• ICA will receive 10 years or less

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • ICA will receive time served

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal procedings

Votes: 65 8.0%
  • Hung Jury and a Mis-trial

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Mister Baez will have sanctions and a bar report.

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose forty years or less. She should at least be in long enough that she will never be able to conceive again...

I think it will be LWOP. She should get the DP, but I don't think she will.

I also think there will be an appeal, and possibly she will get another trial because of the poor defense she got. JMHO

So far not a single vote for acquittal. Says a lot about what the state was able to do today, IMO.

I have to give it to the whole prosecution team, but especially to JA. He did a remarkable job converting witnesses for the defense into witnesses for the prosecution. Was great to see a true professional at work, and quite a contrast to the defense.

How long can she serve if charged with aggravated manslaughter?

Hello everyone! This is my first post and after looking around this site I think I am going to REALLY like it here!

I voted for this like I do for the Oscars/Emmys...

I voted LWOP but hope for the ultimate...I was mighty impressed with the entire Prosecutions case and totally entertained by the Defense...That Mr. Baez sure is a funny one...not

Just wanted to jump in with both feet and say Hi!

Welcome, CoyoteKim!

Misty Croslin got 25 years in prison on a series of prescription drug-trafficking cases, in which the state had hard evidence against her. Her sentence had (allegedly) absolutely nothing to do with HaLeigh Cummings. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. Or basing what Casey Anthony will get in this trial (if convicted) on the sentence she (will get) (got) on charges of forgery, fraudulent use of personal information, and petty theft for forging $700 worth of checks and using her friend's credit cards without permission.

The State proved 3 of the determining factors for the DP. But then again they also proved beyond a reasonable doubt that there WAS in fact premeditation as well. I'm thinking that if it were me on that jury? 31 days would have had me asking why. I could have stopped at a lesser charge. But then, the computer searches, the way the body was discovered, the condition that poor little girl was found, the car trunk, the car being abandoned...I could go right on down the State's list.

Someone in this thread mentioned the sentence Misty Croslin(sp) got? And that is without a body and without premeditation as well. I can picture ICA getting LWOP because of her age. We are all familiar with how long a person can sit on death row through appeals before "the end" occurs or appeals are won. 20 years of appeals? LWOP? Only difference between the two? One takes longer to wait through. It wouldn't benefit the tax payers, her existing family or the millions of people this whole story has affected. ICA would get the easy way out with the DP.

I'd much rather see it haunt her like it will everyone else, for the rest of her life in prison. For life.

She deserves the DP, but I think she'll get LWOP. A life sentence in Florida doesn't come with parole.

I believe there's three women on Florida's Death Row today. One is close to ICA's age. (26)

Florida Dept of Correction Death Row Fact Sheet
You can take a brief tour.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/#General

Considering the jury and HHJP have had a glimpse the sheer hell ICA has put her parents through, the number of innocent people she willingly and knowingly accused and involved in her sadistic menagerie of lies, and her lack remorse; I hope she gets the DP. But I voted LWOP because because I think that the jury might want her suffering to be lifelong. That would be fine in my opinion.

I hope the SA emphasizes the number of people she TORTURED with her lies and manipulations - including the jury. I thought for the longest time that her family begging for her life would save her from death, but her family lost all of their good will with their own lies. She stands alone - and I voted that she will be sentenced to death.

I voted LWOP. If she walks, I will never trust the jury process again.

OK, one vote for acquittal. I wish you could come and state why you think this might happen. I don't believe anyone here will bash you for your opinion. I for one, would just like to hear your reasoning.

I think she will be convicted at the very least of Aggravated Child Abuse which carries the Death Penalty. If the Jury votes for Death I think HHJP will go for life and overrule.

IMO LWOP

Just some current history of Women convicted, sentenced, and executed in the State Of Florida.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/women.html#recieved

Why do you think he will overrule? Just curious,since he prosecuted a woman with the DP and got it.

I voted LWOP no DP because she is an attractive young woman. If she were a man she would be dead meat.

I would like to see Casey receive LWOP, but I suspect she will get 30 or less years.

My choice is not exactly on the poll because I want ICA to get the DP, then have to sit on Death Row believing that the State of Florida would be putting her to death. I want her to sit in a Death Row cell frightened out of her mind of dying by Lethal Injection for at least 5 years, then her sentence be commuted to Life.

So, I want BOTH! Death Penalty, then Life after about 5 years of total, absolute fear.

I think she may actually receive the Death Penalty.

Here are a few reasons why:

~ There is no trust more sacred than that of a young, defenseless child to her mother.

~ The 31 days & the lies, lies, lies show complete lack of remorse.

~ Falsely accusing others, specifically Roy Kronk. I think the Jurors will be resentful of this.

~ The duct tape makes this crime truly horrifying.

~ The computer searches make it premeditated.

As one who lived in Arizona at the time Debra Milke was sentenced to death for the murder of her four year old son, I know it can be a reality.

At the very least, LWOP. I am hopeful for the DP!

I think the jail visitation tapes with her parents may have been the ultimate testimony against Casey Anthony.

My choice is not exactly on the poll because I want ICA to get the DP, then have to sit on Death Row believing that the State of Florida would be putting her to death. I want her to sit in a Death Row cell frightened out of her mind of dying by Lethal Injection for at least 5 years, then her sentence be commuted to Life.

So, I want BOTH! Death Penalty, then Life after about 5 years of total, absolute fear.

Yes, this is what I want. I don't care if she does not get executed. I just want this jury to give her the DP.

I would like to read about how her life is on the Row.

I voted LWOP. If she walks, I will never trust the jury process again.

((((((hugs))))))) Just in case. I learned loooong ago, never guess what goes on in the minds of jurors. Usually they get it right, sometimes they're WRONG. I've followed lots of trials where IMO the jurors got it VERY wrong.

Don't take it personally, try to prepare yourself NOW for any possible verdict....and remember Karma is a b!tch;)....... in the event they get it wrong

In your opinion, do you think Casey believes the jury will not convict her? I feel that she definitely felt this pre-trial and possibly, a good part of the trial, that's why I feel she wouldn't take a plea deal or ask for one.

What say you, the fine people of WS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member