What's missing for Prosecution?

I would like the state to make it clear that the duct tape didn't need to cover both her nose and mouth in order for Caylee to die from it. Even if it only covered her mouth (so that Caylee couldn't make much noise if she woke up) when she woke up, she would have been scared and started crying.

She would suffocate within a couple of minutes by not being able to inhale enough air through her nose.

Terrified and all alone, in the dark while 'mommy' went to Blockbusters then watched a couple of movies with TL.

Does anyone know who the witness is who will arrive tomorrow? Did they indicate that this would be the only witness they have left to put on the stand?

I do not believe the state has proved without a reasonable doubt how she died, they have thrown chloroform out there and duct tape covering her mouth and nose out there. They have left us wondering exactly what she died from.

I don't think they have to prove how she died. I think that they just need to prove that ICA was responsible for her death beyond a reasonable doubt.

i want to see the trunk liner.. Picture..
for one thing.. the fact the it looks like caylee was in the fetal position.
to me that ..well it just gets me.. kids do that when scared or upset..
thats what makes me really wonder...

roy k. they dont need to call him.. the only important part to thier case was mentioned.. they will cross if dt calls him..

jesse g. .. I think he mite be a problem with him saying how he thinks ica would hide it if accident and all.. .. if dt calls him and he say that.. then after the sa can ask him what they need to..

I think they are very wise and are not bringin in the people that are or could be problems...

Oo and the fight with ica and ca.... isnt that lee told jesse that casey told him.. dont think that could have come in anyway...

besides.. remember its casey saying her mom choaked her.. since when do we believe anything that girl says.. lol

I think the sa has done wonderful and will end it well.

I'm surprised we have not heard from J Grund and the friend who said her and KC used to bury their pets with stickers in that same spot in the woods.

it was actually Kiomarie and Jessica who buried their pets there, not Casey, but Casey accompanied them a couple of times. (According to Kiomarie's statements.) The media turned this into "The remains were found in the area Casey had used as a pet cemetery for her pets as a child!" and repeated it for 2 years LOL

Plus the jury doesn't know how simple the recipe is. I think they need to know it has just a few ingredients and is not terribly difficult to make.

Respectfully --It's not easy to make at all. I think I've tried to explain this to you before, but I will try again. When you mix the ingredients for chloroform you get two separated liquids. You also get small bubbles on the very bottom of the container you mix it in. These bubbles are the chloroform. You have to get an eye dropper or similar to sit there and slowly syphon the chloroform off the bottom of the container, being very careful that it doesn't mix with those other two by-products. This process has to be done several times to get any appreciable amount of chloroform. Also this mixture has to be kept in an ice bath at a consistent temperature or the container will blow up. Do you really think, as lazy as KC is, that she would have sat there and done all this? She was way too busy running around town and partying. She would had to have been methodical and cautious in making chloroform.. she doesn't strike me as the methodical & cautious type.

but I know what you mean. There's so much we haven't seen presented. I wouldn't think the prosecution would want to bring Kiomarie or Jesse on the stand though, or Richard G. They wouldn't want to bring on anyone like Lauren who used to babysit Caylee, that would just show that Casey would look for a sitter if she wanted to go out. The other old friends said Casey would never harm Caylee, Lauren would most likely say the same.
I imagine they will stick to "timeline" issues and show the most horrible images they can come up with from the icons or something. And that's true, there's still the gatorade bottle and syringe to go. That one is a little tricky because of the unidentified Q107 hair that was found with them, and the traces of steroids in the syringe etc. But I could see them just putting their spin on it and leaving it at that and you know, that will be all that the news stories cover lol.

I couldn't believe they got away with that video creation they used where they superimposed the photo of Caylee's skull over a picture of Caylee WITH Casey. I was surprised they got to use it at all, but especially a photo that includes the defendant! LOL. that is just too much. Surely the jury recognized the prosecution was simply trying to create an image that puts Casey and the skull/duct tape in the same picture imo

I've always wondered about the photos from all those cameras, the disposable cameras found at the remains site and in the house and so on. Party pics are one thing, but could they possibly have anything really bad in the way of pictures--- we would have seen them by now though in discovery, wouldn't we? Plus, the rug from the back porch.....what else haven't we seen? Could there be any bombshells?

I have pondered what they have failed to bring to light in regards to evidence and such and really started to worry until I saw some other sleuthers posting about it and what they said made perfect sense......they have to hold some things with shock value close to the belt to bring out to stand out fresh in the minds of jurors when deliberations begin. MOO is that they need to keep things to come back at the defense with and I have a hunch that we'll be seeing some pretty shocking things out of the state....at least I hope so!:waitasec:

I hope and pray you are correct in your assessment.

I agree, I don't think they would want to bring on Roy K either. They would want to keep that super simple and just act like he simply called 911 in Dec, no more than that.

the only bad pictures I ever saw come out were just that gross picture of a guy's rear end and that airbrushed artwork thing of a sexual nature that looked like it might have used part of a photo of Casey for the eyes and half of the face....but what ever happened to those disposable cameras? And what pictures did LE show George that made him sick? Well, maybe just that one arwork thing, maybe George thought it was really Casey. I still wonder who created that thing.

As Prosecution winds down, are there any thoughts as to what of importance has so far been left out or not mentioned yet?

I can think of quite a number of 'stand-out' events, non-events, videos, conversations, behaviors of ICA, interviews, etc., which in my opinion, should be brought to light.

I have complete confidence in SA, but am beginning to feel a little uneasy that there may be a few things 'missing' so far.

I'll start with a hypothetical:

IF there was a drowning:

~GA would have instantly called 911.
~GA would NOT have gone to work that day.
~GA would have very quickly dismantled the swimming pool.
~GA and CA would NOT have continued living in that house.

YOUR thoughts?

How is the SA supposed to present that GA would call 911? Or that he would not have gone to work? Or that he would have dismantled the pool?

They have no way to show evidence of what GA would have done....Although I guess they could ask him ........

"Hypothetically, Mr. Anthony, since you already stated you weren't there when Caylee died, but if you found your beloved granddaughter floating in the pool, would you call 911 or throw her in the woods?"

No way to present what George would have done, because even George doesn't know for sure, because he wasn't there.

I don't think the state would want to bring Zenaida C. G. on the stand.

Just having the police tell the stories about how Casey told these "lies" was probably sufficient. It was interesting though when Det. YM admitted they never did have video from the complex like they'd said (they had insisted to Casey that video from Sawgrass didn't show her there on the day she'd said.) I think that was the one new thing I saw in the trial so far! That's how well everything has been covered here at WS lol. (Besides the defense's opening argument. That was new.)

Tommorrow the state is calling thier last witness and from the coverage I have seen it will be a Botanist; so why hasn't the state caled Dominique Casey or Hoover to the stand? Why haven't they shown the video that Hoover made and the comments that if they find the body not to call police. Why did they not call Tracy to talk about Caseys demeener after she was out on bail or Tim Miller showing how she wouldn't help them search, or what about the jail video of the day the bones were found and it wasn't known yet that it was Cayee....
Why are they leaving so much important stuff out like the jail house letters where she claims when she is released she would go find Caylee, and why was it not brought up that when Casey was released on bond she wanted to go look for Caylee alone (that would be the nail in her coffin right there) or the fact that one of her lawyers had wrote to the state asking them to take the death penalty off the table because if something happened to Caylee it was clearly an accidental overdose........The state is leaving so much out and I wanna know why :banghead:

crap I just made a thread just like this one I hope the mods will merge them... Sorry!!

If a botanist shows up tomorrow IF I WAS A JUROR... I would be insulted. I personally wouldn't need "expert testimony" to tell me what I can clearly see with my own eyes.
I hope I am wrong, but I think it just might be a botanist. If it is...epic.fail.for.the.state
MOO

Tommorrow the state is calling thier last witness and from the coverage I have seen it will be a Botanist; so why hasn't the state caled Dominique Casey or Hoover to the stand? Why haven't they shown the video that Hoover made and the comments that if they find the body not to call police. Why did they not call Tracy to talk about Caseys demeener after she was out on bail or Tim Miller showing how she wouldn't help them search, or what about the jail video of the day the bones were found and it wasn't known yet that it was Cayee....
Why are they leaving so much important stuff out like the jail house letters where she claims when she is released she would go find Caylee, and why was it not brought up that when Casey was released on bond she wanted to go look for Caylee alone (that would be the nail in her coffin right there) or the fact that one of her lawyers had wrote to the state asking them to take the death penalty off the table because if something happened to Caylee it was clearly an accidental overdose........The state is leaving so much out and I wanna know why :banghead:

I'm no expert on such things but I do believe the SA are ending now as more of a strategical move than anything else. They can call TM, DC, Tattoo guy, as the defense presents it's case. The jury will be listening to whatever the DT put to them and then BAM in your face the SA rebutt the DTs case, witness by witness.

I don't think the jurors will be insulted at all. The members of the prosecution have been trying murder cases for many years. I won't presume to know how to do their job better than they know how to do it. I'm sure there is a very good reason for every piece of evidence and every witness they have brought in, and likewise for those they have not.

I don't think the jurors will be insulted at all. The members of the prosecution have been trying murder cases for many years. I won't presume to know how to do their job better than they know how to do it. I'm sure there is a very good reason for every piece of evidence and every witness they have brought in, and likewise for those they have not.

IMO the state has already proven the length of time Caylee was in the woods. OR disproven RK ever moved the remains.
At this point its redundant testimony.

but I am a nurse.
Not a chemist. lol

I'm no expert on such things but I do believe the SA are ending now as more of a strategical move than anything else. They can call TM, DC, Tattoo guy, as the defense presents it's case. The jury will be listening to whatever the DT put to them and then BAM in your face the SA rebutt the DTs case, witness by witness.

I think if they called Dominic Casey they might be opening up a line of questioning for the defense..It was obvious CA was telling DC where to go to look for little Caylees body and it would bolster the defense's claim that GA hid the body! Kiomarie and Jesse Grund sold their stories to the rag papers and that would look bad. I don't think JB will bring them up to the stand anyway since he did not bring their names up in the opening statements. I don't know if the tattoo would matter much anyway. I think JB started his opening defense with his foot in his mouth regarding RK and the drowning and the trial will end the same way..But that's JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back