Where is Terri Horman?

It is hard to psychoanalyze a person who has never said a word publicly. Even a professional would have to guess with so many unknowns in place.

"People who are overly narcissistic commonly feel rejected, humiliated and threatened when criticized. To protect themselves from these dangers, they often react with disdain,
rage
Narcissistic_rage , and/or defiance to any slight criticism, real or imagined.[11] To avoid such situations, some narcissistic people withdraw socially and may feign modesty or humility."

I have no evidence that before this happened that Terri Horman was ever reclusive or that she reacted abnormally due to the slightest criticism. By all accounts before this happened she seemed very outgoing and a woman who loved children and loved helping them in school. A selfless job imo.

I think it is logical to believe it was Kaine telling everyone... including Terri not to speakout.. for he himself didnt speakout for a long time... even though LE repeatedly said they had not advised the family not to speak out. He also told Intel not to be speaking with the press about Kyron and to this day I wonder......WHY? What could they have said that he wouldnt have approved of?
IMO

We sure don't have evidence of TH being reclusive prior to this. That's the point. The question was if TH is a narcissist, how she can remain so hidden and quiet. That was my answer. TH was not facing any real level of criticism, that I know of, before. She sure is now though. It could make sense that, if a narcissist, TH would hide now in the face of all the firestorm about her.

Bu the way, I worked as a preschool teacher/daycare worker for years. I was surprised to see that some of the people working in that field disliked children. These types could fool the parents but then I saw their real attitudes when the parents left. Not everyone who works with kids is selfless. But that's an aside.

I do not think it is logical to assume Kaine told everyone to be quiet. I think it is even less logical to state such as fact in these threads when nothing substantiates it. That's why I try to use qualifying language: "Assuming Kaine actually told TH to keep quiet..."
Instead, I think it is highly logical that LE told the people involved not to say much, or anything at all. That's what LE does until they are close to an arrest. Lukne, a poster here, stated she herself was told by LE not to talk about certain things to the media. Not Kaine, but LE.
I know some of us view TH as this passive wallflower controlled by an almost abusive Kaine and now criticized by him and his ex wife who abandoned her own kid. The rest of us see no evidence for that. Assuming Kaine ran the show and told everyone what to do as far as what to say, assumes the above-stated theory, IMO. But respectfully, I don't buy it. There is not one single thing that substantiates that, that does not come from TH and even her words do not paint that picture, IMO.
As far as the INTEL memo, I feel LE told Kaine and his family how to handle the firestorm of media sure to come. I'm sure Kaine, as the father of the victim, wanted to reiterate this to his co-workers so they would know he approves of the strategy. At that time, assuming LE was starting to look at TH, LE was in a precarious position. They were beginning, I think, to suspect TH but could not divulge that to the rest of the family for fear their investigation's focus would be blown wide open. How do you prevent that? Keep everyone quiet.
What's the alternative theory? Believing Kaine is the one who controlled the flow of information is to infer, IMO, that he had something to do with the disappearance of his child. Likewise then, DY and TY would as well since they went along with the plan. TH, well, according to the theory, she's a submissive and perhaps abused wife so she went along cause that's what she does. I think there is clearly not one iota of evidence or even rumor, hearsay, etc., that supports such a theory. These people lost their baby and are desperate to get him back. That's all. :twocents:

We have Kaine's email to people at Intel telling them to not speak to the media.

We have a person stating that Terri was told by Kaine not to speak to the media.

We can certainly test the veracity of the person, but we have extant evidence that Kaine wishes to keep people from talking to the media (Intel email).

We further have evidence from reporters who state that Kaine controlled media appearances by taking the questions and answering them only after looking them over. We have information from media outlets that state numerous times that Kaine and Desiree will take email questions and brief the media only after reviewing those questions. We know that Kaine and Desiree have stated that the media cannot record what they say to them unless and until they give the okay for the media to turn on their recording devises.

When Kaine kicked out the Oregonian and the Willamette Weekly, all that was made public, in the WW.

The only 'live' interview I have seen is on the Oprah show, and I am not aware that she would have been willing to be handed a list of questions they could answer, or would answer. I did notice that the questions she asked didn't give us any answers we haven't heard dozens of times before.

I sit with everyone else who would love to hear what Terri has to say. Being wherever she is, her life has changed.

We have Kaine's email to people at Intel telling them to not speak to the media.

We have a person stating that Terri was told by Kaine not to speak to the media.

We can certainly test the veracity of the person, but we have extant evidence that Kaine wishes to keep people from talking to the media (Intel email).

We further have evidence from reporters who state that Kaine controlled media appearances by taking the questions and answering them only after looking them over. We have information from media outlets that state numerous times that Kaine and Desiree will take email questions and brief the media only after reviewing those questions. We know that Kaine and Desiree have stated that the media cannot record what they say to them unless and until they give the okay for the media to turn on their recording devises.

When Kaine kicked out the Oregonian and the Willamette Weekly, all that was made public, in the WW.

The only 'live' interview I have seen is on the Oprah show, and I am not aware that she would have been willing to be handed a list of questions they could answer, or would answer. I did notice that the questions she asked didn't give us any answers we haven't heard dozens of times before.

I sit with everyone else who would love to hear what Terri has to say. Being wherever she is, her life has changed.

I found this quote yesterday. It reminded me of how protective Kaine seemed toward Terri in the early days of this case. Kaine is trying to explain why LE is focusing on Sauvie Island. Notice he defends Terri, insists nothing is aimed at his wife.

"They said they think search teams were frequently spotted on Sauvie Island because Kyron's been on several field trips there, and his family visits a pumpkin patch.

snip

That includes a flier the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office released last week that shows pictures of Terri Horman and a pickup similar to one she was driving June 4. A questionnaire with the flier asks people if they saw Terri Horman or the truck at Skyline School that day. Investigators have said she was the last person to report seeing Kyron at school.

Kaine Horman said he fully supported the release of the questions and flier, saying they were another way to gather information about Kyron -- not something aimed at his wife.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._reveal_n.html

I also recall that in the first days, Terri was already defending herself on the Internet, even going online supposedly to defend herself. She was supposedly very upset and venting to Kaine. Kaine, at that point, fully supported her.

Another way to look at Kaine's Intel email and "control" of the press...was just loyal protection of his wife. Maybe he was doing what SHE wanted...reminding people if they trashed her to the media or if the media tried to allude to her being a suspect...that there would be legal repercussions. Perhaps there was certain media where they allowed comments under their articles that particularly hurt Terri...Kaine was not going to give them the time of day. It did get a little rough under articles at the Oregonian and the Willamette Weekly as I recall. Maybe Kaine was Terri's "knight-in-shining-armor."

Maybe it was a protective Kaine that was telling Terri...don't talk to the media. They are casting you as a suspect...as the last person to see Kaine. Do we know HOW Terri said "Kaine told me not to talk to them."...maybe like a well-loved child says "My mother told me to ignore them."

Maybe it was all about a loving husband protecting his wife. Till LE convinced him of the Murder For Hire. That would change things, wouldn't it?

Since we don't know...that theory is just as possible.

I know it is easy to get onto other discussions sometimes, but this thread has gone way OT. Please get back on track. Thanks.

I found this quote yesterday. It reminded me of how protective Kaine seemed toward Terri in the early days of this case. Kaine is trying to explain why LE is focusing on Sauvie Island. Notice he defends Terri, insists nothing is aimed at his wife.

"They said they think search teams were frequently spotted on Sauvie Island because Kyron's been on several field trips there, and his family visits a pumpkin patch.

snip

That includes a flier the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office released last week that shows pictures of Terri Horman and a pickup similar to one she was driving June 4. A questionnaire with the flier asks people if they saw Terri Horman or the truck at Skyline School that day. Investigators have said she was the last person to report seeing Kyron at school.

Kaine Horman said he fully supported the release of the questions and flier, saying they were another way to gather information about Kyron -- not something aimed at his wife.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i..._reveal_n.html

I also recall that in the first days, Terri was already defending herself on the Internet, even going online supposedly to defend herself. She was supposedly very upset and venting to Kaine. Kaine, at that point, fully supported her.

Another way to look at Kaine's Intel email and "control" of the press...was just loyal protection of his wife. Maybe he was doing what SHE wanted...reminding people if they trashed her to the media or if the media tried to allude to her being a suspect...that there would be legal repercussions. Perhaps there was certain media where they allowed comments under their articles that particularly hurt Terri...Kaine was not going to give them the time of day. It did get a little rough under articles at the Oregonian and the Willamette Weekly as I recall. Maybe Kaine was Terri's "knight-in-shining-armor."

Maybe it was a protective Kaine that was telling Terri...don't talk to the media. They are casting you as a suspect...as the last person to see Kaine. Do we know HOW Terri said "Kaine told me not to talk to them."...maybe like a well-loved child says "My mother told me to ignore them."

Maybe it was all about a loving husband protecting his wife. Till LE convinced him of the Murder For Hire. That would change things, wouldn't it?

Since we don't know...that theory is just as possible.

Sounds like a very plausible theory to me SM and one that is more likely than Kaine being such a control freak. This is certainly not the Kaine that I've seen in his interviews he has conducted. JMO.

Getting back on track, Terri Horman is in seclusion. She is where her attorney needs her to be. She can't just hit the gym, or meet Dede for lunch, or have any semblance of a normal life.

I think she is waiting for the next shoe to drop.

In some ways, she's in purgatory, waiting for absolution or damnation.

Whether either comes tomorrow or ten years from now, her life will never be any better than it is today, unless she is somehow publicly vindicated.

I wonder if she knows a lot of what LE has discovered. I wonder if she also believes an indictment is inevitable. I wonder if every night she wonders what more LE discovered today.

Getting back on track, Terri Horman is in seclusion. She is where her attorney needs her to be. She can't just hit the gym, or meet Dede for lunch, or have any semblance of a normal life.

I think she is waiting for the next shoe to drop.

In some ways, she's in purgatory, waiting for absolution or damnation.

Whether either comes tomorrow or ten years from now, her life will never be any better than it is today, unless she is somehow publicly vindicated.

I wonder if she knows a lot of what LE has discovered. I wonder if she also believes an indictment is inevitable. I wonder if every night she wonders what more LE discovered today.

I would think that she knows an indictment is inevitable. I would hope that her lawyer has prepared her for that eventuality.

I think she's staying out of the public eye because her lawyer threatened to quit her case if she didn't obey him on this. After she hired him, the news about sexting and her going to MC's to show him the RO became public. If Houze is worth his fee, he certainly admonished her over that and told her that she had to stay away from the media at all costs.

I agree 100% with you that this is her life as she will know it for the rest of her life, that it will never get any better than this. It can only get worse from this point. Purgatory... perfect description of what she's living now.

My reply is with respect, but I do not respect Terri Horman, so my words may sound harsh. I'll try to keep it down to civil, but IMO she hurt a child and I'm not going to mince words about her, and my opinion about her involvement.

I agree she's in hiding from the public eye, and I don't blame her as she's being hounded. Interesting she shows up to the one public hearing that she wasn't required to attend. However, her presence on the internet has been very active, proven at least on oregonlive.com I believe. I found that very selfish, in that Terri is thinking about herself and not Kyron. Her actions, words, and behaviors, and the fact that LE has not cleared her. Probably I shouldn't armchair psych Terri. Maybe it's just evil plain and simple.

Is this the article you were referring to, although it is not recent?

"KATU News has been tracking postings by Kyron Horman’s stepmother, Terri Horman, on KATU.com’s comment section. While there are no bombshells in them it is the first time she has communicated publicly about her stepson’s disappearance. http://www.katu.com/news/local/97541389.html

If TH is staying at her parents home, I would be very surprised if her parents being former teachers, (wasn't her father a principal or an administrator of some kind) would not have a computer in their home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back