What will Cindy's Role be in Upcoming Events?

Cindy's Role in Upcoming Events

• Cindy will play a prominent part in the trial for the prosecution

Votes: 123 26.3%
  • Cindy will play a prominent part in the trial for the defense

Votes: 95 20.3%
  • Cindy's main role in the trial will be as a support to her daughter

Votes: 189 40.5%
  • Cindy is starting to lose faith in her daughter and will be a no show.

Votes: 60 12.8%

• Total voters
I believe it will be against her will but Cindy will be a large part of the prosecution.

The 911 calls

her comments to Casey's friends about her being a sociopath

warning Casey's friends that she is no good

her plans- or at least the recommendations that she take custody of Caylee

her testimony as to Casey's behavior prior to and after Caylee's disappearance

the cell phone records wherein Casey avoided most of her mother's calls but checked messages the moment they were left
the dozens of text messages between them at the same time Casey was avoiding her calls

the events of July 3-4 when Cindy went to Universal looking for Caylee and sent Lee out looking for Casey at nightclubs

The condition of the car when it was bailed out of impound. The smell, the contents.

The actions Cindy took with the car- airing/cleaning it out, washing the clothing

Cindy's explanation of her differing stories about the smell- "dead body" versus "pizza"

Cindy's refusal to provide something of Caylee's for TES

Cindy's handing over the wrong hairbrush on purpose.

Caylee's paternity and Cindy's public comments that nobody will ever know.

Cindy's knowledge- or lack thereof of Zanny the Nanny.

Cindy's belief that Casey had been working at Universal for over two years.

This is probably only a partial list. But she has alot to answer for- and even more to explain concerning the events of Spring and Summer 2008.

If she is honest it will help the prosecution tremendously.

If she lies, she runs the risk of being prosecuted. And if she conflicts what she has said before despite proof in e mails and recordings, it will only make Casey look more guilty.

My comments are in bold...

think Cindy has been putting down her daughter for most of Casey's life.

Why? Where is there any evidence of this going back? I know people who's parents were very verbally abusive in this way and they are generally meek people. They don't talk back with that mouth Casey has and act like they're entitled to the world paving her path in gold. It seems like any testimony about this came from Casey's friends (again, whom she LIED to about almost everything) or from Lee who was commenting SOLELY on recent events. I would my daughter down if she was stealing from people, taking advantage of family, and pawning off all responcibility too.

Below is part if Jesse Grund's statement of how Cindy treated Casey.

G: Uhm, we were laying on the couch. Her and Casey started having an argument
2 about something and I, I stuck up for Casey. And I said, "Do, please don't do this
3 while I'm here. Don't talk to her like that. You know I love your daughter." And
4 then she immediately just throws Casey under the bus. a proverbial turn, just
5 lays her out there. " How do you want to be with somebody who's got no future?
6 She didn't even go back to get her high school education. You know she's got a,
7 she's got a job and a place where she doesn't really even make enough money
8 to support Caylee. I'm doing, I'm the one supporting Caylee." And just basically
9 just threw her out there. Totally...

I completely agree.

I also think that BC's statement in the hearing the other day coupled with JB's statement in the mini Geraldo interview last night tells me a lot"

BC statement: He said that the Anthony's love their daughter and are concerned for her.

JB statement during Geraldo (1.31.09): We (defense team) are the only ones in Casey's corner.

From BC's statement, I get that the Anthony's know she's guilty and that's why they are concerned for her . Concerned for her soul because she's a murderer, concerned for her because she is going to prison for life or may be executed.

As far as loving her, you can't just shut off completely love for your child, so i certainly understand that. Heartbroken and sick? Yes! Never want to lay eyes on her again? Very possibly. But they would still love her...

From JB's statement on Geraldo last night, I get that the Anthony's have privately acknowledged her guilt and will no longer support her because they think she is innocent and should get off. I predict we won't see them helping the defense. I can see them lobbying for her life to be spared during the penaly phase, but not that she is innocent or should not go to prison.

I hadn't heard that quote from Baez. Thanks for posting it. I thought I detected a break in the ranks last Friday as well:

1. Conway, on behalf of the grandparents, supporting TES's motion to strike Baez's motion.

2. Conway blaming Baez for the bracelet while Baez, thru his spokesman, blames Cindy.

3. Someone in the A family/group releasing memorial plans that include a pointed statement about the remains not being released yet.

You make some good points Shaymus.

Does anyone know if G, C, or L have been questioned by the SA lately? We've all heard about the negotiations for immunity- just wondered if anything was happening with that.

I have to wonder why George is still in hospital. He walked out of the motel under his own power, so I don't believe any of his issues are medical- I'm wondering how intense this breakdown may have been. And whether the help he is receiving will compel him to sit down with prosecutors and tell the whole story, on the record.

If anybody can 'take it', Cindy can, but she really does have more on her shoulders than most human beings could tolerate. Her beloved granddaughter is dead (and murdered, no less); her daughter is in jail charged with that murder; her husband is hospitalized for mental and possibly physical problems; and her son is doubting he can continue to support his sister (my guess). It's just hell and all for Cindy --- and I give her credit for being able to function at all at this point.

She is the strong one in the family GA couldn't take it he whimped out and ran away...Cindy has tryed to keep it all together and I for one don't know how she has done it...I

Why? Where is there any evidence of this going back? I know people who's parents were very verbally abusive in this way and they are generally meek people. They don't talk back with that mouth Casey has and act like they're entitled to the world paving her path in gold. It seems like any testimony about this came from Casey's friends (again, whom she LIED to about almost everything) or from Lee who was commenting SOLELY on recent events. I would my daughter down if she was stealing from people, taking advantage of family, and pawning off all responcibility too.

2 about something and I, I stuck up for Casey. And I said, "Do, please don't do this
3 while I'm here. Don't talk to her like that. You know I love your daughter." And
5 lays her out there. " How do you want to be with somebody who's got no future?
6 She didn't even go back to get her high school education. You know she's got a,
8 to support Caylee. I'm doing, I'm the one supporting Caylee." And just basically

When I was younger than KC (19 yrs old) I was married with a child and i had only a highschool dipolma my husband, son and I lived in a 3 room apt in the worst part of town I had my own couch (even though it was second hand from goodwill)I would never have thought of living with my parents and having them raise my child much less be on the couch making out with my boyfriend while my mother takes care of me and my child. Kids today don't seem to leave home they have babies and bring them home for there mothers to raise (they might have to give up thier cell phone) she should have been thankful that Cindy was helping her instead she acted like an entitled brat...I can understand why Cindy may have been upset..If Jesse and KC didn't like it they should have been mature enough to get thier own place ...

BC is good with words....'not know" to me means Cindy still believes her daughter. I see George coming to terms with it first. If he goes back to the house,he will have to conform to her will and her belief system and this is where his problems kick in.....with this kind of conflict.

It would be commendable and healthy for CA to change and accept. She is not fighting for that baby; she has not gone to the court to ask for the remains; she has avoided a funeral and a memorial; She has not been to the site; and has distanced herself from everyone who now knows Caylee is gone. Cindy has a hard time admitting she was wrong, not that that fact is important to the public but it is extremely important to her. So this saga will go on till SHE is ready to make an appearance. It will be on her terms.

To me "not know" means she is convinced her daughter is not innocent. I think it was prudent of BC to say what he said and leave it at that, as far as statements to the public are concerned.

That said, I don't consider BC's revelation much of a bombshell. I don't think Cindy ever believed Casey, as badly as she wanted to.

Cindy has been in deep mourning, no doubt in the darkest state of despair imagninable- I imagine she has been having a hard time just staying alive. MOO

To me "not know" means she is convinced her daughter is not innocent. I think it was prudent of BC to say what he said and leave it at that, as far as statements to the public are concerned.

That said, I don't consider BC's revelation much of a bombshell. I don't think Cindy ever believed Casey, as badly as she wanted to.

Cindy has been in deep mourning, no doubt in the darkest state of despair imagninable- I imagine she has been having a hard time just staying alive. MOO

I agree. I think if Cindy thought Casey were innocent, she'd still be saying that.

Remember the context here though... Jessie had been lied to by Casey about the baby being his (a baby she had lied about even carrying until the last few months). He KNEW she lied even before the DNA and accepted it because he loved her and Caylee. He still has problems seeing the Casey HE KNEW as the girl sitting in jail today despite these (and prolly other) major lies. He still can't see any sign of THIS Casey in HIS Casey...that should say alot.

People convince themselves all the time that the person they love does bad things for external reasons. It's "not the real them". That's why the Anthony's blame her friends...not because they know she's guilty and don't care, but because "their little girl" had to have been corrupted somehow. "This Casey" isn't "their Casey". I don't think Jessie is lying but it really seems pretty clear that he (like many others) didn't hold Casey responcible when she did bad things. She was always able to make the person she took advantage of blame someone else for her errors. It was her talent. It's still happening.

That one incident without knowing the build up is not any evidence of "mental abuse" or "mind control" going back into Casey's childhood. Casey was not a child or a high schooler when this happened, she was an adult and adults say nasty things when they fight sometimes, and it's pretty clear that there was a lot of manipulation from Kc going on at that point. If there were ANY allegations of abuse in the Anthony household while Kc was a child we'd have heard all about it. It speaks volumes that Cindy's family thinks she's TOO permissive as a parent and needed to take MORE control of Casey. Frankly that fits better with Kc's behavior anyway.

I mean, Casey even had her family convinced that JESSIE was a bad guy in return. I'm sure you can go back and find the interview where Cindy talks about never having liked Jessie because of some violent outbursts or something. Jessie blames Casey's family and Casey's family blames her "bad apple" friends. Time to start blaming Casey.

When I was younger than KC (19 yrs old) I was married with a child and i had only a highschool dipolma my husband, son and I lived in a 3 room apt in the worst part of town I had my own couch (even though it was second hand from goodwill)I would never have thought of living with my parents and having them raise my child much less be on the couch making out with my boyfriend while my mother takes care of me and my child. Kids today don't seem to leave home they have babies and bring them home for there mothers to raise (they might have to give up thier cell phone) she should have been thankful that Cindy was helping her instead she acted like an entitled brat...I can understand why Cindy may have been upset..If Jesse and KC didn't like it they should have been mature enough to get thier own place ...

Yes, I agree. I don't blame Cindy for blasting them both off the couch for their foolishness. She should have got a belt after them both for disrespecting her. If JG didn't like it, he could have gotten an apartment like Casey wanted him to do. But, he couldn't because his Daddy wouldn't allow fornication outside of marriage. Which parent is the most controlling.........I also don't see how Cindy is tolerating all that is going on. She has LP demeaning her in front of millions on NG and she's now being blamed for George's condition and will have to walk around on eggshells plus eventually go back to work.

Remember the context here though... Jessie had been lied to by Casey about the baby being his (a baby she had lied about even carrying until the last few months). He KNEW she lied even before the DNA and accepted it because he loved her and Caylee. He still has problems seeing the Casey HE KNEW as the girl sitting in jail today despite these (and prolly other) major lies. He still can't see any sign of THIS Casey in HIS Casey...that should say alot.

People convince themselves all the time that the person they love does bad things for external reasons. It's "not the real them". That's why the Anthony's blame her friends...not because they know she's guilty and don't care, but because "their little girl" had to have been corrupted somehow. "This Casey" isn't "their Casey". I don't think Jessie is lying but it really seems pretty clear that he (like many others) didn't hold Casey responcible when she did bad things. She was always able to make the person she took advantage of blame someone else for her errors. It was her talent. It's still happening.

That one incident without knowing the build up is not any evidence of "mental abuse" or "mind control" going back into Casey's childhood. Casey was not a child or a high schooler when this happened, she was an adult and adults say nasty things when they fight sometimes, and it's pretty clear that there was a lot of manipulation from Kc going on at that point. If there were ANY allegations of abuse in the Anthony household while Kc was a child we'd have heard all about it. It speaks volumes that Cindy's family thinks she's TOO permissive as a parent and needed to take MORE control of Casey. Frankly that fits better with Kc's behavior anyway.

I mean, Casey even had her family convinced that JESSIE was a bad guy in return. I'm sure you can go back and find the interview where Cindy talks about never having liked Jessie because of some violent outbursts or something. Jessie blames Casey's family and Casey's family blames her "bad apple" friends. Time to start blaming Casey.

I so have to agree with you. All we hear is how controlling Cindy is but, from what I see, she had control of nothing at all. Casey and George both walked all over her. Even Jesse, as a guest in her home, felt he didn't have to abide by her rules. If anything, it appears to me that Cindy was too permissive, too much of a door mat. I see no signs at all that she was controlling.

Whatever the real family dynamics were, and as much as we like to think otherwise, we don't really know, George, Cindy, and Lee are all Casey's victims. They are all hurting and not one of them saw this coming or asked for it. I'll never understand the Cindy hate.

I think it will be awful if they do go through with a funeral right now and it looks like that is they way they feel. Apparently she has not come to terms with it and does not want the public to see her and think she was wrong through this whole thing. She is waiting for time for the public to mellow and forget how she behaved.

She is not alone....she has lee, who lives there and BC readily available. I do not ever see CA capable of living alone. She needs someone there for many reasons.

I think KC is the one that won't let this funeral happen as she cannot be there. I think she feels that if she lets her mom bury her, her mom wins and KC does not want her mom KC probably thinks she has won this battle with her mom and she will not release her child to her. This is only my opinion though. I think CA would have had the funeral before, right away if it was legally up to her. Maybe they are trying to get a court order?
It would be interesting if they were doing that behind the scenes and we didnt know about it.
IT is just awful and disrespectful for them not to bury this child.
IT seems as though no one is fighting for Caylee except the state?

She is the strong one in the family GA couldn't take it he whimped out and ran away...Cindy has tryed to keep it all together and I for one don't know how she has done it...I

She has ALWAYS been the strong one, GA and KC couldn't or wouldn't even support themselves.

I so have to agree with you. All we hear is how controlling Cindy is but, from what I see, she had control of nothing at all. Casey and George both walked all over her. Even Jesse, as a guest in her home, felt he didn't have to abide by her rules. If anything, it appears to me that Cindy was too permissive, too much of a door mat. I see no signs at all that she was controlling.

Whatever the real family dynamics were, and as much as we like to think otherwise, we don't really know, George, Cindy, and Lee are all Casey's victims. They are all hurting and not one of them saw this coming or asked for it. I'll never understand the Cindy hate.

You misunderstand the word controling, at least in the way I mean it when I refer to people like Cindy. People with the type of personality disorder I believe Cindy has control people through a long drawn out collection of forced dependency, dramatic schemes, manipulation, intimidation, belittling, threats, feigned victimization. While they complain about being the only one working that too is part of their control "Without me, you'd be nothing, you can't even support yourself, looser". If you lost money one time 20 years prior and paid that money back, it will still be held against you-forever ... even if it means making you legally obligated to some sort of other debt.

While it may seem to those not familiar with this kind of person that they are selfless and are watching out for their "loved ones" it is always about their own needs, their survival and well-being which is why IMO it has been so easy for Cindy to appear to be in "denial" for so long.

You misunderstand the word controling, at least in the way I mean it when I refer to people like Cindy. People with the type of personality disorder I believe Cindy has control people through a long drawn out collection of forced dependency, dramatic schemes, manipulation, intimidation, belittling, threats, feigned victimization. While they complain about being the only one working that too is part of their control "Without me, you'd be nothing, you can't even support yourself, looser". If you lost money one time 20 years prior and paid that money back, it will still be held against you-forever ... even if it means making you legally obligated to some sort of other debt.

While it may seem to those not familiar with this kind of person that they are selfless and are watching out for their "loved ones" it is always about their own needs, their survival and well-being which is why IMO it has been so easy for Cindy to appear to be in "denial" for so long.

Yeah, in the 8/14 jailhouse tape KC says she's been looking at job ads, gonna get a job after this is all over, and CA jumps in and says "oh you don't have to get a job", I went WTF?

Yeah, in the 8/14 jailhouse tape KC says she's been looking at job ads, gonna get a job after this is all over, and CA jumps in and says "oh you don't have to get a job", I went WTF?

I'm sure Cindy loved being the "end all and be all". It gave her a feeling of self-importance. I wonder if she undermined all of George's many failed job efforts. Maybe KC talked about getting a job many times and Cindy shot her down. IMO Cindy is a very destructive person.

Cindy is an enabler of the highest order. This is where she believes she earns "love".
I have been trying to think of her in a better light but darn, everytime I attempt to come up with statements that were truthful, it is almost impossible. The amount of lying and theatrics has a very long list. Even in jail interviews (NG softballs them) Cindy is leading her daughter to say the correct thing to NOT get in trouble.

One of the posters mentioned the remains. With kc behind bars, the A's could have gone to court and demanded the remains....they did not. Speaks volumnes. Cindy does not need a 5,000 person filled church to honor her grandchild. This is over the top again and not necessary. I do not get the impression they will be their for Caylee but to appease the "masses". They could have a small memorial and buriel at the church with only family and close friends. Nothing like that has been discussed.

IMO, this case is a train wreck. It is not going to have a good ending. The three people in that house all need help, not just one and not just because of these circumstances....they have needed help for a very long time.l

While I agree with many posters that Cindy has always been an enabler, I see her enabling as part of her control. Used when it suits her. Although we don't know the previous dynamics in this family for sure, I base my opinion of Cindy on the behaviours that I have seen. A prime example is her addressing the judge from the general seating area. I've spent many years in court as a victims' advocate, and would never have the gall to address a judge unless I was seated at the defence or prosecution table. Cindy is such an avid controller that she had no problem with that at all. My first hint was at the bond hearing, when she became very argumentative with the SA.

I believe BC has convinced her to stay quiet, as her behaviour has not been helping KC, and that's what Cindy wants - KC out of there, and back under her control, at home, regardless of her guilt or innocence.

ETA: and I don't hate her. I observe her and draw my own conclusions, in relation to this case.

While I agree with many posters that Cindy has always been an enabler, I see her enabling as part of her control. Used when it suits her. Although we don't know the previous dynamics in this family for sure, I base my opinion of Cindy on the behaviours that I have seen. A prime example is her addressing the judge from the general seating area. I've spent many years in court as a victims' advocate, and would never have the gall to address a judge unless I was seated at the defence or prosecution table. Cindy is such an avid controller that she had no problem with that at all. My first hint was at the bond hearing, when she became very argumentative with the SA.

I believe BC has convinced her to stay quiet, as her behaviour has not been helping KC, and that's what Cindy wants - KC out of there, and back under her control, at home, regardless of her guilt or innocence.

ETA: and I don't hate her. I observe her and draw my own conclusions, in relation to this case.

What did you think about her attorney relaying "the family's request" that the judge rule in a way that would expedite discovery ? Surely most victim's familes don't believe they have a say so in something like that ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back