Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How horrendously sad that Bobbi was denied the chance to see her mother (understand, crime scene and all...not criticizing.)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitney-houston-death-bobbi-kristina-hotel-room/

Yet, the whole world gets to see her body being removed from the hotel room. :tears:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/11/whitn...-drowned-dead-dies-bathtub-body/#.TzeHnVHFmSo

I will never get used to that. Celebrity or not... photographing them carry a body out of a "scene" is just so wrong.
(I say that as a photographer... who has been at the scene when bodies have been carried out. I don't photograph it.)

We don't know what condition her body may have been in. Perhaps they were protecting the child. If she fell and there was blood, it could have been traumatizing for the child to see her mom that way? :(

i believe her daughter is 19.

i was thinking maybe the loud thuds might have been banging on the door, banging the door in.

originally, i read that the exec had heard both a man AND woman's voice screaming, and then 2 loud thuds. that caught my attention big-time so i went to look further. all i could find was what i linked above. when i went to look for that initial report, it was gone. i don't think i dreamed it, but i am on cold meds so maybe that explains it. strange.

if the police didn't want her daughter seeing the body, i am not going to question that....and i'm one who ALWAYS questions police!

i think it's fair to assume that, whatever the cause of death is ruled to be, this was not a peaceful scene, nor one her daughter needed emblazoned upon the mind for the rest of her life.

maybe others feel differently. i just know i wouldn't want it emblazoned upon the mind of my almost 19 yo, that's for sure.

Addiction might have happened anyway, but fame enabled it. I wished we'd never heard of Whitney and that she'd stayed where she began. In church singing gospel music where there weren't any drugs or booze.

Its been specualted that she could have been dead in the tub for hours. The two thuds could have been people removing her from the tub. It has been said in the media she was moved to a bed before EMT arrived.

sadly, there is plenty of drugs and booze in many a church.

i thought it was ''common'' knowledge that she started flirting with drugs long before she ever hit hollywood, during stints staying with relatives in newark as her mother toured. maybe not? at any rate, i do agree the fame made addiction easier.

Its been specualted that she could have been dead in the tub for hours. The two thuds could have been people removing her from the tub. It has been said in the media she was moved to a bed before EMT arrived.

I read on TMZ that she spoke with her mother, Cissy, on the telephone about a half hour before she died. It quoted her mother saying Whitney seemed fine.

it seems so strange to me that she could have been in the tub for hours. one of the earlier links said her entourage was huge so i mean....if true....where were all these people? just strange. then again, maybe not strange at all, just strange to me.

I always preferred her R&B to her pop tunes... I haven't seen them here yet, so figured I'd share a couple of my faves:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdBgzN1yFMk"]You Give Good Love[/ame]

And this was originally a duet with Jermaine Jackson, but I found this fantastic vid of a live 1985 performance where she sings it with her brother:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnX8owFmphs"]Nobody Loves Me Like You Do[/ame]

Motown reacts to Whitney Houston's death

Published On: Feb 12 2012 12:01:17 AM EST Updated On: Feb 12 2012 08:01:44 AM EST

DETROIT -
Motown is mourning the loss of legendary singer Whitney Houston.

In the fall, Houston spent several weeks filming the movie Sparkle in Detroit. Most of the movie was shot in Detroit’s Indian Village where several houses were rented for interior and exterior shots...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...eath/-/1719418/8633330/-/ne3953z/-/index.html

On Friday evening's local news, there was a clip shown of Whitney Houston's exit from a pre-Grammy party. Her hair was wet and disheveled, and a camera shot of her legs showed that Whitney's left leg was bleeding. I saw the same video clip on a later news broadcast and couldn't help thinking that something was very wrong. In hindsight, I think there was definitely something going on with Whitney on Thursday night that might have been an omen of what was to come yesterday.

RIP, Whitney, and sing with the angels.

LE did the right thing by not allowing Bobbi Christina to see her mom in that manner.
I know I seem cold, but she should remember her mom the way an undertaker can fix her up to have a lasting memory of beauty.
No child even at 19 should see their mom at an accident scene.
JMOO

Mike Galonos is covering Whitney Houston's death on HLN. Among his panelists are Jane Velez-Mitchell and Mike Brooks.

Is Dr. Drew a complete moron? He was referring to Whitney's "son".

I thought TV people had staff to prep them for stuff like this.

:rolleyes:

Is Dr. Drew a complete moron? He was referring to Whitney's "son".

I thought TV people had staff to prep them for stuff like this.

:rolleyes:

I think he was referring to her step son wasn't he?

I believe his name is Landon Brown.

Two loud thuds? What would cause two loud thuds? Loud enough for the record exec in a room above could hear it? If someone faints/passes out, would that be heard from a hotel room above? And why two? Did she fall twice and the second one was fatal?

Wow. So many questions.

Could be someone breaking down the door to get to her? If she was in the bathtub, she probably had the door locked and when she didn't respond someone broke down the door and then the male voice calling out would make sense.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/12/showbiz/whitney-houston-death/?hpt=hp_c1

two loud thuds and and an urgent male voice heard by a record exec staying in the room above whitney just prior to arrival of emergency crews.

Two loud thuds? What would cause two loud thuds? Loud enough for the record exec in a room above could hear it If someone faints/passes out, would that be heard from a hotel room above? And why two? Did she fall twice and the second one was fatal?

Wow. So many questions.

Just speculation... someone kicking the door twice to get it open?
Someone tossing a chair or chairs in the bathroom to free her in the event of a hanging? She reportedly was found "in the tub"? (I highly doubt she did this) Remember bathrooms with hard flooring tend to echo more than carpeted
surfaces.
I don't believe a body falling/collapsing and landing would be heard by a guest on another floor... Unless it fell OFF of something... or was thrown...
She could have choked on something, but IF the bathroom door was locked needing to be kicked in, it sure sounds like (maybe) WH harmed herself.

We don't know what condition her body may have been in. Perhaps they were protecting the child. If she fell and there was blood, it could have been traumatizing for the child to see her mom that way? :(
Sure they were protecting BKH! Death isn't pretty. There are "things" that happen in the time after death and it is NOT pretty! That is also a bell ya can't ever unring!
Her death occurred pretty quickly and whatever happened it was FINAL. Cissy spoke to her 25-30 min prior to the 911 call and reported she seemed fine. Someone who overdosed IMO would be starting to get drowsy or confused prior to passing out and succumbing to the drug.(At least 20 min to be absorbed if taken orally, quicker if injected 2-3 min)
WH was unable to be revived. 911 responded quickly ~ I am not certain if narcan would reverse xanax I KNOW it usually works with opiates if given soon enough. The nurse in me says more and more this may NOT have been a drug overdose.
Thumps do not sounds like gun shots, and the no obvious injury to the body doesn't sound like gun fire.
As far as not letting Bobbie see her... I am thinking police protocol, the condition of the body perhaps if it had been a hanging... (this can cause awful trauma and bruising)
I believe a good #of suicide by slitting the wrists is often done in tubs. That would also cause someone to be unable to be revived with in 30 min. Hanging, A BROKEN NECK WOULD INDEED BE UNREVIVABLE... bullet wounds...Stroke, MI, aneurysm, blood clot? A ruptured hiatal hernia/peptic ulcer, aortic rupture, would cause massive internal bleeding and a sudden death (Was Whitney over 5'10" ?)
QUESTION HERE! Do EMT's have to establish a ♥ rhythm prior to transport?
Clearly their attempts to resuscitate WH were fruitless!

I am a nurse so I have never responded on a scene, but I know from personal experience EMT's seem to take SO LONG prior to transport in some emergencies and I question WTF is taking you so long?? GO GO GO now help this person... and eventually they do go. (I have never seen CPR cease and a death be called on scene)
My grandaddy has a massive heart attack EMT's attemted CPR for 10 min. He was 92 and may have been gone 30 min before my grandmother found him. He was gone. The coroner was called and arrived in short order. * but he was no superstar! He also had had a history of heart attacks.
BKH will be able to spend some time with her mother once it is deemed "appropriate" and the memory will be much sweeter!
Still wondering WHY it took so long for investigators to call the coroner. I get BHPD had to do a complete investigation. But the amount of time it took leads me to believe that whatever happened occurred in the bath/tub BUT Whitney was on the bed when EMT arrived. I take that to mean there was "evidence" in the bathroom that HAD to be photograph tagged bagged etc investigated due to the fact that her body had been moved People had to be interviewed to corroborate the story.

The person in the room above WH was even taking a nap... :what: THAT MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY LOUD "thump" how loud must they have been yelling?
I have heard my "upstairs" hotel guests and the ones beside me before
but to my knowledge I can not recall ever hearing a guest below me.
I also have NEVER been in a 4 or 5 star hotel- are the walls thicker???

When we do find out what happened it will be gut wrenching IMO.
The 911 call will prove to be VERY telling!
I'm rambling... ~ sorry for the long post ~
I trust Beverly Hills PD.

This is all moo and based on my limited knowledge of emergency response as a medical professional that did MEDICAL OFFICE and PHONE triage = ) :twocents:

Source TMZ: Mike Galonos reporting that family members have said that Whitney Houston was taking Xanax. Prescription medications were found in her hotel room. Houston may have fallen asleep in bathtub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak