Who made up the defense's explanation in opening statements? *POLL*

Who came up with the "GA" did it defense?

• JB e.t. al., made it up

Votes: 168 40.4%
  • It's what ICA told JB happened

Votes: 220 52.9%
  • They got it from an old episode of Star Trek

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • And of course the famous, "None of the above!"

Votes: 22 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had a hard time deciding and have already forgotten how I voted! After reading some posts however, I must agree that its probably a combination of what ICA told JB and some creative writing on behalf of the defense team. It's as if they found the most damaging of evidence and tried to write the story to explain it.

One of the legal analysts pointed out that the opening statement was more like a public skewering of all the people that ICA and JB perceive wronged them. To me its deliberate to further inflict pain on CA and GA, even LA.

I think the whole thing is totally an ICA fantasy story. I have watched so many legal experts comment that the DT's case would have been so much easier and had so much better chance of creating reasonable doubt if they had just gone with the simple accident theory version that Caylee died accidently and ICA (alone) freaked out and covered it up. None of them can understand why they threw in George and the molestation to make it harder for them. I think ICA didn't want to accept ANY blame whatsoever and demanded they go with the story JB told in his OS.

I couldn't agree more. The way the scenario was presented by JB in his Opening Statement had "Casey" written all over it.........too much detail, too many characters, etc.,.......and yet one important detail, when the "accidental drowning" occurred was vague, just like the story Casey gave regarding the "approximate time" she'd dropped Caylee off at ZFG's apartment (between 9:00am and 1:00pm).

MOO

I had a hard time deciding and have already forgotten how I voted! After reading some posts however, I must agree that its probably a combination of what ICA told JB and some creative writing on behalf of the defense team. It's as if they found the most damaging of evidence and tried to write the story to explain it.

One of the legal analysts pointed out that the opening statement was more like a public skewering of all the people that ICA and JB perceive wronged them. To me its deliberate to further inflict pain on CA and GA, even LA.

An "Enemies List" seems particularly appropriate for that duo.

I think the whole thing is totally an ICA fantasy story. I have watched so many legal experts comment that the DT's case would have been so much easier and had so much better chance of creating reasonable doubt if they had just gone with the simple accident theory version that Caylee died accidently and ICA (alone) freaked out and covered it up. None of them can understand why they threw in George and the molestation to make it harder for them. I think ICA didn't want to accept ANY blame whatsoever and demanded they go with the story JB told in his OS.

I agree this sounds so much like the ICA over the top type of elaborate fantasy, complete with details of which direction she and GA went and how GA was the one who found Caylee. I do think this was her revised story to JB once the death band hair was found. She has to make herself absolutely blameless- other than making up the ZFG story= that was to cover for GA deposing of the body, cos she's SOOOO scared of him and CA reaction to her not being attentive to Caylee, so not her fault either. She may have believed that GA would actually throw himself on the sword to save her- JB's whole line of questioning at that hearing may have been to reassure her that GA would still cover for her. He may even have been on board then, but when they threw in the abuse stuff, I think CA's sense of how others would see them went into high gear and she nixed it, especially since they were going to throw LA in the mix, too. Like everyone else, I'm not sure how RK got thrown into this - I think ICA may have recognized him as their own meter reader and when he was the one who found Caylee, ICA just wove him into it, possibly she saw her dad speak to RK at their home some time in the past, or she wove him in after JB dug up that ludicrious stuff from his xwife about duct tape, and she thought-aha! that's how I'll explain the duct tape! We've seen how she just adds on and adds on once she starts a lie. The nanny ended up with a whole family and work history, invisafriends had relationships and children, etc. It doesn't matter to ICA if there are some giant gapping holes in the lies, like no pay check coming from the invisajob, people should just believe her! She may have even fooled the DT into beleiving this carp, and they have to go with what she tells them, but i think the lawyers are fine with it, cos it ups their own agendas- media attention, free publicity/advertising. possible TH positions in the future. Sorry-rambling now- head may explode......:maddening::banghead:

lol...I just voted and then forgot! I think JB gave KC some suggestions and let her go from there. He probably asked her if her father had ever sexually abused her. Or if she said she and GA had differences from time to time, JB might have asked her, "are you SURE your dad never abused you?" Maybe he even told her she acted like an abuse victim.

Kind of the way the therapists accidently planted abuse memories in their client's minds back before people knew about False Memory Syndrome.

lol...I just voted and then forgot! I think JB gave KC some suggestions and let her go from there. He probably asked her if her father had ever sexually abused her. Or if she said she and GA had differences from time to time, JB might have asked her, "are you SURE your dad never abused you?" Maybe he even told her she acted like an abuse victim.

Kind of the way the therapists accidently planted abuse memories in their client's minds back before people knew about False Memory Syndrome.

Your post reminded me of a great movie, Anatomy of a Murder. In the movie Jimmy Stewart is a defense attorney and he has a client who has not only shot a man but did so in full view of a witness. The client's story is sure to cause a jury to find him guilty, so the attorney gently "coaches" him into a different story, one that will be difficult to prove but has a good chance of convincing a jury that he wasn't sane for those few minutes while he was seized with "an irresistable impulse" to shoot and kill the man he thought had sexually assaulted his wife.

Maybe Baez and Mason are fans of the movie.

The sexual assault story was out there before Caylee died. She said something similar to TonE L, only it was more on LA than GA. She must have concocted that story for some time to evoke sympathy -or whatever- just like she concocted ZFG way before the "kidnapping". I wonder how old she was when the lies began?

An "Enemies List" seems particularly appropriate for that duo.

I often wondered if they had an 'enemies list'.
How appropriate for someone as eager to throw people under the bus as Casey to have a list of people to destroy. moo

I voted JB but I would have chosen "Lenny made it up" if it had been an option :floorlaugh: It seriously sounds like Lenny spin to me!

The entire theory is too far fetched to be true. The truth is generally pretty simple, the more complex the story, the bigger chance that it is a lie.

Regardless of who actually came up with this story or defense strategy... did anyone have that "AHA" moment?? Did anyone say to themselves.. "WOW! That explains everything!"

Just checking, because it didn't happen to me.. yet.

Definitely, Casey!

Remember in Jose's opening statement Casey said George said, "You will spend the rest of your FREAKING life in prison." Well, Casey uses that word, FREAKING, during her jail house videos and I've never head George use that term once, at all.

I think Casey actually thought her parents would do anything to help her get out of jail. Up until the day the trail started I think Casey thought her Mom would stand by her and or her dad would even say that for her. She was really wrong.

Does anyone know what happened to the big lady who is married to convicted death row guy? Where did she go?

I voted for the story was made up by Casey because I think all the way up to GA using duct tape to frame Casey for murder was all her idea. The RK part is all JB imo so I'm quite sure it was a combo and who knows if any of the ideas were prompted by CM or some other DT member past or present. The impression I got from the depos is JB really believes he has a better botany expert than the state and he wasn't going to pass up the chance to out-do the state with at least one thing. It helps him look smart and confuse the jury. :floorlaugh:

I think that JB sad pretty much said word for word what Casey told him, what really happened to Caylee and I think she told him this story after the body was found.
I can just see her sitting there in her jail cell bawling her eyes out telling it to him without any hesitation what so ever.
I don't think she thought her dad would fall on any sword, I don't think she gave it any thought, nor how much it would hurt him or her mother.
Casey doesn't consider anyone when it comes to making Casey look good or completely blameless.
The RK story, I don't see how she would have come up with that one, I think I will give JB all the credit for that.

The sexual assault story was out there before Caylee died. She said something similar to TonE L, only it was more on LA than GA. She must have concocted that story for some time to evoke sympathy -or whatever- just like she concocted ZFG way before the "kidnapping". I wonder how old she was when the lies began?

I'm thinking Casey started lying the moment she was old enough to form sentences ... Possibly sooner.

I think that both KC and JB made up this story. I think that KC made up the part about GA molesting her to get sympathy from the jurors as an excuse for her lies and I think JB made up the Kronk stuff which is ridiculous but I think they want the jury to believe Kronk put on the duct tape and not KC so they are going to try and pin that on him. I wonder how they are going to explain how the body got from GA to Kronk tho?? I don't think the jury is going to fall for any of this junk tho and that Baez helped put the needle in her arm. It is so outlandish no one will believe it.

Regardless of who actually came up with this story or defense strategy... did anyone have that "AHA" moment?? Did anyone say to themselves.. "WOW! That explains everything!"

There was no AHA moment for me either. Just OMGosh this is revolting. Throwing everyone and anything around, still trying to see what sticks.

Oh, no! I voted based on the title title of this thread, "Who made up the defense's explanation in opening statements?", instead of the title the poll, "Who came up with the "GA" did it defense?". Not that I believe the answers aren't the same, however.

Casey may have told them everything that was used in opening statements at different times, but to me, it sounds like Jose Baez had a strong input into what he said. I believe JB and CM, but mostly JB, decided to throw everything into the pot because that's what people were saying since the beginning. Cindy kept jabbering about the pool ladder, Kronk stepped into the mix with his four discoveries of a skull in a bag, Casey wrote letters to her jailhouse buddies accusing her brother and father, so JB decided to run with it all. The only thing he didn't use was the babysitter story told by Casey herself in the beginning and JB for ages after. Maybe because he thought it was too outrageous to be believable. :crazy: Even CA said she just stopped looking for ZFG six weeks prior to trial. Really, Cindy?

It's such a bizarrely concocted story, with so many outrageous elements, I can't see anyone falling for any part of it. I'm speaking of JB's opening statement, not just "GA did it". According to JB, no one "did it" but others (GA, RK, the sandman) covered it up for their purposes. It sounds like something a novice writer might try and a get rejected numerous times before tossing the novel and starting over.

It's just not logical.

I voted JB et al made it up: JB, ICA, CM (whose supposedly a respected attorney!), and the rest of the entire team (old and new) after reading and watching everything available on this case, grabbing "blogger theories" wherever they could. Can't see how CM went along with it since he's so "respected". :rolleyes:

Well, uh, that would be "no". Now if you asked us if we had a "WTF?" moment, I could say "Yes, yes, yes. Lots of them.". :crazy: It doesn't even sound like one of ICA's elaborate stories, unless you remove Kronk, even then, it sounds like a mish-mash of everyone's theories.

JB's opening statement told me they had no defense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit
Back