WHO is searching for Kyron?

On this balmy Sunday, searchers were instructed not to talk to the media or discuss their tactics. However, we did overhear one searcher with a dog – one of five dogs sniffing over Sauvie Island Sunday – say "Bones, we're looking for bones."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/104248539.html

I check the Skyline School website occasionally and noticed this small entry in the October 4 issue of The Eagle's Nest newsletter:

Search and Rescue this Weekend
Another targeted search and rescue is taking place in the Skyline area – Oct 9th and 10th Saturday and Sunday. Search and Rescue folks have asked if Skyline School families would like to support the search by donating these store bought items: sport /energy drinks (individually wrapped), granola bars, candy bars, cookies, chips, fruit (apple, pears, oranges). Please no homemade items.
Drop off at Skyline School as soon as possible – they need them for Friday. Cash donations to help offset food costs are accepted as well!). Contact xxxxxx xxxxx with questions (*advertiser censored*) *advertiser censored*-xxxx.

Presumably, the newsletter article is about a search for Kyron, but there is no specific mention of him :waitasec: I can't help wondering why they don't want to mention Kyron's name; seems strange to me, but jmo.
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/10_04_10_issue_2.pdf

That is weird indeed. I hope it's a search involving Kyron and not someone else missing.

I'm glad to hear the search next weekend is a go. Maybe Kyron is so much on the minds and tongues of the community at Skyline, that it would be redundant (and maybe even feel condescending) to say his name. I mean, as IF anyone who reads the newsletter doesn't know who the search is for....??? Maybe? IMO

I check the Skyline School website occasionally and noticed this small entry in the October 4 issue of The Eagle's Nest newsletter:

Search and Rescue this Weekend
Another targeted search and rescue is taking place in the Skyline area – Oct 9th and 10th Saturday and Sunday. Search and Rescue folks have asked if Skyline School families would like to support the search by donating these store bought items: sport /energy drinks (individually wrapped), granola bars, candy bars, cookies, chips, fruit (apple, pears, oranges). Please no homemade items.
Drop off at Skyline School as soon as possible – they need them for Friday. Cash donations to help offset food costs are accepted as well!). Contact xxxxxx xxxxx with questions (*advertiser censored*) *advertiser censored*-xxxx.

Presumably, the newsletter article is about a search for Kyron, but there is no specific mention of him :waitasec: I can't help wondering why they don't want to mention Kyron's name; seems strange to me, but jmo.
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/10_04_10_issue_2.pdf

The money collected is supposed to go to the search effort.

I'm glad to hear the search next weekend is a go. Maybe Kyron is so much on the minds and tongues of the community at Skyline, that it would be redundant (and maybe even feel condescending) to say his name. I mean, as IF anyone who reads the newsletter doesn't know who the search is for....??? Maybe? IMO

I'm sure that your post is well-intended, but I live in Michigan and know about the Kyron case only from the media and this message board. Perhaps Kyron is on the minds of Portland locals 24/7, but I'm not aware of anyone in my neck of the woods who knows about the case unless they've heard about it from me. jmo

Sorry, maybe it DID sound condescending. I was just thinking that the parents of Skyline School are the ones who will generally be reading the newsletter, via their kids' packs, where the search was mentioned. I doubt there's a person within 5 miles of that school who doesn't know about it. In fact, they're probably close enough to have seen media, previous searches, and been questioned by LE personally. For everyone else, yes, it would be helpful to know who the search was for.

I'm sure that your post is well-intended, but I live in Michigan and know about the Kyron case only from the media and this message board. Perhaps Kyron is on the minds of Portland locals 24/7, but I'm not aware of anyone in my neck of the woods who knows about the case unless they've heard about it from me. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back