WHEN will this case end!?

Trial will start roughly 2 years & 10 months after her death

Factor in that SAO had stated it expected to take about 6 wks to present their case & JB said 3 wks for defense & add another week for penalty phase and trial will end roughly 2 1/2 months after it starts (late July to early Aug 2011)

If my math is correct

KC will be sentenced roughly 2 years & 10 months after being indicted

Is that ironic or is that justice?

I think you misread my post...
not expecting sentencing to be 2yrs 10 mos after Caylee's death (when trial starts in early to mid May 2011)
but sentencing roughly 2yrs 10 mos after KC was indicted for her death which was on 10/14/08 (which would put sentencing late July to early Aug 2011)

This is the case that never ends
it goes on and on my friend
Baez starting trying it not knowing what it was
and he'll continue trying it forever just because

This is the case that never ends...

I used to drive my kids nutz singing the original version of this song non-stop when they were little.

I think I will try this version out on them now that it is stuck in my head for the day, thank you very much..:crazy:

I don't look for a plea deal to end it. Too much water beneath the bridge by now. While Caylee was still missing the SA took the DP off the table and a letter from JB to the SA was publicized, and it indicated that JB may have been seeking a plea. But he was pointing at a possible accidental death. So it appeared that negotiations may have been in progress.

But within days of the letter hitting the media, Caylee's remains were found. There was duct tape that appeared to be over the mouth region. And the DP went back on the table.

JB has hinted at all kinds of nasty shenanigans toward the SA, the LE and the jail and I think some judges. And against private citizens.

JB has sought and spent a large sum of public money for a "defense" for KC. And has gone back for more. So a large part of the trial expenses have already been spent.

So in looking at the total, I don't expect that there will be any plea allowed, unless by some slight chance they allowed her to plead to LWOP. And I don't expect that she will agree to that. And I think that even the SA might be reluctant to agree to a plea, simply because the only way to fight the accusations of the defense against everyone else in the world is to take it to court and let the truth come out.

It's a deal breaker I bet HF. Well that and the fact the entire case is in disarray.

Totally OT but why does JB stand up for everything, everytime someone responds to anything? Anyone?

Cause he's not paying attention and thinks maybe it's his turn to talk. Either that or his new suit wrinkles more than he likes and he wants to keep the just pressed look.

Ok just reading in another thread and one point was brought up that I had considered, but not in relation to this question.

I said I didn't expect a plea deal. But I can see a plea deal in one set of conditions. If the defense appears to have done so much damage to the case, that it is pretty sure that the case possibly could be sent back to trial due to ineffective counsel or their actions, then the state might consider a plea deal. For the simple reason that if she pleads guilty she doesn't have an appeal.

But I think the SA will probably hold out for a very stiff plea. And I am not real sure that JB will be able to recognize if he is sure to lose the case and may not recommend accepting the stiff terms. Unless of course the money issues get real bad. Then he may be more likely to recommend the stiff plea deal.

Post of the Month!!!! LMAO!!

Seriously though. :innocent:
I think it's going to end earlier than we think. Today was monuentally different than any other status hearing I've watched before. I was numb afterwards and couldn't even come here to post and celebrate all the wins Caylee made today. :)woohoo:)
Something is in the air and it was visible on everyones face.

CA and George both looked defeated and haggard. I didn't see ICA arrive and be all animated talking to MC but I did see her pretending to be a lawyer at the onset, reading briefs and commenting like she has a real clue. Shortly after her boy Baez started his disjointed argument though, I noticed she became very still, devoid of all affect. If she didn't blink I would have thought it was a freeze frame for most of the hearing. Kudos to whoever is coaching her or prescribing her meds. The effect on the affect is notable and her posture is great.

I believe that the A's and ICA have had a recent revelation that this is all real and not going away. I believe LKB may have spoken frankly with them prior to her departure regarding the reasons she was running for the hills. I'm sure AL gave them a similar talk but it didn't sink in then. It has now IMHO.

I predict AF will quit citing financial reasons rather than prepare a lengthy report and that there will be plea talk before the end of the year. I base this on the belief that all the most damming evidence has been sealed to protect KC's right to a fair trial and her life.

We aren't allowed to discuss her appearance so I won't but from what I see, the death sentence has already been imposed. Her body may still be warm, but she's half dead and will be fully gone by May. Thank goodness HHJBP had the wisdom and empathy to issue the defense their Psych hour allowance right there in the presence of JAC.

Brilliant post - thanks Karn. Like you I am still stunned by absorbing all the information going on at yesterday's hearing. So many many undercurrents that we haven't seen before.

I don't know who has had the conversation with George and Cindy - but it looked like someone shoveled a truckload of truth their way. The closest I've seen Cindy look like that was during the November video when she was almost comatose. Maybe it was LBaden or maybe it was the newbie Finnell, but someone got through to them.

Baez was "different", ICA was "different" as was their interaction or lack of it, and George and Cindy - well it looks to me they have accepted the fact ICA is guilty. What I'm curious to see is at what point they become angry at her for killing little Caylee. Because there has always been a huge "disconnect" between Caylee being dead and who her killer was. I think it will be brutal to watch when they accept both issues.

And expecting a hailstorm here - but I don't buy that Cindy will go to her own death defending ICA - not after seeing her face and the shame/grief she was exhibiting yesterday.

I've been puzzling over the attitudes that seem to be there prior to the hearing beginning yesterday. And you may be right. Prior to the hearing, maybe JB did have a meeting with them and talked about the likelyhood of losing a trial. And the money running out. And the (unlikely) likelyhood that the state was going to advance more money for investigation and experts. (Not his fault, state won't give money for an adequate defense, not enough time, not enough help) Maybe he broached going to the SA for attempts at negotiation on a plea deal. And considering how everyone reacted, maybe they even regretfully agreed.

It's a deal breaker I bet HF. Well that and the fact the entire case is in disarray.

Totally OT but why does JB stand up for everything, everytime someone responds to anything? Anyone?

Haha!! I noticed him doing that, too!! It's almost like he's afraid he will miss something; gotta be ready just in case he wants to stick his nose in and say something.....

I'm just waiting for the when when the Judge says "Is there anything else mr. baez?" and JB actually says "No Your Honor."

I also agree with the rest of you all that said there was a different air in that room yesterday. It was very thick in there and people weren't looking too healthy.
imo

I think the trial will end as soon as they start picking the Jury.

I don't believe there will be a trial, (although i really really really) want to see one!

Have a feeling Casey will plead no contest, saying that she won't get a fair trial, and doesn't want to face the needle.

Someone else did just that, the day before the trial was set to start.

http://www.wave3.com/story/13324748/cecil-new-pleads-guilty-in-4-year-olds-murder

Even though he now pleads guilty there was a Defense Atty (not his) on the news that night making excuses for him- he had been refused a change of venue so the gist of his argument was that it was impossible to get an unbiased Jury so he (New) just felt persecuted and gave up! :banghead:
No telling what JB et al will do, it's all just a game to these defense people, anything to drag it out for years, just as we're expecting in this case.

When will it end? Let's see, with the trial sometime next year. Presuming that she is found guilty, she has the right to appeals if she can find grounds. If she cannot get out on appeals and doesn't get LWOP there is always parole hearings. If she is sentenced to the death penalty, she gets even more appeals. Those run approx 10 years. So a good guess would be approx 11+ years from now.

That is if she lasts that long. She's not looking too good after 2 years in jail...imagine what prison will do to her.

Brilliant post - thanks Karn. Like you I am still stunned by absorbing all the information going on at yesterday's hearing. So many many undercurrents that we haven't seen before.

I don't know who has had the conversation with George and Cindy - but it looked like someone shoveled a truckload of truth their way. The closest I've seen Cindy look like that was during the November video when she was almost comatose. Maybe it was LBaden or maybe it was the newbie Finnell, but someone got through to them.

Baez was "different", ICA was "different" as was their interaction or lack of it, and George and Cindy - well it looks to me they have accepted the fact ICA is guilty. What I'm curious to see is at what point they become angry at her for killing little Caylee. Because there has always been a huge "disconnect" between Caylee being dead and who her killer was. I think it will be brutal to watch when they accept both issues.

And expecting a hailstorm here - but I don't buy that Cindy will go to her own death defending ICA - not after seeing her face and the shame/grief she was exhibiting yesterday.

I didn't see the hearing...are there any pix of the A's from the hearing?

IMO, after the guilty verdict, there will be a plea b4 sentencing if that can be done. Per my earlier opinion about ineffective counsel, I think if it is appealed on that ground there will also be a plea instead of starting all over.

I really can't see Casey doing a plea deal. she would have to tell EXACTLY everything that happened to Caylee and we all know that she is going to lie anyways.

I see this going straight to trial.

Is a plea deal even possible anymore? I don't think this SA is willing to offer her that chance again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back