Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so wish I had cable, no bf to irritate - just me, but I can't see any of this stuff!

I found this interview, it has beautiful young Whitney photos and her singing for a few seconds with Cissy. I now see why WH was upset at losing the high notes and thought she should get them back. I will look up Cissy after I find the rest of this interview with Barbara Walters. WH clearly hated the media, even here. I guess that is a huge sacrifice for someone that goes into the business yet likes to be private, privacy does not happen there.

Whitney Houston - Barbara Walters Special 1993 - Part 1 - YouTube

Cissy did have a beautiful voice! They showed her on the E! and said that when Whitney was five she went with Cissy when she toured with Elvis!

ETA: They did talk about the CD show, one of the reporters said that it was very strange. I guess before singing a song Tony Bennett said that he thought drugs should be legalized. Weird.

I don't know how celebrities do it. All that attention would be horrible, I didn't know she had had a miscarriage. Such a difficult thing to deal with and then to see it reported in the media? Horrible.

There is a scene in The Bodyguard where she tells Costner that she has a reputation for being a b1tch, that she thought that you hear that about yourself and then that is what you become. Costner's character says no, that is not the case, you have a choice. Not saying that that is what happened with Whitney because her reputation with drugs was based on her behavior, but still, it just made me think...

Whitney was thrashed in comic sketches too. Maybe it wasn't just that she was famous but that her image was so different from how she ended up. Whatever it was, addicts can't stay high all the time and I would think that kind of thing could intensify the shame they all feel. I wish some addicts didn't have such a low, low bottom.

In the E! show they mentioned that on the Wednesday before she died she became very upset after seeing an article in the Enquirer that she saw in the hotel gift shop.

Why would you think they would resent BB for turning his life around, having a career and being sober? They don't strkie me as that kind of folks - but I dont know her family.

Someone could suspect that if they did harbored ill feelings, it could be about BB hitting Whitney, and going to jail for it, and also failing to support his daughter.

We've read that WH's family invited BB, and expected him and 2 guests. There were many celebrities at this event, and we've not heard about others having this trouble. These other invited guests seem to have arrived well before it started, to ensure that everyone was seated. Behaving like this helps to ensure that situations like what appears to have happened don't - a guest, who was invited, and given a certain amount of seats, and shows up right before the ceremony starts with 7 extra people, regardless of who they were.

They told BB he was welcome to stay, and we've heard from another guest who went to BB to "calm" him down (RA). It appears that BB didn''t like how he and his extra guets were treated, and chose to leave after saying his goodbye. He later issued a statement giving his side, which one could understand his feelings if thats what really happened.

I would suspect that it was a very emotional day for everyone.

I do understand what you are saying. First of all though to me he should not be considered an invited guest. He is Bobbie's father and if she didn't want him there he should not have been 'invited' at all. He assumed I am sure he would be sitting with his daughter as would I. But, as you say it was a very emotional day. but, if there is a chance that BK might reconcile with her father I hope this hasn't created an even bigger rift between them.

In my own experience I have seen so many things happen at deaths because of the high emotions that created family quarrels and even lost family members. I guess it is because emotions are on a shoe string. We can also hope that this has just been bad reporting like most everything else has been. I am concerned that when COD is released we may see more bad reporting and barbs thrown. I hope not. I watched the Body Guard last night and had forgotten what a truly great movie it was. Some scenes and dialogue were very erie considering what has happened. jmo

Cissy did have a beautiful voice! They showed her on the E! and said that when Whitney was five she went with Cissy when she toured with Elvis!

ETA: They did talk about the CD show, one of the reporters said that it was very strange. I guess before singing a song Tony Bennett said that he thought drugs should be legalized. Weird.

I don't know how celebrities do it. All that attention would be horrible, I didn't know she had had a miscarriage. Such a difficult thing to deal with and then to see it reported in the media? Horrible.

There is a scene in The Bodyguard where she tells Costner that she has a reputation for being a b1tch, that she thought that you hear that about yourself and then that is what you become. Costner's character says no, that is not the case, you have a choice. Not saying that that is what happened with Whitney because her reputation with drugs was based on her behavior, but still, it just made me think...

Whitney was thrashed in comic sketches too. Maybe it wasn't just that she was famous but that her image was so different from how she ended up. Whatever it was, addicts can't stay high all the time and I would think that kind of thing could intensify the shame they all feel. I wish some addicts didn't have such a low, low bottom.

In the E! show they mentioned that on the Wednesday before she died she became very upset after seeing an article in the Enquirer that she saw in the hotel gift shop.

While standing in the grocery line last week I saw an Enquirer article with her picture on the front and she was sucking her thumb. Thinking it had to have been photoshoped I Googled it and found a couple of pictures like that. If this is what upset her I don't blame her. But, this could have come out after her death. Enquirer is very cruel. jmo

Whitney had 3 miscarriages during her relationship with Brown, 1991, 1994, 1996. I cannot imagine the pain that must have been. I also wonder if it was just another thing Brown would use against her, no offense, but I do believe he tore her confidence down a little bit at a time as most abusers do, and some of the youtube clips of that awful reality show makes clear. And purposefully so.

RS

Bennett had his own drug issues before and now is on that absurd campaign. He needs to cut that crap and realize legalizing isn't going to stop drug related deaths. On my last nerve!

****sorry for the rant****

Whitney had 3 miscarriages during her relationship with Brown, 1991, 1994, 1996. I cannot imagine the pain that must have been. I also wonder if it was just another thing Brown would use against her, no offense, but I do believe he tore her confidence down a little bit at a time as most abusers do, and some of the youtube clips of that awful reality show makes clear. And purposefully so.

I watched some of those shows and I could not believe what I was seeing. Most of all I could not believe Whitney was allowing herself to be filmed that way. Some times I thought they had to be acting the scenes were so unflattering and awful. Reminds me now of the Anna Nicole show. How it must have broken her mother's heart if she saw any of them. jmo

RS

Bennett had his own drug issues before and now is on that absurd campaign. He needs to cut that crap and realize legalizing isn't going to stop drug related deaths. On my last nerve!

****sorry for the rant****

I couldn't believe he said that. I think he must be having an onset of dementia maybe. He can't really believe what he said especially if as they are saying most of the drugs are prescribed, so they are legal. jmo

This is from an article that I've posted elsewhere on this thread (today). I'm not suggesting that anything should be read into this, but it's interesting, nonetheless. I wonder where Aretha was when she decided not to attend Whitney's funeral if she performed in NYC last night? Was she still at home in northwest suburban Detroit or had she flown to the east coast for the concert? Just curious.

Hours after she canceled an appearance at Houston's funeral because of spasms in her legs, the "Queen of Soul" (the "undisputed" Queen, the capacity audience was reminded by the show's announcer) was quick on her feet, feisty in voice and sentimental and sassy in spirit at Radio City Music Hall on Saturday night. It was the latest stop on a "greatest hits" tour featuring old favorites and, since Houston's shocking death a week ago, a tribute to the fallen singer. Franklin is close to Houston's family, and she said Houston called her "Aunt Ree."

Aretha Franklin is terrified of flying. She stopped flying a number of years ago, so it takes her a bit to get around, so that's something to consider.

I watched some of those shows and I could not believe what I was seeing. Most of all I could not believe Whitney was allowing herself to be filmed that way. Some times I thought they had to be acting the scenes were so unflattering and awful. Reminds me now of the Anna Nicole show. How it must have broken her mother's heart if she saw any of them. jmo

I wonder if that is the time Cissy brought the Court Order for WH rehab and told Brown he better not do anything b/c the Sheriff's Deputies with her were "ready to take him down"?

This says in 1999 and 2005. Also, her bodyguard did not like Brown!:

During her final decade, Whitney Houston surely clocked up more hours in rehab than Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor combined. She invariably waltzed out after a few days, however, and at least twice, in 1999 and 2005, her mother grew so desperate she staged legal “interventions” forcing her to complete a recovery programme.

Accompanied by a sheriff, Cissy Houston arrived at Whitney’s mansion in Georgia with a court order, requiring her daughter to be treated at Eric Clapton’s world-renowned Crossroads treatment centre in Antigua. Whitney Houston complied, but soon returned to marijuana, cocaine and booze.

http://www.bellenews.com/2012/02/18...decline-started-once-she-married-bobby-brown/

I wonder if that is the time Cissy brought the Court Order for WH rehab and told Brown he better not do anything b/c the Sheriff's Deputies with her were "ready to take him down"?

I didn't know about that, but it could have been any of them. They were all horrible. I don't think anyone prior to that show knew that part of WH's life. I didn't. Couldn't believe it. jmo

(bolding mine)

Bingo!

I guess for some, being her Industry Father translates to an obligation to take care of her financially, forever and into the hereafter. :-/

I do wonder where the money is coming from for the funeral, though. Because from what I have read her record label was fronting her money and HAD been fronting her money against her next album and that she was broke and had even asked someone if she could borrow $100. Also that Clive Davis was paying for her hotel room because she had no money. Of course, who knows if any of that is true.

I wonder if those miscarriages were a result of drug abuse. Bobby Kristina was born in March 1993...The Bodyguard came out in 1992...so maybe Whitney had cleaned up to do The Bodyguard. I do remember her saying that after The Bodyguard she was using every day, though. Hopefully not while she was pregnant.

Her former chauffeur has said that Whitney got really bad when he was her driver and would make him drive to the worst part of the ghetto looking for crack and that one time when Bobbi Kristina was 6 or 7 I think he said, Bobby Brown and Whitney got in the car with BK and were smoking crack in front of her. He said that Whitney said "Mommy and Daddy are doing adult things..." Who knows if that is true. I hope not, but I don't doubt it because of the way they were on the reality show and because that is just how terrible drugs are and how distorted the lives of addicts become. But could you sit by and watch that happen and not report it? I couldn't. But of course, the chauffeur's pay was coming from Whitney so he probably kept quiet, along with everyone else. But if people hadn't allowed Whitney to do things like that, it may have forced her into rehab. If she were faced with losing her daughter, I think that may have been enough to cause her to stay clean. Sometimes even that isn't enough, though.

Of course, I'm sure the chauffeur is out to make some money now that Whitney is dead, so there could be some confabulation going on too.

Why would you think they would resent BB for turning his life around, having a career and being sober? They don't strkie me as that kind of folks - but I dont know her family.

Someone could suspect that if they did harbored ill feelings, it could be about BB hitting Whitney, and going to jail for it, and also failing to support his daughter.

Bobby Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"In late 2003, Brown was arrested for misdemeanor battery, allegedly for striking Houston while shouting epithets. In February 2004, Brown was arrested and jailed in Georgia on a parole violation related to a previous drunk driving conviction. In June 2004, Brown was sentenced to 90 days in prison for missing three months of child support payments. That sentence was immediately suspended after Brown made back payments totaling about $15,000."

We've read that WH's family invited BB, and expected him and 2 guests. There were many celebrities at this event, and we've not heard about others having this trouble. These other invited guests seem to have arrived well before it started, to so that everyone was seated. Behaving like this helps to ensure that situations like what appears to have happened don't - a guest, who was invited, and given a certain amount of seats, and shows up right before the ceremony starts with 7 extra people, regardless of who they were.

They told BB he was welcome to stay, and we've heard from another guest who went to BB to "calm" him down (RA). It appears that BB didn''t like how he and his extra guets were treated, and chose to leave after saying his goodbye. He later issued a statement giving his side, which one could understand his feelings if thats what really happened.

I would suspect that it was a very emotional day for everyone.

That 2004 case of missing child support payments would be his older children, not Bobbi Kristini. Bobby and Whitney were still married in 2004.

I wonder if those miscarriages were a result of drug abuse. Bobby Kristina was born in March 1993...The Bodyguard came out in 1992...so maybe Whitney had cleaned up to do The Bodyguard. I do remember her saying that after The Bodyguard she was using every day, though. Hopefully not while she was pregnant.

Her former chauffeur has said that Whitney got really bad when he was her driver and would make him drive to the worst part of the ghetto looking for crack and that one time when Bobbi Kristina was 6 or 7 I think he said, Bobby Brown and Whitney got in the car with BK and were smoking crack in front of her. He said that Whitney said "Mommy and Daddy are doing adult things..." Who knows if that is true. I hope not, but I don't doubt it because of the way they were on the reality show and because that is just how terrible drugs are and how distorted the lives of addicts become. But could you sit by and watch that happen and not report it? I couldn't. But of course, the chauffeur's pay was coming from Whitney so he probably kept quiet, along with everyone else. But if people hadn't allowed Whitney to do things like that, it may have forced her into rehab. If she were faced with losing her daughter, I think that may have been enough to cause her to stay clean. Sometimes even that isn't enough, though.

Of course, I'm sure the chauffeur is out to make some money now that Whitney is dead, so there could be some confabulation going on too.

I do think Whitney was already using drugs by 1991, I think she said so herself, so that could have been the problem. Even if clean just during the pregnancies, the stuff messes up your entire system forever. Then again, there are plenty of women that have never touched drugs and had several unfortunate miscarriages.

If you've seen the photos Brown's sister is said to have leaked of the "crack and crap" bathroom, they were doing in front of the kids for sure.

I could not sit there and watch that and not find a way to get the info to someone that could help. I understand being paid to keep quiet, but not when it comes to children. I wonder if you can call social services and have any action taken on a "star"? Seems to me everywhere stars go, the system turns it's head no matter how bad.

Aretha Franklin is terrified of flying. She stopped flying a number of years ago, so it takes her a bit to get around, so that's something to consider.

Given that her concert was at RCMH, last night, I'm assuming Aretha was in NYC at the time of the funeral. That said, the funeral was held in Newark, NJ... just a little car or limo ride away.

Given that her concert was at RCMH, last night, I'm assuming Aretha was in NYC at the time of the funeral. That said, the funeral was held in Newark, NJ... just a little car or limo ride away.

Hmmm, must be something going on. AF found out via t.v., was on The Today Show Friday I think, and was uncertain what she would sing, seemed odd. She seemed reflective. Maybe they were not very close after all, or maybe she was tired of all the drama and drugs. IDK.

I think this is the link to the video: Nevermind the video has been pulled!

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/46427222#null

This still bugs me. I wish Chaka Khan would speak more. Is she implying more than the drugs here or not?

"I think we all, as artists, because we're highly sensitive people, and this machine around us, this so-called 'music industry,' is such a demonic thing. It's sacrifices people's lives and their essences at the drop of a dime...I had a manager once say to me, ' You know you're worth more money dead than alive.'

"I mean, I've cried for her, a lot over the years, so many times," the singer said. "In a way I've mourned her, because I felt something was gonna happen because she was so close to the wire."

http://www.eonline.com/news/who_does_chaka_khan_blame_whitney/294101#ixzz1mMYvdOqF

Hmmm, must be something going on. AF found out via t.v., was on The Today Show Friday I think, and was uncertain what she would sing, seemed odd. She seemed reflective. Maybe they were not very close after all, or maybe she was tired of all the drama and drugs. IDK.

I think this is the link to the video: Nevermind the video has been pulled!

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/46427222#null

Giving her the benefit of the of the doubt maybe she just didn't think she could do the funeral and her show that night. I think she is near 70 if not older. Being in that position I would have done the show. Are you saying she only found out on Friday that she was suppossed to be at the funeral. That is pretty short notice. Kind of like an after thought. jmo

Giving her the benefit of the of the doubt maybe she just didn't think she could do the funeral and her show that night. I think she is near 70 if not older. Being in that position I would have done the show. Are you saying she only found out on Friday that she was suppossed to be at the funeral. That is pretty short notice. Kind of like an after thought. jmo

I think her health is not so great too. So I understand that. I guess when she wouldn't really answer what song she would sing, she already knew she couldn't make it. It was an all day funeral too, her schedule may not have permitted. She did read a little poem based on Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star she wrote for Whitney. That may have been the best she could do at the time.

I was surprised how many older stars were there and were okay to sit all that time! I'm thinking medication times, meals, bathroom breaks (that would have been me), moving around for circulation, you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member