Who would testify on Casey's behalf?

After reading the letter that Mallory wrote to KC in jail, Mallory might...she seems idiotic enough to do it. :rolleyes: Geesh!

oh, oh, oh, what letter? Do you have a linkie? I'll try to search it on the internet.

Hugs,

Mel

I think her whole "Famn Damily" CA, GA and LA will get up there no matter what and how much crap ICA slings at them and speak her praises.. I don't think it will do them any good though.. The jurors will have seen through her and have her future all planed out...
just adding my :twocents:

But OMG if Lee goes into his CMA speech, I will flip my lid. I didn't get it at the memorial and I don't get it now. CMA - I'm so proud of you...

WOT?

I don't want to get off-topic, but if he uses those initials I will scream and you will hear me all the way to Florida from San Diego.

Besides mummy dearest, I wonder if jesse grund would testify on her behalf. I think he's a good guy and wouldn't want her to get the death penalty. Maybe even his father (based on his religion). They witnessed the good times, and not so much the bad.

MOO

Mel

eta: oh and Joy Wray and Laura Buchanan ;)

Doubt it...not after what that family has put him and his family thru...he is also the soundbite of "diabotical liar"......NOPE--not any of the the Grunds....

If her parents testify in her behalf then I suppose they would be also in the sentancing phase too BUT then who will speak in Caylee's behalf? They can't do both.

The usual cast of totally united characters. Cindy, George and Lee. I'm sure Holly will be there too. She loves the camera.

I believe all of her friends said that ICA was a good mother. On the other hand, many of them said she lied a lot. It seems like after everything came out in the open, her friends felt estranged and didn't think they knew her at all. I believe her boss at Universal said she was a good worker. Jesse Grund said she was a diabolical liar. Other than her parents eternal love and perhaps her brother and his girlfriend Mallory I doubt if anyone would testify in her favor.

Besides mummy dearest, I wonder if jesse grund would testify on her behalf. I think he's a good guy and wouldn't want her to get the death penalty. Maybe even his father (based on his religion). They witnessed the good times, and not so much the bad.

MOO

Mel
I respectully DISAGREE re. the Grunds; after the way Cindy tried to throw Jesse
under the bus from day one, I sincerely doubt that Papa G will approve of his son singing Casey's praises in a courtroom- and I don't blame him... I also think Jesse has a lot of respect for his father, and will in no way go against
his wishes. I also don't see Tony L. praising Casey- and he seems to also have a strong, supportive father. Last I read about TL, he was still in shock over the BETRAYAL and LIES he suffered from Casey; standing up for her would be like being a member of the Titanic's band: who wants to be associated with a clearly sinking ship??

her Mother, although I'm not sure what benefit that would be. I am still hoping that George and Lee have a 'come to Jesus' moment and decide to stand up for Caylee.

Yet keep in mind. Over and over and over the Defense had quieired the potential jury that "can you put aside the victim statement" Why are they saying that unless they know that CA and GA are going to have finger pointed, and during victim statement they would want to "ignore". Wouldn't her family normally want to have a victim statement to spare both.......but the defense is screening.....for what reason??????/.........for not putting weight to victims statement.

Does this make sense?

The tattoo guy

I respectfully disagree. Having a that tatoo and other artists be put on the stand to testify for her.............and what a good mother she was.....merely points out she was hanging with a crowd that thought she was a good mother. They IMHO had LOW standards on motherhood which will come across STRONGLY on the stand and just prove the point for the prosecution!

MOO

Mel

eta: oh and Joy Wray and Laura Buchanan ;)
I anticipate JG being called by the SA during the trial, however, I'm not so sure he'd come back during the penalty phase for the DT, even if he has reservations about the DP. :waitasec: MOO

After reading the letter that Mallory wrote to KC in jail, Mallory might...she seems idiotic enough to do it. :rolleyes: Geesh!

Love your photo on your byline of LDB.....she is FABULOUs!

Yet keep in mind. Over and over and over the Defense had quieired the potential jury that "can you put aside the victim statement" Why are they saying that unless they know that CA and GA are going to have finger pointed, and during victim statement they would want to "ignore". Wouldn't her family normally want to have a victim statement to spare both.......but the defense is screening.....for what reason??????/.........for not putting weight to victims statement.

Does this make sense?

I have wondered the same thing. " Can you put aside any information you might hear in the victim impact statement, if necessary?" I did not understand what they were getting at. Isn't the impact statement usually things like "We miss the child so much we cannot stand it, the defendant has no idea how horribly they ruined our lives." ??? WHO is going to say that for Caylee?

I have wondered the same thing. " Can you put aside any information you might hear in the victim impact statement, if necessary?" I did not understand what they were getting at. Isn't the impact statement usually things like "We miss the child so much we cannot stand it, the defendant has no idea how horribly they ruined our lives." ??? WHO is going to say that for Caylee?

I am not quite understanding it either, since yes, that is what the victim impact statements normally are. Even though these jurors need to be "death qualified", it seemed the focus of the questioning by the DT today was more toward the penalty phase of the trial than guilt/innocence. MOO

We haven't heard much from George's side of the family, have we? His parents and sisters? I recall one of his sister's writing to Casey in jail and it was a warm message. But I don't think any of them have been in close contact in recent years so I don't know how that will go.

I respectfully disagree. Having a that tatoo and other artists be put on the stand to testify for her.............and what a good mother she was.....merely points out she was hanging with a crowd that thought she was a good mother. They IMHO had LOW standards on motherhood which will come across STRONGLY on the stand and just prove the point for the prosecution!

Hahaha. No doubt. I would think the jury would rather hear testimony from a preschool teacher or pediatrician or another mother she had regular playdates with, rather than the tattoo artist who says he has watched Caylee grow up because she visits the shop so often.

I don't have a problem with a child going into a tattoo parlor, a time or two. But
if that is the only character witness ya got that can say you are a good mother ...it says something.:eek:
:(

I am not quite understanding it either, since yes, that is what the victim impact statements normally are. Even though these jurors need to be "death qualified", it seemed the focus of the questioning by the DT today was more toward the penalty phase of the trial than guilt/innocence. MOO

yes, that is what hit me in the last 2 days! They are concerned with "NEGATING"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: what is said during the victim statement. That leads me to belive :sick: that the defense is going to throw the family under the bus, therefore the victim statement wiil NOT be kind to KC (in their anticipitory minds) and they don't want to have considered by law.

They are worried about the DP. Beyond just guilt. MO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back