Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Clive comes off as being callous because he's been dealing with this for so long. I can't imagine that he wanted WH to end this way - he was stuck in a way too because he cared for her but everyone has their limits as to how much they can handle and can do for another person. Addicts drain you.

Yes, Dolly's quote about buying the shoes was from some time in the past. I've also read another version in which she had supposedly said that she had bought a lot of cheap wigs. If anything, Dolly was poking fun at herself!

Today at TMZ however, there is a story about another recent Dolly quote (after Whitney's death) with the addition of an apology:

I Didn't Mean to Diss Whitney
'I Will Always Love You' Is OURS

Her family is asking for a private funeral and finally said okay to one camera, so I'm guessing they feel the same as you have stated.

To my thinking, the family was offering the funeral feed around for the top money possible. To pay for the funeral. They are all way beyond broke...... IMO

Lol, everyone is so right about pigging out before squeezing into a tight "Grammy dress". Yep, turkey was for WH, everything else for others. And no woman at 48 is eating the jalepenos before going on stage. Much as I love them, at 46, they don't love me anymore! I've eaten them all my life, even hot sauce doesn't like me anymore. It does make food boring, but there is no way I'll be eating anything hot and going around a group of people. That is saved for days off with the extra holiday in there.

As far as Heineken and champange, there go the hot peppers again, not happening. While she may have been drinking all day, I don't think those plates and plates of food and different beverages were just hers. Oh heck, they may not have been from her room for all we know. Could have been the staff's room, I did see a diet soda can. Or what looked like one to me, back to the rider on smoking gun, for the staff.

Clive wanted money, and still did. WH had not made any in years and had become an "issue." That bothers me. I'm happy the ex-body guard talked too. I'm hoping more will. It will not change what happened to WH, however, there is a new generation that needs to take care of themselves. They don't need Sony, Arista, Clive's, or whomever, anymore. They need to manage themselves.

Clive Davis on stage statement to party goers...

"Whitney was so full of life. She was so looking forward to tonight even though she wasn’t scheduled to perform. She loved music and she loved this night that celebrates music"

http://newsone.com/nation/black-his...releases-statement-on-whitney-houstons-death/

I guess she was just scheduled to "appear"
STILL she had to get into a dress.
I agree about the jalapenos!!! Maybe they were
supposed to cover up the alcohol on her breath.
ESPECIALLY if she read the comments about people smelling
"booze and cigarettes on her breath":waitasec:

Maybe Clive comes off as being callous because he's been dealing with this for so long. I can't imagine that he wanted WH to end this way - he was stuck in a way too because he cared for her but everyone has their limits as to how much they can handle and can do for another person. Addicts drain you.

I acknowledge that fully. I don't know how much he cared when I read something about the record company telling him to find someone to blow up the charts and they would then entertain his ideas. (Not exact words.) Then he books her for that sad tour and sends her on it when she is clearly not straight, nor can sign at the time. Mentor?

Everyone gets drained from the people on drugs and alcohol around them. Sometimes you have to cut them out for your own safety and security. Why didn't he cut her off for tough love? Force into in house rehab before negotiations?

To my thinking, the family was offering the funeral feed around for the top money possible. To pay for the funeral. They are all way beyond broke...... IMO

You might be right, I don't live in that world and forget to think that way. They were all broke with all those famous Divas?

There are several quotes attributed to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie re his decision to honor Whitney Houston with the flag at half-staff, such as:

"I am disturbed by people who believe that because her ultimate demise - and we don't know what is the cause of her death yet - but because of her history of substance abuse that somehow she's forfeited the good things that she did in her life. I just reject that on a human level."

...and also of note...

Christie also ordered a flag-lowering following the death of Bruce Springsteen's saxophonist Clarence Clemons last year.

Complete article (one of MANY on the net, on TV too)

Down with huge houses that create huge taxes and huge upkeep bills - much overrated imo. If I were rich, I'd travel and would spend to stay in quality hotels for the special treat I could afford. Then I'd return to my humble but nice (as in comfortable) home. Too much waste going on everywhere. :twocents:

Clive Davis on stage statement to party goers...

"Whitney was so full of life. She was so looking forward to tonight even though she wasn’t scheduled to perform. She loved music and she loved this night that celebrates music"

http://newsone.com/nation/black-his...releases-statement-on-whitney-houstons-death/

I guess she was just scheduled to "appear"
STILL she had to get into a dress.
I agree about the jalapenos!!! Maybe they were
supposed to cover up the alcohol on her breath.
ESPECIALLY if she read the comments about people smelling
"booze and cigarettes on her breath":waitasec:

Then that's a misquote, because all other sources say she WAS supposed to perform at the Clive Davis party.

There are several quotes attributed to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie re his decision to honor Whitney Houston with the flag at half-staff, such as:

"I am disturbed by people who believe that because her ultimate demise - and we don't know what is the cause of her death yet - but because of her history of substance abuse that somehow she's forfeited the good things that she did in her life. I just reject that on a human level."

...and also of note...

Christie also ordered a flag-lowering following the death of Bruce Springsteen's saxophonist Clarence Clemons last year.

Complete article (one of MANY on the net, on TV too)

I guess Christie is proud of the peeps who 'made it' from his state. Like the way famous peeps are honored by getting a street named after them because they were born in that town. But because the flag is affiliated with those who serve our country, I think it's in bad taste to use it to mourn the loss of singers. It's symbolism should be reserved for public servants imo

Then that's a misquote, because all other sources say she WAS supposed to perform at the Clive Davis party.
No it wasn't. I heard him say it.
:seeya:Listen for yourself! At 55 seconds. Straight from his mouth...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alr8IpVzyVg"]Whitney Houston: Clive Davis' tribute at pre-Grammy party - YouTube[/ame]

I just do not get the honouring of Whitney Houston. She is being put up as a role model star? Yet the sad facts stink here. Whitney had a great voice long ago. Does that make a role model? Or should we look at the person? Whitney never gave back to the music industry. She failed herself in life. She failed her family. Her friends and her fans. Over 2 decades of proven major time drug abuse? We are going to honour that? We are all humans. And responsiblity for ones actions start in the mirror. Not the enablers she brought around herself. Does a one time great vioce over ride the human mess she was in our society? It appears so. And I find that very distrubing.IMO

I think we are honoring Whitney for the wonderful voice she once had and the pleasure people had received listening to her sing. She was an addict and sadly she wasn't able to free herself from the addiction. That doesn't mean we should disregard the good. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Maybe her mistakes were bigger than yours or mine. But my Bible says no sin is greater than another.

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

I think stars often have pressures that we don't have. I have read that Whitney was supporting a lot of people besides herself and Bobbi Kristina. How horrible would it be to know you have people to support and your voice is gone, even if it is your own fault your voice is gone? I'm not saying her drug abuse was okay. I'm saying that she was trapped in it and was unable to free herself, but that doesn't mean we should disregard the good things she accomplished and the music she gave us. I don't see anything wrong with acknowledging her for the good things she did. And I'm not saying that as a Whitney fan because although I have liked a couple of her songs, I would have never considered myself a fan, really, and I have never bought any of her music. But I give her credit where credit is due; she truly deserved the name "The Voice."

I acknowledge that fully. I don't know how much he cared when I read something about the record company telling him to find someone to blow up the charts and they would then entertain his ideas. (Not exact words.) Then he books her for that sad tour and sends her on it when she is clearly not straight, nor can sign at the time. Mentor?

Everyone gets drained from the people on drugs and alcohol around them. Sometimes you have to cut them out for your own safety and security. Why didn't he cut her off for tough love? Force into in house rehab before negotiations?

I think he signed her again in 2002 for millions of dollars ten year contract. Oh, would the contract have been up by now then? Since she was getting healthier in 2009 (Oprah interview), had she managed to stay that way for a few years? Maybe things were looking up back then and it would be a mutual boost for both of them had things gone along in a positive manner.

WH told her mother I think that she would take her daughter and move to Europe if peeps didn't get off her case about rehab. Not sure when that was but WH wasn't cooperating with their attempts to get help for her.

I guess Christie is proud of the peeps who 'made it' from his state. Like the way famous peeps are honored by getting a street named after them because they were born in that town. But because the flag is affiliated with those who serve our country, I think it's in bad taste to use it to mourn the loss of singers. It's symbolism should be reserved for public servants imo

You got it. The Roman Arena all over again!

I think he signed her again in 2002 for millions of dollars ten year contract. Oh, would the contract have been up by now then? Since she was getting healthier in 2009 (Oprah interview), had she managed to stay that way for a few years? Maybe things were looking up back then and it would be a mutual boost for both of them had things gone along in a positive manner.

WH told her mother I think that she would take her daughter and move to Europe if peeps didn't get off her case about rehab. Not sure when that was but WH wasn't cooperating with their attempts to get help for her.

Eh, I saw bad concert youtube's from 2010, that could just be when the videos were uploaded though. They were not in America, and Clive should not have booked her. I would like to think he thought if she worked she would stay clean, but it was too much. She couldn't sing.Which means right back to drugs. She was boo'ed off stage, it was a nightmare for her. (She was also messed up on stage in some of them, one she keeps messing with the mic and stand like it is moving around and she wants it to stay still. It is still, she just doesn't see it that way.)

I hear "She was not at all scheduled to perform. She loved music..."

I call that a CYA moment.

I could be wrong, what do you guys hear?

I think a whole lotta folks are in CYA mode!
Based on her last perfomance... why would anyone have scheduled her to sing?

:dunno:who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member