When Did the Anthony Family Know Caylee was Gone?

But in his first interview with Yuri and JA, he goes to them voluntarily and he does not speak well of KC at all. He changes later on and his reason for it -he says' is that Yuri and JA were not receptive to any of the information he was giving them and that they were only interested in information that implicated KC.

Even in his statement made on July 16th, it is NOT favorable to KC at all. In his first telephone call with KC in jail, he is not favorable with her.

I think he saw his mother falling apart and wanted to help her and transferred his rage to Yuri and JA - letting him use this as a reason to believe that KC is innocent.

In his interview with the prosecutors, he says he kept out of the day to day stuff with the family and the pregnancy. Yet George says he was very upset that KC lied to him about the pregnancy.

The whole family lies.

He did seem to side with his parents at first, even went on a cruise with them. But then there's the 911 hearing when he told Casey he loved her, was snide to LDB, and wore terrible looking clothes to court. Was that to impress Casey or was he just po'ed at LE and the court system in general? And let's not forget the whole CMA speech at Caylee's memorial. We know that wasn't to Caylee.

So who's side is he on? Definitely not Caylee's. It also troubles me that Casey's pregnancy was a day to day thing he ignored. Since when is pregnancy something to be ignored? I just don't get him.

Semi O/T, but in response to above postings about Anthony family dynamics/behaviors:

I still can't believe, after all this time, we don't know who Caylee's biological father is with 100% certainty. I can't help but suspect that the answer to that question would shed light on to all these other crazy things we're speculating about.

I agree with the other posters who say that Cindy "knew" as she was making that third 911 call. Everything seemed to fall into place in that window of time: the decomp smell, the abandoned car, Casey acting too casual for a woman whose child was supposedly abducted, the lies, the stolen money, Amy's revelations, the 31 days... All the pieces fit.

I think GA/CA knew something horrible had happened when they picked up that car. After CA tracks down Casey and Casey refuses to take CA to Caylee...Cindy knew...she had to have known then. That was why she rightly called the police. I mean as soon as GA/CA find Casey and no Caylee and Casey isn't telling them anything remotely plausible about the smell in the trunk (meaning that it was a body just not Caylee's) then game over. You have to know. Even if your heart and mind is totally shattered.

BBM

I agree that it is especially interesting that during the interrogation by Lee and Cindy, which has been described in detail by both of them repeatedly, neither of them asked her about the smell in the car.

I have to assume that that was a question they really didn't want an answer to. Even though, as mentioned above, the smell had to have been a huge presence looming over the whole nightmarish scenerio.

I know that Casey had spoken of it to Amy. I don't remember, for sure, if Amy and Cindy discussed it during their conversation on the way to find Casey, but I don't think so.

Ah, the million-dollar-question!! I believe that George knew that Caylee was deceased when he was walking back to the trunk of Casey's car praying that it was not "his Caylee." I believe the scene of Casey throwing the gas cans in his face came rushing back to him and not allowing him near her trunk, he knew!

Cindy had "thought" about it before making any 911 calls. She even asked George, basically begging him, to tell her that the smell came from the pizza. I believe Cindy KNEW Casey had killed Caylee by the third 911 call.

I think it is also interesting that both Cindy and George went into the backyard and searched it for Caylee. We know the cadaver dogs hit on, I believe, two places in the backyard. My thinking is that Cindy and George's backyard smelled of decomposition shortly after June 16th, 2008. I believe they searched it because they matched what they had smelled in mid-June to what the smelled in Casey's trunk.

I believe Cindy knew where Caylee's body was by November 2008. Before DC went out into those woods and searched because I believe she sent him out there... and not to look at some old teenage hangout because the hangout was behind the school on the opposite side of the road. DC also made no mention of any psychic telling him to slash into black trash bags... so who told him that Caylee would be in a black trash bag?

I don't think George knew about the DC search until after Caylee's remains were found. Cindy seems to have kept a lot of things from George when it came to her and DC's plotting.

I have two opinions on how Cindy came to find out that Caylee was out in those woods...

First, my opinion is, that Casey never believed that she was going to be indicted without a body. When she was indicted, I believe that she thought she could use the location of the body to get a lighter sentence and claim it was an accident. Big problem, she put duct tape around Caylee's airwaves and she could not allow LE to find her that way. I believe that she told JB that it was an accident. I believe she told them that she panicked and put the duct tape around Caylee's airwaves to make it look like a kidnapping and that she couldn't let LE find her that way. I believe JB sat down with Cindy, with Casey's permission and possibly a note from Casey herself, explaining that it was a tragic accident, but that Casey needed her help. I believe that is when Cindy sent DC out to the woods on Suburban Drive and when he found her... he was to call JOSE! I believe DC's job was going to be to remove any evidence that pointed to Caylee actually being murdered.

My second opinion is a lot like the first one, but I believe that Casey was paranoid with all the searches going on, and knew that someone would eventually find Caylee and she would be D-O-N-E. I believe Cindy was told that it was a tragic accident that got out of hand and that Casey really needed her help. Cindy sends DC out into those woods to search for Caylee and when he found her... he was to call JOSE and then he would be given instructions on how to dispose of Caylee. Or collect her and bring her to a secret location where they would all decide on a respectable way to dispose of Caylee's remains. This is the one I believe most likely happened.

I am so happy that DC never did find her!

I don't want to stray too off topic but I recall in letters from mallory and cindy (don't know how much stock you want to put in their words..) telling KC that lee locked himself in his room a lot, ignoring the situation and he couldn't even bear to talk about Caylee or KC.

It never appeared that he had any attachment to Caylee in her short time on earth, so I'm guessing it's his poor little unfairly persecuted sister that he can't bear to talk about.

Most find lee to be an enigma of some sort. I personally think he's mentally handicap due to the dysfunction he was raised in. No mystery there.

BBM

I agree with this and always felt this was the case. I think Casey told her parents it was an accident - and that Caylee died as a result of accident and because of her FEAR of CINDY she made up the story to LE and I believe she made Cindy feel like it was her fault. Like casey did not want to disappoint her mother. I think it was decided then as a family that they would try to find the body before LE to save Casey. They never found the body in time.

Mendara,. I considered this a long time ago myself, that Casey actually might have made up some yarn about an accident and told her parents the baby was dead. But as time went on, I realized she was just too much of a Malignant Narcissist, for one, but really she cared about no one except herself, especially she did not care about Caylee. I believe Caylee died because Cindy finally had had enough, with the lies, the money, the lack of responsibility , on and on, and I think part of that Father’s day argument was about Cindy taking Caylee, and raising her, because she really had discovered that she might not be safe with Casey . If that makes any sense.

BBM

I agree that it is especially interesting that during the interrogation by Lee and Cindy, which has been described in detail by both of them repeatedly, neither of them asked her about the smell in the car.

I have to assume that that was a question they really didn't want an answer to. Even though, as mentioned above, the smell had to have been a huge presence looming over the whole nightmarish scenerio.

I know that Casey had spoken of it to Amy. I don't remember, for sure, if Amy and Cindy discussed it during their conversation on the way to find Casey, but I don't think so.

cindy indeed spoke to Amy about the smell of the car while they were on their way to find KC. She told her it smelled like something had died.

During the 911 hearing, cindy blatantly lied about NOT ever speaking with KC about the smell in the car too. She was adamant that she didn't, but Amy was witness to cindy scolding KC on the way to drop off Amy and stated that the car smelled like s**t. I somehow doubt that the A's never confronted KC about the giant decomposing pink elephant in the room on July 15th.

BBM

I agree with this and always felt this was the case. I think Casey told her parents it was an accident - and that Caylee died as a result of accident and because of her FEAR of CINDY she made up the story to LE and I believe she made Cindy feel like it was her fault. Like casey did not want to disappoint her mother. I think it was decided then as a family that they would try to find the body before LE to save Casey. They never found the body in time.

Mendara,. I considered this a long time ago myself, that Casey actually might have made up some yarn about an accident and told her parents the baby was dead. But as time went on, I realized she was just too much of a Malignant Narcissist, for one, but really she cared about no one except herself, especially she did not care about Caylee. I believe Caylee died because Cindy finally had had enough, with the lies, the money, the lack of responsibility , on and on, and I think part of that Father’s day argument was about Cindy taking Caylee, and raising her, because she really had discovered that she might not be safe with Casey . If that makes any sense.

I dont know about that. Why then did George have an argument with KC when she was out on bond (this was heard by several of Leonard's people). He physically went after her and said tell me where my granddaughter is and KC said stop acting like a ##$%%ing cop and act like a father and George was told to leave and he did.

His friend told one of Leonard's people that "that ***** knows where she is, but she isn't talking".

I don't think KC admitted anything. She is a sociopath and believes if you didn't see me do it, you can't prove it. Strictly a sociopath. And also she absolutely hates Cindy and would not, imo, tell her anything. This was a rage killing, imo, born out of jealousy of Caylee and hatred for her mother. Also, I think she did not want the responsibilty and Tony Lazzaro had told her he did not want "girls as they make for an ugly child".

My thoughts are that George was on to Casey and her worthlessness, waaaaay back when he figured out she really did not have a job. But he had no say and no value in that family, and if he wanted to stay, he had to put up and shut up. He did however know the minute he approached the car in the tow parking lot, that there had been a dead body in it, and whose it was. He said as much in his very early questioning. By the time the car got home they both knew. Can you imagine what they must have been going through??? That was the turning point . . . when Caylee was truly gone to them and Casey now needed the full front cover up . . .the big Con began with the cleaning of the car and destruction of evidence that day.

My thoughts are that George was on to Casey and her worthlessness, waaaaay back when he figured out she really did not have a job. But he had no say and no value in that family, and if he wanted to stay, he had to put up and shut up. He did however know the minute he approached the car in the tow parking lot, that there had been a dead body in it, and whose it was. He said as much in his very early questioning. By the time the car got home they both knew. Can you imagine what they must have been going through??? That was the turning point . . . when Caylee was truly gone to them and Casey now needed the full front cover up . . .the big Con began with the cleaning of the car and destruction of evidence that day.

Yep, and I can see Cindy saying "You should talk" KC is following in your footsteps.

I don't believe any of the Anthony's are in any state of denial. Their actions are of a consistent, conscious and concerted effort to avoid their public admittance of the circumstances of Caylee's murder that they project to the public. Not that they are floating down that river of denial.

Narcissism, they all have it and proudly wear their badges well.

Believe they knew from the 16th of June 08.

I can't imagine Cindy didn't at least get some sort of admission from KC during the time she was so inappropriately on house arrest (spending 8 hour days at Baez office to sell pictures of her victim).

I think George knew almost straight away, suspected it at the car lot, hoped for the best after for awhile, but knew Caylee was gone by the time Casey left with LE the morning of the 16th when he asked LE to call him if anything changed (by which he meant 'call me if you are going to put her under arrest'). I think Cindy stayed in denial for a little while, couple of days perhaps, but was in cover-up mode within the week. So she probably knew but the 17th/18th IMO. Also she was living with George who knew and he would have been honest with her as he tried to deal with what had happened too, I think people 'reality checked' Cindy a number of times but I do not believe she was in actual denial anymore either. It suits her image and the image she created of her family to act as if Caylee was a missing child when we know she was not. It was also a situation she could run at a profit sick as that is.

Although I'm sure she suspected, I don't think CA actually knew that Caylee was gone until sometime after the 911 calls - if she had known earlier, she would never have made those calls. They would have concocted some story to tell family and friends about Caylee being given up for adoption - end of story.

Even when she did know, I think she clung to an 'accident' scenario, whether KC told her so, or she guessed. The duct tape must have come as a huge shock to her.

Although I'm sure she suspected, I don't think CA actually knew that Caylee was gone until sometime after the 911 calls - if she had known earlier, she would never have made those calls. They would have concocted some story to tell family and friends about Caylee being given up for adoption - end of story.

Even when she did know, I think she clung to an 'accident' scenario, whether KC told her so, or she guessed. The duct tape must have come as a huge shock to her.

Agree and I think this is when she really moved over to someone else did it IF it is true.

I am not sure quite when it hit them but when George and Cindy looked under the playhouse for Caylee.... b4 LE searched the backyard, they knew.

Good Morning Everyone !
Ah, I am excited to see this thread topic. If we had Cindy's text msg's to Casey we'd know a bit more on their convo's in June. Boy I wish we had those ! If you remember back when investigators took Sindy's phone, she asked them if they could get everything off her phone, and she seemed a bit concerned as to what they could pull off of it. ( red flag to me)
Before the first 911 call we know that Cindy had spoke with Casey before they got the car at amscot, or just right after. ( I believe in the 911 hearing L.D.B was trying to establish this in her way of questioning) Casey supposedly told Sindy that Caylee was with zanny. ( cough cough). ( We only know what Casey said to her because Cindy said its what she said)
We know that G/C both knew the car was the tow yard before Sindy spoke w/ Casey too. The flurry of calls from the house starting the weekend the car was at amscot, is very suspicious to me. ( Why?) Because Sindy took June 27th off for "matters to be handled at home". according to her boss. This is when she also began another vacation for the July 4th holiday. I certainly do believe they all knew Caylee was gone for many reasons. This being one of them. We also have the new cement being poured, we have a dedicated employee suddenly taking off work, Casey was home that morning of June 27th before she dumped the car at amscot, and Tony picked her up with frozen food from home. ( connection).
George would have been home too, because he worked afternoons. Then we have the alleged gas can incident report on June 24th. Why wouldn't G's first instinct be " damn you Casey" ? After discovering the shed broke into ( she didnt have a key), and they knew she had no money. ( it states that in the Sindy's myspace...).

Did they know ??? you bet they did. All in my opinion of course.

Scamperoo,

Thanks for that reminder about Cindy mentioning ( probably subconsciously) about the woods. Sending Dominick Casey down there in November, was probably our best clue that she suspected that's where the baby was. He was really close too. I have no doubt that if he did actually find the remains, they would have taken them. Evil to the core. MOO

This is the key and this would definitely answer the thread question. This was more than just a suspicion, because someone gave DC specific clues about the area. While the whole area is smaller in real-life than I had ever pictured it before I went by there, it is still a large area to hide a body. "The woods" could encompass that whole patch of forest. But DC looked nearly exactly where KC had been/where Caylee was.
If I were DC and I had been working solely on a "hunch," I would not assume KC put the body where she did, because there is a house right there, and the house is raised enough that the homeowner can see over the fence clearly. I woukld assume KC was down further, or that she used a pathway to get deeper into the woods.
Nope, whoever told DC knew exactly where to look and what to look for. Now, what we have to determine is how they knew. No disrepect intended, but I don't believe in psychic abilities that are not based in real fact or memory, especially not from a chick that lives in Mechanicsville, Va. (You might have to be a Virginian to understand why I would doubt the wits of anyone from Mechanicsville :) )
I also don't think KC told her mother or her father, or Lee for that matter. So, I suppose I have to give some thought as to how the A's would have figured this out without KC's input. Had they made a trip down there at night? Do they walk their dogs (aside from letting them out in their backyard), and if so, do they walk them down there? Did DC keep mentioning Kio because one of the A's had a strong hunch about what Kio was saying? How did they know about the pavers? Have to noodle this one...

In Casey's mind, when you put Zenaida and Gonzalez together it equals= Zenaida Gonzales. So Zenaida Gonzalez did have Caylee, and when Caylee was sleeping at Zanny's she was really dead in the woods on the properties of Zenaida and Gonzalez. Lee isn't that stupid, he's just good at playing it. Casey-

Look in places we are familiar, talk to mom. ( They knew)

Good thread, celticthyme!

I think George knew Caylee was dead when he smelled the car the afternoon of the 15th. If not at that moment, then surely he put 2 and 2 together when he got home from work that night to find LE crawling all over the house, KC babbling about a nanny, his wife hysterical, and his son trying on Sherlock Holmes caps.

Cindy knew Caylee was dead when she made the third 911 call, IMO.

I've always assumed they both figured out where the body was just before the (I think November?) interview where CA was so doped up she couldn't keep her eyes open. Am interested in other folks' views on all this, and thanks again celtic.

Ynot...I'll piggy back your thoughts but add in...When the tests from the pontiacs trunk came back, mid August...Evidence suggested an allegedly human decomp event took place in that trunk and laid there for 2.6 days...they knew absolutely by then but started in with the false Caylee sightings soon after...up until that November silent interview...it's then it could have been absolute, for them....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back