Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been pondering this for the last few days and I just can't understand why she would do this to a little girl not much older than her own daughter. I have read here that she was depressed and suicidal even as young girl herself and wonder if possibly she was Gay. Just a thought, but if she came from a very religious family she may have been taught that homosexuality is wrong and felt BAD about herself and been struggling with her own sexuality. Than again I hope I am just thinking too much and I am wrong, for I pray Sandra was not sexually abused. I answered I do not know.

sandcastles- I was sexually abused by 2 family members (1 who was diagnosed as schizophrenic, which I doubt to this day) when I was a young girl- the older male eventually shot and killed his daughter (my cousin). Anyway, I recall acting out sexually with other girls while this was going on, and I have NEVER been gay- it was just my own way of acting out- maybe subconciously screaming out for someone to help me- I dunno. I was very depressed, and have been on and of throughout my life (as well as suicidal). I chose to numb myself with alchohol and became very promiscuous (with males) when I got into high school and beyond.

I am just sayin' that I don't think 'gay' has anything to do with it, and I don't think that the reason she sexually abused a girl has anything to do with MH's sexual preference. Perhaps she suffers from mental disorders on top of her sexual abuse and is 'mimicking, the pain and suffering she could have endured on someone she identified as being most like herself...

- I dunno!

I am just sayin' that I don't think 'gay' has anything to do with it, and I don't think that the reason she sexually abused a girl has anything to do with MH's sexual preference. Perhaps she suffers from mental disorders on top of her sexual abuse and is 'mimicking, the pain and suffering she could have endured on someone she identified as being most like herself...

- I dunno!

thank you for sharing your story...and I completely agree. I really wish people would start to understand that homosexuality and pedophilia have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACHOTHER. sorry for the caps, but as someone with a lot of gay and lesbian friends, it annoys me to no end that people relate the two in their minds. If she was just acting out sexually as sandcastles put it, she would have done so WITH AN ADULT. I myself had a period of sexual confusion in which I dated women, and I know a lot of women who have similar sexual identity issues, and never ONCE have I heard of anyone considering children as a possibility. her orientation toward men or women has nothing to do with it. People don't say, I can't get an adult, so I'll get a kid. that's just not the way pedophilia happens. Pedophilia is a criminal act upon a weak, younger person who is inappropriately sexualized. again, just to make my point clear - HOMOSEXUALITY AND PEDOPHILIA ARE COMPLETELY UNRELATED! Please people - don't turn this into a gender orientation issue. It doesn't make a difference if it's a Sandra or a Samuel -it's a CHILD.

another point that was touched on - that maybe she related to the child in some way. I think this is valid and interesting - I have also read that when a person is sexually abused, their emotional development basically stops at whatever age they were abused at (and this is by no means a fact or a rule, so please don't take it that way). It's like a tape that gets replayed over and over again. Maybe this is where the 'arrested development' aspect comes in. This was the theory around Michael Jackson you might recall - that he thought of himself as a child since a lot of abuse happened to HIM at that age, hence why he considered children as his peers and likely sexual partners.

Pedophiles also don't necessarily think of what they do as abusive - hence why they will deny that they abused children - because they don't necessarily see it as a crime. Some of them really do think that they "love" children, and this is their screwed-up way of showing it. This is likely how they themselves learned "love", so when they deny doing anything wrong, remember that it might just be that they don't view what they do as wrong, they view it as a form of love. I don't think Michael Jackson honestly views what he's done as wrong, I think he thinks that he's caring for children.

(sorry for the long lectures - I don't post often here but when I do post I tend to post a mouthful - I hope no one thinks I am lecturing them or implying I know more than them - I'm just very emphatic/passionate about certain issues!)

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but maybe MH killed Sandra because she (MH) was also sexually abusing her own daughter, Sandra knew it, and was going to tell. The girls were good friends. Perhaps the daughter confided in Sandra.

I have to wonder if maybe somewhere in the deep, dark mind of Melissa, she didn't kill Sandra because she was obsessed with Sandra as an image of herself as a child, and in effect, was finally killing herself and all of the horrible self-images Melissa had of herself. I just can't let go of the fact that Melissa's own Mother - Judy - was coming to town the next day to take Melissa's 5-year old daughter on a trip; showing affection to an external image of Melissa that Melissa never felt she received herself. In a twisted way, Melissa was perhaps killing her very own image that represented everything she ever hated about herself and her own childhood. I have no idea where that horrible, twisted, sick, yet somehow logical view of this tragedy came from. Maybe I need to seek therapy myself??? :eek::confused:

I have to wonder if maybe somewhere in the deep, dark mind of Melissa, she didn't kill Sandra because she was obsessed with Sandra as an image of herself as a child, and in effect, was finally killing herself and all of the horrible self-images Melissa had of herself. I just can't let go of the fact that Melissa's own Mother - Judy - was coming to town the next day to take Melissa's 5-year old daughter on a trip; showing affection to an external image of Melissa that Melissa never felt she received herself. In a twisted way, Melissa was perhaps killing her very own image that represented everything she ever hated about herself and her own childhood.

<respectfully snipped>

Now you're talking - see other poll thread for my answer to your post. ;) I agree, and your reasoning above is only part of why this happened.

I have to wonder if maybe somewhere in the deep, dark mind of Melissa, she didn't kill Sandra because she was obsessed with Sandra as an image of herself as a child, and in effect, was finally killing herself and all of the horrible self-images Melissa had of herself. I just can't let go of the fact that Melissa's own Mother - Judy - was coming to town the next day to take Melissa's 5-year old daughter on a trip; showing affection to an external image of Melissa that Melissa never felt she received herself. In a twisted way, Melissa was perhaps killing her very own image that represented everything she ever hated about herself and her own childhood. I have no idea where that horrible, twisted, sick, yet somehow logical view of this tragedy came from. Maybe I need to seek therapy myself??? :eek::confused:
It's possible... I don't think we will ever be able to explain why MH did what she did.

Since none of the other choices, except "I don't know", seem to fit now I had to go with "something else will come out". I do not believe she is insane either. The crimes committed on Sandra are absolutely heinous and I can't fathom why she (allegedly) would've done it other than just being pure evil. MOO

Interesting post!

When I was acting out with my female playmates at ages 6-12, I think I did it b/c
1) It felt safer than doing it with boys, as my abusers were male
2) I was almost crying out to be 'discovered' and asked why so I could 'tell'

I never ever was 'attracted' to girls/women- it just wasn't my orientation- and as afraid as I was of being intimate with males, I didn't act out in that way. I remember being very aggressive with 1 little girl (when I was @ 9yrs) out of the desire to feel dominant over her- I wanted to feel 'in control' because she was weaker than me, and I subconciously wanted her to be as afraid as I felt. Thankfully I never was asked back to her house- I imagine she told her parents.

I am sure that my sexual development was 'arrested' in a sense b/c of what happened to me then- as I stated b4, I was afraid of being w/men for a very long time, but when I finally went there, I went overboard!

Regardless of my past, my sexual orientation was never a question for me, and I have a harder time undersanding confusion around that issue, as well as understanding those who are able to be intimate with adults and children simultaniously. B/c my gender idenity, as well as my sexuality is as natural to me as breathing, I can also understand that those who are homosexual, or suffer from gender identity disorder. Their 'orientation' is just as natural to them as mine is for me.

Does a pedophile come from the same place (mentally, emotionally, etc) as someone who went through what I did? Can they say that the only thing that separates them from 'normal heterosexual' adults is the fact that their 'interests' are socially taboo? I don't think so. Just as a person who is interested in necrophelia or bestiality can not say that those proclivities are OK and they are only persecuted and prosecuted just because they are outside the norm- their acts are damaging to themselves and/or others because they are usually linked to sexual and emotional abuse. These 'whackos' that have sex with pinecones and vaccums are acting out sexually NOT because they are just horny and wanting release, but because there is something in their past that was NOT NORMAL! I don't think that ANYONE who engages in abnormal sexual behavior grew up in an environment devoid of abnormal sexual behavior.

Yet, even tho I grew up experiencing some horrible abuse, I didn't perpetuate that as an adult- I had a foundation growing up, which taught me what moral and ethical character is, and most importantly, what EMPATHY is. Without that, I could have been a sociopath, a pedophile, a *advertiser censored*, sexual deviant... Unfortunately, many of those who perpetuate these negative traits grew up without being held accountable for their actions, or by neglectful parents, and choose to blame everyone and anyone except themselves. I know there are always anomolies, but I do think that more engaged parents would and could prevent alot of what happens in our society. Can you ell I only have furbabies?

I don't know which thread to post this but I just saw the video of Sandra skipping on the news for the first time. I'd been avoiding watching it, but I had wondered if Melissa had already given Sandra a drug earlier and maybe she left for awhile for some reason. The video shows Sandra swinging her arms up a little bit oddly then stop suddenly. She then takes her hand to push her hair aside, then puts her other hand up to the side of her head and holds her hands for a few secs on her head. Then she immediately seems to wobble a little bit, sort of slightly lose her balance before moving on. I think that woman had already drugged Sandra.
Thank you for your post.
I have wondered this myself.

I was thinking she might have drugged her but didn't mean her to die; or someone else might have done so and she is covering for him/her. (I'm trying not to point fingers this soon)

I agree...DairyGirl posted a thread about MH saying it was an accident. I believe MH was involved in some BAD pedo things and she used drugs on Sandra (maybe others) but I don't think she was alone.

.....I don't think that ANYONE who engages in abnormal sexual behavior grew up in an environment devoid of abnormal sexual behavior.

Yet, even tho I grew up experiencing some horrible abuse, I didn't perpetuate that as an adult- I had a foundation growing up, which taught me what moral and ethical character is, and most importantly, what EMPATHY is. ...... I know there are always anomolies, but I do think that more engaged parents would and could prevent alot of what happens in our society. Can you ell I only have furbabies?

Galvino, I snipped your posting to save space, but you truly need to take a bow! Your posting should be the thesis for someone's PhD project! Very, very, well stated. I bolded your word "empathy". To me, that is the key to what is lacking in ALL of these crimes we discuss and analyze. Most criminals are so self-centered, they are incapable of realizing the pain and suffering they inflict, or they are so evil that they inflict the pain and suffering for no other purpose than....the pain and suffering. So, what do we have in this case? A murderer who was incapable of feeling the pain and suffering of their victim, or one who committed the crime because of the pain and suffering? Perhaps, there is a terrifying third category; someone who lacks any empahty for their victim and is incapable of feeling their pain and suffering, yet simultaneously enjoys the pain and suffering from a self-loathing voyeuristic viewpoint? I applaud your resiliency in surviving your own pain and suffering and I am glad that you are part of us here at WebSleuths. :blowkiss:

Dang, Girl! Thank you so much for your post- It means alot to me! I have very rarely (VERY RARELY) ever talked about my experiences. Even tho I have several college degrees (which concentrate on ART and frivolous things) I am VERY interested in psychology and in helping people who need a voice- maybe because I was rendered mute for so long!

Until I found WS, the most fulfilling and impt cause I had was the dedication I had to my Sudanese Refugees- It has been very interesting to involve myself with people who have endured the worst of humanity- have had to drink their own urine in order to stay alive, grew up in polygymous families in the most oppressive of situations, watched their loved ones muredered and raped, and yet remain to this day the most optomistic human beings I have ever encountered! They don't understand the reasons or the history behind such things as civil unrest in America, yet they create incredible bonds with others- they also stand up for those who have no legs. I don't know how I will deal with those issues, but I will certainly smile at those who need a reason to smile.:crazy:

I'm still considering the idea that METH had something to do with all this. The stealing could have been to finance it or because of it, her gaunt appearance at times, the bizarre look in her eyes, the weird thing of keeping her own child inside and POSSIBLY not properly fed, the attack on Sandra. It sounds like someone totally out their head yet disgustingly cunning, and evidently meth gives you super-strength so she could throw the suitcase way out into the pond.

And unlike the bleeding hearts that wrote the laws, I don't consider drug-use to be a "mitigating circumstance" and I think the book ought to be thrown at criminals whether or not they were "under the influence" of a drug -- they choose to TAKE the drugs --

Am I naive to think that mental health evaluations aren't standard for a petty theft charge?

From the San Jose Mercury News:
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12140349?source=most_viewed
On Nov. 28, 2006, in a case in Southern California, Huckaby pleaded no contest to one count of petty theft from Mervyns, was ordered to pay fines and restitution and was sentenced to serve 13 days in jail or perform 13 days of work for the state. She was also placed on three years probation.

A mental health evaluation, related to a more recent petty theft case in San Joaquin County"
(I'm guessing the Target shoplifting charge?)

...um... why am I thinking most petty theft charges don't require mental health evaluations?

What am I missing here?

And unlike the bleeding hearts that wrote the laws, I don't consider drug-use to be a "mitigating circumstance" and I think the book ought to be thrown at criminals whether or not they were "under the influence" of a drug -- they choose to TAKE the drugs --

(respectfully snipped for space and specificity)

When are drugs a mitigating factor related to the commission of a crime? I don't think that drugs/drug use are determinative (other than aggravating, not mitigating - if anything) when an individual commits a crime.

That said, I personally don't believe that addiction, which I believe is defined by the AMA as a disease (not a crime) - should be "treated" with arrest/imprisonment when not correlated to a criminal violation (like selling, driving while, etc.). Much the way alcohol is not a crime unless a factor in an unlawful act.

When does drug use lessen the consequences of a crime?

I'm really wrapped up in the Caylee A murder/thread and know very little about this case. But when I heard who had been arrested for this crime, and the details, I was shocked and stunned. Something's not right here. Women don't behave this way without a man threatening them to either comply/participate or ELSE. Yet, LE states that they anticipate no other arrests will be forthcoming. Is this woman simply the 1% female rapist/murderer anomaly or WHAT? What was she thinking? So far, with the little I know, I don't see her as the complete psychopath like KC A is...

I'd like to know just what kind of preaching went on at the church ~ is it one of those fire & brimstone cast out demons church?

I believe she killed her because she couldn't very well let her go home and tell her mother
" Melissa raped me"

Someone one on of the threads had mentioned that Sandra's grandfather had been trapping cats and taking them to the pound. I have no verification of that, but suppose it's true, and Melissa hated him for doing this . Suppose she was the one who slashed Sandra's family's tires --I believe I read that they had had some tires slashed (or items stolen from outside the trailer? not sure which, or both); it is the reason why Sandra's grandfather installed the security cameras. Maybe he continued trapping cats, and she --in her demented mind--obsessed with Sandra, and angry about the cats, raped and killed Sandra? Maybe Sandra had been avoiding her sexual advances and that ticked her off too?

Anyway, my feeling is that there was a bunch of "stuff" stirring underneath the surface at the trailer park, and no one knew it could lead to such a horrific outcome.

The theory is just a thought....it may be totally goofy, but I have a feeling that when and if a motive comes out, it will be so stupid and pathetic, no rational person could ever let their mind go so off-course. Of course...now that she is saying it was an accident i guess there will be no room for a motive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back