Where the Avery Conspiracy Theory Falls Apart

His confessions were introduced as evidence. Until someone proves them false, they will stand as evidence that the jury considered in
convicting him.
When Avery was convicted the first time, he was put away by LE ignoring the guy who did it, even though other law enforcement bodies insisted he was likely the guy.

18 years later they got it right, not by them admitting they screwed up, but by a 3rd party proving it.

Now these guys have been in jail 10 years and there are still big questions to be answered. A whole slew of people never investigated. Some never even asked to give an alibi.

So why shouldn't anyone be questioning if maybe LE didn't fully investigate this case , just like last time around ?

No one is asking to let anyone go if they aren't innocent. We are asking for a fair trial and a proper investigation.

Isn't that what is supposed to happen ?

And if you believe that Brendan was coerced by Steven to have sex, stab, and mutliate Teresa, would you have voted him not guilty ?

I think it depends on if we see him as a child or as an adult, as I said. If that was a 10 year old kid, sure, I'd vote not guilty and consider him a victim.

What I've seen from brendan is consistent with a 10 year old kid.

But I am not a psychologist or someone who could make that determination. But if they said - he's like a 10 year old. Yes, I'd vote not guilty.

It was? Can you cite the law that was broken?

The law of common sense. Aside from the fact he has the mentality of a ten year old child, none of his confession was corroborated by evidence. Read the interviews from the 27th. The investigators were feeling him out, suggesting the scenario of events they wanted him to say and it's very clear none of his guardians knew he was being questioned...

Read the very end of the interview. His mom was at work? Oh, did he know her number so he could call her? Oh, our names are Fassberger and Weigert and we just screwed you over but if anyone asks... We have your back. We will stand up for you. BTW, Tell your mom we said Hi. Hope she's cool with us talking to you.

You can't side step the fact that these interrogations weren't conducted with the consent of his mother. Watch the documentary. I believe Len was the idiot who stated his guardians weren't "invited" to the interrogation room because it was obvious all Avery's family members had animosity towards investigators.

:rolleyes: But hey... Who cares? He's just an intellectually disabled child who most likely wasn't involved in anything more nefarious other than playing PS2 but that means nothing in the grand scheme of things. He's trailer trash. Disposable. The Netflix documentary sure made at least one thing abundantly clear... Some people will believe anything, including a confession that isn't corroborated by anything.

What it highlighted for me... You can get anyone with an intellectual disability to admit to anything. Most people knew that years ago. Others need to catch up.

I will answer your question. Of course children that are abused don't choose to be in that situation. Victims of human trafficking don't choose to become prostitutes. Not everyone chooses to be in a gang. In some cases, teens are threatened with physical harm if they don't join the gang.

I don't dispute that when an adult gets a child to do something illegal, the child is a victim of some form of abuse. With regards to the Dassey case, did Brendan ever say he was threatened with death/bodily harm if he didn't do what Steven ordered ? All I remember is Brendan saying that Steven told him to have sex with Teresa, told him to stab Teresa, etc. If I missed something in Brendan's interrogations, please let me know.

You missed a lot apparently. READ the interrogations. Upon prompting, Dassey revealed he was afraid Avery would kill him. He was sent to a country club to protect him at that point.

It took 18 years to get Steve out the first time. My opinion is you should get it right the first time. What happened in the first case, happened again in the second case.

Regardless of whether avery is innocent or guilty, the investigation was narrow and excluded suspicious people completely, and how exactly can you pose an alternative suspect if that's LE's responsibility to investigate and provide that evidence ?

If they don't ask for an alibi from the ex-boyfriend, how can he be ever seen as a suspect ?

If they don't fully investigate Chuck Avery, how can ever be seen as a suspect ? yet he had all the same access to the junkyard as avery and a history of sexual assault and harassing/stalking women that got towed to the junkyard. Yet he has no alibi that we can see ?

Doesn't that sound familiar ? Allen was not even put in the lineup. Not even questioned. He was the rapist. other law enforcement pointed to him and even when allen confessed and LE was contacted, they still buried that information.

Now you think everyone should just trust that people were properly investigated ? why ? It puzzles me that some people trust the same LE that did exactly what they are being accused of now.

To add to your post... There are roughly 150+ exonerations that happened ten+ years after conviction. Claiming there is a quicky timeline for discovering new, exonerating evidence is just false. That claim borders on deceptive. The average time spent behind bars for exonerated is 20+ years.

Rodney Reed is a prime example of an innocent man currently fighting for his life when everyone with thinking skills knows he never killed anyone. He's been in prison over 10+ years. Ten years is mystical number everyone assumes is sufficient enough to prove whatever. History shows ten years is only the early years of a long ordeal.

Hi guys

Just finshed doc. Boy am I going. I have not read any post yet- and am going to attempt not to for a bit- so I am clear!!

just gonna do some "things" that struck me before I get all "cluttered"

First thing is getting all into the "whole " event - it occurred to me that it is really vital to remmeber ground zero! Running a cops wife off the road and pointing a gun at her ,, in a uneducated, hick like community is probably gonna start a lot of sh$t- (cop mentality) in environs like that. So that IMO certainly lays a foundation for the next 20 years.

One the most compelling things of the doc was the lab lady where she is instructed to "try and make him there". If that does not give all the players intent away then I do not know what does ..............a cop overtly telling her to attmept to put a suspect at the scene smells pretty stinky to me.

Another thing that was profound :

Colburn cop (name may be wrong but you know which one)
So let me see if I get this (he was creepy to me) . Days before the vehicle was located, and before she was reported missing - he calls in her tag number. WTF??

Her car was found without a tag, and on the stand he admitted he was not looking at the car - so the implications regarding foreknowledge seems pretty aparent. IMO

- gives me the impression that they were getting concerned that she "may" not get reported missing and they got a dead woman they need to get rid of and plant in his backyard??
. Would love to here the tale about how this dude ,is verifying some tag, from a owners car , before the car had been located. If he called in and said I am in the salvage yard and want to check this Rav 4 info out that would make a tiny bit of sense - but oppsss the tag had been removed , would love to here that tale!

He was never asked how he accomplished that amazing feat.

Bones found in several locations can only mean one thing. Stuff was moving around. If I just hacked someone to pieces the last thing I would be doing is spreading evidence around - its ludicrious.

If i murdered someone , and my plan was to burn her up 20 feet from my bedroom, why need do i have to be throwing her in the back of her vehicle for a 22 foot "drive" to the pit?? Makes no sesne whatsoever IMO

We are true crime followers, and we have seen, countless times the perp leading and or particpating in "searches" by the murderer. Teresas EX certainly implanted himself right in the middle of things now didn't he. So much to the point according to the documentary he was allowed special access on property . Additionally the one special person given the camera , is the one who finds the vehicle just reeks IMO.

. In addition , this EX being able to somehow hack her cell phone to provide information regarding her cell phone useage sounds like , well, BS. Did his answer satisfy any of you? And he THINKS it may have been his sisters birthdates>

Anyone really beleive , that one can't remember exactly, how one hacked into their murdered ex girlfriends cell phone? I could get not remembering months ago if you had a quarter pounder or chesse or was it a Whopper - but the methods one used to hack into a murder victim ' cell phone seems like it might be a memorable "event" in ones lefe experience !

He was very sly--something a guilty person would do. If you watch his testimony he gave information , but never committed himself to much. How can you remember, a long time ago that you did NOT see her on Sat, but totally recall that you DID see her on Sunday, sitting on her computer chair , but cant remember if the sun was shining or not.

Just in terms of memory functioning it is not how it works. To recall her sitting in her chair, the envorons of that memory would also be capable of being recalling (just by the function of memory of using cues in recall) . Sun up while driving over , or leaving , it gives context to a memory. Got to open my windows am smelling tuna fish!

He was never asked for an alibi in a murder investagation?

Back to the lucky searcher - the only one given a video camera- we have to remember that the Man cops were not suppossed to be doing anything on the property. They sure as heck could not find the vehicle by law. It would HAVE to be found by private searchers (ones with cameras awesome).

As I was watching it the searchers notions of being scared to death just , seemed like an act to me.. Would you really beleive that some murderer is hiding in the victims car ? And going to jump out and murder you, with tons of LE around? What nonsense IMO

But anyone with a noodle upstaris(!) would have to conclude the speed at which the car was located was nothing other than remarkable. Gosh the only one with a camera. As I watched the doc, I thought theire searching patterns was very atypical.

If someone is trying to hide something, in THAT lot I would not "hide" it on the outer perimeter of the messy place, I would go more into the mess. Locating the car was vital cause it allowed for the search warrents to be implemented (probable cause) - so it was , lets say to get the ball rolling, urgent that vehicle was located .hummmmmmmm

. The brother ,
And had bad vibes about him in general (Theresa). He was just instantly convneced that it was Avery- if it were my sister I would kinda want LE to do some looking around - casue what if in 10 months the one they only focused on was excluded - 10 months later - cold trail etc . He always made himself available to media

Anyone ever see anything that would resemeble affect about his sister being chopped up? Emotionially he was vacant.

I would be questioning why are you guys only looking at Avery especially since you already , in this very town, did that - wrongly. Bells would be ringing.

Brendons stepdad yucky as well he sure seemed to support that Avery did it - which keeps his step son totally involved ?

Bon fires DO NOT result in human bones looking chopped up - charred yes but to smitherians does not happen.

What was the video of Teresa at the end with all this love stuff -- it stuck me as peculiar - to have someone recording her telling the camera she LOVES everyone everything etc etc - relevence?

Guys go look at the pics of the key. Before and after --

Thanks for weighing in on this CARIIS.....crazy case,eh?

A RAV4 question for those of you that have intimate knowledge of the evidence ...

When Sturm found Teresa's car, it was covered up by branches and some sections of wood. Was any of Avery's blood or DNA found on the branches or wood ? One would assume so if it was indeed found in the vehicle and he was bleeding. How about the steering wheel ?

Tks

A RAV4 question for those of you that have intimate knowledge of the evidence ...

When Sturm found Teresa's car, it was covered up by branches and some sections of wood. Was any of Avery's blood or DNA found on the branches or wood ? One would assume so if it was indeed found in the vehicle and he was bleeding. How about the steering wheel ?

Tks

IIRC I read in the Dassey transcripts that items that were leaning up against the RAV4 were taken in (there was also testimony about whether the vehicle hood leaning up against the RAV4 would need 1 or 2 people to do) I don't recall seeing them in the lab reports that have been released (I don't have time to double check at the moment). If his DNA or blood was found on those items, I would expect LE and Kratz would have been hollering it loud and clear, which I have never heard, which leads me to believe that no, there was not.
His DNA was not found on anything else in the vehicle that was swabbed and tested. There were 6 blood drops/smears, and the DNA on the latch IIRC.

I believe Dassey was told what to say and he complied.

I do not see Avery as a good man. If I thought he were to be my neighbor tomorrow I would waste no time packing today. He scares the carp out of me, to be honest.

As creepy as the guy is, though, I am not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that Avery is guilty of murder. I do, however, have doubt that he has been treated fairly. No one deserves to be railroaded, if that is indeed what has happened. If there is any way that Avery can get a new trial based on what has come to light, it needs to happen. He will be convicted again if the evidence is there and if it's not, well, no one should be imprisoned simply because some LE have an axe to grind.

IMO.

You missed a lot apparently. READ the interrogations. Upon prompting, Dassey revealed he was afraid Avery would kill him. He was sent to a country club to protect him at that point.
I believe it was a Hotel. And lets remember they sent him home the next morning. They used that opportunity in my opinion to further harass Dassey into a false confession. He spent his day of the 28th home at the Avery Yard. Funny how the transcript from that interview they had with him at the hotel wasn't recorded. Who knows what they fed him that night.

Tks

I have not came across the items strewn up next her car in any of the state crime lab exhibits. Unless they are listed in the list of questions stains " reportly collected on swabs'' agency #8805 to #8846 , the numbers are not in order so either those numbered items did not make it to the crime lab or were discarded for whatever reason or used as other evidence somewhere.

I hope there is more information somewhere to to what all those swabs were and where they were taken.

As for the RAV4 , it appears all evidence from her car was given an A evidence label (later a second label A is used with a another letter.. AN -ect. not from the truck.)

So the Rav 4 has Items A1 to A23 ..with letter/ numbers A15-A22 missing . I assume that is evidence collected to did not get handled by Sherry C. or was not sent to the state crime lab. So I do not know for sure if it was not swabbed. But it never was tested by the state crime lab ,unless there are more reports for items not used on court preformed by other analyst . Or it is out of order on the paper work and I have not found it.

I have a question that's been going through my mind. The Hood Latch.. The one with his SWEAT DNA on it. laughs cause I know they don't know what left the nucleated cells there. DNA is sensitive as it has been said. Believe Buting mentions a person touching that latch without changing his gloves after touching Avery's property. When exactly was the Hood latch swabbed. I was under the impression it was swabbed after the second search of his property in March 06'. And that the vehicle was already back at Calumet County. So why was it not swabbed by the Crime Lab in Nov 05' They had already known the hood had been opened cause the battery was disconnected.

Ok now The Battery was disconnected. Why would someone disconnect the battery, or why would Steven? This is a detail they never really explain the reason.

I have a question that's been going through my mind. The Hood Latch.. The one with his SWEAT DNA on it. laughs cause I know they don't know what left the nucleated cells there. DNA is sensitive as it has been said. Believe Buting mentions a person touching that latch without changing his gloves after touching Avery's property. When exactly was the Hood latch swabbed. I was under the impression it was swabbed after the second search of his property in March 06'. And that the vehicle was already back at Calumet County. So why was it not swabbed by the Crime Lab in Nov 05' They had already known the hood had been opened cause the battery was disconnected.

Ok now The Battery was disconnected. Why would someone disconnect the battery, or why would Steven? This is a detail they never really explain the reason.

This has been asked before and it's a great question imo. There are tons of things they didn't check, and you wonder... why not ? For example the contents of the vacuum cleaner in avery's trailer never got checked for fiber evidence. Maybe because they knew they wouldn't find any ? at least not without planting them of course.

I have thought about the battery as well and the only thing I can think is that maybe the key fob really is the valet key and that would not turn off the car alarm ,if there was an alarm and it was a valet key . I need to sleuth that to see it is could be the reason the battery had to be disconnected.

What was the video of Teresa at the end with all this love stuff -- it stuck me as peculiar - to have someone recording her telling the camera she LOVES everyone everything etc etc - relevence?

This intrigues me as well, who shot that video? I must have missed that somewhere. Doesn't she say at some point "If I do die I want everyone to know that I lived a happy life" --- paraphrashing ---- its in an early episode. Seems like an odd conversation to have with.... someone???

More generally, why would Steven leave the Rav4 in the Avery junkyard when I'm sure there are hundreds of secluded places off property to which he could have moved the Toyota ? Sure he would've known that the junkyard would have been searched thoroughly for the vehicle.

Sunset on 10/31/05 was around 4:45 PM - would have been easy to dump the truck somewhere after dark with Teresa's body inside.

This intrigues me as well, who shot that video? I must have missed that somewhere. Doesn't she say at some point "If I do die I want everyone to know that I lived a happy life" --- paraphrashing ---- its in an early episode. Seems like an odd conversation to have with.... someone???

I remember reading somewhere it filmed as a part of a church project, so it makes some sense that she was talking about her death and life.

I think it's interesting that some people who are upset that LE considered Avery a suspect (perhaps the only real suspect) are pointing their fingers at LE as having been the ones to murder Teresa, then burn her body somewhere, then transport the charred bits to SA's burn pit and burn barrel, all to frame someone because he sued the county.

The very same behaviors that LE are accused of (unfairly targeting SA) are some of the very same behaviors being projected onto the MC Sheriff's Dept., with no proof shown yet, but lots of "well what about his 1982 conviction, what if's, could'a, I believe they did" thrown about. The irony is quite rich.

I'm all for the truth and proper investigation and accountability, but to point fingers for TH's murder at LE, or at the very least claiming LE somehow come across TH's body somewhere, then decided to move it to plant on Avery property is laughable. Where's the evidence of that occurring? (yes, I have read that very theory on WS more than once).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back