What was the REAL reason the little doggie went to live at the Barnhills?

kazzbar said:
How stressful the bed wetting clean up would be relies totally on the attitude of the mum and to a lesser degree the child. If the mum was calm and kind it would be no big deal but if the mother was stressed and angry then it could be a real big deal. It sounds like patsy had a lot of experience in this field so one would think that she had a quick routine for ckean up. I do'nt think JB would have climbed into bed wet with Bourke but maybe after she was cleaned up.I think it is unwise to have little kiddies sleeping so far from parents also. If she cried out in the night how did anyone hear? When she wet the bed was patsy alerted? How? If not did the poor kid just keep sleeping in a wet bed? Aside from this the dog went to the Barnhills because nobody was bothered with it and it probably had a better lot with them.

You are right about the attitude of the parent, however, a parent who sleeps so far away would not likely know or be involved until morning when pulling off the sheets.
Yes, Tipper, these bedwetters sleep differently, they can get up, clean up, go back to bed, and continue to sleep. Bedwetters are often sleepwalkers!
UK, there is little to NO noise, it's as Tipper said, peel , dress, go back to bed.

This post started with Jacques....and people start posting about JonBenet's bedwetting!

I recall Patsy saying that she would tie Jacques to her bedpost at night because he did pee all over the house. She also said he had the run of the house. Surely this would have irritated John.

Camper said:
Since I started this thread I have not posted on it til now. Reading about this breed of lovely little dog.

A saw and a couple of hinges could have solved the problem of Jacques for the most part. A doggie door. I had a tiny dog who had a doggie door, and she would go in and out and in and out and take care of her needs.

So it was said that the R's gave a 'hoot' about the dog since they turned it over to the Barnhills.

Bur reading all of the comments about the little doggie peeing on the carpet, would certainly cause some weary problems for the elderly couple who ended up 'caring' for the dog.

So, did this mean they did not give a hoot about the elderly couple or just 'thought' it was a gift to the B's, or just solved their own personal problems with no thought to any consequences?

I did not ever observe a fenced yard at the R home when they lived there, nor was there a fence at the B's either. I think the moral of this story from the posters who have posted and the B's who took the doggie, was the B's and the posters here LOVE their doggies.

Wonder where doggie lived when he went to doggie heaven?

Mrs. B has died since JonBenet's murder, how long does this breed live?

That breed of dog (bichon) lives anywhere from 14-20 years. I have 3 bichons and yes, they are very strong willed but like Jayelles stated, they are lovely little dogs!! They are also cat-like and like to be in high places like the top of the couch. I love my babies!!!!!!!!

tipper said:
I don't think the Ramseys were dog people. Lots of people aren't. If they were dog people they'd already have had a dog. That doesn't make them bad people or bad parents. Are all people who buy dogs from pet stores bad parents? Bad consumers maybe, but not necessarily bad parents.

If nobody care about what happened to the dog he'd have been abandoned or turned in at the pound. As it was the Barnhills were people he already knew and was happy with. It sounded like the perfect solution to me.

I disagree with this. I've never had a dog. My husband has never had a dog. We decided with 3 children in the home a dog would be a welcome addition. We decided to adopt from the humane society would also fit our family's morales the best as well.

We have had an adopted bichon MIX (similar to ramsey) for 2 + years now. He is an amazing welcome to our family that has had no experience whatsoever with dogs. And through various education research and such, he's just one of our kids.

having stated that, its not in defense of Ramsey's, but just in defence of those people who are "DOG PEOPLE" would have had a dog already.

my 2cents

I understand, I've had dogs my entire life, sometimes three at a time. When my daughter brought home the orange tabby, I cringed, as I had never had a cat, and wasn't thinking of ever wanting one. Well, the guy won my heart, I don't think I've ever been that attached to an animal in my life. People who love animals, probably could find something cuddly in a snake. However, there are people who "put up" with animals, my mother was one, have them ,feed them and bathe them, but "eww" don't sleep in the same bed, don't let them on the furniture, and full blown panic if one was wet and going to "shake". These people are fine, they do no harm to animals, they just don't bond. The dog spending time with the elderly couple, worked great for Patsy, she could have a dog for the kids, and have someone else take care of the cuddle and clean-up.

My mother gave away a dog we had, because he became more than she and dad could handle. She gave him away to an elderly man who couldn't believe his luck. She had explained the troubles she had been having with him, and while my mother couldn't handle it, Jake's new owner could care less.

My mother now has a lasa aphso (sp?? I know it's horribly wrong) and he is her 'baby'. My siblings and I call him 'Number 9' as there are 8 of us kids (YIKES!!).

So, my point is, folks can love animals and not realise what they are in for. My mother couldn't be parted with Oscar for all the money in the world, yet some would think she didn't care for dogs because she gave one away.

I love animals. I would never dream of harming one, but I also would never own a cat. NOT a cat person.

I think the Barnhills had one, maybe more than one dog, and maybe Jacques liked to play with them. GM, when he crashed the party, said the dogs were barking, so he came over to tell the Barnhills, remember?

So at least on that night, the 23rd, Jacques may have been across the street so he wouldn't be a nuisance at the party, and when he mentioned "the dogs" barking, probably there was something said about the arrangement, if not about why the dogs were barking.

Did the possible intruder know all this? Probably yes? Possibly he had associates who were prowling around outside while he was at the party(?) . :waitasec:

tipper said:
I'm guessing you haven't dealt with a lot of bedwetters.

Cleanup consists of the wet kid peeling off the wet underwear/pajamas etc, leaving it in a heap on the floor, putting on something dry and sliding into whatever new sleeping place they have chosen. Some of them don't even really wake up during the process.

I'm not sure what you are picturing that would be stressful and noisy.

tipper,

I have not dealt with all known bedwetters, and I certainly dont think your generalised statement is universal practise either.

But assuming in the singular instance of JonBenet's case, is it possible that she slipped into a dry pair of size-12 underwear ?

tipper said:
I don't think the Ramseys were dog people. Lots of people aren't. If they were dog people they'd already have had a dog. That doesn't make them bad people or bad parents.
The Ramseys may not have been dog people at first, but people can change. Patsy is seen playing with her pet dachschund in the Oct 2002 48 Hours program.

-Tea

icedtea4me said:
The Ramseys may not have been dog people at first, but people can change. Patsy is seen playing with her pet dachschund in the Oct 2002 48 Hours program.

-Tea
Yeah, but appearances are everything to Patsy. Of course she'd want to be seen playing with her dog - it makes her look good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back