What should Juan say in closing to knock it out of the park?

I would like him to start with her stalking incidents, then the May 26 text-fight, which I believe was the motivation (and so does Chris Hughes). Then the day by day sequence of all the pre-med, starting with the stolen gun, blonde/rental car, then gas cans, hair brown in Salinas, phone off, gas can filling, and deleted photos of the crime scene.

I just cannot WAIT for closing arguments. I think Juan will be masterful.

He at first should be methodical and layout the case including all the many facts of premeditation.

Then at the end he should show the photo of Travis' with his throat slit ear to ear and say to the jury with passion and indignation:

"This trial has been all about the defendant, Jodi Arias, but what about the victim, Travis Alexander?' (pointing to the photo) 'Do you think Travis deserved to be butchered and shot by the defendant just because he no longer wanted the defendant in his life?':mad:

He needs to show the texts that Travis wrote on May 26th.

If it is allowed, JM should pose the question, "Why did the defense NOT call the one person (MM) who can supposedly corroborate JA's story of physical abuse and her claim of Travis's pedophilia?"

Wendy Murphy on one of HLN's April 30th shows, brought up a great point I hope to see Juan raise in closing - Jodi certainly remembered a knife being used in her Ninja scenario, but selectively entered the fog when it was decided just how stupid that make believe fairy tale would be received by a jury.

Here's hoping this jury truly has justice in mind first and foremost, and are able to use common sense and not get lost in the smoke and mirrors.

"No jury will convict me", "If I killed Travis, I would beg for the Death Penalty"

Wendy Murphy on one of HLN's April 30th shows, brought up a great point I hope to see Juan raise in closing - Jodi certainly remembered a knife being used in her Ninja scenario, but selectively entered the fog when it was decided just how stupid that make believe fairy tale would be received by a jury.

Here's hoping this jury truly has justice in mind first and foremost, and are able to use common sense and not get lost in the smoke and mirrors.

I had that thought in the shower. When the story was intruders Jodi remembers everything, Travis screaming, Travis crawling, Travis asking for help and saying he can't feel his legs. But when it comes to her being the killer, now there's a fooooog and she can't remember anything other than being attacked and him yelling "effing kill you bit**!" which is very convenient.

Also, bring up the fact that the DT, in trying say there was an escalation of violence and abuse have trotted out the the same text message from Travis over and over and over and over and over again. Where's the pattern? Where's the escalation? This was the only incident in over 8000 bits of written correspondence the DT could find of Travis being remotely disparaging to Jodi and clearly he is very angry about something she'd done to him. Why is that? Why just this one? What exactly did Jodi do?

You all have wonderful ideas for what he needs to drive home, but I hope he remembers the importance of learning styles. Approximately 65 percent of the population are visual learners, 30 percent are auditory learners, and 5 percent are kinesthetic/tactile learners. Styles do overlap. How to effectively reach/teach/relate to what is being presented- especially in procuring the desired outcome.

"Visual Learners
Visual learners relate most effectively to written information, notes, diagrams, and pictures. Typically they will be unhappy with a presentation where they are unable to take detailed notes – to an extent information does not exist for a visual learner unless it has been seen written down. This is why some visual learners will take notes even when they have printed course notes on the desk in front of them. Visual learners will tend to be most effective in written communication, symbol manipulation, etc. Visual learners make up around 65 percent of the population.
• They like books, handouts, blackboard writing, and notes.
• They learn best alone.
• They organize information by categorizing (like a mental spreadsheet)."

http://library.rpcc.edu/docs/LearningStylesAssessment-TRIO.pdf

Even if you believe that he was shot first, there's no way Jodi's scenario happened between 62 seconds. No way.

Who drives 1000 miles out of their way just to pop in to say "hi" to a person that just blew them off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"No jury will convict me", "If I killed Travis, I would beg for the Death Penalty"

The main thing Juan must do is bring Travis alive & humanize him in that courtroom today!Tell the jury all the things Travis went through with Jodi!!
He needs to tell the jury that this is not just about Jodi,but about a promising young man who had everything going for him and she stoled all that by killing him 3 times!!
I think Juan should tell the jury that JA got on this stand & lied to you all from the
very beginning.She even lies when doesn't have to,like when she told you
how she even met Travis...
From there the lies never stopped...
he should go through them all one by one...
The jury will know this,but to put it in front of their faces on a board or whatever he uses will be a WOW moment!!

I agree Linask totally with your post..These should be Juan's last words to them
Also I know Juan likes to talk fast,but he needs to slow down during his CA and make his statements sink into their minds..
ALL JMO

I had that thought in the shower. When the story was intruders Jodi remembers everything, Travis screaming, Travis crawling, Travis asking for help and saying he can't feel his legs. But when it comes to her being the killer, now there's a fooooog and she can't remember anything other than being attacked and him yelling "effing kill you bit**!" which is very convenient.

RIGHT...exactly!!
Wendy was bothered by the fact she hasn't heard Juan bring it up.

I'd like him to point out how true TA's words were when he said she was worst thing that ever happened to him. I'd also like him to ask the jury to honor Jodi's words that if she killed TA she'd beg for the death penalty.

I would love it if Juan played a video of Travis so the jury can see him as a human being. I hope the jury sees him as their brother, son, friend, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back