When will the investigation resume?

The only evidence of criminal action I have seen by any of them is lying to LE. That hardly makes them any danger to society at large.

I agree with you, Lanie. It's not like they're a bunch of dangerous felons but think of it from a Tort lawyers perspective. The SA's office has completed their OJ investigation against the A's, LL is feeling misty since it's xmas and Caylee has not been laid to rest yet and he decides to wait until after the memorial to arrest them because he want to give them a chance to publicly say goodbye. Let's say that during the waiting time, Lee gets into it with a protester and beats him to death on the A's front lawn in front of GR's camera crew (who manages to get every bit of it on tape). Now the family member of the dead guy gets a call from Jeffery Feiger up here in MI. Mr. Feiger suggests to the family that perhaps if Lee had been arrested on the OJ charges that he would have been in jail and would have not beating your husband/father/bread winner to death. As NG would say...."Unleash the lawsuit"

I agree with you, Lanie. It's not like they're a bunch of dangerous felons but think of it from a Tort lawyers perspective. The SA's office has completed their OJ investigation against the A's, LL is feeling misty since it's xmas and Caylee has not been laid to rest yet and he decides to wait until after the memorial to arrest them because he want to give them a chance to publicly say goodbye. Let's say that during the waiting time, Lee gets into it with a protester and beats him to death on the A's front lawn in front of GR's camera crew (who manages to get every bit of it on tape). Now the family member of the dead guy gets a call from Jeffery Feiger up here in MI. Mr. Feiger suggests to the family that perhaps if Lee had been arrested on the OJ charges that he would have been in jail and would have not beating your husband/father/bread winner to death. As NG would say...."Unleash the lawsuit"

I don't know the SA office has completed their investigation. You have to know what actually happened to know what was lied about. Also, I don't think LE would wait until after a funeral to arrest someone, I was more leaning towards them waiting until afterwards to question them again, and give them the opportunity to tell the truth. Just because someone lies to LE doesn't mean LE has to arrest them. It just means they can.
Lanie
Edited to add:
Using your example above, even if Lee were arrested on OJ charges, he could still make bail and be out in plenty of time to beat a protestor to death. I don't think the lawsuit would have much merit, but civil juries are very unpredictable.

If LE was going to arrest any of the Anthony's it would have already been done. Their first job is to uphold the law, not to feel sorry for someone and give them time to grieve. I personally don't think any charges are coming, unless they decide that the next time they question the Anthony's they feel they are lying to them, then, maybe but now, I don't think so.
I am a huge supporter of LE, but would be highly disappointed knowing that they gave this family a chance to grieve before they upheld the law.

Very well said.LE have arrested people at funerals,if you have broken the law you get charged and arrested.They do not wait for anyone to grieve.

Remember there's always someone that 1st in their law class and always someone that's last. Both of them get to sit for the Bar and if they pass their both lawyers. I'm sure after this case is over Mr. Luka will go back to his normal DUI and speeding ticket cases.

:D I love this post! :D

If LE intended to arrest anyone it would have already happened. I believe to threat of arrest is simply a scare tactic to obtain compliance form the Ants as well as to stem the theatrics and accusations that were coming from the fam prior to the discovery of the body during the media interviews they were giving. MOO

Arrest them for what? If there were any arrests pending, they wouldn't have waited this long. Whatever the Anthonys have done to cover up, was done a long time ago, they would have already arrested/charged them by now.
Every time this question is asked on HLN, whoever they ask always says they have talked to OCSO and the answer is "there are no plans for arresting or charging the Anthonys for any crime in the near future." I think that is self-explanatory.
I have not read or seen anything that would constitute an actual crime any of them have committed, other than believing the lies that Casey told them, and changing their stories to the media, and since the media is good at changing stories themselves, then maybe some of them should be arrested.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Don't forget there were federal investigators involved here. What OCSO plans to do and what the FBI plans may be two different things. I have never heard that the FBI said there will be no charges at this or any time.

That's what I was going to say. It's not against the law to lie to the cops, but it is to lie to the feds and they have said nothing yet.

Good question, here's another...if this trial does happen for another year will we continue to get "doc dumps" per Sunshine Law clear up until the trial??? Or at least until everything is released???

That's what I was going to say. It's not against the law to lie to the cops, but it is to lie to the feds and they have said nothing yet.

What? Didn't Casey get arrested for giving false statements to LE? I believe it is against the law to lie to police, city, county, state or federal.
Lanie

If laws were broken, charges should be placed. This case has such huge exposure, largely in part to the A's activities. We need to demonstrate that our justice system is just - fair and compassionate - but above all, just.

If laws were broken, charges should be placed. This case has such huge exposure, largely in part to the A's activities. We need to demonstrate that our justice system is just - fair and compassionate - but above all, just.

Great statement, Shaymus!

**I wonder if we will find out whose fingerprints was found on the duct tape? (if any were found) That is what I would like to know most of all now.

What? Didn't Casey get arrested for giving false statements to LE? I believe it is against the law to lie to police, city, county, state or federal.
Lanie

she did. on 4 counts. have a look at her charges again.

Don't forget there were federal investigators involved here. What OCSO plans to do and what the FBI plans may be two different things. I have never heard that the FBI said there will be no charges at this or any time.
For some reason it seems posters are forgetting the FBI is involved in this case. They haven't just laid down after siffting through so much dirt. Case is still ongoing.

There was no reason to arrest anyone immediately, the A's aren't going anywhere and I think it is perfectly fine to wait until the service/burial of Caylee. Why not?

If the lawyers are concerned about immunity before being questioned again and resolving their respective clients' inconsistencies, they have good reason for their concern. Luka brought up "charges", not LE. All LE said is that LA's issue is seperate from KC's case and "he knows what he's done".

Whatever that means. I think there will be more to come involving the A's. LE is not quite finished with them yet. JMHO

For some reason it seems posters are forgetting the FBI is involved in this case. They haven't just laid down after siffting through so much dirt. Case is still ongoing.

Yes it is. I for one am very curious about the outcome of their investigations. I have a feeling that the Anthony lawyers should be too.

That cookie ain't gonna crumble. However I think Lee is sweating bullets. He is no where near as tuff a his sister even if he does like to think he is.

He does appear to be coming unglued and I really think that he's afraid. Gosh knows his attorney says often enough that he'll probably be charged. Of course, that might be the attorney trying to squeeze some more money out of him. I shouldn't have said that, but I do know that some of the unethical ones do work like that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back