts but by common sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back