What it's like to be the sibling of a missing person

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Resources' started by zwiebel, Apr 12, 2015.

1. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

This is such an excellent article about siblings of missing people, I had to share it. It's by Simon Hattenstone for the Guardian newspaper and really is very good. Brothers and sisters of the missing suffer terribly in all sorts of ways - and are often passed the burden of searching for their missing sibling if parents die - but it's rare to read such a thoughtful article about them.

The cases covered are all UK missing and range from Manic Street Preachers' musician Richard 'Richey' Edwards (missing since 1995) to 4 year-old Sandy Davidson (missing 39 years). It's a unique article I think, and very sensitively written. I really recommend it. Here are a few quotes from the long article.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...people-brothers-and-sisters-simon-hattenstone

Photo is of little Sandy Davidson, snatched and still missing after nearly 40 years.

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. 5CentsWorth

5CentsWorth The Proof is in the Pudding

Thank you so much for sharing that Zwiebel.