Why didn't Max's parents file a civil wrongful death lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coronado Police Chief didn't ignore it. He met with Dina and said it had no merit. So did Lucas. Personally I didn't agree with their dismissal.

I think "IF" Dina is now insinuating some secret investigation is going on, its a lie to save face. She probably let a lot of people down.

"If" a murder investigation into Max's death was currently ongoing, IMO Dina's flames of fury and rage would be fanned into an inferno right now. Dina does nothing quietly and covert. IMO She is as loud as a marching band and as covert as bull in china store.

"If " IMO there was some secret investigation going on, there would be a civil suit filed. IMO There would be a pricey media PR blitz, with Dina being featured front and center telling her story over and over. IMO There would be cryptic messages plastered all over this board and others with "God Bless Max and Dina. Justice is coming".

I'm sorry but IMO Dina let her followers down with a big thud of NOTHING. She didn't even bother to save the statute.

I pray the Zahaus get this thing blown wide open. Not just Rebecca's case but Max's as well. I'm not holding my breath on either.

imo, filing a civil lawsuit has absolutely nothing to do whether whether a criminal investigation is conducted. I doubt LE will reopen RZ's investigation just as I doubt her family's civil lawsuit will proceed because it has no merit and no evidence to support it. If any family wishes to waste their money filing civil lawsuits, that's up to them. If they lose, they could end up paying the defendants' legal expenses.

LE did not go public with details about RZ's investigation until after it was closed. If that equates to being "secret" sobeit. I try to be respectful of the fact Dina is a grieving mother seeking justice for her child who did not receive a homicide investigation into his death.

JMO

Great post, Mr Spock. I agree with all of this about 1000%!

And, I doubt that there would be a "super secret, double probation" investigation of MURDER, without reclassifying Max's death from "accident" to at LEAST "undetermined". Where exactly does a law enforcement department get the budget and manpower allocation to "covertly" investigate an "accident" as a "murder"? That is laughable. Especially in California!!

IF the police, or any official agency, wanted to pursue a new investigation, the FIRST thing that would have to happen is to reclassify the death from accident to homicide or undetermined. And that has not happened.

Reopen Max's investigation. I'm all for that. I posted a long time ago that an IMPARTIAL panel of experts whose work was not constrained, and NOT chosen by Dina, could probably reconstruct what happened with Max's awful fall. The talk shows could have easily floated the budget for such a panel of experts, and had a "reveal" show at the conclusion.

But, IMO, Dina would never agree to that. The risk is simply too high that the panel of experts might not agree with her hand picked experts, one of which was tightly constrained in his work product (Bove), by his OWN report.

I don't understand your constant attacks on the dead child's mother. Dina doesn't have to "agree" to anything law enforcement chooses to do but if they ask her not to publicly discuss something, she has no reason not to honor such a request.

I also don't believe any ME will change a death determination in an unwitnessed death due to a fall unless a criminal investigation is completed. There was never a homicide investigation into Max's death so the ME had no basis to classify it as such.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member