When/how to start a new thread, information please.

Tygrrkttn

Reaction score
Hello,
I’ve researched here and not found information on when it’s “allowed” to start a post on a missing/runaway child. I’m not directly tied to this child (14 year old female) in any way, she came to my attention via social media. I’ve been a member here for awhile and a “lurker” quite some time before that and have always been very impressed by the resources and abilities this group can bring to bear on a situation. May I start a post on this child now or is there length of time she must be missing first (since 7/29/19) currently or a certain legal standing the situation must have first (the police are saying she’s a runaway, family says likely abduction)?
Thanks all,
Beth

IIRC, linking to an article in main stream media, a police/LE report including LE Facebook page, link to a state's Missing page, etc, is needed to start a thread.

YMMV

Ive messaged several people but nobody answered me…
The first post in the following link, gives some steps to starting a thread

Even though it’s titled how to start a cold case thread, the steps are applicable to starting any thread in any forum

It’s a place to start:)

How to start a Cold Case thread | Websleuths
How to start a Cold Case thread

Welcome to Websleuths, @PrincessLaLa91 !

Remember to include a link to an LE report or main stream media article in your first post.

NAMUS, DOE Network, Charley Project are OK, too, but there must be an appropriate link in the opening post.

Read thread titles -- try to include location, date, and the name or UID remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back