What Patsy said in CNN interview

GuruJosh

Inactive
Reaction score
She brought up 2 cases: OJ Simpson, where we presume that a jealous husband had his cheating wife and her lover killed, and the case of Susan Smith who accused a black man of murdering her kids but was later found to have killed them herself.

Patsy was in a very vulnerable, tired, spaced out, drugged and emotional state.

So in my opinion what she said has to be taken very, very seriously. What she said has to be taken more seriously, more carefully, than normal.

We have Patsy here in a raw state. She should be more see-through than usual.

So why does she bring up two cases where a family member was killed by another family member?

Why not bring up a case where an intruder killed the family member as an example, like the Polly Klaus case?

It seems that she already, just days after JB's death, is thinking of JB's killing as a "family situation".

She even says (incoherently) that "we've lost faith in the AMerican family". To a foreigner like me this is a silly and typically yanky thing to say, but nevermind ;)

Why not say "America has lost faith in respect for others, in respect for your neighbors"?

Why "Lost faith in the American family", and why associate her own case with that of Susan Smith and OJ?

What I'm suggesting is, maybe Patsy's subconscious has betrayed her?

"typically yanky thing to say."

I can't think of a time I've ever typically said,or heard anyone else say that... typically.

capps said:
"typically yanky thing to say."

I can't think of a time I've ever typically said,or heard anyone else say that... typically.
lol. well.

i'm married to a Hoosier, and she says things like that.... but i love her with all my heart anyway :blushing:

GuruJosh said:
So why does she bring up two cases where a family member was killed by another family member?

GuruJosh,

Good find. You're probably right. Despite her obfuscations to almost every question, Patsy even today is by far the most vulnerable when being interviewed. In this instance her subconscious related her own predicament to those of O.J. Simpson and Susan Smith, two familial murderers.

Lucky Brothermoon's still not around, he would love this. Supports his theory that Patsy is borderline something or other. Why would Patsy say that?? It so doesnt go in her favour. Like when she said she had a vision of JonBenet in a coffin/casket when wrapping the twin doll....why would she say that? Surely she knew saying stuff like that would go against her??

GuruJosh said:
She brought up 2 cases: OJ Simpson, where we presume that a jealous husband had his cheating wife and her lover killed, and the case of Susan Smith who accused a black man of murdering her kids but was later found to have killed them herself.

Patsy was in a very vulnerable, tired, spaced out, drugged and emotional state.

So in my opinion what she said has to be taken very, very seriously. What she said has to be taken more seriously, more carefully, than normal.

We have Patsy here in a raw state. She should be more see-through than usual.

Why not bring up a case where an intruder killed the family member as an example, like the Polly Klaus case?

It seems that she already, just days after JB's death, is thinking of JB's killing as a "family situation".

She even says (incoherently) that "we've lost faith in the AMerican family". To a foreigner like me this is an offensive and typically yanky thing to say, but nevermind ;)

Why not say "America has lost faith in respect for others, in respect for your neighbors"?

Why "Lost faith in the American family", and why associate her own case with that of Susan Smith and OJ?

She talks about the Susan Smith case in one of the (I think) police interviews. Apparently she hadn't heard of the case and someone told her about it when they were in Atlanta right before the funeral to explain why the police could consider them suspects. It didn't surprise me she hadn't heard of the case. Neither Ramsey strikes me as a heavy duty newshound, or even a light duty one. I think they were/are too involved in their own world to be terribly interested in whats going on outside their circle.

Good job Guru! Extremely important point to make here. I've pondered this part of her interview on CNN many times and felt the same way as you - that it is VERY significant that she brought it up at all. She seemed to be saying, "here we go again" - first we had Susan Smith killing her own children and then OJ killing his ex-wife...and now US!

And then consider a later part of that same interview when she makes the astounding statements that "JonBenet will never have to know cancer etc. etc..." Not - "Now JonBenet will never graduate from high school, go to her first prom, go to college, get married etc. etc.!"
When your child is taken from you unexpectedley - especially so young - you grieve over the POSTIVE things the child will now miss out on.
You don't have the attitude of looking on the bright side of their death (murder!) - and say in essence, "Well - at least she won't have to go through this bad thing or that bad thing...." (As if she hasn't already gone through the WORST thing a human could endure: MURDER!)

A very, very odd thing for Patsy to say. It reveals IMO her state of mind and subconcious and dovetails what the police observed that morning at the Ramsey home and wrote in their report: That it seemed more a 'death' had taken place (by the Ramsey's behavior) than a kidnapping.

She sounded very much like someone who had great remorse over something.
And her drugged state let her guard down and let her real feelings - to a safe point (no confession here) - come out.

narlacat said:
Lucky Brothermoon's still not around, he would love this. Supports his theory that Patsy is borderline something or other. Why would Patsy say that?? It so doesnt go in her favour. Like when she said she had a vision of JonBenet in a coffin/casket when wrapping the twin doll....why would she say that? Surely she knew saying stuff like that would go against her??

That's true about Brothermoon Narlacat ...lol.
But,I have to admit, Patsy is a little "off the wall"sometimes .

K777angel said:
When your child is taken from you unexpectedley - especially so young - you grieve over the POSTIVE things the child will now miss out on.
QUOTE]

You are right K777angel. But I often find myself worrying about the "bad" or unwanted things that may happen to my children and how to avoid them if we can. Espicially those that have happend to me. Some people in this world center on the negative as much as some center on the positive.

I think it's odd but not incriminating.

I mean my mother in law just blurts out the most unusual things sometimes that make my jaw drop and she's not on any medication or has had a child murdered.

Do you guys know if there is a downloadable video of the CNN interview somewhere, rather than a transcript? i'd like to look at her demeanor carefully..

K777angel said:
Perhaps. On the other hand you don't really need to torment yourself further with reiterating all the good things your loved one will miss. It can be comforting to also consider all the bad experiences that won't have to be endured. Especially if one is religious and believe the child is with God. It's not an uncommon thing to do.

tipper said:
Perhaps. On the other hand you don't really need to torment yourself further with reiterating all the good things your loved one will miss. It can be comforting to also consider all the bad experiences that won't have to be endured. Especially if one is religious and believe the child is with God. It's not an uncommon thing to do.

Where was the ANGER? Where was the RAGE? Keep in mind these comments Patsy made were made only ONE DAY after she buried her daughter.
Fresh on her mind should have been rage and anger at the killer who stole her daughter from her! But no. They wanted to find out who did this they said,
"not because we're angry...." HUH?????

So not only is she not ANGRY at the killer of her daughter, she also makes a point to "look on the bright side" of her death!!

Not normal. Any way you look at it.

K777angel said:
~snip~

Where was the ANGER? Where was the RAGE? Keep in mind these comments Patsy made were made only ONE DAY after she buried her daughter.

Wasn't she heavily medicated? It sure looked that way to me. Having seen people in that condition myself, she probably was just so out of it she didn't have that angry response. It looks like apathy to some, but it is the meds.

So not only is she not ANGRY at the killer of her daughter, she also makes a point to "look on the bright side" of her death

Perhaps in her "altered state" she is trying to say, "She is at peace now. She is with Jesus" and just doesn't say it quite so eloquently. I don't know. I cannot even imagine the grief of losing your child. I would have to be heavily medicated to even function and would probably just be on "autopilot", though one thing would comfort me, and that is knowing my precious baby was with Jesus.

tipper said:

But, Jon Benet was supposedly bashed, tortured with a garrotte, and sexually molested before death. There's no reason not to have anger, fear, and extreme grief at a time like that. It's good to have God, but no one is that saintly. Where was the confusion over who could have done this? No anger? That is the most phoney and ridiculous thing I've ever heard anyone say. She sure got angry with the police for questioning her, and they didn't even kill her little daughter.

txsvicki said:
But, Jon Benet was supposedly bashed, tortured with a garrotte, and sexually molested before death. There's no reason not to have anger, fear, and extreme grief at a time like that. It's good to have God, but no one is that saintly. Where was the confusion over who could have done this? No anger? That is the most phoney and ridiculous thing I've ever heard anyone say. She sure got angry with the police for questioning her, and they didn't even kill her little daughter.
Actually, after reading ST's characterization of Patsy's behavior during the interview, I was astounded at how calm she was. Because of Thomas I had expected snarling and cursing like the street criminals he compares her to and what did we get? I think she said "damn" a couple of times and "flying flip." Guess they don't make street criminals like they used to. :)

tipper said:
She talks about the Susan Smith case in one of the (I think) police interviews. Apparently she hadn't heard of the case and someone told her about it when they were in Atlanta right before the funeral to explain why the police could consider them suspects. It didn't surprise me she hadn't heard of the case. Neither Ramsey strikes me as a heavy duty newshound, or even a light duty one. I think they were/are too involved in their own world to be terribly interested in whats going on outside their circle.

Tipper...she watched the OJ Verdict...she ran out the back door and told her gardener about it....it is in PMPT.

Yes but I'm talking about what she said in reference to the Smith case. Everybody had some knowledge of the OJ case.

tipper said:
Actually, after reading ST's characterization of Patsy's behavior during the interview, I was astounded at how calm she was. Because of Thomas I had expected snarling and cursing like the street criminals he compares her to and what did we get? I think she said "damn" a couple of times and "flying flip." Guess they don't make street criminals like they used to. :)

Yes, but her behavior was so contradictory to the high Christian morals she claims. No anger towards the killer but calling LE "buddy", cussing any at all, and just a bad and ugly attitude. After all the refusal to answer questions, what did Patsy expect. Patsy was more Christian and helpful towards the "killer" than she was to the authorities who were trying to help her daughter.

>> It's good to have God, but no one is that saintly. Where was the confusion over who could have done this? No anger? That is the most phoney and ridiculous thing I've ever heard anyone say. <<

Txsvicki
That's exactly how I feel about JAR's "forgiveness" statement as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back