Who do you think is guilty? I'm relatively new here and...

what's your opinion reg. the 6 unknown DNA profiles?

leslievernon,
They may or may not contain a partial profile of the person who sexually assaulted JonBenet? We await recent lab results to fiind that one out.

These samples do not repeat elsewhere in the house, e.g. JonBenet's bedroom etc, meaning the contributers of the samples were likely never in the house, particularly the night JonBenet was killed.

You should read Foreign Faction to find out why Kolar thinks you will never ever find out those lab results if the case is BDI !

James Kolar in his book Foreign Faction says: There are six unique and unidentified genetic profiles - five male and one female on JonBenet.

yeah this is really perplexing.... i mean how come?

as Interested novice asked - it seems like they performed DNA tests very recently, in july, with state of the art technology, i hope.. but they didn't give any details.

jesus... that makes you think: where did the author of the book get this from? where was it all the time, actually...? if you have only a tiny bit of DNA, in the early years of DNA.. you test it, and then it's gone. so i really wonder what is the real deal here with the DNA... is technology really so good that they can get a profile out of almost nothing, or, they found new spots.. which would be baffling, i mean, how many times were the items already looked at and tested..?

and the knot, on the garotte.. not a "normal" knot, right? would PR have known how to bind such a specific knot?

and the knot, on the garotte.. not a "normal" knot, right? would PR have known how to bind such a specific knot?

It was a common knot, so perhaps Patsy did know. However, without a doubt JR, JAR, and BR had extensive knowledge, training, and hands on experience in the use of knots and sailing/scouting/camping rope/cord.

It was a common knot, so perhaps Patsy did know. However, without a doubt JR, JAR, and BR had extensive knowledge, training, and hands on experience in the use of knots and sailing/scouting/camping rope/cord.
Cottonstar, weren't PR's fibers entwined in the cord?

They were on the cord yes. So were hundreds of other fibers. There were seven or eight different fibers on the piece of tape alone.
Right. Well, we don't know where the cord originated from, right? Since there were fibers entwined in that cord that were consistent with fibers from the Christmas sweater that PR wore that evening, can we conclude that the Christmas sweater in the vicinity of that cord before/as it was wrapped around the paintbrush? Ditto to the tape? I agree that the knot does not disqualify PR from this crime scene - no way we can make an assumption on what anyone in that family was or was not capable of. --IMO

Right. Well, we don't know where the cord originated from, right? Since there were fibers entwined in that cord that were consistent with fibers from the Christmas sweater that PR wore that evening, can we conclude that the Christmas sweater in the vicinity of that cord before/as it was wrapped around the paintbrush? Ditto to the tape? I agree that the knot does not disqualify PR from this crime scene - no way we can make an assumption on what anyone in that family was or was not capable of. --IMO
Not necessarily. There were tons of fibers that were on the blanket. John ripped it off and it fell in the blanket. Fleet picked it back up and dropped back on the blanket. There were numerous other fibers found at the scene. Actually, thousands. How did JonBenet’s hair get tangled in the knot? Patsy was no doubt in close proximity of her daughter that night. That is the reason why she wore the same clothes as the night before. I disagree with your last statement.

Not necessarily. There were tons of fibers that were on the blanket. John ripped it off and it fell in the blanket. Fleet picked it back up and dropped back on the blanket. There were numerous other fibers found at the scene. Actually, thousands. How did JonBenet’s hair get tangled in the knot? Patsy was no doubt in close proximity of her daughter that night. That is the reason why she wore the same clothes as the night before. I disagree with your last statement.
So to be clear, you are saying she had the foresight to keep the same clothes on with the main objective to be to explain why her fibers would be on everything related to JonBenet that night?

I have the unpopular opinion that one day someone will be charged with this murder and it won't be any of the family members. Why? I don't know, it's just a feeling I have. I know all the reasons it could be wrong. I know about the ransom note, the pineapple, and everything else. But at the end of the day, it's more likely to me that this crazy crime was done by some crazy outsider. Failing that, I could be stretched to believe that it was an accident by the son covered up by the parents in an extremely bizarre way, but that's a huge stretch if you ask me.

I think you give her way too much credit.

Why wouldn't she just have simply removed the sweater before doing all this stuff, if she was as smart as you think she is?
Her contact with JBR was reactionary.

I just don’t understand why it is so difficult for everyone to acknowledge that people (adults or children) are capable of committing horrendous acts of violence on their own family. It happens every day. This is a proven fact.

We can’t justify our beliefs by saying that ‘WE would never do that,’ or ‘WE know THEM and THEY could never do something like that.” This just is not realistic.

We should all know by now that people are fully capable of hiding sides to themselves that nobody else can see. Under the best of circumstances, we do not know where anyone’s breaking point is. What if someone has a hidden, perhaps undiagnosed, mental illness, condition, or temperament that the outside world is unaware of? What if someone has had to endure unthinkable family tragedy and dysfunction in their home life? Further, the holiday season can be extremely stressful.

Who is to say that a 9 year old child--almost 10—could not kill his younger, littler sister? I don’t believe it is out of the realm of possibility that could BR swing something with enough rage to create this amount of trauma to JBR’s skull; Or that he sexually assaulted her (like he had probably done before)? Or that he poked her with a toy in an attempt to awaken her and when he could not wake her, he left her there for someone else to deal with?

These wealthy parents focused on status and image and had to protect themselves and their remaining child. They did what they felt they had to do in the heat of the moment and, thereafter, did what they had to do to keep their secrets. They knew inappropriate things were going on in their house, but they did not do enough (or didn’t know how) to protect their daughter. They were probably in denial assuming that the problem would go away somehow. They were an important influential family--things like this didn’t exist in their world!

PR suffered for the rest of her short life and JR will suffer every day for the rest of his life-make no mistake about that. There is only one person in the world that came out of this tragedy smelling like roses, and it wasn’t an intruder. There is absolutely no proof that there was anyone in that house that night other than the four who resided there.

As Sherlock Holmes said, “…when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...”

All of this is my opinion only…

Who is to say that a 9 year old child--almost 10—could not kill his younger, littler sister?

I don't see almost anyone suggesting that a 9 year old child couldn't have killed his sister. All over the internet people are blaming Burke.

I'm actually a lot more puzzled as to why it is that almost no one seems to think that either one or the other of The Ramsey parents, either in a fit of rage or to conceal prior sexual abuse, could have caused their little girl's death.

Yes there are people all over the internet blaming BR, as there is people all over the internet blaming PR or JR or any combination there of. My point is that you can't discount anyone just because it is your opinion that a sibling or parent could not commit such a crime. And I don't know if I agree with your second statement either, as there are plenty of people out there that seem to think PR and/or JR committed the murder, definitely not 'almost no one.'
The problem with the case is that it is hard to follow the evidence because the evidence is so compromised. So, you have to rely on other information to make your case, like:
Spontaneous utterances that show consciousness of guilt of the crime
Repeated story changes which show clear signs of deception related to aspects of the crime
Not cooperating/withholding evidence from law enforcement
Just to name a few -- all circumstantial, of course.
-All my opinion

I just don’t understand why it is so difficult for everyone to acknowledge that people (adults or children) are capable of committing horrendous acts of violence on their own family. It happens every day. This is a proven fact.

We can’t justify our beliefs by saying that ‘WE would never do that,’ or ‘WE know THEM and THEY could never do something like that.” This just is not realistic.

We should all know by now that people are fully capable of hiding sides to themselves that nobody else can see. Under the best of circumstances, we do not know where anyone’s breaking point is. What if someone has a hidden, perhaps undiagnosed, mental illness, condition, or temperament that the outside world is unaware of? What if someone has had to endure unthinkable family tragedy and dysfunction in their home life? Further, the holiday season can be extremely stressful.

Who is to say that a 9 year old child--almost 10—could not kill his younger, littler sister? I don’t believe it is out of the realm of possibility that could BR swing something with enough rage to create this amount of trauma to JBR’s skull; Or that he sexually assaulted her (like he had probably done before)? Or that he poked her with a toy in an attempt to awaken her and when he could not wake her, he left her there for someone else to deal with?

These wealthy parents focused on status and image and had to protect themselves and their remaining child. They did what they felt they had to do in the heat of the moment and, thereafter, did what they had to do to keep their secrets. They knew inappropriate things were going on in their house, but they did not do enough (or didn’t know how) to protect their daughter. They were probably in denial assuming that the problem would go away somehow. They were an important influential family--things like this didn’t exist in their world!

PR suffered for the rest of her short life and JR will suffer every day for the rest of his life-make no mistake about that. There is only one person in the world that came out of this tragedy smelling like roses, and it wasn’t an intruder. There is absolutely no proof that there was anyone in that house that night other than the four who resided there.

As Sherlock Holmes said, “…when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...”

All of this is my opinion only…
But I don't think the parents would have sent BR off with the neighbor that morning if he was responsible for the head blow. Even if he was sent back to bed by the parents after alerting them that he had harmed her, and/or if he just left her there and went back to bed on his own, scared, because she wasn't waking up, and the parents later found her, do you really think the parents would risk him being questioned by the neighbor and Police at the neighbor's house, where they had to know he'd be questioned about what happened that night after they got home? And at 9, almost 10 years old, the parents couldn't be sure he wouldn't "spill the beans" about having hit his Sister during a Sibling argument. Even if the parents warned him "you cannot tell anyone you hit your Sister" etc., they couldn't be sure once he was out of their sight /their control that he would keep the "secret". Just seems too risky to me to send him off that morning, especially when you consider everything they did to.cover-up after BR hit her, if that's what truly had happened. IMO, this is one of the reasons, amongst a few others, that the BDI theory doesn't really add up.

But I think that is exactly why they did send him off with the neighbor. They probably assumed nobody would ask him anything over there since all the police officers were at their house. We don't know what their family dynamic was. They may have had a reason for thinking that he was better off out of there. They may have known that he has kept plenty of secrets, so perhaps he would continue to do so. Either choice was a risk, but they chose the less riskiest in their opinion.

But I think that is exactly why they did send him off with the neighbor. They probably assumed nobody would ask him anything over there since all the police officers were at their house. We don't know what their family dynamic was. They may have had a reason for thinking that he was better off out of there. They may have known that he has kept plenty of secrets, so perhaps he would continue to do so. Either choice was a risk, but they chose the less riskiest in their opinion.
I definitely understand what you are saying and agree about the Family dynamics and the "secrets" for sure! I may be mistaken, but if I my memory serves, I thought I read somewhere that BR was questioned by a Police Officer at the neighbor's house that next morning.

Even if the case is not BDI, Burke knows now one of his parents killed JonBenet, yet online and probably offline he gets blamed, he cannot win.

Burke Ramsey must be living in a Kafkaesque world only time will tell if he turns to drugs or drink?

Consider how Burke goes along with what John and LW advise him to do, e.g. appear on Dr. Phil, and make loadsa dollars, he says what he is told, etc.

Yet if he killed JonBenet he knows, if he didn't he knows which parent did as he knows the true version of events, e.g. JonBenet walking into the house, pineapple snack, going back downstairs, 911 call, etc.

If the case is JDI will he come clean once JR departs this world?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back