White space of the RN vs. PR's exemplars.

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
The white space of the ransom note has distinguishing features and patterns. So does the white space on PR's exemplars. But these features and patterns are totally different, even opposite, the RN.

The white space of the RN has two spaces between some words, and always has two spaces between sentences. It is standard typing practice to type two spaces after the period ending a sentence.

xxxxx____xxxxxx__xxxxx.____Xxxxxxx

The white space of PR's exemplars never has two spaces, and always has only a half-space between sentences.

xxxxx__xxxxx__xxxxx._Xxxxxx

It seems that the RN author and PR have two different writing styles, when it comes to white space.

A large white space (2-3 chars wide) between the end of one sentence and the beginning of the next is clearly evident throughout the ransom note. All three pages. Its a characteristic of the writer.

This writing characteristic is not evident in PR's exemplars.

I have never believed she wrote the note...so this is a good find but nor surprising for me. The note would not have been that long had she or anyone written it after the killing so I believe it was written prior and PR would have never used the movie references for dude flicks. The analysis of the writing has always been debated and it has never been conclusively "Patsy" unless, of course you want it to be.

I have never believed she wrote the note...so this is a good find but nor surprising for me. The note would not have been that long had she or anyone written it after the killing so I believe it was written prior and PR would have never used the movie references for dude flicks. The analysis of the writing has always been debated and it has never been conclusively "Patsy" unless, of course you want it to be.

Probably written while the R's weren't even there. Thats a big opportunity in the intruder theories. What did they do for hours and hours while the R's were gone?

Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man. In this case, a man who draws on movie lines alot.

It is not always a man. There was a case in the news recently where a young girl was sexually assaulted with an object and killed by the mother of a young friend.
Most are men, but not all.

Wonder why Patsy didn't use 2 spaces between sentences in her exemplars? If she had a degree in literature and was well known for her writing, this should have been second nature for her.

Wonder why Patsy didn't use 2 spaces between sentences in her exemplars? If she had a degree in literature and was well known for her writing, this should have been second nature for her.

Because she was deliberately trying not to.

Probably written while the R's weren't even there. Thats a big opportunity in the intruder theories. What did they do for hours and hours while the R's were gone?

Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man. In this case, a man who draws on movie lines alot.

In a 2007 study of Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation
Profiling Crime Scene Behaviors and Offender Characteristics by Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland, the findings were, in part
"Furthermore, females with a personality disorder or psychosis differ from each other in relation to the age of their victims: women with a personality disorder kill more adults, whereas psychotic women kill more children. Males, psychotic or nonpsychotic, rarely kill children."

Interestingly, they also found that in such cases, 72% of the offenders were affected by alcohol and 10% by drugs. Perhaps that's how you amuse yourself for a few hours?

I also feel that the lack of semen, seminal fluid and penetration does not suggest sexual assult by a male. Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.

Profiling Crime Scene Behaviors and Offender Characteristics by Department of Psychology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland, the findings were, in part
"Furthermore, females with a personality disorder or psychosis differ from each other in relation to the age of their victims: women with a personality disorder kill more adults, whereas psychotic women kill more children. Males, psychotic or nonpsychotic, rarely kill children."

Interestingly, they also found that in such cases, 72% of the offenders were affected by alcohol and 10% by drugs. Perhaps that's how you amuse yourself for a few hours?

I also feel that the lack of semen, seminal fluid and penetration does not suggest sexual assult by a male. Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.
I find this most interesting.

I'm not sure about Finland, but this is how things are in the U.S.:

Statistician, Bureau of Justice Statistics
Highlights
*An estimated 18.6% of inmates serving time in State prisons in 1991 for violent crimes, or about 61,000 offenders nationwide, had been convicted of a crime against a victim under age 18.
*1 in 5 violent offenders serving time in a State prison reported having victimized a child.
*More than half the violent crimes committed against children involved victims age 12 or younger.
*7 in 10 offenders with child victims reported that they were imprisoned for a rape or sexual assault.
*Two-thirds of all prisoners convicted of rape or sexual assault had committed their crime against a child.
--------------------------------
Characteristics of the offenders
--------------------------------
*All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male.
*Offenders who had victimized a child were on average 5 years older than the violent offenders who had committed their crimes against adults. Nearly 25% of child victimizers were age 40 or older, but about 10% of the inmates with adult victims fell in that age range.

3 in 4 child victims of violence were female.

*An estimated 7.2% of child victimizers in prison had murdered their victims.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a 97% probability that JBR was assaulted and strangled by a male.

Finding unknown male DNA mixed with blood that matched waistband DNA? Gee whaddaya think?

I'm not sure about Finland, but this is how things are in the U.S.:

I expect you were confused, as this small quote was taken out of context in that the study was Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation, not murder generally. So to compare you would have to have figures on the number of children strangled by men.

I expect you were confused, as this small quote was taken out of context in that the study was Murder by Manual and Ligature Strangulation, not murder generally. So to compare you would have to have figures on the number of children strangled by men.

Its not me who is confused: All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male. This statistic is inclusive of ligature strangulation homicides and is not ambiguous.

The unknown male DNA is the closest thing to evidence that anybody was even there, as there is no trace of JR or PR placed alongside these DNA discoveries.

The crime scene evidence supports a male offender because of the sexual assault and the presence of matching male DNA in criminally significant locations.

All but 3% of offenders who committed violent crimes against children were male. [/FONT][/U][/B]This statistic is inclusive of ligature strangulation homicides and is not ambiguous.

OK, I'll rephrase this as a direct question. What was the total number of child ligature strangulations and how many of the offenders were male?

OK, I'll rephrase this as a direct question. What was the total number of child ligature strangulations and how many of the offenders were male?

Penetration with an object (if indeed this occurred) is more a female thing.

What was the total number of child penetrations with objects, and how many of the offenders were female?

What was the total number of child penetrations with objects, and how many of the offenders were female?

I was expressing an opinion here regarding the alledged sexual abuse. Whereas you stated that "Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man." as if it were a fact. The point I was trying to make is that where a manual or ligature strangulation is used to kill a child, it was found that the offender is usually a woman according to a properly conducted study. That's not to say that a man did not kill JBR just that it was not limited to a male offender as you believe. I happen to believe that it was more likely to have been a woman.

I was expressing an opinion here regarding the alledged sexual abuse. Whereas you stated that "Clearly when a 6 year old girl is victim of sexual assault and strangulation, its always a man." as if it were a fact. The point I was trying to make is that where a manual or ligature strangulation is used to kill a child, it was found that the offender is usually a woman according to a properly conducted study. That's not to say that a man did not kill JBR just that it was not limited to a male offender as you believe. I happen to believe that it was more likely to have been a woman.

"where a manual or ligature strangulation is used to kill a child, it was found that the offender is usually a woman."

I was unable to extract this statement from your Finnish post or anywhere else. Where did you get this stuff?

Its probably wise to keep in mind that there was not just a murder but also a sexual assault, and DNA was found mixed with blood in her underwear. Additional DNA matching that profile was later discovered on mulitple locations on the waistband of longjohns JBR was wearing the night she was murdered. This DNA evidence is from a male and caused the R's to be formally exhonerated.

Further, JBR's murder was brutally violent, and 97% of violent offenders on children are male. Thats pretty %$#% close to always. What do you think the percentage male vs female is for violent offenders that used headbash, sexual assault, and strangulation on a single child victim??

"where a manual or ligature strangulation is used to kill a child, it was found that the offender is usually a woman."

I was unable to extract this statement from your Finnish post or anywhere else. Where did you get this stuff?

Its probably wise to keep in mind that there was not just a murder but also a sexual assault, and DNA was found mixed with blood in her underwear. Additional DNA matching that profile was later discovered on mulitple locations on the waistband of longjohns JBR was wearing the night she was murdered. This DNA evidence is from a male and caused the R's to be formally exhonerated.

Further, JBR's murder was brutally violent, and 97% of violent offenders on children are male. Thats pretty %$#% close to always. What do you think the percentage male vs female is for violent offenders that used headbash, sexual assault, and strangulation on a single victim??

I certainly have no doubt that 97% of violent offenders against children are male. While females generally have a much lower rate of violent crimes that is still (according to your figures) 131 women inmates who have murdered a child. Low, but not %$#% insignificant.

The point I was trying to make, and I'll say it again, is that the type of crime we are talking about 'ligature strangulation' is not exclusively male and this study actually indicates otherwise:

"Bivariate analyses suggested that the use of a ligature in homicidal strangulation may be associated with the offender being a female, drug user, the offender and victim being acquaintances rather than family members or intimate partners, and the motive being a drunken quarrel"

I certainly haven't completely ruled out the presence of a male accomplice to account for any DNA (assuming that this is correct), but there is no evidence that the alleged sexual assault was committed by a male.

I certainly have no doubt that 97% of violent offenders against children are male. While females generally have a much lower rate of violent crimes that is still (according to your figures) 131 women inmates who have murdered a child. Low, but not %$#% insignificant.

The point I was trying to make, and I'll say it again, is that the type of crime we are talking about 'ligature strangulation' is not exclusively male and this study actually indicates otherwise:

"Bivariate analyses suggested that the use of a ligature in homicidal strangulation may be associated with the offender being a female, drug user, the offender and victim being acquaintances rather than family members or intimate partners, and the motive being a drunken quarrel"

I certainly haven't completely ruled out the presence of a male accomplice to account for any DNA (assuming that this is correct), but there is no evidence that the alleged sexual assault was committed by a male.

This study isn't really relevant, because the crimes it uses have no sexual aspects and only a few children. JBR's murder HAS sexual aspects. IMO your statistic changes to the point of insignificance with the introduction of the sexual and violent factors of this case.

Asserting that JBR's attacker is female goes against statistics for the nature of THIS crime (violent crimes against small children- 97% male), goes against evidence collected at the crime scene, and goes against claims made by the ransom note author who we at least know was there at the time.

This study isn't really relevant, because the crimes it uses have no sexual aspects and only a few children. JBR's murder HAS sexual aspects. IMO your statistic changes to the point of insignificance with the introduction of the sexual and violent factors of this case.

Asserting that JBR's attacker is female goes against statistics for the nature of THIS crime (violent crimes against small children- 97% male), goes against evidence collected at the crime scene, and goes against claims made by the ransom note author who we at least know was there at the time.

Granted the study sample is small. Death by strangulation is probably not rife in Finland. However, it is a properly conducted study aimed at profiling offenders in just this type of crime, so it has relevance.

As to your opinion that only males sexually abuse children, perhaps you might like to look at this website? http://www.canadiancrc.com/Female_Sex_Offenders-Female_Sexual_Predators_awareness.aspx

In part, it says

"Sexual abuse by women of children and teens is a subject most parents and caregivers are not familiar with. Female sexual predators go unreported because of a lack of awareness by the public.

Female Sex Offenders- Sexual assault of children by females

75% of sexual predators are male and 25% are female.

86% of the victims of female sexual predators aren't believed, so the crimes go unreported and don't get prosecuted.

Considering these facts, arrest statistics for child sexual offenders by gender are meaningless"

and

"Some research has reported that female perpetrators commit fewer and less intrusive acts of sexual abuse compared to males. While male perpetrators are more likely to engage in anal intercourse and to have the victim engage in oral-genital contact, females tend to use more foreign objects as part of the abusive act (Kaufman et al., 1995)."

"It is interesting to note in the study by Kaufman et al. (1995) that 8% of the female perpetrators were teachers and 23% were babysitters, compared to male perpetrators who were 0% and 8% respectively."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back