Who was George Brody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annasmom- I THINK Scherzer was born in the US. I was just doing a quick search on Rootsweb.com when I saw Austria/Czechoslovakia. I did some more searching and there are families with the last name Scherzer in Pennsylvania.

I believe that there was some speculation that Brody may been of Hungarian ancestory because that is where the Kukoda's originally immigrated from. There also was the Hungarian Olympic athelete that was a person of interest.

Are you sure GB was about 65 when you met him? Is there ANY chance he COULD have been older? From the pictures I've seen of GB (I believe the ones Joe Ford took) he looks he could've been close to 100 but thats just my opinion. Hmm

Remember that when those pictures were taken, Brody was probably already suffering from his cancer, which would certainly made him look older.

Doogie- Thanks. Now it makes sense why GB looked he could be 100 years old in that photo.

Back to Brubaker:
I did a search for Brubaker there was a boxer in the 1930s named Phil Brubaker who was born in CA. Could it be family?

Also, I am getting a lot of hits with Brubaker, boxing, politics, and Pennsylvania

I know Anna's middle name was Eifee, not Effie. Could 'GB'/Brubaker have gotten the spelling wrong if he was naming Anna after his sister or cousin or something because I found this:

EFFIE V BRUBAKER 05 Apr 1899 09 Aug 1994 16635 (Duncansville, Blair, PA)

Probably just a coincide but worth posting although Anna's middle name was Effie.

i was looking at the photos of brody and was thinking that when my great grandpa was alive he lived to be 93 he didnt look his age at all. he could have passed for someone in there late 70s early 80s. then we have BRUBAKER, at first it almost sounded like brody but i was pronunicing it wrong but kinda weird they both have names starting with BR

SherlockJr- I see that you found a list of names of the owners of the house on Geary St.

I've been looking into several things. Are there any of the following names on the list:
-Russell
-Isaac
-Karle
-Raphael

Thanks!! :)

ETA: I called Sherlock Shadow sorry!!

SherlockJr- I see that you found a list of names of the owners of the house on Geary St.

I've been looking into several things. Are there any of the following names on the list:
-Russell
-Isaac
-Karle
-Raphael

Thanks!! :)

ETA: I called Sherlock Shadow sorry!!

The address on Geary is a hotel. The list if very long (appox 30 pages) and I have not seen any of those names listed. This list is now shortened by eliminating gender and age, and now have a list of over 20 names to work with.
In 1953 when MK lived on Fell St, she may have been using a name Kay M. Berghald. I have searched the spelling of this name and decided it was spelled incorrectly.

SherlockJr-

Ok, thank you! WOW 30 pages!!! I got those names off SSDI with specific death and birth dates that 'could' be brody's birthdate.

Hm, Kay. M Berghald? Brody, I wonder what did he do so horrible he left NO tracks!? Because of that and because no one has a clue what happened to Anna, I wouldnt be surprised if he (Brody) were involved in her abduction.

See if any of them add up to the Numerology thing. If I am not mistaken was it determined that Brodys name did not numerically add up?

Working on GB makes me crazy and confused as heck so I might be looking at this wrong. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I found :

Russell BRUBAKER Birth Date:15 Aug 1900 Death Date:Dec 1981 Social Security Number: 172-01-4771 State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: Pennsylvania Death Residence Localities ZIP Code:17011 Localities: Allendale, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Camp Hill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Camphill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Camphl, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Cmphill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Cphill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Cumberland Pk, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Eberleys Mill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Highland Park, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Hill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Lower Allen, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Ranavilla, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Rossmoyne, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Shiremanstown, Cumberland, Pennsylvania Russel BrubakerPedigree Male Family
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Event(s):
spacer.gif
Birth: 1900 Of Harrisburg, , Cumberland, Pennsylvania
spacer.gif
Christening:
spacer.gif
Death:
spacer.gif
Burial:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Marriages: Spouse: Carolyn Rathfon Family Marriage: About 1924 , Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Wife
spacer.gif
Carolyn RathfonPedigree
spacer.gif
Birth: 15 JUL 1904 Harrisburg, , Cumberland, PennsylvaniaChristening: Marriage: About 1924 , Cumberland, PennsylvaniaDeath: Burial:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Father: John H. RathfonFamilyMother: Carrie Hummel
spacer.gif
Children
spacer.gif
None

White Hill, Cumberland, Pennsylvania

So this Russell Brubaker that we are looking at married Carolyn Rathfon about 1924 and they had no children. There is no date of death on Carolyn.

I am confused here, why would we look up someone on the death index, if Brody died with a 'legitimate' death certificate as Brody? You might get more than one false birth certificate on a person, but you cannot die twice, to SS. Finding the dead, will not be him, but finding birth records or other things could be...why the death search? He died as Brody, regardless if he was or not.

The odds are slim, but there is a possibility that Brody actually maintained two separate lives - one as Brody and one as Brubaker (or someone else). I often have suspected that Brody must have been receiving Social Security checks, probably under a different name. You are correct, InH, in the unlikelyhood of this, but we are following this, for the time being, to see if anything can be uncovered that might allow for the possibilityof a "dual identity".

The odds are slim, but there is a possibility that Brody actually maintained two separate lives - one as Brody and one as Brubaker (or someone else). I often have suspected that Brody must have been receiving Social Security checks, probably under a different name. You are correct, InH, in the unlikelyhood of this, but we are following this, for the time being, to see if anything can be uncovered that might allow for the possibilityof a "dual identity".
I have assembled a chronology from Joe Ford's notes in the BFH which are taken from San Francisco city directories over a 20-year period, showing addresses for Brody and for Margaret. When you consider that all this research was done before there was an Internet, it is terribly impressive. Thank you, Joe. SherlockJr. and Doogie have this list and will let us know if it contains any promising leads. I found two items (both regarding former spouses) which might give us some answers...or maybe only more questions!

I have assembled a chronology from Joe Ford's notes in the BFH which are taken from San Francisco city directories over a 20-year period, showing addresses for Brody and for Margaret. When you consider that all this research was done before there was an Internet, it is terribly impressive. Thank you, Joe. SherlockJr. and Doogie have this list and will let us know if it contains any promising leads. I found two items (both regarding former spouses) which might give us some answers...or maybe only more questions!

I think the biggest thing that sticks out at me from JF's notes is MK had an insurance policy (anyone surprised?). A premium notice was postmarked May 1967 and on back had Brody's name and address for Otis Hotel written on it. This ends my most recent thoughts that GB started using this name when he met up with GW. GB was using the Brody name before he met GW.

The idea that he was Brody before he met GW certainly makes sense, and my thoughts have always been that if he has other alias' or his REAL NAME, if we can get anything as a lead, like you are researching currently in the BFH info, it is important that whatever names were, they are checked in the California unclaimed property, since the one account we know of is there, it is very very possible that the other names may be there as well. I have been looking at that for some time with variations of names, but have found nothing yet. So, if you (SHerlock) get more name ideas, keep checking that Unclaimed, because Brody sure seems to like to store up money!

Good idea! Anybody have the time to check California's unclaimed property for "Russell Brubaker"?

Former spouses? :waitasec: Can you explain further?

OT- Will be leaving for Wisconsin Dells in an hour or so........... see everyone Friday or Late Thursday........

Former spouses? :waitasec: Can you explain further?

We are trying to figure this one out also.

There is a listing for what appears to be a spouse of Brody that may be Margaret. There also is a listing for a deceased husband for Margaret. Neither of these bits of info fits with what we know (or, at least, what we think we know). As soon as we can make some sense of these, we will post the info.

Oh Yipeee!!! more names! LOL...If you have spouses or whatever names, I can cross-reference them "three ways to Sunday" as the saying goes!
I cannot wait to see who theses spouses might be.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288