Whoa! Meter Reader gave tip on August 13th!

What's your gut reaction?

• Meter Reader called in tips, then went searching on his own.

Votes: 441 89.8%
  • Meter Reader is the one who killed Caylee.

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Meter Reader is related to an accomplice.

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Meter Reader is Casey's accomplice.

Votes: 10 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he hid first, got trashed second.

Why hide when so many people are looking to give him a reward?

This is a man who has been actively involved in this investigation for 4 or 5 months. He is not a shy guy who accidentally stumbled upon the limelight.

JoAnn_W

Totally giving the guy the benefit of the doubt here is my guess:

He is following the case, his route takes him through this area, he smells something in mid August, just has the feeling, calls in his tip, LE does come, there is a dead animal (probably a pair of squirrels based on how this is all going), they move on, the water sets in and doesn't recede until a couple of weeks ago, his route brings him back to this area and on company time he goes searching, finds this bag (not one seen in August) moves it, actually finds the body, and now has to explain what he is doing in the middle of the woods during work hours, doesn't want his boss to know he is conducting searches on the counties dime, and comes up with the peeing in the woods story.

I think he hid first, got trashed second.

Why hide when so many people are looking to give him a reward?

This is a man who has been actively involved in this investigation for 4 or 5 months. He is not a shy guy who accidentally stumbled upon the limelight.

JoAnn_W

Why Hide????? The Media!!! Ya Think!!! You need to look at the broader picture. Has co-opperated with the LE last week and as was stated they checked him out already.
The reward was for a Live Caylee

Steve Triggs, Director of Communications for Orange County, said the meter reader had been a county employee for a “relatively short time” and would appear at a news conference with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Friday afternoon. Triggs said he is being represented by outside counsel at the County’s expense.

What comes to mind is how neighborhood people talk and the word gets around. So maybe people who knew Casey and the others who hung around in "the zone" said it might be a good place for her to have put Caylee. This word gets repeated around and the meter reader, as obsessed as us, is following the case and hears the word about "the zone". Animals and/or the weather move a bag around, maybe not the black bag. So the obsessed meter reader went there, saw the grey bag, maybe not the black bag, and called the cops. The cops find a dead animal and don't search the entire area. It looked like it would have been covered in growth in August. Then TS Fay hits and water covers the area so noone can get in. The meter reader is still following the case and is bothered by a nagging feeling and goes back to check each time he is in the area. Finally the water is down and he goes again and this time finds the black bag. Just a theory.

If he smelled something strange and nothing was found the first three times, I don't blame him for going back. I would have a nagging feeling too...I am not too worried about this. I think that it will turn out that he is credible.On the JVM show, they are forgetting to mention that he had every reason to be in the area regardless, because of his job. I am not liking how she is handling this....it sounds like they are assuming he is someone sinister...I just don't like it.

someone wa ted to know if Casey was in jail at the time the meter reader called into LE - heres the dates but I need the dates prior to these when she first went to jail- can anyone help?
8/20 Leonard P posted bail from original charge
8/29 arrested on 3 new check charges
8/30 LP revokes bail
9/15 arrested on more check charges
9/16 out of jail on house arrest
10/14 arrested for murder- no bail

They arrested her for neglect on July 16th, she stayed there until LP got her out.

I would think if LE didnt find a bag on the road after the meter reader calling in about it, they would of called the caller back and asked where exactly is this bag-

In time this whole thing will be shown to be "on the level" just give it a few days to get the facts sorted out

Why wait when I can speculate now, LOL. I hope our questions get answered and he just doesn't lawyer up and hide.
I hope at least that we will learn the exact nature of the tips that came in on the 11th, 12th and 13th.

JoAnn_W

According to LE today: "He contacted us regarding a grey bag that was out here." Only on the third call did LE respond and go to the area and talk to the man. They say the meter reader is credible.

Below is my speculation:

He probably pointed to the bag, and the deputy said thanks and they'd take care of it. The meter reader probably figured the bag must not have been important since nothing ever came of it. So then maybe it eats at him a bit, so he stops by again while on his route (in the area) and this time maybe he opens the bag, and a skull falls out. He doesn't want to call LE again personally because he's afraid they'll just blow him off again.

These were my thoughts

Let's not be so quick to throw OCSO under the bus. When they look into it further, it will make sense. Of course the defense is waiting with baited breath to pounce on any thing they can because they don't have anything else to go on.

I AGREE! Let me restate my feelings here: I LOVE THE OCSO! They have done a fantastic and amazing job.

I'm quickly losing my faith in the OCSD - How could this happen?

I can see reasonable doubt slowly creeping into the Jury Pool because of this/

I agree!
I'm sad to say that I believe this news today will help Casey’s defense
BIG time.:mad:

I'm sure he'll try. But he'll never be able to explain why Casey said Zanny did it--or why Casey wasn't frantic when Caylee went missing. Forensics will show that Casey killed Caylee. I think this is just a "speed bump" in the case. JMO

If his name really is GG, I PRAY he does not have a family member with a name like Zeneida, or even a female relative that is a nanny. I stayed up last night when I couldn't sleep and read the trial notes from team Baden-Baden-and-Lee getting a hung jury in the Spector case. This is not good.....

I don't get it.....how does this help KC? Fox just reported that meter reader saw a bag in Aug. Called for LE to check it out. Does this make Caylee any less dead? Does this change the fact of the smell of decomp in the trunk?? I don't get all of the hysteria over this....

Yes, the timeline and motive will really play here. If GA is to be believed, Casey is the last to be with Caylee. By the evening of the 16th I believe she is out getting movies without Caylee and Caylee is never seen again. No one had a motive to kill this sweet little girl, even to get back at Casey. It takes a very cold person to do this. As you see in the prisons, even felons in there think it is horrible. The forensics on the time of death will be big evidence. JMO

when was the coded talk between LA and KC? maybe bag was there...grey one...cop came didnt see it where meter reader guy said....because the bag got doubled baged in a black bag and then moved....before the cop came out.....
maybe meter reader guy is from w/s :) thought.....this is driving me nutts....and went after the water went down...and started to poke around ....and found the black bag....

If the meter reader was involved in Caylee's death, why would he call LE so many times to try to draw their attention to her remains? Isn't this the opposite of what a perp would do? And if some diabolical part of some plan was that the remains be found, why would he let four months go by before calling again?
This poor guy is just another hapless victim of this case, like so many others.

Why wait when I can speculate now, LOL. I hope our questions get answered and he just doesn't lawyer up and hide.
I hope at least that we will learn the exact nature of the tips that came in on the 11th, 12th and 13th.

JoAnn_W

"Steve Triggs, Director of Communications for Orange County, said the meter reader had been a county employee for a “relatively short time” and would appear at a news conference with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office Friday afternoon. Triggs said he is being represented by outside counsel at the County’s expense."

http://www.wftv.com/news/18311590/detail.html

Does anyone remember if Gale and her cadaver dogs ever searched in this area? I think I recall her searching near or around an elementary school. I can't remember which one or on which dates.

There is actually a video of Gail and her group driving in a car
and she all of a sudden pulls over to close to this area and a lady
gets out with her dog and they go over to the "edge of the water"
I wish I could post the link to the video but the site is not allowed here!
I have pm'd a mod to ask her and I believe she is checking with Tricia.
But I was :eek:
When I saw this.
And her son was in the back of the car and he said he got sick.
I don't know when the video was taken.
But it gave me goose bumps to know they were that close!

My hinky meter went off right away, that's why I started the thread Area body found TOO STRANGE. Now we find out this guy called in tips back in August and not once.
I know we are not supposed to use names in here, but I'll give you a hint as to what his last name starts with.
Try G Is this girl getting lucky while she's in jail or what? My sister mentioned seems luck is going her way.
TM has given 2 different stories too. One he says water level and the other night he tells NG that LE wouln't let him search that area because of fence.
Similar dream team like OJ, gives me the creepies. :furious:

If he smelled something strange and nothing was found the first three times, I don't blame him for going back. I would have a nagging feeling too...I am not too worried about this. I think that it will turn out that he is credible.On the JVM show, they are forgetting to mention that he had every reason to be in the area regardless, because of his job. I am not liking how she is handling this....it sounds like they are assuming he is someone sinister...I just don't like it.

JMHO, but JVM is a horrible person.

I don't think anyone is judging- maybe asking questions and talking about it, that's all.
More questions I have: Why didn't the meter reader make the 9-1-1 call? Why wasn't he available for interviews? If he were an amateur detective on the case for 5 months, you'd think he'd be happy to talk about his finally solving the puzzle?

JoAnn_W

The answer to all three questions is: I can imagine finding the skull of a toddler in a trash bag would be quite traumatizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021