Whitney & Bobby divorcing

IdahoMom said:
http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/cocaine/faq.htm

» What is freebasing?
Preparing pure cocaine ("base") for injecting or smoking, usually by dissolving and drawing out the impurities with a strong alkali. Freebasing is pretty dangerous as the chemicals involved are highly explosive and the process requires a lot of skill and specific equipment. Crack cocaine is a form of freebase.

» What is crack cocaine?
"Crack cocaine" is a mix of cocaine and baking powder (sodium bicarbonate) which comes as small lumps or 'rocks'. When smoked, the cocaine vapours reach the brain much quicker than snorting, producing an intense but short-lived euphoric rush and - very quickly - a compelling desire for more. Crack is also very harsh on the lungs.

Crack is highly addictive but one hit will not make you addicted.
Thanks for the crash course in crack/cocaine 101....:D

Jeana (DP) said:
Its how Richard Pryor caught himself on fire.

Really??? :eek: I've never heard that before!! That would sure ruin the good time he was trying to have!!! :D

jubie said:
Really??? :eek: I've never heard that before!! That would sure ruin the good time he was trying to have!!! :D

Yup, sad but true. Here's info:

On June 1, 1980, Pryor set himself on fire while freebasing cocaine. Pryor made this part of his heralded "final" stand up show "Richard Pryor Live On Sunset Strip" (1982). After joking that the incident was actually caused when he dunked a cookie into a glass containing two different types of milk, he gave a poignant yet funny account of his accident and recovery, then poked fun at people who told jokes about it by waving a lit match and saying "What's this? It's Richard Pryor running down the street." Interviewed in 2005, his wife Jennifer Lee Pryor said that Richard poured high-proof rum over his body and torched himself in a drug psychosis. In a TV interview during his recovery Pryor said that he tried to commit suicide. His management created the "accident" lie for the press in hopes of protecting him. One of his jokes about this subject was "When you're running down the street on fire, people get out of your way."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pryor

Jeana (DP) said:
Yup, sad but true. Here's info:

On June 1, 1980, Pryor set himself on fire while freebasing cocaine. Pryor made this part of his heralded "final" stand up show "Richard Pryor Live On Sunset Strip" (1982). After joking that the incident was actually caused when he dunked a cookie into a glass containing two different types of milk, he gave a poignant yet funny account of his accident and recovery, then poked fun at people who told jokes about it by waving a lit match and saying "What's this? It's Richard Pryor running down the street." Interviewed in 2005, his wife Jennifer Lee Pryor said that Richard poured high-proof rum over his body and torched himself in a drug psychosis. In a TV interview during his recovery Pryor said that he tried to commit suicide. His management created the "accident" lie for the press in hopes of protecting him. One of his jokes about this subject was "When you're running down the street on fire, people get out of your way."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Pryor

Thanks for the link... Disturbing, but I couldn't help a giggle here and there.

Jubie

This report says that Whitney has filed for divorce. I would love to see her get her act together!

Update:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213689,00.html

rr-whitney.JPG

You know yesterday I watched the movie A Preachers Wife for the first time ever and loved it. I was telling my MIL that Whitney was so pretty in it and she has one of the best voices I have ever heard. Then today, I seen a pic of her in a magazine, I will try to find the link and I thought to myself how good she looked. She had gained some weight, ect. I hope she gets it together.

I love when The Soup plays that clip of her. "KISS MY *advertiser censored*!" So funny!

I know the show was TOTALLY off the hook but when I watched her on Being Bobby Brown, she would make me laugh!!!

close_enough said:
lol, me too!!!...i love The Soup anyway..
"Chat Stew... Sooooooooo meaty!"

I LOVE Joel McHale. He is adorable and hysterical. The perfect combo in my book! That show is so clever. I love his riffs on Tony Danza.

southcitymom said:
Bless her heart. She is a prime example of the beauty and talent that addiction so often ravages.
She still looks pretty rough, imo. I wonder how much of that is permanent. :waitasec:

IdahoMom said:
She still looks pretty rough, imo. I wonder how much of that is permanent. :waitasec:

I agree she still looks pretty rough. Her lifestyle has taken a toll on her and has aged her alot.

IdahoMom said:
Absolutely - that's what I meant by my comment. She was so full of exquisite beauty and talent and now look at her....heartbreaking.

Drugs take a toll on anyone eventually. Have a look at before and after pics of Meth users.Wow, some people are totally unrecogniseable. Poor Whitney would be better out of that marriage than in it.

michelle said:

yikes!..crack has really taken a toll on her, but at least it looks like she's gained some weight, & that wig looks a little better than some i've seen her wear...i wonder if she can still sing?....on one of the shows with her & Bobby Brown, she couldn't carry a tune in a bucket....i would imagine that 'crack lung' hasn't helped either....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back