Who was Pfingst representing at the mansion?

Who was Paul Pfingst representing?

• A. S.

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • D. S.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • G. S./E. S.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • N.R.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Medicis

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Paul Pfingst

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that we do have a right to question the amount of time he did not spend at his son's bedside...despite press releases that he was at his sons bedside during the time in question...there have been contrary reports that he was not. I do not trust LE's account of his whereabouts at this time...I do not believe they actually verified them....I think they took his word for it...and that is not enough for me. JMO.

Law enforcement, not press releases, accounted for the father's location. I have not seen any contrary reports, so please please link them. Thanks.

Law enforcement, not press releases, accounted for the father's location. I have not seen any contrary reports, so please please link them. Thanks.

LE's own search warrant says JS told them he was at RMDH from 1 am to 7 am on the night of question. How did they verify his whereabouts considering the search warrant asked for hospital videos, and he was not at the hospital?

Who said he was hired? I think he was on a publicity roll to get his name and good standing back. MOO.

That was my first thought also. I haven't seen his face in any newscasts reporting on court proceedings of any trials for quite some time.

http://www.10news.com/news/28534601/detail.html

Evidence Sealed In Coronado Mansion Death Investigation
Rebecca M. Zahau Found Naked, Bound At Spreckels Mansion; Death Ruled 'Very Suspicious'
POSTED: 10:02 am PDT July 13, 2011
UPDATED: 7:29 pm PDT July 15, 2011
BBM
Prominent San Diego defense attorney Paul Pfingst visited the home late Wednesday night but was refused entrance. Pfingst would only say that he was hired by someone involved in the case but was forbidden to speak with that person.
:waitasec: He Who Must Not Be Named....

Same here. He's one cold person.

I wonder who made the bulk of the funeral arrangements for her? He didn't even fight to have her buried near him... as far as we know.

oh and about PP... maybe he was just curious... darn curious...but he is friends with the current Sheriff... apparently he endorsed him when he announced he was giving up the job...so... maybe he was just covering his friend the Sheriff's butt...

And also stunned that JS never went back to the house to check on "the love of his life" after getting the news of her death.

Even if JS had nothing to do with RZ's death.. it sure looks like he did not love her.... even if you did not love someone... I think you would have more compassion for them... once deceased... his actions come across as if he hated her.. distanced himself from her as much as possible.. AND was in defence mode...

..speaks to guilty of something... maybe just hatinig and blaming her for the death of his son... I can see that... maybe because of that... even with the LE evidence to the contrary... her blames her for everything..

I wonder who made the bulk of the funeral arrangements for her? He didn't even fight to have her buried near him... as far as we know.

oh and about PP... maybe he was just curious... darn curious...but he is friends with the current Sheriff... apparently he endorsed him when he announced he was giving up the job...so... maybe he was just covering his friend the Sheriff's butt...

She couldn't be "buried near him"...he's NOT dead. I doubt if he's decided where he's going to be buried. Maybe he wants to be cremated...who knows?

When did the Sheriff announce that he was "giving up the job?"

I only just started reading this board, so I try to catch up and not ask things that might have already been asked.

She couldn't be "buried near him"...he's NOT dead. I doubt if he's decided where he's going to be buried. Maybe he wants to be cremated...who knows?

When did the Sheriff announce that he was "giving up the job?"

I only just started reading this board, so I try to catch up and not ask things that might have already been asked.

I believe she was buried where her family lives. She was not buried near his home in Arizona where he could visit the grave.

A few years back the present Sheriff who was a friend of PP who is the old Sheriff... PP was the Sheriff before this present Sheriff...

I believe she was buried where her family lives. She was not buried near his home in Arizona where he could visit the grave.

A few years back the present Sheriff who was a friend of PP who is the old Sheriff... PP was the Sheriff before this present Sheriff...

It would be a LOT easier for him to visit her grave in Missouri, than it would be for her family members to visit a grave in Arizona.

Don't you feel like that it would have been VERY insensitive for him to try to convince her family, who was with her for much longer than he was, that she should be buried in his home town instead of hers? For all you know, his family plot could be anywhere, if he even has one.

The initials of the former Sheriff of San Diego are "W.B.K." PLEASE don't post incorrect information on this board. Things are already confusing enough.

Are you talking about the former D.A. that the news showed trying to come through the crime scene tape at the scene? HIS initials are "PP".

So, from looking at your posts, are you saying the former D.A., the current D.A., the SDSO, the Coronado PD, the Medical Examiner's Office, the Sheriff's evidence people, Coronado's evidence people, are all in cahoots to falsely say RZ committed suicide? Wow, that's a LOT of people.

I still have MANY notes to read, and documents to look at, but I'm leaning toward suicide.

It would be a LOT easier for him to visit her grave in Missouri, than it would be for her family members to visit a grave in Arizona.

Don't you feel like that it would have been VERY insensitive for him to try to convince her family, who was with her for much longer than he was, that she should be buried in his home town instead of hers? For all you know, his family plot could be anywhere, if he even has one.

The initials of the former Sheriff of San Diego are "W.B.K." PLEASE don't post incorrect information on this board. Things are already confusing enough.

Are you talking about the former D.A. that the news showed trying to come through the crime scene tape at the scene? HIS initials are "PP".

So, from looking at your posts, are you saying the former D.A., the current D.A., the SDSO, the Coronado PD, the Medical Examiner's Office, the Sheriff's evidence people, Coronado's evidence people, are all in cahoots to falsely say RZ committed suicide? Wow, that's a LOT of people.

I still have MANY notes to read, and documents to look at, but I'm leaning toward suicide.

thanks... I did get that twisted.. it is true that the former Sheriff and present one are friends.

I don't think they are in cahoots... the lead investigator and the ME just didn't bother to do a thorough investigation. I believe they incorrectly jumped to conclusions and that bears out in the evidence.

The marks on the railing are not at all consistent with someone leaning over it and falling off. One of the marks is barely two inches in diameter. Keep reading and suicide gets highly unlikely... in fact even physically impossible.

So PP is the former DA. Interesting.

Welcome to Websleuths, news sleuth!

So PP is the former DA. Interesting.
RSBM
VERY interesting, <modsnip>.

And he is now a defense attorney.

AND now he is also in trouble again. Hmmm, seems Jonah should have done some background checking on him as to his legal ethics.

Ah, but then maybe that IS why he selected him. IMO, if it is Jonah who hired him for "a member of the family" who was so urgently needed that he (Pfingst) had to even go behind the "do not cross" tapes.

See what's happening with one of his current clients:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9879573&postcount=46"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Police Search For Woman, 3 Children After Jason Harper Found Dead[/ame]

RSBM
VERY interesting, considering he was not well liked by many of his staff and the "unethical" requests he made of some to attend to his "personal" office requests.

AND now he is also in trouble again. Hmmm, seems Jonah should have done some background checking on him as to his legal ethics.

Ah, but then maybe that IS why he selected him. IMO, if it is Jonah who hired him for "a member of the family" who was so urgently needed that he (Pfingst) had to even go behind the "do not cross" tapes.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Police Search For Woman, 3 Children After Jason Harper Found Dead

Fits with the rest of the good old boys...the sheriff, the ME, JS, and who knows who else, all scratching each other's backs. IMO

RSBM
VERY interesting, considering he was not well liked by many of his staff and the "unethical" requests he made of some to attend to his "personal" office requests.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA - Police Search For Woman, 3 Children After Jason Harper Found Dead

Sharyne, that is really a sobering and alarming article. Certainly makes me even more certain that Paul Pfingst's actions at the Spreckles mansion behind the crime scene tape, and interfering with Adam Shacknai's interview at the police station, were improper. At a minimum, his actions represented interference with a homicide investigation, as Ann Rule pointed out in her book. He absolutely knew that what he was doing was improper and unethical, IMO.

And now his ethics and character are being revealed again in Julie Harper's case. It is no small matter when a judge is considering removing a defense attorney from representing their client. The date on this is Oct 3-- 2 days ago.

County prosecutors are accusing former District Attorney Paul Pfingst of hiding evidence in a high-profile Carlsbad murder case.

They say Pfingst could have a conflict of interest so serious that a judge might decide to disallow him from representing his client, Julie Harper, who is accused of killing her husband, a Carlsbad High math teacher.

Deputy District Attorney Keith Watanabe filed a motion last month in Vista Superior Court accusing Pfingst of trying to hide evidence, including a backpack containing cash, passports and a gun — although it was not the gun used to kill the husband.

The backpack contained cash, $27,000 to $30,000, as well as a gun and passports for his daughter and her children.
http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/03/paul-pfingst-evidence-murder-case-julie-harper/

I hope Paul Pfingst's highly questionable behavior in Rebecca's death investigation is brought out in the Zahau WDS. He is an important witness, IMO.

Sharyne, that is really a sobering and alarming article. Certainly makes me even more certain that Paul Pfingst's actions at the Spreckles mansion behind the crime scene tape, and interfering with Adam Shacknai's interview at the police station, were improper. At a minimum, his actions represented interference with a homicide investigation, as Ann Rule pointed out in her book. He absolutely knew that what he was doing was improper and unethical, IMO.

And now his ethics and character are being revealed again in Julie Harper's case. It is no small matter when a judge is considering removing a defense attorney from representing their client. The date on this is Oct 3-- 2 days ago.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/oct/03/paul-pfingst-evidence-murder-case-julie-harper/

I hope Paul Pfingst's highly questionable behavior in Rebecca's death investigation is brought out in the Zahau WDS. He is an important witness, IMO.

I wonder, would it be possible for the Zahau family attorneys to subpoena Pfingst to make him participate in a deposition? If he were not assigned as attorney to represent any of the defendants, is it possible? And shouldn't he be banned from representing any of the defendants due to his conflict of interest?

It will be very, very interesting to see what role Pfingst plays in the upcoming WD trial.

The allegations in the linked article are stunning. The biggest question I've always had about this case is "how much evidence has been hidden and destroyed." If any hint of this comes up, Kamala Harris should get involved.

Deputy District Attorney Keith Watanabe filed a motion last month in Vista Superior Court accusing Pfingst of trying to hide evidence, including a backpack containing cash, passports and a gun &#8212; although it was not the gun used to kill the husband.

This article makes me even more concerned about why and how this man ended up behind the crime scene tape of Rebecca's murder investigation. Ethical boundaries? The same man who called a special LE phone number to try and contact Adam after Adam had ignored Pfingst's text messages. Very concerning.

This article makes me even more concerned about why and how this man ended up behind the crime scene tape of Rebecca's murder investigation. Ethical boundaries? The same man who called a special LE phone number to try and contact Adam after Adam had ignored Pfingst's text messages. Very concerning.

Thanks Lash...

BBM where did this info come from?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads