PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

Discussion in 'The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate' started by Tricia, Sep 9, 2009.

?

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

1. Lethal injection

70 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Medical castration and life without parole

162 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

16 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Life in prison without parole

168 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

75 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Life in prison with a chance of parole.

8 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

52 vote(s)
    5.2%
  8. Electric chair death

14 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Death, any method that works.

160 vote(s)
    16.0%
  10. Death - unless falsely accused

28 vote(s)
    2.8%
  11. Blind them so they can never see a child again

7 vote(s)
    0.7%
  12. The same punishment as the child did, then death

34 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

35 vote(s)
    3.5%
  14. all of the above

39 vote(s)
    3.9%
  15. LWOP in general population

54 vote(s)
    5.4%
  16. SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

46 vote(s)
    4.6%
  17. Permanent psych ward stay

9 vote(s)
    0.9%
  18. Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

11 vote(s)
    1.1%
  19. Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

10 vote(s)
    1.0%
  20. Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

5 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

How about all of the above? Start at the lowest and work your way down to death.

2. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

There is no potential for rehabilitation here. They are wired wrong. Lethal injection.

A child predator molests tons of children before they actually get caught. And even when they are court ordered to therapy, their eyes "light" up when thinking about their criminal behavior. They have no concept of remorse or guilt.

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

Do you mean wired wrong as in they were born that way, or something happened that changed their brain along the way?

EuTuCroquet? likes this.
  4. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I don't know. But it can't be fixed. Even the ones who know it is wrong, and hate their desires, can't change, what they do learn, is how to process those desires, cognitively, and it is more successful for them to process the consequences, of the behavior.

5. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Well-Known Member

I just don't think, if that's the case and it's something that can't be helped, capital punishment should be the answer. Especially if it's something they are born with. I don't know which it is.I go back and forth on that, are they born or made? I agree with you it seems rehabilitation is highly unlikely.

EuTuCroquet? likes this.
  6. Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty New Member

Not enough info in the poll, if the victim hasn't reached puberty then the abuser is a pedophile and should get LWOP or at the minimum several decades in the slammer. If a consensual relationship but the "victim" has not reached the age of consent then what ever applies to statutory rape.
    In Canada years back the age of consent was lowered to 14 so a person in their 60s could legally have sex with a 14 yr old as long as the older person was not in a position of trust. There were problems and the age was raised back to 16. I agree with those saying pedophiles can not be rehabilitated, are they born that way as many gays claim, who knows but the true pedophiles should be put where they aren't a threat to young children.
    I read one case where the pope sentenced a priest who molested 20 boys on Guam to a life of prayer, that will be a huge deterrent.

7. bchas77

bchas77 New Member

I voted Surgical Castration and Life in Prison without parole. This would be in most cases. If homicide is involved I would like to see a good old fashioned public hanging, that being next to impossible then whatever method the State they are in has available I guess.

Depending on the crime and the level of convincing evidence or testimony I would like to see mandatory castration and then sentenced to hard labor in prison. Something similar to the old Arkansas "Tucker Prison Farm" the 1980 film "Brubaker" was about.