Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I jumped down to the rumor thread wasn't positive what happened with the lock down.

Anyways, IMO Suzie Q is right, I saw it on FOX with my own eyes. sorry- no link-but, my integrity is THE most important thing to me as a person. IIRC they said they were further away from the location than originally thought. for what it's worth...

I also posted on the now closed thread that MSNBC news had a interview with Caption N this morning and he said the following:
August 11th- Meter Reader sees bag submerged in water, called it in, does not wait at site.
August 12th- Meter Reader called it in, no one goes to site.
August 13th- Meter Reader called it in, officer at site they look together and do not see the bag. (maybe submerged all the way? or they just can't find the same spot?)

I'm sure we will here from him today, I hope he is squeaky clean.

Can any of our florida slueths tell me if this area was a dumping ground of some sorts? Looking at the photo's of the scene it looked like there were mulitiple tires laying around on the ground. Thanks for any replies :)

I agree with others in that the meter reader might have been given little credence in finding something important. LE might have just been overwhelmed with crank calls, false leads, etc. and pushed the meter reader's story to the side. Wrong yes, of course, but during the summer everyone seems to have been searching away from the Anthony's neighborhood. Almost no one would have thought remains could be that close.
The meter reader could have had a hunch and it stuck with him. Also, he may have noticed this one area was often used by kids. I've had hunches that have turned out to be duds but other times I would have a gut feeling about something and it was true all along. If he traveled this Suburban /Chickasaw road often he might have decided to check once again. I would like to know, though, why is it taking so long to identify the remains?

If the meter reader is guilty, how did he get Cayley? Don't you think Casey would have been more forthcoming with the police? She's been acting like she's hiding something(someone, poor little heart) from the beginning. If someone took your child and you had nothing to do with it, wouldn't you have run screaming to the authorities?

I think the meter reader was frustrated. Once the water receded and he had a chance to go back to the area, he did. Because the police didn't investigate after his 1st call and he called multiple times, it's opened up the possibility that he did it and now the defense has an opening for reasonable doubt. Whoever blew the meter reader off needs to be fired, unless as pp stated, it was her boyfriend.

wow, now its not the same guy? How many fricken meter readers called in tips regarding the same area?

What happening with our news reporters?

Many murderers return to the scene of the crime and perhaps he wanted Caylee to be found.

Thank you for saying that. I was thinking it but didn't want to be mobbed. I agree 100% even though common sense tells you KC probably did it there are some weird people out there. There have been cases where the perp. assisted in the search for the victim.

If the meter reader is guilty, how did he get Cayley? Don't you think Casey would have been more forthcoming with the police? She's been acting like she's hiding something(someone, poor little heart) from the beginning. If someone took your child and you had nothing to do with it, wouldn't you have run screaming to the authorities?

I think the meter reader was frustrated. Once the water receded and he had a chance to go back to the area, he did. Because the police didn't investigate after his 1st call and he called multiple times, it's opened up the possibility that he did it and now the defense has an opening for reasonable doubt. Whoever blew the meter reader off needs to be fired, unless as pp stated, it was her boyfriend.

Hey just going out on a limb here, but if I were the defense, they could spin it that the meter reader knew or was related to Zanny the Nanny and that's how he came in contact with Caylee. Would be interesting to see what Caylee was wrapped in. Was she wearing the same clothes George last saw her in?

The defense doesn't really need to make a connection here, just put doubt in the mind of ONE juror. I have doubt now.

wow, now its not the same guy? How many fricken meter readers called in tips regarding the same area?

What happening with our news reporters?

IDK...sigh. We really need that presser to hopefully straighten things out.

On Aug 13th this meter reader returned with an officer and the scene was "cleared". Now how many of us would return to a scene to search on our own if it had been cleared? I want to know more about this man and his connection to Caylee

I don't find this odd at all. If he felt the police did not thoroughly search the area or didn't take him seriously at the time then, I can understand once the water went down and he was back in the area, that he would look for himself.

And thank goodness he did.

Police have egg on their face but at least they have admitted that and I find that admirable.

The police has said they can find no connection to him and any of the Anthonys.

Does anyone know when the PC will be held today and when this gentleman and his attorney will be on? TIA

imoo

Thank you for saying that. I was thinking it but didn't want to be mobbed. I agree 100% even though common sense tells you KC probably did it there are some weird people out there. There have been cases where the perp. assisted in the search for the victim.

Ya know I had to admit this or even say or think it, but we may have another Ramsey case on our hands here folks. This may be one of those who dun it's that never is solved. All evidence pointing towards the mom (like in the Ramsey case) and then you have 1 HUGE peice of evidence that shouts INTRUDER. DNA in the Ramsey case, Mr. Meter man in this case. And conflicting statements from both crimes by everyone.

Has anyone checked the tips that were released back in Oct? I've been checking and I haven't yet found any type of tip involving a meter reader or Orange County worker and a bag in that particular area. Perhaps those tips weren't released? Or maybe I'm just not seeing them because there are so many.... Anyone else checking? Thanks.

Here's where I've been checking for tips from Aug 11th, 12th and 13th. If anyone knows of any other places to check, please let me know 'cause it's not easy sifting through all 1500 tips again...

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...ale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

and....

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73939&highlight=tips

Remember, the court order was to release any tips they had closed the investigation on - so these particular tips could either be released later than Oct or not released yet. I suspect they will be shortly though...

I don't find this odd at all. If he felt the police did not thoroughly search the area or didn't take him seriously at the time then, I can understand once the water went down and he was back in the area, that he would look for himself.

And thank goodness he did.

Police have egg on their face but at least they have admitted that and I find that admirable.

Does anyone know when the PC will be held today and when this gentleman and his attorney will be on? TIA

imoo

So I am just confused by this man's statement, originally we were told he stopped to releave himself, now we are being told he was following up on his own hunch or tip even after leading an investigator there. Hmmm, doesn't sound fishy to you and he said he discovered the back while releaving himself? Would be interesting to note if this man really did releave himself? or was that just the excuse he used for suddenly "discovering" the bag?

Per the story it says "Orange County Sheriff's officials say they believe the unidentified tipster was in the area on Dec. 11 following up on his own lead when he discovered the bones and skull."

So wait he was following up on his own lead, or just stopped to take a whiz?

Not jiving folks. This man may be involved. He tried to lead investigators back there several times. Even after the scene was so called "cleared" he returned to that site, now to do his own investigation?

Many murderers return to the scene of the crime and perhaps he wanted Caylee to be found.

There is only one murderer in this case and she is sitting on her behind in jail ordering pork rinds. I don't think this man was involved. JMO

If the meter man did in fact report this area on three separate occasions and it was not properly followed up - without question - it points to some shabby work on the part of LE. To that point, I believe that this information was probably logged and also part of the "tips" info that Baez never bothered to pick up. Shabby work on both sides IMO.

There is only one murderer in this case and she is sitting on her behind in jail ordering pork rinds. I don't think this man was involved. JMO

You may be right but as a potential juror, at this point, I would have enough reason to doubt. His story just doesn't add up.

Here is the meter reader identity thread.

Meter Reader's Identity May Be Revealed Today - Dec. 19, 2008

Here is a post regarding today's presser.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3078684&postcount=5

Today, 08:57 AM
JayBee1940
user_online.gif

Major Announcement Expected In Anthony Case
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic-cat
I am unable to find anything on that page related to the meter man or a presser today???

I may have entered the wrong URL. If so, sorry about that. However, a major announcement is expected today per WFTV.

"a major announcement is possible during a 2:00pm press conference"

Since a "major" announcement, it may be more important than the meter reader's identity.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18315429/de...=orlc&psp=news

If the meter man did in fact report this area on three separate occasions and it was not properly followed up - without question - it points to some shabby work on the part of LE. To that point, I believe that this information was probably logged and also part of the "tips" info that Baez never bothered to pick up. Shabby work on both sides IMO.

This certainly gives the defense something to work with and a HUGE break for Jose. This could just be some "Joe" trying to interject himself in the case. Now news is stating he wasn't the same guy that called in prior. I wish we would get the correct story here.

Ya know I had to admit this or even say or think it, but we may have another Ramsey case on our hands here folks. This may be one of those who dun it's that never is solved. All evidence pointing towards the mom (like in the Ramsey case) and then you have 1 HUGE peice of evidence that shouts INTRUDER. DNA in the Ramsey case, Mr. Meter man in this case. And conflicting statements from both crimes by everyone.

Call me crazy but hearing all this confusing infos today made me think this will be getting very complicated and this will never end.I even thought for a moment that somehow I regret that these remains were found.Please don't get me wrong,I am glad that they were found but I am scared that the circumstances will make everything complicated and justice won't be done.

:rose: Caylee

You may be right but as a potential juror, at this point, I would have enough reason to doubt. His story just doesn't add up.

I don't know what to think anymore. I responded to your post before I scrolled down and read that there may be another meter reader who gave the tips in August. Sigh. This case just gets stranger and stranger.

Here is the meter reader identity thread.

Meter Reader's Identity May Be Revealed Today - Dec. 19, 2008

Here is a post regarding today's presser.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3078684&postcount=5

Today, 08:57 AM
JayBee1940
user_online.gif

Major Announcement Expected In Anthony Case
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic-cat
I am unable to find anything on that page related to the meter man or a presser today???

I may have entered the wrong URL. If so, sorry about that. However, a major announcement is expected today per WFTV.

"a major announcement is possible during a 2:00pm press conference"

Since a "major" announcement, it may be more important than the meter reader's identity.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18315429/de...=orlc&psp=news

That would be confirmation of Caylee's remains sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998