• PR-it wasn't sexual abuse,it was corporal punishment

Votes: 89 13.4%
  • she wasn't previously abused/molested

Votes: 103 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be going back there.

I would advise anyone who values their sanity to keep away from that forum.

So, here's a possibility I don't think has been discussed, though admittedly I'm not comfortable even researching this. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember long ago hearing about some similar form of sexual abuse where the goal was to sort of jump-start or accelerate the process of maturity.

In a sick world where mother's bleach hair, bleach teeth, subject young girls to spray tans and tanning booths, and go even so far as feeding a girl tapeworm eggs for weight loss, such a step may not seem so outlandish (thought it certainly should.)

Who knows what strange rumors, tips, or tricks are shared by the most passionate or pageant moms. A mother who's daughters rising star may be hindered by a lack of maturity both mentally and physically may take unseemly measures.

So, here's a possibility I don't think has been discussed, though admittedly I'm not comfortable even researching this. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember long ago hearing about some similar form of sexual abuse where the goal was to sort of jump-start or accelerate the process of maturity.

In a sick world where mother's bleach hair, bleach teeth, subject young girls to spray tans and tanning booths, and go even so far as feeding a girl tapeworm eggs for weight loss, such a step may not seem so outlandish (thought it certainly should.)

Who knows what strange rumors, tips, or tricks are shared by the most passionate or pageant moms. A mother who's daughters rising star may be hindered by a lack of maturity both mentally and physically may take unseemly measures.

I think PR was almost obsessive about those pageants; these things become more than just a hobby. I don't honestly think she would have been quite that fanatical though.

This is just my opinion but I think that NO mom should be putting make up on a child under the age of 5, or trying to enhance her appearance with dyes and cosmetics.

Ermm. That is absurd. I actually feel a bit sick after reading this :(

sedndun,
I doubt this. Yet Patsy was comfortable with JonBenet and Burke sharing bedrooms.

Patsy definitely neglected JonBenet and Burke's welfare to the alter of pageants.

Patsy was grooming JonBenet for better things, would she have become another Britney Spears appearing on some Disney talent show, I suspect Patsy hoped so, she was spending lots of dollars on tutors for JonBenet along with her outfits.

Guess what Burke got?

But did they actually share bedrooms? I know Patsy said so, but is that good enough for us?

It may simply have been her way of convincing people that BR was totally harmless when he was around his sister.

JBR had two beds in her own room. It would have been quite easy for her to run upstairs to her parents room if, for any reason, she had needed comforting.

I can't imagine a 9 year old boy wanting his kid sister in his room.

(Maybe it has been proven that they shared a bedroom on occasions? In which case I sit corrected).

But did they actually share bedrooms? I know Patsy said so, but is that good enough for us?

It may simply have been her way of convincing people that BR was totally harmless when he was around his sister.

JBR had two beds in her own room. It would have been quite easy for her to run upstairs to her parents room if, for any reason, she had needed comforting.

I can't imagine a 9 year old boy wanting his kid sister in his room.

(Maybe it has been proven that they shared a bedroom on occasions? In which case I sit corrected).

Miz Adventure,
Who knows, maybe its Patsy spinning so to explain away a mountain of Burke's forensic evidence in JonBenet's bedroom?

Patsy stated in interview that on Christmas Eve JonBenet and Burke shared a bedroom, Christmas excitement and all that.

So why not Christmas Day night also? That sounds reasonable given they are both on vacation, and are rising at the same time for their flight.

The mess in JonBenet's bedroom, with stuff all over the floor, according to Kolar Burke's pajama pants are on the floor, the bed has been taken apart, JonBenet's pink pajama bottoms have vanished.

If you don't want to believe Patsy, then consider Linda Hoffman Pugh's account of finding JonBenet and Burke beneath the covers, in her bedroom, with JonBenet telling LHP to Go Away.

Its not a smoking gun, but I guess people do not want to think bad stuff happens in millionaires houses?

Miz Adventure,
Who knows, maybe its Patsy spinning so to explain away a mountain of Burke's forensic evidence in JonBenet's bedroom?

Patsy stated in interview that on Christmas Eve JonBenet and Burke shared a bedroom, Christmas excitement and all that.

So why not Christmas Day night also? That sounds reasonable given they are both on vacation, and are rising at the same time for their flight.

The mess in JonBenet's bedroom, with stuff all over the floor, according to Kolar Burke's pajama pants are on the floor, the bed has been taken apart, JonBenet's pink pajama bottoms have vanished.

If you don't want to believe Patsy, then consider Linda Hoffman Pugh's account of finding JonBenet and Burke beneath the covers, in her bedroom, with JonBenet telling LHP to Go Away.

Its not a smoking gun, but I guess people do not want to think bad stuff happens in millionaires houses?

I didn't know LPH said that. I can't see any reason why she would lie so I presume it's true.

I believe bad stuff happens to all kinds of people.

I didn't know LPH said that. I can't see any reason why she would lie so I presume it's true.

I believe bad stuff happens to all kinds of people.

Miz Adventure,
She did, and she probably knew it happened regularly, after all, with some discretion, she could elect to stay out of JonBenet's bedroom if she heard some noise.

Playing Doctor or something else? For years I thought the former I now think the latter since it fits directly into a homicide theory.

We need Kolar to tells us what he knows.

LHP wasn't somebody that I would want as a housekeeper. Presumably she thought it wasn't her job to pick up clothes or generally tidy the place. She should have felt ashamed of herself when the FBI video was released to the public.

LHP wasn't somebody that I would want as a housekeeper. Presumably she thought it wasn't her job to pick up clothes or generally tidy the place. She should have felt ashamed of herself when the FBI video was released to the public.
It's a 7K sq ft house, and apparently PR was statisfied with LHP's services. Looks to me like the basement was not on her cleaning list at all, as though the whole area was a designated junk depository.

LHP was only there 18 hrs a week: M-W-F 9-3. Thats's not many hrs for dusting, vacuuming, laundry, etc. She hadn't been there since the 23rd, when they were preparing for the party. From PMPT: "She and her brother would just leave everything on the floor-their socks, their shoes, toys, books, just everything. They were never trained to put things away properly.":
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-linda-hoffmann-pugh.htm
I first met JonBenet when she was in preschool. She was home, like, half a day. Patsy called her Jonnie B. I spent half my time picking up after her. She and her brother would just leave everything on the floor-their socks, their shoes, toys, books, just everything. They were never trained to put things away properly.

I always came in the side door, and I'd walk right into the kitchen and not know where to start. Dishes all over. If they had Ovaltine, the jar would still be open. I always had to wipe the peanut butter off the counter. "I think we ought to get a hamper," I told Patsy.

"Yeah, that sounds good," she answered. But we never got one.

"Linda is not here to pick up," Patsy's mother would say.

"She's here to clean. How do you expect her to do a good job if she's picking up?"

"OK, Mom, I'll work it out."

Patsy's clothes went into the laundry chute. I never had to pick up after John. Maybe once- a pair of shoes. Patsy changed purses once a week. She'd lay her purse ON THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE and I'd clean it out and put it in the closet. She had maybe forty of them , and even more pairs of shoes. I think the problem with the children was they didn't have any responsibility. They were spoiled.

One of the 3 surviving family members was molesting her, one of them killed her and one of more of them covered up the crime, that is all we know.

The most mentally unstable one was PR.

One of the 3 surviving family members was molesting her, one of them killed her and one of more of them covered up the crime, that is all we know.

TeaTime,
Thats sounds about right. Yet we know a bit more, i.e. what the staging might tell us?

Would either of the parents have elected to redress JonBenet in size-12's and Burke's long johns, if the idea was to make JonBenet look like she went to bed as normal?

I don't think so, the parent(s) would have made a better job of the staging, consider the pineapple snack, would Patsy not have cleaned all that away?

Like Burke said coyly to Dr Phil I know they think I dd it!

Along with his remark about JonBenet Flaunting, well that's a neat insight into his mind.

Not a smoking gun, so no cigar, but my money is on BDI with a twist.

So much of a twist Kolar cannot even drop a hint other than his behavioral disorder reference.

We don't know that do we? Didn't BR have mental issues?

I agree PR seemed a neurotic type but a lot of women are, given a bit of provocation.

I still don't buy into the theory that she strangled her child. I think she may have been at the end of her tether by the end of Christmas night, because she must have known the kids were still up - but murdering her own child. Why in the world would she?

Nope, that makes no sense. Not to me anyway.

Yes, to say Patsy was the most unstable family member is a conclusion based upon very limited evidence. First, she may have had a personality that many would not have gravitated to, was clearly an over-the -top stage mother, and was an awful housekeeper, but we don't know enough about her day to day behavior to conclude she was mentally ill or unstable. We also know very little about Burke's mental health around the time of and after the murder as his medical info has been well-sequestered. In such a vacuum, it is not logical to make any conclusions regarding who was more unstable.

Yes, to say Patsy was the most unstable family member is a conclusion based upon very limited evidence. First, she may have had a personality that many would not have gravitated to, was clearly an over-the -top stage mother, and was an awful housekeeper, but we don't know enough about her day to day behavior to conclude she was mentally ill or unstable. We also know very little about Burke's mental health around the time of and after the murder as his medical info has been well-sequestered. In such a vacuum, it is not logical to make any conclusions regarding who was more unstable.

I agree, we know very little about Patsy. We can read in to some of her actions, wanting the doctor to cure JBs chicken pocks before a photo shoot, dressing her as a "sexy witch", bleaching her hair, etc., but I don't think anything has ever come to light that would qualify her as being unstable. Burke on the other hand... Kolar talks about subpoenaing his psychiatric records which indicates to me that such records do exist. How many 9 year olds do you know that have psychiatric records? I think its safe to assume that something was going on with that kid. As far as John goes, he was the most prone to lose his temper. He also seemed to have little to do with the kids and was absent much of the time. So take your pick, any of them is capable.

I agree PR seemed a neurotic type but a lot of women are, given a bit of provocation.

I still don't buy into the theory that she strangled her child. I think she may have been at the end of her tether by the end of Christmas night, because she must have known the kids were still up - but murdering her own child. Why in the world would she?

Nope, that makes no sense. Not to me anyway.

To finish the job BR started....when she saw there was no hope for JonBenet to survive.....she could then save at least BR

JonBenet had received a bicycle Christmas morning and she was riding it around outside all morning until they left for the White's. If you're a girl or woman, you likely know that when you ride a new bike or with a new seat - it hurts and can even become bruised 'down there', sometimes for days. I think it's highly likely that any external redness / irritation was caused by the new bike she rode all morning.

I think the whole pineapple issue was a red herring - and never existed.

First of all, the coroner said there was a 'substance similar to pineapple' in JonBenet's small intestines. She didn't confirm if it was pineapple or not.

Second, the small intestines are between 9 - 20 feet long and it takes between 6 - 8 hours after food is ingested to reach the small intestines (Mayo Clinic). Therefore, it's not possible according ot any theories that JonBenet ate pineapple after she got home and was killed 6 - 8 hours after ingesting it.

Third, the photo of the bowl on the table looks to be apples and grits, a common breakfast for people from the South (Atlanta). The contents of the bowl was not confirmed nor tested, somebody after the fact claimed the content in the bowl appeared to be pineapple. The assumption that it was pineapple seems to have taken on urban legend proportions.

Fourth, only the prints on the bowl were tested. The prints belonged to Patsy - which would be there because she's likely the person who puts away dishes from the dishwasher - and Burke's.

GIven the chaos that morning, and that several of Pasty's friends had come over and helped to clean up the kitchen before the area was closed off as a crime scene. it's entirely possible Burke got the large bowl and overly large spoon to eat some apples and grits, as he was likely hungry by lunchtime (he was only nine and needed food) and it's doubtful anyone thought to make him something to eat.

Apple and grits were possibly in the refrigerator from the previous Christmas morning. There was no pineapple in the refrigerator, and Patsy said she didn't give JonBenet any pineapple. Even if one believes Patsy is a compulsive liar, lying about JonBenet not eating pineapple serves no utility.

And again, cornor never confirmed it was pineapple in her small intestines, stating only that it had the consistency pineapple - ingested 6-8 hours prior to death. And nobody confirmed what food was in the bowl, there is only a photo of it. A uncertain statement by the coronor and an unclear photo do not pineapple make. To me it looks like apples and grits.

I'm uncertain why so many want to believe Patsy or Burke killed JonBenet while they were cleared by DNA. The DNA profile was that of a man of latino heritage. Nothing rules out the intruder theory supported by Lou Smit, a Colorado Springs homicide detective (yes, ironically Lou worked with Joe Kenda of Homicide Detective) who had solved over 200 homicides and was hired by the DA. Since few people have ever solved one homicide, I put a lot of weight into Smit's findings.

I welcome any facts, not 'behaviors', that dispute or cast doubt on any of the items I wrote of in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288