Why did Darlie not lock Garage door?

proadvocate said:
It could also be very possible that she left the door unlocked to aid hubby in his proposed insurance scams.I do not believe Darlie is completely guilty,nor do I believe the scam involved murder.I would be more inclined to believe a cooperative effort by Darlie to score some easy cash off the insurance co.with the intruder going a bit further than they had planned.Under this theory I would also believe that BOTH Darlie and Darin deserve an execution date,along with any future suspects,robberys/scams gone bad do qualify for execution under Tx law.
I think Snooty was asking why didn't Darlie lock the garage door once the intruder fled through it. I don't know why she even bothered to ask that. Can you imagine yourself watching an intruder/killer run through your back door and not pouncing on it to lock it behind him? Darlie did not lock it for the simple fact that there was no intruder. If an insurance scam went wrong and the guy/s they set up the scam with went nuts, still that back door would have been locked once they left.

Goody said:
There goes your super intruder rep....straight down the toilet. LIke my father used to say, "Your guarantee ain't worth the powder it would take to blow it up!"
I didn't guarantee nutin Miss Goody. I only advertised a lay-away plan.

Goody said:
I missed this. Did she really say "yes?"
Yup

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:15:20 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...who's out there ...is anybody out there...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:16:07 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Police Officer[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:17:06 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I don't know ...I was sleeping..[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif][/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:18:14 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok ma'am ...listen ...there's a police officer at your front door ...is your front door unlocked..[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif].[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:15 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes ma'am ...but where's the ambulance...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:24:21[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok...[/font]

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/evidence/evd-001.php

beesy said:
Yup

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:15:20 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...who's out there ...is anybody out there...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:16:07 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Police Officer[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:17:06 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...I don't know ...I was sleeping..[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:18:14 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok ma'am ...listen ...there's a police officer at your front door ...is your front door unlocked..[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif].[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]RADIO[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...(unintelligible)...[/font]
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:22:15 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...yes ma'am ...but where's the ambulance...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]04:24:21[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ok...[/font]

O, Beesy. You are right. Good find. She does say yes. I am surprised that Toby Shook didn't have a field day with that one.

Goody, I'm looking at that link and unfortunately for Darlie, the up close photograph of her neck wound makes it perfectly clear to see how easily she created these injuries herself. Had they been made by someone taller than her, they would have gone straight across her neck or even in an upward motion. Its pretty easy to see she held the knife to one point on her neck and pulled down.

Goody said:
O, Beesy. You are right. Good find. She does say yes. I am surprised that Toby Shook didn't have a field day with that one.

Don't forget by this stage she has already yelled for Karen (although I know a few ppl dispute that) and so the door WOULD have been unlocked because she had already opened it...

Dani_T said:
Don't forget by this stage she has already yelled for Karen (although I know a few ppl dispute that) and so the door WOULD have been unlocked because she had already opened it...
Yep, she says "In Her Own Words" that she had already opened the front door to call for Karen. I think she's hollering for Darin though. She's probably telling the truth about opening the front door. So I don't think her saying "yes" right away is telling us anything important.

Goody said:
He should have had a field day with this one because Darlie had already called for "Karen/Darin" by the time the OP asks her about the front door. But this part is telling I think:
[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:33:15 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...ma'am...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:34:06 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...what...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:38:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]911 Operator #1[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...is there anybody in the house ...besides you and your children...[/font]

[font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]02:38:11 [/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Darlie Routier[/font][font=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]...no ...my husband he just ran downstairs ...he's helping me ...but they're dying ...oh my God ...they're dead...[/font]

So how did she know the intruder/s were already gone? She would have no of knowing

beesy said:
She says "In Her Own Words" that she had already opened the front door to call for Karen. I think she's hollering for Darin. She's probably telling the truth about opening the front door. So I don't think her saying "yes" right away is telling us anything important.

It certainly don't change the fact that she murdered her boys, does it?

Jeana (DP) said:
It certainly don't change the fact that she murdered her boys, does it?
No, I just meant I don't think that was a slip-up or anything which could implicate her. Nothing will change the fact that Darlie killed those babies

Dani_T said:
But didn't she deny unlocking it later? I guess it isn't much of a point given the timing but on the call she clearly acknowledges knowing the door was not locked and at trial she backs off of that, doesn't she?

Goody said:
But didn't she deny unlocking it later? I guess it isn't much of a point given the timing but on the call she clearly acknowledges knowing the door was not locked and at trial she backs off of that, doesn't she?
Well, when did she write "In Her Own Words"? Because she says that she opened the door to call for Karen in that, doesn't mention unlocking it, just opening it.

beesy said:
Well, when did she write "In Her Own Words"? Because she says that she opened the door to call for Karen in that, doesn't mention unlocking it, just opening it.
She wrote that in prison after the trial and her conviction. It is one of her edits, probably the last really big one. Then there is that hypnosis session.

i have to ask, was darin involved, i mean did he really sleep through all of this and i would think that those boys would have been screaming bloody murder, you think?

michelle said:
i have to ask, was darin involved, i mean did he really sleep through all of this and i would think that those boys would have been screaming bloody murder, you think?
Darin could have slept thru it. I understand that they tested the sound in the house and that noises from the family room would not carry to the master bedroom with the door closed. The question is DID HE. I don't know. He says he did and they can't prove he didn't.

michelle said:
I think he is as guilty as she is. Listen to the 911 tape. At one point ...it sounds like she is trying to get Darin to notice something....she keeps calling Devon's name.:confused: IMO...he is involved.

deandaniellws said:
I think he is as guilty as she is. Listen to the 911 tape. At one point ...it sounds like she is trying to get Darin to notice something....she keeps calling Devon's name.:confused: IMO...he is involved.
There's a really spooky part which is not transcribed where she says "Damon, Damon, Damon" under her breath. You know like when your kid is acting up in the store and you're really pissed, but you don't want the rest of the world to know? "Get over here or you are gonna get it" that tone, but just evil. I think she's alerting Darin that Damon is still moving. If this is right, he's obviously very involved. Suppose she was at or near the sink, talking to 911, trying to clean up the blood from her throat when she notices Damon is moving. She grabs the knife or still has it and she stands over him wondering what to do. Can she quietly stab him without the OP hearing her? She's already seen how hard it is to kill them. She knows she can't stab him again and keep control of the phone. Does Darin do it?
Somewhere on this forum Dani T. and cami both have made some changes to the 911 transcript. They both have this spot marked. I hear it too. I nearly threw up the first time. If the above scenerio is correct, we might be hearing that child being killed. I also hear utensils clattering at some point, but I can't ever remember where. Dani T. has some places marked where she and others can hear a sound, but can't tell what it is. It might one of those spots. Listen to the tape while reading cami and Dani T.'s transcripts and tell me if you hear it.

Any thoughts on my post #29? I think it's a very important slip of the tongue, do you? Was she asked about it in the trial or any other time? I am hearing the OP ask if the intruder has gone when she says "is there anybody else in the house". Is what you think she meant or is she asking if any other family members are there? I think she's asking about the intruder because that's certainly something the cops and medics would want to know before entering that house.

michelle said:

No, they didn't need to be screaming. I think Darin could sleep through it. The important question is "could DARLIE sleep through it"????? I don't think so, but that's what she's asking everyone to believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back