Where is the exculpatory evidence we were promised?

dogmatica

Reaction score
It's now mid way through 2016. The WM3 were convicted, then plead guilty by way of an Alford Plea. It's been 4 years now since their release, and they claimed to have had proof of their innocence before they were released. Where is it? Why have they not charged anyone else with this crime? Besides the "possible" hair of Terry Hobbs, which can easily be explained by secondary transfer, where is all this climactic evidence that proves the WM3 are innocent and that Terry Hobbs (or are we onto another family member now?) is the real killer?

They have millions of dollars behind them. We all know that Depp, Vedder, Maines, Jackson et al wouldn't hesitate to throw their millions down in order to tell the entire world "A HA!! We found the real killer!"

Haven't heard a peep. For years now the supporters have been saying "just you wait - we know they have proof the WM3 were just good kids who were convicted because they liked Metallica and wore black - the real killer (JMB, TH, The Michelin Man - depends on what year I suppose) will be exposed any day now!!".

Seems the WM3 are just happy to sweep this under the rug and Damien is just focusing on his cult hero/celebrity status. What gives? I've been waiting with bated breath for the big reveal. I'm turning blue here.

It seems to me Jessie, who felt guilt and remorse right after he helped kill those children, just wants to hide away and try and forget it ever happened. Then there's Damien. The psychopath narcissist - who is basking in his fame...nay, infamy.

"I knew from when I was real small people were gonna know who I was, I always had that feeling... I just never knew how they were gonna learn. I kind of enjoy it now because even after I die, people are gonna remember me forever. People are gonna talk about me for years. People in West Memphis will tell their kids stories... It'll be sorta like I'm the West Memphis boogie man. Little kids will be looking under their beds - "Damien might be under there!""

Indeed. The funny thing is - he hardly even tries to hide it. And why should he? No matter what he does, his followers will worship at his feet. He's already a convicted child killer. However, if he were actually innocent, he would do anything to clear his name. But he seems pretty OK with the fact that he's a convicted child murderer. He threw out the "we have evidence that proves us innocent and will ID the real killer", knowing full well no such evidence exists, sat back and waited for his followers to just kinda forget about it. It actually says a lot about what he thinks of his supporters...which is not too damn much. Not a lot of respect there. That's not a big surprise.

Sometimes we get impatient. Yeah, I know it's been a while. I'd like the answers, too. However, unfortunately, the ball is in the State of Arkansas' court, so to speak. Until/unless they officially reopen the case, we won't know a damn thing! There's something rotten here, and IMO it stinks of presidential politics!

Sometimes we get impatient. Yeah, I know it's been a while. I'd like the answers, too. However, unfortunately, the ball is in the State of Arkansas' court, so to speak. Until/unless they officially reopen the case, we won't know a damn thing! There's something rotten here, and IMO it stinks of presidential politics!

They won't reopen the case, as there were 3 guilty pleas. However, if there was such evidence, they wouldn't need the case to be reopened to bring it to light. If Damien and his people had such evidence, as they claimed, they would have brought it to the public independently. It doesn't exist - that's why we've heard nothing, and never will. If you were wrongly convicted of triple child murder, and had "exculpatory evidence", you'd use every means possible to exonerate yourself. Echols has a media machine at his fingertips. He could snap his fingers and have it all over the media. "I am innocent and here is the proof!!" It doesn't exist, because the 3 men who plead guilty to the murders committed the murders.

Indeed, there's something rotten here...but it ain't the election. It's smugly sitting in New York, profiting from the murder of 3 little boys.

The State can still investigate other suspects. The Alford Pleas do not stop them. They're choosing not to.

What would the president have to do with any of this? I'm pretty sure they have enough to worry about in Washington without meddling in an old, resolved (legally) case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen through some Facebook posts from people close to the case ( relatives to one of the kids killed) that an exhumation is going to take place.
I don't know if this is maybe all talk but I heard it has to do with a new DNA test that can extract material ( saliva) from a bite wound.
I still think they got the real perps to this horrific crime but with this case I have flip flopped many times over the years and maybe some investigating is still going on and will change my mind again.

I've seen through some Facebook posts from people close to the case ( relatives to one of the kids killed) that an exhumation is going to take place.
I don't know if this is maybe all talk but I heard it has to do with a new DNA test that can extract material ( saliva) from a bite wound.
I still think they got the real perps to this horrific crime but with this case I have flip flopped many times over the years and maybe some investigating is still going on and will change my mind again.

I doubt that's true, and I sincerely hope it isn't. Those children should be allowed to rest in peace.

I've heard this also. Can't confirm either way, but it sounds bogus.

What would the president have to do with any of this? I'm pretty sure they have enough to worry about in Washington without meddling in an old, resolved (legally) case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WM3 supporters are conspiracy theorists by their very nature. You have to be to believe this gigantic, ridiculous conspiracy they've bought into.

^ This does have some truth to it. Honestly, many of them think everyone was in on this huge conspiracy: Burnett, Gitchell, Driver, the prosecutors, the WMPD, Bryn Ridge, Allen, Peretti -- they literally think every single one of these individuals in involved in a cover-up. Some have even claimed that Clinton was in on it.

The only person I would say is at fault was the jury foreman who introduced the JM confession as evidence against DE and JB during their trials, after it was explicitly prohibited -- and yes, that should have resulted in a mistrial. Other than that, there is no "conspiracy."

Very telling not one supporter has been able to answer this question. Or even attempt to explain it away. Rug sweeping at its finest.

Hi dogmatica,

I understand what you are saying and I have questions about where the evidence of the blood and sunglasses, etc. from the man in Bojangles ended up? Clearly not in the evidence room.

There are so many unanswered questions in this case.

I just feel that if this case had been properly investigated, then little Stevie, Chris and Michael would have had justice.

This is such a sad case and I wish more resources could have been available (the WMPD rejected many who offered to help) and we then would have answers to this horrendous crime.

And what's stopping Echols, with the money machine behind him, from revealing the "real" killer? Nothing - except the fact that HE and his 2 buddies are the killers.
Even though it isn't their duty, I believe they already have. They, or their legal team, have made more inroads into this case than LE ever did. They have revealed their suspect to be TH but they can't force LE into doing anything about it can they? This is one of the worst homicide investigations I have ever heard of.

Even though it isn't their duty, I believe they already have. They, or their legal team, have made more inroads into this case than LE ever did. They have revealed their suspect to be TH but they can't force LE into doing anything about it can they? This is one of the worst homicide investigations I have ever heard of.

I don't think you understand what "exculpatory evidence" is. They have nothing on Hobbs. If you look up "red herring" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Hobbs. The WM3 have presented NOTHING in regards to exculpatory evidence. NOTHING that exonerates them and NOTHING that points to anyone else. They made this huge promise, made supporters all excited for a retrial in which they would reveal the "real killer" and clear themselves. Instead, they plead guilty and disappeared into their freedom, hoping people would just sweep it under the rug and forget about it - which is precisely what happened.

They played their supporters like a cheap guitar. It's sad, really.

I don't recall this promise.
Would you be as kind as to refresh my memory with a link?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

I don't recall this promise.
Would you be as kind as to refresh my memory with a link?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

The purported "exculpatory evidence" was the entire basis for the evidentiary hearing they were granted and going to receive. Of course instead of going ahead with the hearing, the WM3 plead guilty. Of course supporters will say "but they were going to kill Damian", and so "they HAD to take the Alford Plea". But that doesn't preclude them from presenting this so called exculpatory evidence to the public and media after their release. Shockingly, they never have.

https://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBl...chols-gets-new-hearing-in-west-memphis-3-case

If you're truly innocent, and you are granted a new hearing based on your claims that you have exculpatory evidence to present to exonerate you - you go to that hearing, present your evidence, and walk away free men, shame the entire WMPD and the DA, and sue for millions of dollars. You don't bail on that hearing and plead guilty, admitting if there was another trial, you'd be convicted again. That's in total contradiction to actually having "exculpatory evidence". And even if, for whatever reason, you bail on this hearing and plead guilty instead, you would take this exculpatory evidence and your multimillion dollar celebrity machine, and shout it from the rooftops.

You wouldn't just completely forget about it, remain a convicted child murderer and pretend like there never was exculpatory evidence, would you?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back