• PR-it wasn't sexual abuse,it was corporal punishment

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • she wasn't previously abused/molested

Votes: 103 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miz Adventure,
Paraphrasing: Patsy said JonBenet would sometimes at night wet her bed then go along to Burke's room for comfort.

Why would she need comforting for wetting her bed? There was a spare bed in her own room.

"Patsy said"

Right.:rolleyes:

I searched for PR's quote about JB going to BR's room after wetting the bed at night and interestingly, all I could find was this:

"If JonBenét wet her bed, she'd often go into Burke's room and sleep in the spare bed there," the insider disclosed.
(from a National Enquirer article)

If anybody has a transcript link for PR's statement about this, I'd be interested in reading it and also the one about JBR sleeping in BR's room on Christmas Eve in order to wake up early.

The thing about JB going into BR's room at night after wetting the bed does seem odd to me. She had a second bed of her own. This possibly disrupts another person's sleep. If she needs comfort, it should be provided by her mother. If PR didn't know there were possible issues with BR, she should have.. Her daughter was having frequent urinary and genitalia issues. Those were red flags and any mother worth her salt knows that. She should have been taking precautionary measures, not sticking her head in the sand.

^ If BR's extra bed was more often free of all of the clutter that we see on JBR's extra bed, then again, that makes sense to me.

When I was young I had three brothers and a sister. My parents always made sure my sister had her own room and we were poor. This sometimes meant all the boys havin to pile up in one room. Not sayin they thought anything bad about us but its still just the point. The parents are responsible.

If I can imagine being a little 6 year old in that massive house, on a different floor than my parents and pretty far down the hall from the only other occupant of the house, I can see running down that hall when shadows turned into monsters, as they so often do when you are 6.

If I can imagine being a little 6 year old in that massive house, on a different floor than my parents and pretty far down the hall from the only other occupant of the house, I can see running down that hall when shadows turned into monsters, as they so often do when you are 6.

I think she may have been more likely to go straight up a flight of stairs to her parents' bedroom.

And that house probably only looks creepy to us because we know it's history.
Before the killing it was possibly just seen as a lovely family home by the people who lived there.

The basement however, is another matter. I've always disliked basements. I'm not surprised that the new owners gutted the basement and made one big room out of it.

I think she may have been more likely to go straight up a flight of stairs to her parents' bedroom.

Before the killing it was possibly just seen as a lovely family home by the people who lived there.

The basement however, is another matter. I've always disliked basements. I'm not surprised that the new owners gutted the basement and made one big room out of it.
Ugh. Basements. My current residence is a townhouse style with the garage in the basement. I hate it! I had to add extra lights and still have to work myself up to go down there to take out garbage and do laundry. And I'm a grown woman! Although admittedly I also got frightened by my cats making weird shadows just the other night. My husband is in another state and I can't wait until he gets to me and can deal with the scary basement garage! I have to go down there this evening and I'm dreading it.

The Ramsey basement was so big and dark and I probably wouldn't have ever gone down there willingly and never alone! ESPECIALLY that weird "wine cellar" which apparently never actually held wine.

I actually don't find the house creepy. I mean, it had that 1990's faux Victorian mixing of patterns and florals and stripes going on all over the place, but aside from that, I agree, the basement was the only horrifying pre-murder thing about the house. But when my kids where six they were still afraid of the dark and she was pretty isolated.

I know the stories about the switching around of the bedrooms on the second floor, but the third floor master retreat seems an unnecessary luxury with such young kids. And how old was JBR when they moved up there? Four? Five at most? I get wanting space from your kids, and with teens I'd like to move to the fourth floor (alas, I don't have one) but I don't understand not wanting to be closer to your young kids, especially when the second floor could accommodate all four family members nicely and still leave plenty of guest space in the house.

I actually don't find the house creepy. I mean, it had that 1990's faux Victorian mixing of patterns and florals and stripes going on all over the place, but aside from that, I agree, the basement was the only horrifying pre-murder thing about the house. But when my kids where six they were still afraid of the dark and she was pretty isolated.

I know the stories about the switching around of the bedrooms on the second floor, but the third floor master retreat seems an unnecessary luxury with such young kids. And how old was JBR when they moved up there? Four? Five at most? I get wanting space from your kids, and with teens I'd like to move to the fourth floor (alas, I don't have one) but I don't understand not wanting to be closer to your young kids, especially when the second floor could accommodate all four family members nicely and still leave plenty of guest space in the house.

If I'm not mistaken the R's had the house completely re-modelled to incorporate a 'master suite' in the loft area. It looks rather nice, with the dormer windows, but I think it's strange that there seems to be no door to the room. The kids could have just snuck upstairs and the parents wouldn't have been aware of this. It could be indicative that the parents weren't having nooky anymore so they didn't care. Lol.

If I'm not mistaken the R's had the house completely re-modelled to incorporate a 'master suite' in the loft area. It looks rather nice, with the dormer windows, but I think it's strange that there seems to be no door to the room. The kids could have just snuck upstairs and the parents wouldn't have been aware of this. It could be indicative that the parents weren't having nooky anymore so they didn't care. Lol.
I'll confess that crossed my dirty mind. We have a semi-finished third floor that we've been thinking about converting into a master for the past few years. Wait a few more years longer and the kids will have moved out, so it will probably never happen, but when I visualize how I'd organize it, privacy is one of the first things that comes to mind. Even in the 1950's built little rancher I grew up in, the biggest of the little bedrooms was the one door with a lock. So isolation but no privacy for Pats and John. Yet another small Ramsey oddity.

This has always puzzled me also. Supposedly, according to housekeepers, there was zero action going on between the two anyway.

I can't imagine a man of JR's power and wealth didn't have discrete female friends, of the compensated variety or otherwise. Patsy lived in a whirlwind fantasy world and I can see her intentionally not noticing.

I can't imagine a man of JR's power and wealth didn't have discrete female friends, of the compensated variety or otherwise. Patsy lived in a whirlwind fantasy world and I can see her intentionally not noticing.

Yes, I suspect he had female 'friends' (where did he go to on Christmas Day? Yes, I know he told Patsy he went to check his airplane, or whatever....but did he?)

I'm not so sure Patsy would have put up with knowing there was another woman. Even if she didn't want her husband I think she would have made darn sure no other woman was going to get her hooks into him.

If PR didn't know there were possible issues with BR, she should have.. Her daughter was having frequent urinary and genitalia issues. Those were red flags and any mother worth her salt knows that. She should have been taking precautionary measures, not sticking her head in the sand.

Yup! Was just reading 'The Day After Christmas' and they listed the doctor appointments.

It’s possible JonBenét’s halitosis comes from a simple lack of hygiene. If she’s not brushing her teeth regularly, this is also indicative of an absent or negligent parent. The inability to wean JonBenét off the bottle isn’t surprising given the bedwetting regression. Bedwetting and failure to wean off a bottle frequently go hand in hand.

One wonders if the neglect was so severe that JonBenét got virtually every infection there was – ear, throat, nose, urinary, vaginal – what other neglect was possible? The answer is if JonBenét’s neglect was chronic this would certainly have ushered in the possibility of an older sibling abusing or harming his younger sibling, especially if he felt neglected because of her arrival on the scene [and not because of Patsy’s cancer].

I have thought this for so long. IMO there was so much neglect. And like you said, any mother worth her salt would NOT stick her hand in the sand. PR may have had two children but beyond that, I really don't consider PR a mother.

I'm not so sure Patsy would have put up with knowing there was another woman. Even if she didn't want her husband I think she would have made darn sure no other woman was going to get her hooks into him.

So ironic considering the Gloria fiasco where PR covered for cowardly cowering JR. (I think that was her name).

Well, if true then we know where the anger in the RN came from.

*snip*

IMO, she definitely did that.

I'll confess that crossed my dirty mind. We have a semi-finished third floor that we've been thinking about converting into a master for the past few years. Wait a few more years longer and the kids will have moved out, so it will probably never happen, but when I visualize how I'd organize it, privacy is one of the first things that comes to mind. Even in the 1950's built little rancher I grew up in, the biggest of the little bedrooms was the one door with a lock. So isolation but no privacy for Pats and John. Yet another small Ramsey oddity.

I am not convinced that they both even slept in that master suite..

Well, if true then we know where the anger in the RN came from.
Definitely some serious frustration directed at John in the letter, whatever the reason. I wonder how they lived for 10 more years together. Or did they really? Come to think if it, I've never heard much about their post-JBR life, aside from the immediate weeks and some details on what property they sold or bought.

They appeared on a couple videos I know of:

[video=vimeo;39449004]https://vimeo.com/39449004[/video]

They laugh and joke and seem unified. But as we all know, that could just be for show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288